Official: Friendlies

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9
just got back from the game. we will struggle with creating chances if we keep doing this suso behind piatek and samu. suso is our best player by many miles but he disappears for most of the game, but again is dangerous when he reappears. hakan is useless. samu does the runs and all but isn’t the player we are looking for.

i think we are solid defensively (except for that gap between calabria and musacchio) but our issue will be creating chances and scoring.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
just got back from the game. we will struggle with creating chances if we keep doing this suso behind piatek and samu. suso is our best player by many miles but he disappears for most of the game, but again is dangerous when he reappears. hakan is useless. samu does the runs and all but isn’t the player we are looking for.

i think we are solid defensively (except for that gap between calabria and musacchio) but our issue will be creating chances and scoring.

Forza Y-Bildo!!

That field was awful as I have seen. If in TV did not look good I wonder how bad was live.

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
Send Suso to Roma, such an awful player. He doesn't give a shit about what any coach says, he wants to walk on his wing. Get this turd off the payroll, no one wants buy him except Roma. Just take 20m and run. With Suso in Roma they wont even get top 5. This is the only place in the world you'll find fools who rate piece of shit Suso.

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9
Forza Y-Bildo!!

That field was awful as I have seen. If in TV did not look good I wonder how bad was live.

it was awful, i think it’s half turf half grass? you could see that dust/pellets fly whenever there was a pass or a tackle. also not a single milan fan in my entire section, it was just an awful experience lol

makcoul

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Send Suso to Roma, such an awful player. He doesn't give a shit about what any coach says, he wants to walk on his wing. Get this turd off the payroll, no one wants buy him except Roma. Just take 20m and run. With Suso in Roma they wont even get top 5. This is the only place in the world you'll find fools who rate piece of shit Suso.

Stop the Suso Haters! This guy is the only top quality player, technically gifted. He is the only one who will shoot from 25-30 m and scores... remember guy!
And he is the only one who can cross the ball behind the opposition defense and the teamates just have to put the header and score (decent teammates)... Suso was not far from best player of Seria 2 seasons ago... best assister

It's true he has some bad days and in the game it happens he disappears but, the entire team lack consistency. Let's see this season with a decent coach and a better middlefield! Sell Hakan, but never sell Suso before he reaches 80million price tag!

ykou

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Suso deserve full respect. Without his goals and assists last season, Milan would be areal midtable team. Sure he could do better.

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
Calhanoglu showing his importance to the team this game. As he said this "will be his season"

We really really need to get 2 good strikers into our team asap.

Piatek is good but cant be relied on for the full season if his form is not good we'll be fucked

Excited to see a Bennacer Calhanoglu Paqueta Suso/Bona diamond with Theo and Calabria bombing up and down !

Calhanoglu needs to stop shooting outside the penalty box. He sucks at shooting. His shots always get blocked. He needs to pass. That's his job.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
I think it was a very promising performance to be honest, I saw some great combinations with our passing and we kept a nice shape. Considering it’s only the second pre season game, I’m happy with it.

On the individual performances,

Negatives:
- Biglia is absolutely horrendous now, so many misplaced passes and has zero composure. If he’s getting game time in Serie A than we’re in serious trouble.

- Suso did some nice things but once again showed his inconsistency all game. Didn’t see him for 50% of the game, we can’t have that this season. Time to go for me.

- Conti I think he’s got a long way to go, going to take time to regain confidence but right now he doesn’t look a shadow of his former self and Calabria is lies ahead.

- Strinic is as bad as we all believed when we signed him. Not good enough for Milan.

Positives:
- Hakan grew into the game well and when he came off the midfield was done

- Calabria was brilliant, probably one of our best in the first half

- Musacchio very good with the ball

- Romagnoli, class

- Borini surprised me, I thought he played very well. Grinta.

Neutral:
- Samu did well I thought just lacks a strikers instincts and finish
- Rodriguez wasn’t bad but not great
- Gabbia I thought was ok
- the rest didn’t get enough game time (Maldini ect)

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Calhanoglu needs to stop shooting outside the penalty box. He sucks at shooting. His shots always get blocked. He needs to pass. That's his job.

He hit the post today and his other shot was on target. What game were you watching?

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
He hit the post today and his other shot was on target. What game were you watching?

My general comments:
His shots are on target but the goalkeepers always block the shots because he shoots straight at the goalkeepers.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Borini was definitely a positive. It's not like he will be starting, in fact probably no one of the mid-3 will, maybe Hakan but with Paquetà and Kessie he could easily end up on the bench.

However Borini is able to fill in at mezz'ala which means that he can be BU for 6 positions in this system (including strikers and FBs) which keeps him his niche.

acmilano84

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Suso is positive as AM. Calhanoglu is positive as LCM. His second shot he should have made the decision to pass to right side to Castellijo though. Castellijo as usual seems to be a hard working man in front but always not sharp enough and not clicking in with the team. Piatek had a few shots can see he tried hard but today also missed a few good chances. I do believe he will be much better when season kicks off. Borini unlike what others think I think he did a good job in midfield. I used to describe him as Gattuso upfront but he acted like Gattuso in Midfield today. He could be very good backup. Biglia is just good and bad. Fluctuate a lot... Rodriguez was okay but his major weakness playing with only one side leg continue. Calabria is generally good. Romagnoli is stable as usual. Musacchio I found him also okay. But when Romagnoli and Musacchio is playing together is a problem. We need a CB who has ball movement capability and long pass range. Both our CB hide to deep in the formation and doesn't move up when needed

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
Major improvement from the first match but we need to score goals, which is why giampaolo brought here

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
giphy.gif

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Very good performance, you could say that the result is lying.

