ESPN...AC Milan plan 'to make two big signings'.............

ehsan99

Banned
Reaction score
AC Milan plan 'to make two big signings'

MILAN, April 29 (Reuters) - Serie A leaders AC Milan will make two major signings for next season, club vice-president Adriano Galliani said on Thursday.
'Two champions will be signed,' Galliani, who effectively runs the club on behalf of owner and Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, told Milan's website.

The European champions, who could win their 17th title with a victory over second-placed AS Roma on Sunday, have recently followed the example of Real Madrid by focusing their transfer activity on one or two big name players every year.

Brazilians Cafu and Kaka joined the club this season while their compatriot Rivaldo, who has since left the club, and Italy defender Alessandro Nesta were purchased in 2002.

Media reports have indicated that Lazio's Dutch defender Jaap Stam is one target.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=298796&cc=5901
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
what do you think
who they are
Stam and i think Rothen

Acer1899

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Entire Milan squad
Pretty stupid article, comparing the Milan signings to Real Madrid. When we bought Kaka he was not a big star.
I still hope we buy a young defender, Ferrari or Bonera as Juventus will be on a shopping spree, they need defenders.
Buying Stam might be a temporary solution, but in the long run, if Juve buy the younger and hungrier player, they will pass us.
Perhaps 3-4 players would a better idea, Luis Fabiano and two defenders or an extra striker.

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, Boban, Maldini, Donadoni, Costacurta and Roberto Baggio
Chevanton and Stam would be my guess.

m1ke

Primavera
Reaction score
savicevic10 said:

yeah i think that would be ideal. our midfield is perfect, just defenders & a decent striker please :devil3:

kenichy

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
fowler, maradona, pirlo
we are probably gonna buy beckham and figo.

hahahahahahahahaha. just kidding. i shoot myself if that happens.

so many speculations. i rather not guess. i rather milan surprise me.

in a good way of course.

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
m1ke said:
our midfield is perfect

well.....I don't know about that. Seedorf is consistently inconsistent season after season. Our backups (minus Ambro) are not particularly good (Serginho, Redondo, Brocchi). I think some work needs to be done here, but I must admit, with players such as Rino and Pirlo in our midfield, it will always be formidable, regardless of who is occupying the other slots.

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
My guess would STAM and CHEVANTON. But boy, if we can get FABIANO, then we are set for years. Remember, he is KAKA's buddy from SAO PAOLO. I think FABIANO is gonna stay in BRAZIL for another year at least.

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Timmy Cahill and Mr. Leite
I think we should REALLY go for Emerson:

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/apr29f.html said:
Capello: Emerson will go

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roma boss Fabio Capello has already waved goodbye to his influential midfielder Emerson.

The Brazilian is set to leave the Italian capital at the end of this season and Capello has confirmed that he will be sold.

The tactician broke the news to a Spanish radio station when he was asked whether Francesco Totti would be sacrificed to Real Madrid.

"Totti is not for sale," he told Radio Marca. "It would be like Real Madrid selling Raul. The only departure will be that of Emerson."

The South American only has a year left on his contract at the Olimpico but talks over a new deal have stalled.

That is basically down to the uncertain financial future that currently surrounds the club as Franco Baldini has confirmed.

"At this moment in time we can’t make any promises to Emerson," said the sporting director. "However, stories suggesting that he has asked us to sell him are false."

It now seems almost certain that the former Bayer Leverkusen ace will be on his way out of the capital.

Juventus are understood to be very keen on the player but he is likely to join either Chelsea or Inter.

This would be really great for our midfield. It would encourage some competition for places (i.e. perhaps make Seedorf put in some effort) and give us even more options

Gattuso---Pirlo---Emerson

:eek:

---

my two guesses are Stam and Chevanton.. common sense really.. i dont think Stam would reject a couple of cameo seasons at Europes best club (while picking up a handsome paycheck) and Chevanton.. well he was a 'guest' in the Milan jet.. need i say more? :cool:

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Galliani: "Il Milan acquisterà due campioni"

Fabiano ? Chevanton ?

