Milan - Perugia

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Here we go.
It's the return leg of the Coppa semifinals.
The first game was goalles which means Milan better win this one to get to the finals.
Bearing our ever growing current injury-list on mind and the fact that Perugia beat us in the leaugue, I expect a tough one. I also expect us to win the game.

In the other semi it's a Rome derby. Roma are favourits to reach the finals after winning their "away match" against Lazio with two to one.

I must say this is the first season I've ever cared for the Coppa (maybe excluding that one time we crushed Inter with 5-0, with Ganz as ther hero).

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Well... With the trend this season, they play *seriously* in the 2nd leg.

Yes, it's going to be a tough one. Hopefully, Kaladze will be available for this match although Laursen played well against Inter.

I guess I don't to mention that they should *look out* for Miccoli...

ferruginouz

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Hope Milan win this game..

One step closer to the finals againts the Romas..

Just make that one step... even it's not an easy one..

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
The call-ups:

KEEPERS: Dida, Abbiati, Fiori
DEFENDERS: Chamot, Costacurta, Aubameyang, Helveg, Laursen, Nesta, Simic
MIDFIELDERS: Ambrosini, Ba, Brocchi, Dalla Bona, Dal Bello, Gattuso, Pastrello, Rui Costa
FORWARDS: Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Tomasson

Another day, another injury :rolleyes: Rivaldo had a bruised knee during training, don't know if it's serious or not.

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Oh crap......Ba is on the included squad. Well, this man has apparently practiced all season so he should be ready. :)

Maldini3

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The Old Man
rony31 said:
I hope it's a career ending injury :rolleyes: When's the game? Tomorrow or Wednesday? :conf:
Milan will lose a large amount of money :o But I hope so too :devil2:

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Timmy Cahill and Mr. Leite
RivippoRuiNestaShevdini said:
Oh crap......Ba is on the included squad. Well, this man has apparently practiced all season so he should be ready. :)

Ahaha YES! Ibrahim is the perfect weapon to combat Miccoli.. you see Miccoli, being owned by Juventus, will follow the Bianconeri trend by scoring in the 90th minute. However, Carlo, out of severe desperation, will make his final substitution, Señor Ba.. who will come on and within 20 seconds, create and score from a miraculous passing movement that ends in a well executed bicycle kick.

And if you didnt think that was incredible enough, Ibrahim takes the ball from Miccoli at the kickoff, nutmegs him, takes the ball past every single Perugia player, then tricks around the goalie and slots home, Milan 2-1 Perugia

Miccoli 90', Ba 91', Ba 92'

Then back to the kitchen goes Ibrahim to prepare dinner for the rest of the squad :D

Red&BlackDevils

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
let's win this game people. who else on the injury list
Pilro, out for 30 to 40 days
Rivaldo out for week.
maldini out for week.
seedorf out for 2 month.

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
GAZZETTA: MILAN vs PERUGIA, HOW THEY LINE UP

MILAN: Abbiati; Helveg, Nesta, Laursen, Costacurta; Gattuso, Ambrosini, Rui Costa, Brocchi; Tomasson, Shevchenko.

PERUGIA: Kalac; Rezaei, Viali, Di Loreto; Ze Maria, Tedesco, Blasi, Fusani, Grosso; Miccoli, Vryzas

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
:devil2: I predict a 1:0 victory...In fact I could almost guarantee it 'cos Milan has now become the world experts at winning games by this score. :devil2:

Maldini3

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The Old Man
ads216 said:
:devil2: I predict a 1:0 victory...In fact I could almost guarantee it 'cos Milan has now become the world experts at winning games by this score. :devil2:
All other teams' fans around my place enjoy making fun of this story :o
But I am sure they are just so so jealous of Milan :D :rolleyes: :devil2:
BTW INZAGHI: 'I look to shoot under the Curva Sud in the second half'
04/14/2003 21:27

