The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

Old 08-06-2013, 08:45   #301
Corzioli
Banned

Fav. Players: Maldini, Pippo, Sheva, Ricky, Messi, Iniesta, Harry Redknapp, Sanosuke Sagara, Chris Redfield.

Sulley scored yesterday (vs Sudan, WCQ).

Corzioli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 15:59   #302
jammin
pour l'éternité

Another horrible act of racistism:

Nigerian clubs suspended after 'scandalous' scorelines

PS. Police Machine.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casualista View Post
Best.

World cup.

Ever.
jammin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:53   #303
Jivara
Forza Milan

Abu Treika the best African player
Jivara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:37   #304
Jivara
Forza Milan

I'm guessing no one tuned into the 1st leg of the CAF champions league final between Orlando Pirates and Al Ahli. The game finished 1-1, Abu Treika the maestro scored a wonderful FK in the 1st half but Orlando equalled on the last kick of the match. The championship will be decided in Egypt.
Old 03-11-2013, 17:41   #305
Mion-Moura
Team Neymar

Fav. Players: Neymar Casemiro Oscar Danilo CGrenier ReneeWalker JRodriguez LMoura Matic LAdriano AWitsel Marquinhs

Orlando have surprised me.its very rare for teams from the south to do well in this competition.they beat mazembe,esperance which are very great and can well cause a massive shocker and win it all.

Last edited by Mion-Moura; 03-11-2013 at 19:19.
Mion-Moura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 17:50   #306
Jivara
Forza Milan

I think Al Ahli's experience will get them the title but they will not have the backing of their enormous fan base due to the situation in Egypt they will play in Hurghada. I thought Orlando were lucky in the first leg but their persistence paid off although Ahli could have easily made it 2 0
Old 09-11-2013, 05:11   #307
Corzioli
Banned

Fav. Players: Maldini, Pippo, Sheva, Ricky, Messi, Iniesta, Harry Redknapp, Sanosuke Sagara, Chris Redfield.

Everyone was too busy giving the same rehashed Shitilegri arguments for the umpteenth time when management clearly has no plans to uninstall the malware that's caused our dear team to ROT..

Everyone was too busy to notice that we (Nigeria) just won the FIFA U17 World Cup in the UAE...for the 4th time now. Plus we've been 2nd place three times. That makes us the most successful team in this youth event.

Hopefully the lads can make the transition to the U20, then the senior team, seamlessly. And with Keshi working wonders, removing the complacent senatores for those hungry for success, it's onwards and upwards for us.

Not to forget we also won AFCON this year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24874527

Old 12-11-2013, 19:05   #308
Jivara
Forza Milan

Congratulations for the Nigeria victory Corzioli , I just hope that the first team can also have the same sort of achievements.

Al Ahly won the CAF CL for the 8th time .. I am happy for their fans because the Egyptian people have been going through a difficult period and they need something to be happy about.
Old 13-11-2013, 19:20   #309
Corzioli
Banned

Thanks so much Jivara..I'm happy for every 'little' victory here in this great country..it hurts when all we are is a reference for every negative thing under the sun I'm not exactly a patriot, still I'm not giving up on this country.

One reason why the lower age cadres and the Women's Team do remarkably well in global competitions is because there's considerably less politics involved..the senators and reps and ministers and cabinet members aren't that interested in going to show off and waste taxpayers' money in the hotels in the venue(s), the annoying NFF aren't interested in politicizing every single decision, ethnocentricity doesn't play a role and it's a matter of how good a player is, skillfully and tactically, not how many geopolitical zones here in Nigeria should be represented in the team. Funds and bonuses made available to the players are given to them as soon as necessary, with no corrupt official pocketing a slice of those.

Unfortunately, as we go up the age group element, the publicity increases, and the hungry politican hyenas encircle and strike. So the lads are distracted and can't focus on the football, and the Super Eagles end up disappointing again and again. :'(

With Keshi's appointment as the Senior Team head coach, things have changed a lot though. We've had just two losses ALL YEAR, and those were at the Confederations Cup.

Nigeria..WE'RE GETTING BETTER!!

Al Ahly..yeah they deserved the win..would've dedicated it to Fifi but he's a Zamalek fan either way that's a national honour, all loyalties aside now.

