Ronaldinho World Player of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rivaldo-11

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta
Im a bit confused here because this was done on a peoples vote so therefore cant be the real 'World Footballer of the Year'.

LONDON, Dec 9 (Reuters) - Brazilian Ronaldinho was named World Soccer magazine's Player of the Year on Thursday with Jose Mourinho winning Manager of 2004 and Greece taking the Team award.

Barcelona's Ronaldinho came top with 28.6 per cent of the readers' poll, beating Thierry Henry of Arsenal (22.2 per cent) and Andriy Shevchenko of AC Milan.

Mourinho, who won the Champions League with Porto before moving to Chelsea, was the overwhelming winner in the coach's section with 35.5 per cent of the vote.

Otto Rehhagel, who took Greece to an unexpected victory at Euro 2004, was runner-up and Arsenal's Arsene Wenger third.

Greece narrowly won the Team award following their shock European Championship victory in Portugal. They polled 25.1 per cent, just ahead of Arsenal, who won the Premier League title without losing a match and went on to establish an English League record of 49 games unbeaten

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
There is:

-- Player of the Year by World Soccer Magazine (not so prestigious IMO)
-- FIFA World Player Of the Year (by FIFA via national team coaches + always a bit controversial + often declared 'meaningless' here when Milan players have been bypassed yet again ;) )
-- Ballon D'Or by France Football magazine (by journalists + IMO the most prestigious)

I don't give a shit about an award handed out by a mag that's called 'soccer' mag. This is FOOTBALL, ladies + gentlemen :o

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Ronaldinho can suck my....

Sheva for the ball

Reaction score
In the world soccer magazine competition, anyone can vote on the website. And many people who vote don't even enough about soccer. The most important award is the Golden Ball given by France Football and voted by soccer journalists and experts.

The Golden Ball is also the oldest player award. It is been given since the last 50 or 60 years. The FiFa award started about 10-15 yrs ago. And the World Soccer award is more recent. The World Soccer award is just an internet poll, no different from other internet polls you see on Eurosport.com, Goal.com, ......etc.

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Passion for *9* said:
There is:

-- Player of the Year by World Soccer Magazine (not so prestigious IMO)
-- FIFA World Player Of the Year (by FIFA via national team coaches + always a bit controversial + often declared 'meaningless' here when Milan players have been bypassed yet again ;) )
-- Ballon D'Or by France Football magazine (by journalists + IMO the most prestigious)

I don't give a shit about an award handed out by a mag that's called 'soccer' mag. This is FOOTBALL, ladies + gentlemen :o
I agree with this post 100%.

Ronaldinho is a now a symbol of this tabloid magazine. I leave symbols for the symbol-minded.

milan03

Banned
Reaction score
this is crap he didn't even deserve it

i wont a re-count....sheva has my vote

fuk all the other conteders :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

not happy at all

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
milan03 said:
this is crap he didn't even deserve it

i wont a re-count....sheva has my vote

fuk all the other conteders :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

not happy at all

Its fucken full of shit some tosers wouldnt even know who Sheva is

Without a doubt Sheva should of won it like last yr Zidane i mean get fucked

ics_rk

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, van der Vaart, Torres, Reyes, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato
Certainly Ronaldinho won't win any trophy for this award and surely in the official award Sheva will win it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule