Week 5: Milan - Roma 26/10/2020 20:45 CET

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We have several ManU/Milan fans here, which makes no sense as ManU was one of Milan’s bitches for the entire Carlo era.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Only during the match when things look bleak. The Qaas special.

giphy.gif

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
We?ve been suspect on corners and set pieces. Can?t make the same mistakes against Roma and Dzeko.
It?s also our first game being clear on top of the table, I hope Zlatan can help maintain that same intensity.
Honestly this is our toughest match yet considering the absences of Rebic and Hakan.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Roma without 2 starting defenders...

3-1
Ibra, Diaz, Hauge

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Fuuuuuuuck I thought this was tomorrow night.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Yup. We play beautiful. Not the same intensity as post corona break but still beautiful.

Remember, we only had to play 9 games post corona lockdown, that's why we were able to keep that high as fuck intensity every single game. Now we have an entire season, competing in three different competitions. It's only logical that we play calmer in order to maintain fatigue on a normal level.

We finally play modern and beautiful football.

We played 12 games in 6 weeks?

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Exactly. We were almost playing a match every 3 days.

A_Wild_Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
We need you to kindly fuck off
The fuck General ?
Quass is our secret weapon that only is asked to fuck off when we are failing to win in a conditional way.
Just leave him be , for OUR sake.

Only during the match when things look bleak. The Qaas special.
This guy gets it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
How much are we gonna win by tomorrow?

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
No points allowed to be lost till napoli if we are serious enough for 4th place finish or even higher.

i wish Hauge starts, for me he is more suited than both krunich or leao, especially that rebic is about to get back soon , so it is now or never.

boss85

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Boban, Weah, Nesta, Shevchenko, Kaka, Inzaghi
wow, if we win we'll go 4 points clear.

I know it's early days, but can't help getting excited

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
wow, if we win we'll go 4 points clear.

I know it's early days, but can't help getting excited

Yes, and we'll go 5 clear of Inter, 6 clear of Atalanta and 8 clear of Roma and Lazio. Plus at least 4 clear of Juve and Napoli depending on their results today.

Such an important 3 points tomorrow.

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What is the highest sombrero done in Serie A?

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So now that Mancini negative they're for sure playing 343, right?

We already defend pretty narrow so i'm not too worried about Mkhi and Pedro hovering around Dzeko, and Kjaer can handle the big guy I think. Leao would be very promising here as their RWB isn't nowhere near as good as their left side with Spinazzola. We'll probably take the same risk we did against Inter with Leao staying pretty high up all the time and pull defenders away from Ibra.

I think the big question now is who's the AM? If we play Leao then it should definitely be Krunic. Saelemaekers will have his hands full with Spinazzola, so we need someone to drop back and help out Bennacer and Kessie. Mkhitarian and Pedro, and even Dzeko drop way back all the time to overload the midfield, so we need someone to help out and Brahim can't do this well. So my guess is it's going to be Krunic again.

-edit wrote this initially in the wrong thread

Last edited:

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
problem with krunic is he doesnt deliver ball to ibra so ibra needs to go back/wide and do playmaker role more often
ibra looked really tired against celtic after 60 minutes of covering more pitch than usually he does.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
problem with krunic is he doesnt deliver ball to ibra so ibra needs to go back/wide and do playmaker role more often
ibra looked really tired against celtic after 60 minutes of covering more pitch than usually he does.

Ibra looked really frustrated at Brahim also who played a couple of bad passes to him.

I think we will need Krunic if we play with Leao. I don't know I can't imagine Brahim will be able to consistently block passes to Pellegrini/Veretout. Krunic seems more of a disciplined player when it comes to positional instructions. Might be wrong.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibra looked really frustrated at Brahim also who played a couple of bad passes to him.

I think we will need Krunic if we play with Leao. I don't know I can't imagine Brahim will be able to consistently block passes to Pellegrini/Veretout. Krunic seems more of a disciplined player when it comes to positional instructions. Might be wrong.

The diaz ibra miscommunication was bound to happen since it was Diaz first time playing with ibra on the field. Am sure it will improve next time they play together

Krunic doesnt offer anything in the final third. Hope he doesnt start

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The diaz ibra miscommunication was bound to happen since it was Diaz first time playing with ibra on the field. Am sure it will improve next time they play together

Why not have the same faith that Krunic will improve?

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Krunic is hands down the best header in the squad.

Diaz has a potentially higher upside but he also gives the feel that he could loose you the match, because he is so on and off and physically weak. Imo there is a reason for why there has been limited trust in him and even Pioli puts him in safer positions like LW.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

Can we not talk about problems for one god damned day

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Interesting fact: Ibra and Džeko first time facing each other. Ibra have bosnian roots, and apparently his father offered Zlatan to play for Bosnia.They rejected him.So he chose Sweden.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Hakan is available for this game it seems. Not sure if he's starting though.

We'll need him for at least 30 minutes. He's the glue between the midfield and attack.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Interesting fact: Ibra and D?eko first time facing each other. Ibra have bosnian roots, and apparently his father offered Zlatan to play for Bosnia.They rejected him.So he chose Sweden.

Should have played for Croatia. Atleast in 2018... :love:

Schedule