Egypt have gone through so much, from Mubarak to Morsi and after. So yes, anything to make our brothers happier. I wonder, how far did Enyimba (Nigeria) or Mazembe (Congo) go in the competition?

Abdul Zaher was an utter disgrace though..fanning the flames of political discord in such a volatile environment? Maybe he was so excited at that point, yeah, but that four-finger salute was in poor taste. Too many deaths already..way too many. :'(

His punishment was a bit too harsh though. All that and he still gets transfer-listed in December/January...
Old 13-11-2013, 21:28   #310
Arsene
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corzioli View Post
Everyone was too busy giving the same rehashed Shitilegri arguments for the umpteenth time when management clearly has no plans to uninstall the malware that's caused our dear team to ROT..

Everyone was too busy to notice that we (Nigeria) just won the FIFA U17 World Cup in the UAE...for the 4th time now. Plus we've been 2nd place three times. That makes us the most successful team in this youth event.

Hopefully the lads can make the transition to the U20, then the senior team, seamlessly. And with Keshi working wonders, removing the complacent senatores for those hungry for success, it's onwards and upwards for us.

Not to forget we also won AFCON this year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24874527

Kelechi Iheanacho on his way to arsenal
Arsene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2013, 00:26   #311
Corzioli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsene View Post
Wow, reallllllllllllllllllllllly???

That was fast...don't worry, it won't be like Macauley Chrisantus to Hamburg in '07 Kelz is a LEGIT finisher.
Old 14-11-2013, 02:05   #312
Arsene
AC Milan Legend

Quote:

That was fast...don't worry, it won't be like Macauley Chrisantus to Hamburg in '07 Kelz is a LEGIT finisher.
Is he a striker or attacking midfielder? From the videos I seen he has a sweet left foot and I love that goal celebration
Old 14-11-2013, 02:27   #313
Corzioli
Banned

Let's just say he's a trequartista...a very adaptable one at that.
Old 14-11-2013, 07:56   #314
Arsene
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Let's just say he's a trequartista...a very adaptable one at that.
Some people think he's age chat. From what I seen he looks 17 and I personally dont think he is. What do you think.......are we dealing with uncle Kanu/Martin situation here?
Old 14-11-2013, 08:36   #315
kingWizard
Primavera Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jivara View Post
Abu Treika the best African player
Abou Treika is a class act. It's a shame he's never had a world cup or european club football to bring him to the mainstream football world's attention.

Of course, we iin Ghana are hoping he won't have the opportunity in Brazil either. .
kingWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2013, 08:43   #316
kingWizard
Primavera Player

Quote:

Haha I remember Chrisantus. The thing is that African players are so much more athletic (I hope that doesn't sound racist) than others so at the lower agge level where the mental, tactical and strategy part of the game is not so developed they easily run roughshod over their competition with strength, athleticism or pure natural talent.

So at the u-17 level I have personally come to attach little value to how well a Ghanaian or Nigerian player does. the u-20 is a better indicator I think.

That said I like quite a few of these Nigerians.

Which of Success, Awoniyi, or Kelechi would you say is the better attacking prospect?

Last edited by kingWizard; 14-11-2013 at 08:46.
Old 14-11-2013, 08:49   #317
kingWizard
Primavera Player

Quote:
Some people think he's age chat. From what I seen he looks 17 and I personally dont think he is. What do you think.......are we dealing with uncle Kanu/Martin situation here?
They've immplemented the MRI scanning now, and I know many questions have been raised about its accuracy, but hopefully these boys are legit u-17 boys.
Old 14-11-2013, 11:47   #318
Jivara
Forza Milan

Quote:
Thanks so much Jivara..I'm happy for every 'little' victory here in this great country..it hurts when all we are is a reference for every negative thing under the sun I'm not exactly a patriot, still I'm not giving up on this country.

One reason why the lower age cadres and the Women's Team do remarkably well in global competitions is because there's considerably less politics involved..the senators and reps and ministers and cabinet members aren't that interested in going to show off and waste taxpayers' money in the hotels in the venue(s), the annoying NFF aren't interested in politicizing every single decision, ethnocentricity doesn't play a role and it's a matter of how good a player is, skillfully and tactically, not how many geopolitical zones here in Nigeria should be represented in the team. Funds and bonuses made available to the players are given to them as soon as necessary, with no corrupt official pocketing a slice of those.

