Giacomo Bonaventura Thread

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
I was actually surprised by Bona. For the first time tried to play like a real CM, finding through balls, trying to pass first, quick passes, less shooting nonsense

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
People doubted Bonaventura off the back of a bad season, even though he was arguably our best player for 2/3 seasons.

People underestimate how important getting a full pre season is for a player and before last pre season he had a major quad (or thigh) injury and he didn’t play after February (from memory). Imagine having the best part of 6 months off before pre season and then having to get up to the speed of things while the season has already started. On top of that, the club was going through a massive transitional period with all the new signings and Montella’s horrible tactics. Not only did he play bad but so did the whole team, even someone like Rodriguez id give a clean slate to this season now that the squad and coach has settled more.

As long as he stays injury free, he’s going to be an important player for Milan for a while.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
I always knew Bona will only get better when surrounded by quality players.

150 games at Milan...keep it up. congrats on the great start to the season!!

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I would ideally write a long paragraph about how much I like Giacomo.. but somehow it always feels like it's too soon.

He was our fantasista when we had no other.. he was our inspiration on more occasions than most.

He still misses so many easy finishes. But no one else will get into those positions as well as he can in the first place..

I'm just so happy that Bonaventura is a Milan man. Thank you for the loyalty, the tranquility, the professionalism. We need you, Giacomo.

The Best mezz'ala in Serie A. Auguri.. 150 giochi!

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
^ :thumbsup:

Bona post match interviews:

“Gattuso is the coach with whom I have scored the most,
”Bonaventura, who has been at the club since 2014, told MilanTV at the end of the match.“Since he arrived here he has helped me and the team so much. I am happy with my goal but it’s not a priority. The coach asks me to have a complete performance at all stages of the game and I’m also lucky that my teammates put me in a position to score. Let’s go forward, we are improving and have to keep up the good work.

“Scoring goals? I try to exploit every opportunity. I wasted a good chance in the first half because I saw the ball at the very last second, as it happened in Cagliari, but I can’t miss such an easy goal. But in general, for the opportunities I have, I can score a few more goals.

“If it’s the best Milan I’ve been a part of? We’ve signed quality players and we have raised the bar. The level of the squad has increased a lot and this means the performances of the individuals also rises. The team, in the last year and a half, is doing well but still has ample room for improvement.

“The derby in sight? Arriving there with a win is a positive for us, it gives us conviction that the work that we do is the right one. Let’s take the breather now, the international break can do us good and give enthusiasm. A clean sheet in the derby? We hope so… Aside from Pellisier’s goal we conceded almost nothing to Chievo. We’re working with the right concepts and we’ll also improve in this.”

Speaking in the mixed-zone, the 29-year-old Bonaventura added: “Today the goal coincided with my 150th Milan appearance. I’m happy for the win, today we had no other options but we’re happy because Chievo is a tough team. Now we focus on the national team, we focus on other games but the national teams give enthusiasm to the club. Those who go to the national team will return and those who remain at Milanello will work; we will all be fired-up for the derby.”

In a post-match interview with Sky, Jack said: “San Siro has a demanding audience and we have to make great performances to get the applauses. I’m happy with today’s game. We have to do like this, focus on the performance and on the team. It’s important to keep winning.”

Bonaventura was also caught by the microphones of SportMediaset:“The importance of Higuain? We are able to put the offensive players in a position to be fresh and having scoring opportunities. We don’t have a precise way to serving Higuain. He is humble, he makes himself available and he also creates alone. We have to put players in the area of the opponents to create more dangers.”

:proud:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Jack should retire here. He is not WC, but he is a good player and person with professional attitude.

