Riccardo Montolivo Thread

How do you like Montolivo?

• Total voters

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
good game, him and de jong were bright spots.

Campione

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, De Sciglio, Pirlo, Maldini, Baresi, Donadoni, Suarez
Monty really needs to stop dribbling in midfield. He should learn some from De Jong.

milan88

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso, Flamini, De Rosario, Ronaldinho, Nesta, Inzaghi, Bonera, Montolivo, Rooney, Kaka
Took like 7 Shots today :lol:

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
Monty was good! but he lacks consistency, a mixed bag at times.

belloefamoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
He should play simple pass and don't drible so much. He shoot very well. Solid perfomance

mayweatherfats

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini seedorf inzaghi kaka pirlo t.silva van basten serginho rui costa cafu sheva
he needs to be playing higher up da pitch to be more effective not along side our centre back

Fiero

Reaction score
I don't think people comprehend how much of a good game he had. He was simply outstanding, man of the match IMO. That partnership with De Jong looked world class today.

The two of them totally dominated the midfield from start to finish. Montolivo took the team on his shoulder... with all the shots + the rebounds which were our most dangerous chances.

Gargano, Cambiasso, Guarin, Pereira... neither of them had any notable offensive contribution simply because Monty - De Jong owned the midfield. De Jong was great at winning back the ball and Montolivo linked our entire team, no one from their midfield was able to take the ball off him.

World class performance. :)

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
he needs to be playing higher up da pitch to be more effective not along side our centre back

if he go's forward, we have like no chance to stop a counter attack
especially against small teams

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
He Played well but that needs to be his level of play consistenly before we roll out the red carpet, we still did lose! and he is one of the players that are suppose to bail us out of those situations.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
He got some confidence that is borderline arrogance. I really love it.

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
:thumbsup:

How he calmly wiped the floor with Pereira in our penalty box is the stuff of genius.

I swear for a second nesta came to mind cos of his hair and his cool.

No one is exaggerating here. fantastic game

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
:thumbsup:

How he calmly wiped the floor with Pereira in our penalty box is the stuff of genius.

Yeah, let's say it was breathtaking.

Edit: the ball made such a mad curve in one of the shots saved by their GK, fantastic shot

Last edited:

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
As far as I am concerned, Montolivo is the only player on our team who is worthy of this shirt

the only two players who I think have a good chance of 'being worthy' are El Sharawy and De Sciglio, and I am hoping Acerbi would be given some chances to show the trust I have in his abilities, but these 3 youngsters have a long road ahead... so far Montolivo is our true leader, even though he does not wear the captain's armband, you can sense how much the team trusts him and he does not disappoint you when you do.

asd

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Can someone post that goal that was called off? My stream went down for like 5mins and I missed it.

blaze

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic, El Shaarawy, T.Silva, Nesta, De Sciglio, Balotelli, Neymar, Pimp C, Bun B

thanks for posting, my stream was lagging like hell so i didn't quite catch the entire thing. that is such a LATE bs call from the ref, he practically waits until he kicks the ball..

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE

well if that in essence was the game...how disappointing :(

i've watched it 3 times and i can't believe the misses by boateng, pazzini and bojan...so frustrating when any one of them would have completely changed the game. but, what can be done now

that shot from montolivo was great...really fabulous. i don't understand exactly what the call was that disallowed it...but great shot and he just needs to keep doing those kinds of things :thumbsup: hopefully next time the goal will count :fp:

LoLInter

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Maldini, Cavani, Ibra, Totti, Gattuso, Del Piero, T.Silva, Nesta, Lampard, El Shaarawy
As far as I am concerned, Montolivo is the only player on our team who is worthy of this shirt.

Surely De Jong must classify for this lol?

He's been nothing but awesome and hard-working ever since he got here, and he's been staying away from the douchebag tackles on top of that. IMO he's the one earning his wage and stay the most at the moment.

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
Monty was probably the best player on the pitch yesterday :thumbsup:

Such bs, should've been a goal. I hate Valeri :mad:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
well if that in essence was the game...how disappointing :(

No inter player even asks for a call till Vaffanculovic realises it's going in. Also ihad Emanuelson not hit Vaffanculovic he wouldn't have had time to get back anyway. :(

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE
No inter player even asks for a call till Vaffanculovic realises it's going in.

yes you are right. i've watched it another 5 times now and the goalie and urby collide...goalie rolls a bit gets up and sees the ball going in from montolivo's kick.

THEN he raises his hand as well does the bald inter player (cambiasso? couldn't tell from the video)

also, handanovic = vaffanculovic? sadly, any witty joke is lost on the clueless like me

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
also, handanovic = vaffanculovic? sadly, any witty joke is lost on the clueless like me

Vaffanculo is a well known international term similar to hand gesture known as flicking the bird. Vaffanculovic mixes the term Vaffanculo with usual Balkan(?) name end of -vic. It came with Ibrahimovic and continued with Stankovic. Now this 'honorary' term is worn by Handanovic. It's not too witty as much as it is camp. ;)

SES92

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibrahimovic, Cafu, Nesta, Kaladze
I think they called a foul on Urby because Urby moved and left Handanovic to fall, which is nonsense anyway since that ball would go in no matter what.

Without ref they would lose like a bitch.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
In any other big league that goal would have stood but like I said elsewhere, players moan and groan tooooo much these days in Italian football, any touch and the keeper was taken out of the play, bullshit, the GK is usually the biggest guy on the pitch by default plus he can use his hands and stick out his knee for shielding he always has a huge advantage, this is never a foul, the Pazzini hand in the face is however..

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
In any other big league that goal would have stood but like I said elsewhere, players moan and groan tooooo much these days in Italian football, any touch and the keeper was taken out of the play, bullshit, the GK is usually the biggest guy on the pitch by default plus he can use his hands and stick out his knee for shielding he always has a huge advantage, this is never a foul, the Pazzini hand in the face is however..

:lol:

its that italians are out played in that department also :lol:

italian football is the dirtiest .. has alwaysbeen :D but they had great players to back that shit

Schedule