Paolo Maldini Thread

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Billy Costacurta says fellow AC Milan legend Paolo Maldini will be prepared to listen to any offer about returning.

The club's imminent new owners want Maldini to be involved, though the former defender is reluctant.

Costacurta told Sky Italia: "I know that Maldini has not yet heard from anyone, but I think it is fair on his part to listen to the proposal of Milan.

"Paolo will definitely listen to the proposal, but will not be a mascot, he certainly will not wave the flag around.

"But sure he will listen to the proposal."

the meeting is almost going to happen with Fassone

i can feel it

:jump:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
tumblr_oe58w0ytgR1r90nv2o1_1280.jpg

http://calciofication.tumblr.com/image/150993039490

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
those lotto shirts :love:

is that Couto in the back?

masterofnaiads

Drummer Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Zidane, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Rivaldo, Kaka, Forlan, Cocu, Riquelme, Cafu
Maldini offered Milan role?

Reports suggest Paolo Maldini has been offered the role of technical director by Milan’s future CEO Marco Fassone.

It has already been decided that Fassone will come in if and when Sino-Europe Sports complete their takeover of the Rossoneri.

The Chinese consortium are looking for a club legend to act as a symbol of their new regime, with Maldini the obvious choice.

Now MilanNews is reporting that the Diavolo’s all-time record appearance holder has been offered the role of technical director after a meeting with Fassone.

It’s thought the former defender has asked for time to think over the offer, and will reply in the next few days.

Maldini made over 900 appearances for Milan, winning seven Scudetti and five Champions Leagues.

His late father, Cesare, won four Scudetti and a European Cup in 412 appearances while his sons Christian and Daniel have played for the youth teams.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
He said no. Wants sumthin more hands on.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini confirms he does “not agree with the role proposed, but I am ready to say yes if Milan present a serious project.”

The Rossoneri legend has been in negotiations with the Chinese group set to take over the club.

He was offered a position with the club of technical director, but was reportedly hesitant.

“My name is mentioned a bit too often, sometimes with false or unverifiable stories,” Maldini told Sky Sport Italia this evening.

“It’s true I met Fassone and Mirabelli at my home, I was told the objective was to take Milan back to being one of the top clubs in the world within five years.

“My history as a man and a Milan player forces me to understand deep down the ideas of the new owners, their projects and how they are thinking of acting.

“I need to hear it directly from them. If I am to put my face, heart and passion into this, working 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, then I want to do it for a truly serious project.

“I am ready to transform my life. It is not me who sought out Milan, but them who came to me, so I consider it only right that I get the chance to speak to the new owners before making a definitive decision.

“This is an issue of principle and of justice. I read some reports I made elevated financial requests: I have made no requests at all in that sense.

“I read that I set certain conditions: I merely pointed out that if I was to be made technical director, it would be right that I make my own decisions and that includes making my own autonomous mistakes. That does not mean by-passing Fassone’s role.

“It has been said I lack experience. I feel the need to note that I have experience on a technical level, having spent a lifetime with the Milan jersey, which I continue to consider not a second skin, but my one and only skin.

“I want it to be clear, so we can avoid any type of misunderstanding: any decision I make will be solely for the good of Milan. If at the end of the day I should be a part of the new club, it’ll mean that contact with the owners – obviously shared with Fassone – are continual and constructive. Hearing from them every now and then would not be useful.

“If we are to get back to the top, we must do it all together within a shared project. It has also been said that my negative response has already arrived: quite simply, right now, I do not agree with the role that has been offered me. I request respect, the respect that I feel I deserve.”

http://app.football-italia.net/?ref...et#article/footballitalia-92501&menu=news-all

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Fuck sake... what is happening?

I know I (most of us) are very biased, but Maldini should be given the role he wants. He's not asking for too much IMO. I would never have brought in this Mirabelli guy, and instead have Maldini working under Fassone.

I get it if the Chinese say no because they think Paolo is asking too much, but I really don't think he is. If he'd said that he wants to have Fassone's job, then yes he'd be asking too much. FUCK this is nerve-wracking. Paolo is right for the club at this moment, I hope the new owners are smart enough to understand that.

Who's better to teach current and new players what it means to be a Milanista?

Who's better to defend the players against the fans and media? Having Paolo as a shield gives the time time to grow.

How often do you see someone so publicly say that he loves the club? We need some love back, we need some Milan-family back again.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
You are right about all the things that you said about transmitting what it means to be a Milanista to the players and to the fans. There's no one who can do that better than Paolo.

At the same time, he wants to be one level removed from the owners. And that's something that won't work with the kind of corporate structure they (or any big money owners) envision. They want an experienced football business guy to lead the club. And everyone else to report to him. I agree with that.

I really want Maldini to come back but he needs to understand that bit. Having said that, I fully support what he's doing now if his intention is to ensure that his role is meaty. I dont want it to be a move just for better PR with the fans. He needs to have complete control over the technical part, even though he should still report to Fassone.

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan
At the same time, he wants to be one level removed from the owners.

Maldini said:
I read that I set certain conditions: I merely pointed out that if I was to be made technical director, it would be right that I make my own decisions and that includes making my own autonomous mistakes. That does not mean by-passing Fassone’s role.

Kinda seems to me like he's just saying that he wants calrity on whether it's a postion in name only or whether he's actually being offered a real position.

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
I'm so disappointed...

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This shouldn't come as a surprise if you read his interviews. If he wanted a role similar to Leonardo's then he would've replaced him in 2009.

I would've loved him in the role the Chinese proposed, but I'm totally fine with him turning the offer down as long as he doesn't continue whining about lack of former Milan players involved in the club.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I fully support him in rejecting that made up nedved role. as far as I know all nedved does is show up, watch games and attend CL draws.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I fully support him in rejecting that made up nedved role. as far as I know all nedved does is show up, watch games and attend CL draws.

