The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Off Topic

Off Topic You can talk here about everything that doesn't fit in the rest of the forums (movies, music, games etc.)

Old 11-10-2018, 11:36   #3881
Sage
Phase 2

Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson 2 for the LHW championship.

December 29, UFC 232

never been more swedish in my life
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 12:35   #3882
MilanMB
Serendipity

Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso

MMA math is the best.

Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 13:41   #3883
Soldier_of_god
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curupira View Post

You conveniently add a timeline of fighter being in their prime and only want to examine a certain time period.

So prime Lawler would have to beat prime Matt Hughes too right? You ever hear the stories out of the Militich camps what Hughes used to do to Lawler right?

GSP fought LEGENDS of his time. Before GSP, Matt Hughes was unbeatable, only BJ have beaten Matt Hughes in his PRIME. So no, Condit is not GSP's "best fight", that is ridiculous, according to your OWN argument

You also did not add anything concrete to counter my arguments, just more conjecture. Maia choked out Condit but Maia IN HIS PRIME also have no answer against wrestlers or ANYONE good enough at grappling to not engage him (Anderson). Are you going to ignore that? Hughes and Penn were both more well rounded fighters IN THEIR PRIME, and I would argue BJ is at least on par in terms of grappling.

Lawler, at his ABSOLUTE best, is a period when all of GSP's best wins are out of their prime, so what's the point of comparing? But even if we do, there is nobody on Lawler's win list during his ABSOLUTE BEST times that GSP cannot beat, barring a roided out Hendricks which I thought GSP lost to (still won a decision), but even Lawler's 2 fights with Hendricks were close. Also, GSP beat Condit DECISIVELY. If you are going to point out Hendricks as a point that Lawler can beat someone that GSP can't in your mind, then GSP beat someone decisively that Lawler had a close fight with. Nobody has to discuss volume vs. damage done when judging GSP vs. Condit...
how old was Lawler when Hughes did whatever he did to him. Hughes is so one dimensional. Lawler at his best beats him comfortably by vicious ko. Gsp is GOAT. In saying that Lawler poses serious issues for even a prime gsp at his WW peak level. Gsp probably wins. That's not my point. I just feel that Lawler at his best beats all of Gsp's opponents. Shields beat a pre prime pre peak fodder version that does not count and it was at MW. Shields lost to ellenvergrr by ko. Lawler butchered Jake's face. Gsp beat far too many undersized guys.

Last edited by Soldier_of_god; 11-10-2018 at 13:50.
Soldier_of_god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 14:53   #3884
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier_of_god View Post
how old was Lawler when Hughes did whatever he did to him. Hughes is so one dimensional.
Yea, if you look at it from today's angles. But at his time he was the best. Not only did they bring best of fighters of UFC, they even brought in Sakurai from Japan.

Quote:
Lawler at his best beats him comfortably by vicious ko.
First of all, that is just conjecture, there is no evidence to back up your claim that Lawler can "beat Hughes comfortably by vicious KO". Lawler always struggled against wrestlers, against Hendricks they kept it on the feet. Otherwise, only Ellenberger if you want to count him from when he returned is a wrestler, and most of Ellenberger's fights he win by KO/TKO.

This isn't MMA math. I am pointing out a specific set of skill set that I don't think Lawler is equipped to deal with. And even at his prime, I think Hughes can take Lawler down, he was way ahead of his time in terms of how good his wrestling is.

Any one can beat anyone by vicious KO if they catch them clean, saying that means absolutely nothing. Who has Robbie "viciously KOed" btw? Rory, he broke his nose, Ellenberger was knee and punches. No other KO/TKO. Unless you now want to count his "pre prime pre peak fodder version".

Edit: I forgot Bobbie Voelker, 0-4 in UFC, fighting in Shamrock FC now...definition of a can.

Quote:
Gsp is GOAT. In saying that Lawler poses serious issues for even a prime gsp at his WW peak level. Gsp probably wins. That's not my point. I just feel that Lawler at his best beats all of Gsp's opponents. Shields beat a pre prime pre peak fodder version that does not count and it was at MW. Shields lost to ellenvergrr by ko. Lawler butchered Jake's face. Gsp beat far too many undersized guys.
No, your original point is:

Quote:
doesn't matter if he doesn't have his resume. All I know is that Woodley would clean gsp's chin out if they ever fight.
You just chose to use Lawler as an example to discredit all of GSP's wins and add weight to your argument that Woodley easily beats GSP. I am going to agree to disagree on BOTH accounts here.

Quote:
Shields beat a pre prime pre peak fodder version that does not count and it was at MW. Shields lost to ellenvergrr by ko. Lawler butchered Jake's face. Gsp beat far too many undersized guys.
I was hoping using MMA math would show you how ridiculous your own argument is, but then i read the bolded part.

We are just going to have to agree to disagree.

Signature

Last edited by Curupira; 11-10-2018 at 15:03.
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 15:03   #3885
Soldier_of_god
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

Maybe. I am not sure. I agree though. GSP is GOAT for sure. There is no doubt about it but tyron is coming for him. For me I feel that Woodley at his best beats GSP cause he is just that good now. It's a shame we will never know though. Woodley reckons he wants to fight the winner of Whittaker vs gastulem btw. Should be interesting.
I actually really believe gastulem is the guy to dethrone Woodley.