Not really :o Even if Braida was in Budapest on Wednesday to take a look at Fabiano... :rolleyes:

Emerson + Totti :D

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
juninho-paulista said:
Chevanton.. well he was a 'guest' in the Milan jet.. need i say more? :cool:

Because he appeared in a TV show that is broadcast from a Milan studio... ? ;)

jasiom

AC Milan Capitan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini (always), Ambrosini, Pato, Huntelaar.
Silvo... SPLASH THE CASH...

...STAM ...CHEVANTON ...EMERSON all sound perfect too me ...I wouldn't Mind DAVIDS either...

Rivaldo-11

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta
They saying that on acmilan-online.com aswell.....2 big signings...Tottiis too good to be true

Acer1899

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Entire Milan squad
Stam (hoping for Ferrari or Bonera) plus Luis Fabiano.

makaveli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso,Kaka, Nesta, Inzaghi, Gerrard, Henry, Ronaldinho, Riquelme, Rui Costa..
Stam probably. L. Fabiano i hope saw him in the friendly agains't Hungary man what a player :eek: , with all that height he's really fast, got great technique, dribbling and a perfect finisher. He already netted more than 110 for Sao Paolo. Bring Kaka and Fabiano together again :devil2: . Also i forgot Emerson it would be a great signing :devil3:

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
We need Ferrari and EMERSON!!!!

Those 2 would be PERFECT! :)

I hope it ain't true that we wish to trade Dalla Bona & Borriello + Cash for Chevanton...That's just stupid! :rolleyes:

Cescania

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini
Galliani: Berlusconi Not Interested In Totti

04/29/2004. Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani says his club are not interested in signing Francesco Totti from Roma.

"People often say that buying Totti is a dream of President Silvio Berlusconi but that is not true," he told ReteSport.

"Our patron loves to see clubs who have symbols. A player like Totti needs to remain where he is.

"He is a Roma fan, he was born and raised in the capital and he is an emblem for the Giallorossi."
SA Italy

soccerage.com

So... may not be Totti, although I hope he can come.

So my guess will be Stam and Figo.

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We don't want Totti.

I used to want Totti but that was before I saw Kaka play. Kaka will be better than Totti when he gets to the age Totti is now, maybe sooner.

I must have watched Totti probably every week since November and though he's good, he dives and make the most of physical contact all the time. We should keep that kind of thing to a bare minimum at Milan.

Obviously I wouldn't cry if he came to us, but I'd rather not.

I'd prefer Cassano over Totts.

Reaction score
Ciao Milanisti ;)

Milan should buy Ronaldinho and Stam + Fabiano + Mexes this where fantastic

Dida

Maldini - Nesta - Stam - Mexes
Pirlo
Seedorf(Gattuso) - Kaka - Ronaldinho
Fabiano - Sheva

Forza Milan :devil2: :devil2:

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Ronaldinho for now is just a dream..

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
savicevic10 said:

Strike Chevanton. I've read that they are two big names so my guess is
Stam and any one out of

Mutu
Crespo
Ronaldo (least likely)
Rothen (big name?)
Davids
Emerson
Figo (Dear God, I hope not)

What the fuck do I know? :D

But I've heard something about all of them. If it's true about Totti to Real then I could see Ronaldo on his way.

Juve would never sell to us, but Trez would be great.

I just hope it's someone who rocks the casbah.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Of course we want Totti :devil2: He doesn't dive more than Sheva or Pippo (who has really downsized the habit considerably !) or Kaka' who is a mean little diver too. (Every Serie A player is a diver, it's a prerequisite)

But I'm afraid we'll end up with Stam (32) + Davids (31) or Luis Filipe Madeira Caeiro Figo (32). Campioni + soon-to-be has-beens... :rolleyes:

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Jeez, are Milan rumoured with Figo again? :rolleyes:

Becks is apparently set to leave. How long before he's rumoured to Milan?

Oh, and there's the Bobo-Inter soap opera.
VDV ??? (rumour bound to come up again, I guess)
<insert Brazilian player name here>
<insert CL winning player name here>
<insert EC04 winning player name here>

Didn't Galliani make the "we'll get 2 stars" speech last year? Turned out to be Cafú and Kaká.