Unfortunately, as we go up the age group element, the publicity increases, and the hungry politican hyenas encircle and strike. So the lads are distracted and can't focus on the football, and the Super Eagles end up disappointing again and again. :'(

With Keshi's appointment as the Senior Team head coach, things have changed a lot though. We've had just two losses ALL YEAR, and those were at the Confederations Cup.

Nigeria..WE'RE GETTING BETTER!!

Al Ahly..yeah they deserved the win..would've dedicated it to Fifi but he's a Zamalek fan either way that's a national honour, all loyalties aside now.

Egypt have gone through so much, from Mubarak to Morsi and after. So yes, anything to make our brothers happier. I wonder, how far did Enyimba (Nigeria) or Mazembe (Congo) go in the competition?

Abdul Zaher was an utter disgrace though..fanning the flames of political discord in such a volatile environment? Maybe he was so excited at that point, yeah, but that four-finger salute was in poor taste. Too many deaths already..way too many. :'(

His punishment was a bit too harsh though. All that and he still gets transfer-listed in December/January...
I think this is a reflection of many national teams around the world especially in many developing countries.

I've seen Nigeria's match vs Ethiopia I think you guys are lucky to have such an easy draw but the team needs to improve significantly if they are to leave a good impression at the World Cup.
Old 14-11-2013, 15:47   #319
Corzioli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingWizard View Post
Haha I remember Chrisantus. The thing is that African players are so much more athletic (I hope that doesn't sound racist) than others so at the lower agge level where the mental, tactical and strategy part of the game is not so developed they easily run roughshod over their competition with strength, athleticism or pure natural talent.

So at the u-17 level I have personally come to attach little value to how well a Ghanaian or Nigerian player does. the u-20 is a better indicator I think.

That said I like quite a few of these Nigerians.

Which of Success, Awoniyi, or Kelechi would you say is the better attacking prospect?
Woooah, what a handful waiting for me in this thread..ok ok ok.

Ummm..are you like REALLY Ghanian? Like Charlie Ghanian? (that's the easiest test, better not fail it ) If you are, that's real interesting ..over the last 3 years since I joined I've seen just a handful of Africans active here..me, Fifi, Great Kalu, neutral, SBW..there are a number of them who bailed out to the other continents and I refuse to call them Africans you better be domiciled in Accra or I kick yo ass off this sacred thread.

Your argument is invalid and I'm sure it would've had a different tone had Ghana won. Y'all Nigeria haters: Cameroon, Ghana and South Africa. Esp. South Africa y'all always get mad when we win and give them excuses. I was going to cite Pippo's Alleivi Nazionale side. Those boys are so young, all u17. Yet, we and every Calcio team represented in the groups of that youth league play with so much TACTICAL AWARENESS. Just watch one of the games to be sure. It's not a Sunday League thing or a five-aside meet. These lads (from the U17 World Cup) are well-paid professionals playing in the reserve teams of their respective clubs. Some of the local-based players feature already for the first team clubs (in the Nigerian premier league and other first tier leagues elsewhere). If you did see any of the games you'll see some of the strategies on display. It's not simply a case of "meh. Please ref drop the goddamn ball so me and my mates can bully the other team to submission with our physical and aerobic attributes."

And you shouldn't even be propagating the racist trope that African players are more physically advantaged than others. It sounds normal superficially but on later consideration, you know it really is racist. It goes way back to the pseudoscientific anthropologic descriptions of Negroes in the 18th uptil the mid-20th century. You know, microcephalic with strong appendages. You get the drift. NVM though. You pick any caucasian and black at random now and there's a 80-20 chance that caucasian would beat up and overcome the black in a mock fight to test raw strength. And possibly in a 10-kilometre run to test raw aerobic build. It's true. We don't have any advantages whatsoever. It's the mental thing that the prejudiced anthropologists of then placed at the back of our minds. There's no evolutionary advantage to back up that racist theory, if I even believe in macroevolution to start with. Micro-, yes. Macro-, uh uh.

I'd say Taiwo Awoniyi has the best potential.
Old 14-11-2013, 16:07   #320
crazyant60
Rookie

Quote:
crazyant60 is offline   Reply With Quote