Anyway, worth remembering that results in preseason doesn’t count, as long as the performance is good and the team show improvement from the games last season.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
I'll add that it's clear that some of those players does not suit in the team. Get rid.

nekky

Big Muffin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic Kaká T.Silva Shevschenko Pato Nesta Maldini Theo
Borini was definitely a positive. It's not like he will be starting, in fact probably no one of the mid-3 will, maybe Hakan but with Paquetà and Kessie he could easily end up on the bench.

However Borini is able to fill in at mezz'ala which means that he can be BU for 6 positions in this system (including strikers and FBs) which keeps him his niche.

Hakan needs to be benched and I am all for it. The guy is just too selfish to play in the midfield, he shoots (and he is shit at shooting) pretty much every chance he gets rather than looking for that killer pass to the actual striker that has a better shot than he has.

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
Hakan needs to be benched and I am all for it. The guy is just too selfish to play in the midfield, he shoots (and he is shit at shooting) pretty much every chance he gets rather than looking for that killer pass to the actual striker that has a better shot than he has.

exactly... exactly.
Glad someone has the same thought.
He just shoots and shoots. He sucks at shooting. He needs to pass more often.

Same with Suso. He shoots and shoots. Yes, some of this shots do go in.

That's why our strikers are always starved. Higuain, Piatek, Cutrone.... if they play with these 2 players, they don't get service. so simple....
Suso needs to be sold...
Hakan needs to stop shooting.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
exactly... exactly.

That's why our strikers are always starved. Higuain, Piatek, Cutrone.... if they play with these 2 players, they don't get service. so simple....
Suso needs to be sold...

Suso is not that bad in this regard, he likes to cross and with playing more centrally his passing could become more in focus too. His mentality is much more the one of an assist-man than Hakan‘s. Suso shoots a lot but it‘s not a hopeless case.

Hakan might be a little desperate because he used to be a great shot but that really has to stop.

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
Suso is not that bad in this regard, he likes to cross and with playing more centrally his passing could become more in focus too. His mentality is much more the one of an assist-man than Hakan‘s. Suso shoots a lot but it‘s not a hopeless case.

Hakan might be a little desperate because he used to be a great shot but that really has to stop.

Suso's shots are far more dangerous than Hakan's. Suso needs to learn how to move to the left now, not just the right. He becomes predictable if he drifts to the right.

Anyway, we need a player like Rui Costa in TQ, someone who can pass. Hakan is no where near. Suso needs to learn to get there.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Suso's shots are far more dangerous than Hakan's. Suso needs to learn how to move to the left now, not just the right. He becomes predictable if he drifts to the right.

Anyway, we need a player like Rui Costa in TQ, someone who can pass. Hakan is no where near. Suso needs to learn to get there.

I don’t think there is a player in the world like rui costa with his vision and elegance, even if you compare modric, kroos & eriksen. They still lack something.

Lower your expectations.

jurinius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Cafu Boban Pirlo Inzaghi Shevchenko Leonardo Van Basten Ambrosini

I ll summarize it easily. The diff between Suso and Hakan is that, the first as assists because
he failed to score himself (or... suddenly become altruist after his own goal). The second has assist because he want to give that ball to build a game.
H > S anytime.

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score
exactly... exactly.

Both Suso and Hakan should continue shooting. I rather have players who take a shot at goal if the strikers are tightly marked than just pass the ball aimlessly. Didn't Hakan hit the post yesterday and on another occasion forced the goalie into a good save? He wasn't bad at all yesterday.

With that said, I'm pretty sure Giampaolo will ask them to adapt to his playing style. You never know, Hakan might have been asked to shoot more at goal under Rino.

Suso and Hakan (and Borini :lol:) were our most dangerous players yesterday. I know we like to hate on them but until and unless we get better players, they will continue to be the best offensive tools in our squad. Perhaps Giampaolo can get the best out of them and do what Rino couldn't.

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Both Suso and Hakan should continue shooting. I rather have players who take a shot at goal if the strikers are tightly marked than just pass the ball aimlessly. Didn't Hakan hit the post yesterday and on another occasion forced the goalie into a good save? He wasn't bad at all yesterday.

With that said, I'm pretty sure Giampaolo will ask them to adapt to his playing style. You never know, Hakan might have been asked to shoot more at goal under Rino.

Suso and Hakan (and Borini :lol:) were our most dangerous players yesterday. I know we like to hate on them but until and unless we get better players, they will continue to be the best offensive tools in our squad. Perhaps Giampaolo can get the best out of them and do what Rino couldn't.

I agree that Suso should try to shoot if our strikers have no space to shoot but yesterday there were occasions that he should just pass to Piatek. Overall, Suso dan Hakan should play better in the next games. This is only our second game and it is still a friendly game.

Let see how both play vs MU. Hope MU field strong team.