Sack Trap!!!

Red&BlackDevils

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
i think trap has to go. draw at home to yugoslavia. lose away to wales. lost to crotia, south korea. Viali or Zoff should be coach of italy. why contra didnt played good for milan? he scored hat rick this wed.

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
I haven't a bad thing to say about Giovanni Trappatoni. This man has been associated with our game for more than half a century. Perhaps his time has passed, and his tactics have passed their expiration date, but this man deserves no criticism what so ever. LIKE I SAID ELSEWHERE IN THIS FORUM PREVIOUSLY, I AM 100% SURE VIERI WILL PLAY FOR INTER VS JUVE, and I AM SURE TOTTI WILL FEATURE AS WELL. I am sick of Cristian Vieri......he always does this to La Nazionale. Complains about the minorest of cramps, then features in the Nerazzurri's next fixture and usually scores twice. I guess my point is, Trap does have the luxury of saying many of his top guns were not involved, but excuses just do not seem to hold much water in the Italian press. Trap has nothing to be ashamed of though, as his coaching career is one of the most sustained pieces of performance in the annals of FIFA. Hehehehe.......I remember when he led Bayern Munich to the Bundesliga title, and I recall watching him struggle speaking German, and although I hadn't a clue what this man said, you could tell he was trying hard, yet at the same time, totally giving this tongue a makeover, but everyone was too jovial too actually care. Giovanni ze german :D
Unfortunately for us Milanese, Trap has enjoyed success with Juve on all fronts. He has won everything with them, CL, UEFA cup, coppa Italia, many scudetti, Italian supercup, and euro supercup. So, as distinguished as he might be, I look to his past to validate his selection today. As far as I am concerned, if he leaves, it should be his own decision.

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
He may be tactfuly sound, but from everything I can see from him he doesn't inspire the players. And that is a major part of coaching, not to mention coaching an internation team.

Here is something from channel4:

FA cast Trap doubts Thursday 17 October, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Italian FA have released a statement which suggests that they are seriously considering a change in national Coach.

Boss Giovanni Trapattoni's position is in doubt after the 2-1 defeat to Wales left the Azzurri with just four points from three games, leaving Euro 2004 qualification in serious doubt.

"The Italian Football Federation has the utmost respect for Giovanni Trapattoni on a human and professional scale," said President Franco Carraro.

"Italy's position in the European Championship qualifiers has now become delicate, so much so that we have now compromised our passage to the Finals.

"Reaching Portugal is an important objective for the whole of the Italian game and we must now look to collect maximum points in our five remaining matches."

He continued: "Therefore the Federation will tranquilly examine all aspects of the national side in order for the team to start their next qualifier against Finland in March, 2003, in the best possible condition."

Trapattoni confirmed today that he would not quit the position but it now seems likely that the former Juventus maestro is seriously risking his place on the hot seat.

Favourite to take over the job is former boss Dino Zoff. Even if other candidates include Marco Tardelli, Claudio Gentile, Gianluca Vialli and even current England tactician Sven Goran Eriksson.

A decision on Trap's future is expected within the next seven days.

Schedule