MILAN - Filippo Inzaghi was also interviewed on 'Studio Milan' and he revealed a secret: 'I have scored more goals under the Curva Sud (9 of 14), because Maldini at the start of the match plays more on attack while in the second half, he plays more on defense when we have time to recuperate and I can shoot under the Curva Sud. Maldini knows that I like to feel the heat of the fans and this gives me a great charge.'
Inzaghi then explained his exultation after the goal in the derby: 'It was a libertaion, Abbiati and I almost injured each other celebrating. It was a great emotion, I lost my head. To run that much and then to have 10 minutes of extra time!' A comment about Milan: 'In the derby we demonstrated our force, but I also think that we played a good match against Parma, only we were unlucky. If they would have given me that goal now we would only be 5 points from Juve and ahead of Inter. We are not missing conviction.'
Sorry but I don't understand what he means :conf: S/o plz explain? :D

efford

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
i think he means that maldini is more offensive when milan are facind the north curva... and when they switch sides in half-time he gst more defensive, then its time for pippo to play his most offensive role, right under the curva sud where most of the fanatic milan-supporters stand...

unrossonero

vüsa minga!
Reaction score
maldini3, that translation does not correspond to the italian text of the interview i've read: pippo said (in italian) that there's an understanding whereby maldini, when (as a captain) he gets the opportunity to choose the starting side of the pitch, goes for the south-north direction attack in the first half so that, should they have to recuperate the score in the second half, they can attack under the curva sud; actually, i don't know if this is really true but i remember this myth (second half attacking north/south) has been going on for a very long time, far longer than inzaghi and maldini wearing red-black.

Vernetti

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Michael Laudrup, Sheva, Ronaldinho, Grønkjær, Vicente, Robben
I just really, really, REALLY hope that Jon Dahl Tomasson is gonna fire us into the final.

He´s been given far to few chance this season in my oppinion. Esspecially seen in the light of Rivaldo sucking so badly this season.

With just a little luck he´ll get on the score sheet a couple of times again Perugia. The only thing that worries me is that he might be lacking match practice.

Given a bit of time he is really high quality.... i guarante it!!! ;)

Forza Milan!!! :devil:

mellanie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sandro Nesta
I DO hope we'll make a good match... possibly with more than one goal!

My men for the game are Sandro, asked to stop Miccoli-no
and
Ambro/Sheva/JDT, asked to score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

azira

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
mellanie said:
I DO hope we'll make a good match... possibly with more than one goal!

My men for the game are Sandro, asked to stop Miccoli-no
and
Ambro/Sheva/JDT, asked to score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sandro is our greatest hope for denying perugia goaLs..hope nobody will hurt him..

ambro: ahahahahahahahahaha? u make me Laugh!

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
azira said:
ambro: ahahahahahahahahaha? u make me Laugh!

please don't chastise such a great player like ambro.
if you want to make fun of someone, there always is the likes of ba and rivaldo.

rony31

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
WHOAAAAAA! HOW DID JDT MISS THAT SHOT? Open net rebound off a Sheva shot, and the goalie saved it somehow! UNBELIEVABLE! :eek:

P.S. Ambrosini sucks ass :devil2:

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
Maldini's out so Laursen will have to shut down Miccoli & Vryzas, hopefully he's up to the challenge.

Tomasson had a tap in saved in the 3rd minute which they said he should definatly have scored on, and Ambro does NOT suck.

mamma_mia!

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
ambro is GREAT!
Yay Nesta got his first Milan goal, i am very happy for him :D
I know this is slack but when Ba came on it was really funny - i even thought he was gonna make this great run and score but he stalled kind of early hehehe
If only Sheva scored :rolleyes: i hope his goals come soon

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
:star: :star: Sandro's first Milan goal :star: :star:

:proud: :proud: I can tell my grandkids that I saw le Magicien again :proud: :proud:

Cescania

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini
Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NESTA SCORED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil2:

Schedule