Ah well, this will be yet another interesting transfer season...

takahan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
Of course we want Totti :devil2: He doesn't dive more than Sheva or Pippo (who has really downsized the habit considerably !) or Kaka' who is a mean little diver too. (Every Serie A player is a diver, it's a prerequisite)

But I'm afraid we'll end up with Stam (32) + Davids (31) or Luis Filipe Madeira Caeiro Figo (32). Campioni + soon-to-be has-beens... :rolleyes:

Hey diving is a good tactic too if not overuse.... :D
I use to respect Kinnsman(pls correct my spelling mistake) a lot for diving tactifully.
Stam and a Totti will be a perfect signing:devil2:
but I dont mind E. David too

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
how about this guys:

Ancelotti: It's Showtime...
30.4 || scharatz || Football Italia

Carlo Ancelotti realises Sunday will be one of the most important days of his career and compared it to a European Cup Final.

“This clash is worth as much as the Champions’ League Final to us,” stated the Milan boss. “Roma are the best opponents in this division and deserve to be challenging, but we’ve already beaten them and hope to continue that trend.”

These two sides have already met three times this season between Serie A and the Coppa Italia with every result going 2-1 to Milan. A victory at the San Siro would crown them Champions of Italy.

“We are in great condition coming to this match and can close up the title in front of our own fans,” continued the tactician and former Roma player.

“I just can’t wait for this game to kick off. Psychologically it’s a less difficult encounter than the one with Empoli, because we know that it can be the decider, while at the same time we have an advantage to take care of in case things go wrong.”

The gap at the top was cut down to just six points when Milan were held at Udinese last week, but with only two games left after this showdown even a defeat might not prevent them taking the Scudetto.

“You need patience in every match, but I think the final minutes will be decisive. Individual players are always important and with so many technically gifted stars out there anything could happen.”

The most eagerly awaited players on the day will be Francesco Totti and Brazilian starlet Kaka’.

“It isn’t really fair to compare the two as Totti has already matured,” pointed out Ancelotti. “Kaka’ has already proved what a great talent he is, but he has time to grow and improve. It would be wonderful to see them play together one day.”

Totti’s alleged agreement with Real Madrid has shaken the Giallorossi ahead of this crucial game, so the Coach knows this comment will spark further speculation that Milan are considering a bid for the captain.

These two tacticians know each other well, as Ancelotti was part of the Scudetto-winning Rossoneri squad Coached by Fabio Capello in the early 1990’s.

“Capello knows how to read a game very well and can put his ideas across in a way the players understand. Roma will be without Cristian Chivu, but I think he will stick with the four-man defence.”

The title could be sealed on Sunday and Ancelotti claims the fixture list could not have been drawn up better.

“The two best teams in the division will face off and the tension is rising. It is a fitting end to a wonderful season.”

warmth

Rossonero a vita!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
S.Rossi, Baresi, Maldini, Shevchenko, Kaká, Gattuso, Dinho, T.Silva, Boateng, El Shaarawy
In the national side togheter now is imposible... but against maybe... :devil2: so in milan??? I don't think so... Totti is not a player for milan... he is a roma fan so he must stay in roma... kaka is a acmilan fan so he must stay in milano... :devil2:

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Timmy Cahill and Mr. Leite
Didn't Galliani say last season that we would sign one of Beckham/Figo/Ronaldo?? :conf:

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
I'm sure Stam is one of them (champion in his own kind of way)

The second might be a striker since Beslusconi wants Milan to play with two strikers. But since both should be 'champions', I expect a big name. However I can't think of some, Chevanton or Gilardino are strikers who jumpm into my mind, but they aren't really regarded as champions.

milan_my_love

▼•Moderator•▼
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Gianluigi Lentini, Marco Van Basten, Alberigo Evani, Paolo Maldini & IL Capitano
juninho-paulista said:
Didn't Galliani say last season that we would sign one of Beckham/Figo/Ronaldo?? :conf:

Yeah,he did say that.
Figo will leave Real this summer.I have heared this thing many times.But Figo has himself denied any interest in Serie'A.He want to go back where he started in Portugesel league.So,IMO Figo will not be one of the two stars Galliani is talking about.It could be Stam + Emerson.(Both will be free agents and Milan likes free agents.. :D )

Personally for me it will be a dream coming true if Pupone will be signed.Real are interested in him(a rumour or whatever).Any hope for Pupone's signing for Milan?Well Carlo has hinted it in the latest statement of his. "It would be wonderful to see them(Totti + Kaka) play together one day.Yes it will be! :devil2:

Schedule