Savicevic, Boban, Maldini, Donadoni, Costacurta and Roberto Baggio
Van Basten wasn't fit

Reaction score
In CL 93 Final...Milan is not lucky....Van Basten - Papin are strickers

I dont understand :D what is question?

MookyRookie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Marseille had in the past a great team but it was a boring 1-0 win for Marseille, the next season Milan won the CL title with a 4:0 victory over Barcelona...
i dont know what wasnt the reason for Milan loss, maybe they played better as a team together than Milan, Van Basten had bad day....

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
the goal scored by marseille came off a corner. now what's remarkable with that, and what capello has complained about since that, is that the corner itself was misjudged. the corner shouldn't have been.

abubasky

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Marseille played better that day, and Milan had a bad day . .period!
Abedi Pele was also on fire, he played so.. well for Marseille.

MookyRookie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
the goal scored by marseille came off a corner. now what's remarkable with that, and what capello has complained about since that, is that the corner itself was misjudged. the corner shouldn't have been.
the refs suxxx, thats maybe a stolen win for Milan, if this Corner was misjudged and ref didnt gave it to Marseille, the game maybe goes an other way and Milan would have 1 CL title more...

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
The Marseille side that we lost to featured an excellent Desailly, and a good field general in Deschamps. I guarentee you, Milan would have won this match 4 out 5 times, but for this particular match, it was simply not to be. We were beaten by a good side, but certainly not one superior to us. Plus.....Marseille has had this title stripped from their possession. Marseille fixed a match vs. Valenciennes. So there champions league cup was stripped, Milan got to play in the World Club cup (Toyota Cup), Monaco was promoted to play in the Champions league the following year, and finally.....Marseille was demoted to Division 2 for the 1994-1995 season.

The moral? Don't do stupid things...... :tongue:

mikez sheva7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
RivippoRuiNestaShevdini said:
The Marseille side that we lost to featured an excellent Desailly, and a good field general in Deschamps. I guarentee you, Milan would have won this match 4 out 5 times, but for this particular match, it was simply not to be. We were beaten by a good side, but certainly not one superior to us. Plus.....Marseille has had this title stripped from their possession. Marseille fixed a match vs. Valenciennes. So there champions league cup was stripped, Milan got to play in the World Club cup (Toyota Cup), Monaco was promoted to play in the Champions league the following year, and finally.....Marseille was demoted to Division 2 for the 1994-1995 season.

The moral? Don't do stupid things...... :tongue:

Oh, that's what I was wondering about. So they fixed a match prior to the game. Thanks.

*rossonera*

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
some factors contributing to the defeat were:

- gullit missing [injury? on bad terms with capello as usual? i can't remember]
- van basten loaded with pain meds after just coming back from his xth ankle surgery [ironically a foul during this match turned out to be the final coffin nail to his career :cry:]
- papin benched for 3/4th of the match [don't ask me why]

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Marco Van Basten
In my opinion it has been a simple fucked-up night.
Milan came to that match with 10 victories in 10 matches, 20 gols scored, just 1 got. We were the most incredible team ever seen, but we got a bad night against a team who, opposite, got its best match of ever.

It's sad, but nobody and nothing can cancel 92/93 season, nobody never played like us.

A little example, 11 years ago, 25th November 1992, Milan-Goteborg 4-0, Marco scored 4 gols.

In that match there's the whole value of that team.

r4gs

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Hmm..if Marseille had it's Champion's League trophy confiscated due to match-fixing..doesn't the runner's up Milan get it?

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
If you look in the annals of the Champions League......there is no winner for the 92/93 edition of this trophy......

Your idea is logical, just not realistic ;)

unrossonero

vüsa minga!
Reaction score
The SWAN of Utrecht said:
A little example, 11 years ago, 25th November 1992, Milan-Goteborg 4-0, Marco scored 4 gols.

:cry: ... i was there ... i don't seem able to overcome it, sorry

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
The SWAN of Utrecht said:
25th November 1992, Milan-Goteborg 4-0, Marco scored 4 gols.

Remember that bicycle kick of Marco's in that match? wonderful.

But, just a few seasons later Göteborg beat us. Really awful for a Rossonero who actually lives in Göteborg (me in other words). Unbelieveble.
One thing I remember about that game is tha Ambrosini, Coco and Locatelli all made thier debuts for Milan.
The MOM's though were Göteborg's Blomqvist and Andersso; who both later became (less successful) Milan-players
And in the same season we also lost to Rosenborg.

In ten years I'll probably be contemplating this embarassing loss: Club Brugge at home. :D

rae

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
[Rui Costa] [Alessandro Costacurta] [Ryan Giggs]
ech......... that was the first match of football I watched ......
AC Milan did me a great impression an dsice that time I support 'em
Forza Rossoneri!

Schedule