Agreed.

At the same time, one must understand the Chinese if they don't want to give someone they don't really know too much power.

But however I look at it, getting Paolo is a must. It will give so much energy to the club. So much history disappears with B&G gone, someone must replace it.

And also, it's PAOLO. FUCKING. MALDINI!

One of this club's absolute GOAT's.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bring Leo and Maldini back.

Dias

DAI DAI DAI
Reaction score
Can't argue with Maldini on having contact with the owners with Fassone.

He's seen how shit the club has been run and wants to be part of the change. How much responsibility or power he is given remains to be defined.

My interpretation is that they just want his 'name' in the management, which means fuck all to him if he's not doing anything, but means 'everything' the oblivious fans.

He has every right to question the role (just like anyone applying for a new job) - and having direct contact with the owners with upper management doesn't seem like a big ask.

I do think that making decisions on his own is risky. But you gotta start somewhere, preferably learning from someone with more experience.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
25s04-maldini-753.jpg

Fuck Curva, fuck Galliani and now fuck Fassone/China?

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
:( - https://www.facebook.com/paolomaldiniofficial/posts/1225133524215351

booble blanslate
" the milan has always been for me, an affair of the heart and passion, my history, my father, and that of my children prove it and no one can erase our bond with the colors rossoneri. This very strong link me to be careful, precise and professional in accepting the job that was offered to me; of course, it would be much easier to follow the emotion of the proposal and to say yes, without thinking about the possible consequences and go head to head in This new adventure. But no, I can't, I have to respect the values that have accompanied me during my whole life, I have to respect the many fans who over the years identified in me for passion, determination and seriousness, I must respect the milan and myself.
I would like to clarify certain concepts and Milan fans to part of the press, which has collected and told of the news that they move the substance of the matter on the economic aspect, forgetting the importance that I and my family, we gave to the sense of belonging to the Milan: the salary It's always been a consequence of the agreement, never the cause. These news, among other things, they have been suggested by "Anonymous sources" through channels and people I've known for 30 years, which aim to discredit my person to justify the lack of agreement. I wasn't sure I break our confidentiality agreement.
I don't have advanced economic demands, I have said from the first meeting that the definition of the role was the key of a possible collaboration. How can I quantify a proposal when I am not established with clarity the responsibilities? I made it clear that I would have given my all for a serious project that I had seen in an important role, which I never agreed to be used as "the simple flag". I repeat: the Milan for me it is a choice of heart .
I never asked for a role "in the galliani", i.e. of CEO with full powers. I know what are the my virtues, but I know even better my limits; the area of my expertise should be that of sports.
I was offered the role of technical director, before me was hired a sporting director of confidence of the CEO, so, according to the corporate organizational chart that I have been presented, I should have to share any project, purchase or sale of footballer with the My Parigrado DS. My precise question on what would have happened in the event of disagreement, I was told by Mr. Fassone that would have chosen him. That said, I don't think there were the foundations for a winning team. I did part of teams that have made the history of football and I know that to get to those results, there must be a great synergy between all the components, corporate investment important roles and well defined. The latest seasons of AC Milan with double the CEO and overlapping roles should be teaching. Of course I would have had to take, in the eyes of the fans, the press and of the property, all the responsibility of the sports section, with the possibility of being excluded from any executive power.
I never asked to have a direct contact with the property to bypass the CEO; I expressed the desire to hear from Mr. David Han Li, Executive Director of the until Europe Sports, that I've only met for a few minutes, what they expected from me; I wanted to hear from his voice what objectives they have set for ourselves and what investments they intend to do. I think this is a serious request that every professional has right to the right employer, especially when you have behind a past like mine with the club, made of belonging and credibility.
I hope with these few lines to have clarified my position. Remains the bitterness of these days for a dream that is gone and they stay the controversy instrumentals that I don't have that pleasure.
I defend the right of the people in charge of society as important as the milan can choose their employees on the basis of the criteria for their most suitable, I, too, I would do the same thing in their position, but let me also repeat that my values and my independence Of thought will be for me always more important than any use ".
Paolo Maldini

The Bear

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
“I was offered the role of Technical Director, before that a sporting director would be hired with the faith of the CEO then, according to the organisational chart that was presented to me, I was share any project, purchase or sale of a player with my sporting director peer.

“My specific question was about what would happen if we disagreed, and [CEO Marco] Fassone told me he would decide.

“I told him I didn’t think that was the basis for a winning team. I’ve been part of teams which have made football history, and I know that to achieve results there has to be great synergy between all the corporate bodies and major investors, in addition to well-defined roles.

Fuck that Inter scum, fuck the Chinese owners, fuck this club.

Paolo for President.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Can't help but respect his decision. It would have been easiest for him to get paid when at the end of the day most decisions didnt rest on him, but he decided he didnt want to do so. Respect

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
So, we hate Mirabelli from now on, and the cunt that hired him :o

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He said no like 2 weeks ago so not big surprise.

I was fairly sure from the beginning ... that's why I contemplate if all these 2 weeks were Basotti/Birabelli PR stunt.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
And if you read his statement, he's saying some damn good things. He's indeed not "just a player".

Sad thing is that Milan fans won't make a big deal out of this unless someone starts something. So this will soon be buried and no Paolo Maldini back to AC Milan. It's fucking depressing.

The Chinese should get their fucking shit together. If the first fucking thing they do is trying to bring back Maldini, the biggest legend this club has, they better get it right. This is embarrassing for them.

I'm so pissed FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imagine seeing Paolo in red and black again. :(

Schedule