He can be a starter this season and maybe even next and then he'll be an okay 30+ rotation player and senatore.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
good solid player. if we get a better replacement he can always be a solid backup option.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
AC Milan are preparing an offer to extend the contract of Giacomo Bonaventura and*Calciomercato.com has exclusively learned the details of negotiations between the player and the club.
Bonaventura and his agent Mino Raiola are willing to sign a new deal with the Serie A giants but want a new € 3.5 million-a-year contract, the same salary of the likes of Biglia and Bakayoko.
Leonardo and Maldini are ready to make a similar offer although the economic request of the player may not be fully matched. AC Milan, in fact, will soon offer Bonaventura a € 3 million-a-year deal plus add-ons easily reachable.

Bonaventura is one of the cornerstones of Rino Gattuso’s side. He is a regular starter of the Rossoneri who want to extend his stay at the San Siro beyond 2020 which is when his current deal expires.
Talks between the two parties will be resumed soon, Bonaventura and AC Milan are ready to continue their journey together.

Andrea Distaso

Demands seem reasonable I think. Doesn't feel like a Raiola negotiation at all.

Then again he came on a 1m/year salary and went to a 2m/year salary so he seems to have Raiola in check.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Love that I was one of the only posters to back him in pre season. Never going to be world class but you can’t deny he’s a really good player, who can cause havoc for the opposition.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Love that I was one of the only posters to back him in pre season. Never going to be world class but you can’t deny he’s a really good player, who can cause havoc for the opposition.

He has the skills to be a top level player, but lacks the consistency. That's why he's a good player to have, but not to be dependent upon.

nanook

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
ROH1LjI.gif

replay - https://i.imgur.com/uvDrjjE.gif

wxvrzD5.gif

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Surgery successful, recovery period 8-9 months.

Get well soon, Bona!

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Surgery successful, recovery period 8-9 months.

Get well soon, Bona!

Good news, but holy shit 8-9 months... feel bad him, he's a good lad. Wish him all the best!

Jawad

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
too bad he got injured twice around the same time of the year(last year) with lengthy absents, shit i love this guy, i hope he gets back well soon.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Do people realize now how much we miss him? This type of player in midfield is crucial for us. I hope Paquetta can fill in the gap.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We were so dependent on him..

agsgualdino

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
missing him is an understatement. him and paq will work great on the wing/lcm role. hakan for rotation for both of those roles too.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Its so easy to forget Bona... i'd play him over Hakan every day every week

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Ever since bona's injury we've been like this... no?

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
Lol. Bona was arguably the worst performing player in the starting XI prior to his injury. He will most probably be just as shit if not more when he returns from injury.

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9
Lol. Bona was arguably the worst performing player in the starting XI prior to his injury. He will most probably be just as shit if not more when he returns from injury.

People tend to forget rather quickly. Then again it’s because his replacement has been just as shit

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho

If I remember correctly he had an incredible start to the season before the injury

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
last season under montella he was shit. with gattuso, he has a specific role which is not playmaking. hakan's bad performance is kind of tied to bona's injury. its no surprise hakan started to somewhat pick up his form after paqueta joined in.

Hannibal

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Shevchenko
last season under montella he was shit. with gattuso, he has a specific role which is not playmaking. hakan's bad performance is kind of tied to bona's injury. its no surprise hakan started to somewhat pick up his form after paqueta joined in.

He started picking up his form after him and his wife got back together.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
If we are to make the step up to being competitive in Serie A and the Champions League Bonaventure should never be a starter for this club again.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If we are to make the step up to being competitive in Serie A and the Champions League Bonaventure should never be a starter for this club again.

Nobody denies that. He will be a perfect rotation/bench player. But, in today's Milan he is a starter... much better than Hakan.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Nobody denies that. He will be a perfect rotation/bench player. But, in today's Milan he is a starter... much better than Hakan.

Yes and No. Jack is much better of a goal threat than Hakan but Haksn is million times better than Jack passing wise plus Hakan does not think he is Messi and hogs the ball forever.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yes and No. Jack is much better of a goal threat than Hakan but Haksn is million times better than Jack passing wise plus Hakan does not think he is Messi and hogs the ball forever.

I don't know who he thinks he is, but I can tell who he remind me of - KPB10. Same useless shooting.