Marco Ezio Fossati Thread

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Fossati had a chance to already play in serie A but it seems that he did not believe he had a chance to get any playing time at all. Like I said before, the wiser move would have been to play our youngsters however it is not only management but fans too that want champions however if Mian cannot afford it then Galliani would buy over the hill-esque champions.

:thumbsup:

Yeah I believe that's why he's still playing in Serie B. I've read about plenty of interest from Serie A teams over the years but he probably figured he wouldn't get regular playing time. Just like his U21 teammates Crisetig/Cataldi who are often benched or even the Cristante/Ely situations. He realized playing regularly in Serie B was better for his career. Anyway, Cagliari are top of the league so guess we'll finally see him step up next year.

The fact he was signed by an ex-Serie A team immediately after relegation is a good sign.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Omg clueless management. Probably too busy with the free transfers at that time

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No...his contract expired so Cagliari signed him for free. After we spent 5m on him as a teenager :)

Still can't believe we just let him walk.

I hope he lives up to his potential one day and plays for us.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Seriously, I do not get this dud. He had some offers last season in serie A but he choose a serie B team. He gained the promotion with Cagliari to serie A but he chooses to go back to a serie B team.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Seriously, I do not get this dud. He had some offers last season in serie A but he choose a serie B team. He gained the promotion with Cagliari to serie A but he chooses to go back to a serie B team.

Wow. I figured he would stick with Cagliari.

Edit: Maybe Cagliari doesn't think he's ready and think he can benefit from another loan spell in Serie B.

Man, we paid 6m for this guy :fp:

Last edited:

LemonCookies

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hellas will go right back up to Serie A, though. If he gets sent down to B after this season, then obviously nobody wants him.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hellas will go right back up to Serie A, though. If he gets sent down to B after this season, then obviously nobody wants him.

nobody had faith in a promising Italian football player and this surprises you guys?

LemonCookies

Milan Legend
Reaction score
nobody had faith in a promising Italian football player and this surprises you guys?

There are lots of promising players that don't get picked up by bigger clubs. Serie B is filled to the brim with great players that teams just aren't willing to spend money on for whatever reason. If Cagliari wanted to sell him, he'll get sold. It's that simple.

I mean, Thiago Cionek was still in Serie B until Palermo picked him up this January. Madness.