What do you think about Douglas lima curu?
He is a tremendous fighter and would comfortably be top 3/4 in ufc imo.

Last edited by Soldier_of_god; 11-10-2018 at 16:22.
Old 11-10-2018, 15:09   #3886
MilanMB
Serendipity

His name is fucking Gastelum, GASTELUM.

Also, Conor, not Connor.

Signature
GOAT
Old 11-10-2018, 15:10   #3887
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Maybe. I am not sure. I agree though. GSP is GOAT for sure. There is no doubt about it but tyron is coming for him. For me I feel that Woodley at his best beats GSP cause he is just that good now. It's a shame we will never know though. Woodley reckons he wants to fight the winner of Whittaker vs gastulem btw. Should be interesting.
I actually really believe gastulem is the guy to dethrone Woodley.

What do you think about Douglas lima curu?
He is tremendous fighter and would comfortably be top 3/4 in ufc imo.
WW division is really weak right now, I think he'd be toss up against guys like Lawler, RDA, Till. I think he'd give Covington a good fight.

None of these guys will dethrone Woodley, Gastelum maybe has the skill set but I don't think he can do it. Dude can hardly make the WW.

Woodley is good, he may be as good as GSP level, I would actually like to see him fight Ben Askren. Our of any skill sets that can challenge Woodley's out there, I think Ben Askren's wrestling ranks top. Now Woodley can also knock out Askren, but it's at least a fight worthy of seeing. Time to prove he can overcome the wrestle-fuck

Signature
Old 11-10-2018, 16:22   #3888
Soldier_of_god
AC Milan Icon

I like askren. Aren't they friends though? askren and Woodley
Pretty sure they train together and are very close. Woodley would be the favourite but it's a close fight.
Old 11-10-2018, 16:39   #3889
Alec
Football Idiot Savant

Fav. Players: Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Ghengis Khan

Yes, Askren and Woodley train or at least trained together.

Signature
100% muscle - 0% intelligence
Alec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 17:36   #3890
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Khabib says he will leave UFC if they fire Zubaira

Have to say that’s a g move

Signature
Old 11-10-2018, 19:15   #3891
MilanMB
Serendipity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curupira View Post
Khabib says he will leave UFC if they fire Zubaira

Have to say that’s a g move
Agreed. Gonna be interesting to see how this plays out.

Signature
GOAT
Old 11-10-2018, 20:40   #3892
Alec
Football Idiot Savant

Fav. Players: Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Ghengis Khan

Khabib is as real as it gets, actual ride or die type of person and I love it.

Signature
Old 11-10-2018, 20:51   #3893
Tantalis
Heyoka

bye khabib. was fun watching you fight.

Signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungfreddy View Post
ur my first so congratz
Tantalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 22:49   #3894
MilanMB
Serendipity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalis View Post
bye khabib. was fun watching you fight.
U sure about that?

Signature
GOAT
Old 12-10-2018, 02:12   #3895
Soldier_of_god
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec View Post
Khabib is as real as it gets, actual ride or die type of person and I love it.
khabib vs iaquinta 2 would be nice. real gangster fight provided al gets through lee.
lee vs khabib must happen. lee talked so much crap. he deserves an aaa whooping.
Tony vs khabib is the real championship fight.

Last edited by Soldier_of_god; 12-10-2018 at 05:46.
Old 12-10-2018, 03:54   #3896
Alec
Football Idiot Savant

I don't really need Khabib vs Al 2. I respect all and what he did in stepping up but there's a big gap between these two.

Khabib vs Tony, I need this in my life more than anything else MMA related. I am not super hyped on a Lee vs Khabib fight. I expect a lot of grappling exchanges and fighting for position until Lee shows his lack of heart again and Khabib gains the upper hand for good.

Signature
Old 12-10-2018, 07:52   #3897
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses...55748410478593

'Let's Talk Now'

Made a complete bitch out of him.

Signature
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 10:29   #3898
Raz
AC Milan Icon

Conor talking all big about that gangster life...
But then a real motherfucker comes in and shuts him right the fuck up

Signature
Raz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 11:19   #3899
Alec
Football Idiot Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz View Post
Conor talking all big about that gangster life...
But then a real motherfucker comes in and shuts him right the fuck up
Talking mad shit about how Khabib would be dead if he confronted Conor in April and that Khabib was hiding on the bus

Well, so much for that.

Avars and Chechens ain't nothing to fuck with.

Signature
Old 12-10-2018, 14:25   #3900
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
khabib vs iaquinta 2 would be nice. real gangster fight provided al gets through lee.
lee vs khabib must happen. lee talked so much crap. he deserves an aaa whooping.
Tony vs khabib is the real championship fight.
Al Iaquinta vs. Conor McGregor

Zubaira vs. Artem

Dillon vs. Islam

Tony Ferguson vs. Khabibi

That's a card right there

Signature