The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

Old 09-02-2012, 02:08   #81
Christian
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
@ christian

seedorf didn't even MARK pirlo, he didn't do jack shit, all he did was run after him for 15-20min and then completely ignored him.

and the dumbest thing you can do is put a 36 year old who just played 3 days ago to mark out pirlo
But what you're suggesting is Urby @ AM, and Seedorf @ LCM right? So you'd rather have Seedorf being up against Cacares (The guy who scored twice) instead of the highly mobile Pirlo, and ofcourse Ambrosini (Who'd be RCM then) against and Gianccherini and Ext'arribia? Why is this such a logical way to organise the team? Please reply in Danish btw
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 02:13   #82
Sage
Phase 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
But what you're suggesting is Urby @ AM, and Seedorf @ LCM right? So you'd rather have Seedorf being up against Cacares (The guy who scored twice) instead of the highly mobile Pirlo, and ofcourse Ambrosini (Who'd be RCM then) against and Gianccherini and Ext'arribia? Why is this such a logical way to organise the team? Please reply in Danish btw
seedorf is horrible at AM, we only know that apart from idiotic seedorf fan boys.

Ambro is better defensively than urby, so him at RCM and seedorf at LCM being the ball player would be the best choice for Milan.

seedorf's good performances under allegri have all come from LCM.

urby at RCM didn't make a difference defensively, they were still passing through quite easily
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 02:17   #83
ww
Banned

Fav. Players: Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum1903 View Post
Milan should only take Capello back if he brings Emerson with him.
And Panucci.
ww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 02:23   #84
MilanMB
Serendipity

Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso, Cutrone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 View Post
We don't need capello, we need players the caliber capello had.

Allegri's a world class coach in making, but he can't turn nocerino, aquilani, boateng, robinho into donadoni, savicevic, boban ,albertini
Stop repeating this.

People are idiots, doesn't matter how many times you say it, they will not understand.

For the heck of it, I'll just say it again:

Hey, guys, Allegri can't turn average players into WC players. Got it? No, I guess not. Carry on...

Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 02:27   #85
Sage
Phase 2

conte seems to be a genius at turning average players into good ones.

pepe/estigbababa/giacharini/barzagli/bonucci
Old 09-02-2012, 02:32   #86
MilanMB
Serendipity

Conte's team is only 1 (maybe 4) points ahead of us in the league and doesn't have the CL to think about, which is a MAJOR advantage. He doesn't have a major injury crisis to think about either.

ffs, simple things like this should be easy to figure out for yourself.

Signature
GOAT
Old 09-02-2012, 02:33   #87
Sage
Phase 2

^^

I've been saying that all season.

but it doesn't change the fact that the average players in his squad are having good seasons.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:39   #88
Redman10
AC Milan Icon

You could also say Conte covers the limitations of his players. Juve has average players as well. I would say Milan has more quality overall then them but they have own Milan twice.
Redman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 02:44   #89
MilanMB
Serendipity

Only Barzagli has had a good season, a really good one at that.

The rest of them hasn't a better season than l-son, Nocerino etc. Nothing special.

And still, the biggest reason why they're a whopping one point in front of us is because of the injuries we've had. Shouldn't that be taken into consideration?

I don't take people blaming Allegri for this and that seriously, just shows a lack of general knowledge. Allegri is a very good coach, not a world beater yet, but a very good coach.

I just look at the midfield he has, with or without an injury crisis, and I'm blown away.

Signature
GOAT
Old 09-02-2012, 02:44   #90
ww
Banned

Fav. Players: Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
Stop repeating this.

People are idiots, doesn't matter how many times you say it, they will not understand.

For the heck of it, I'll just say it again:

Hey, guys, Allegri can't turn average players into WC players. Got it? No, I guess not. Carry on...
It's not that I find Allegri a bad coach, he's very good and not a problem for Milan.

It's just that if Milan has the chance to get Capello or Mourinho, I won't say "no".

Last edited by ww; 09-02-2012 at 04:15.
ww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 02:53   #91
MilanMB
Serendipity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitão Lugano View Post
It's not that I find Allegri a bad coach, he's very good and not a problem for Milan.

It's just that if Milan has the change to get Capello or Mourinho, I won't say "no".
Well that's another discussion. I don't like Capello tbh, but I sure wouldn't say no to Mourinho.

Signature
GOAT
Old 09-02-2012, 02:59   #92
MilanMB
Serendipity

But it's just stupid to even get into a discussion like this. Milan is Milan and we don't sack coaches just like that. Allegri signed a new deal and he'll be a Milan coach next year, titles or no titles.

Signature
GOAT
Old 09-02-2012, 03:02   #93
Madridista
not exactly a lightweight

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Pato, Ronaldinho, Robinho, Cassano, Drogba, Pandev, Balotelli, Benzema, Kaka, Isco, Jese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redman10 View Post
You could also say Conte covers the limitations of his players.
thats the entire point of having coaches isn't it? otherwise it will be just whoever has the better players wins.

coaches job is to make a group better than the sum of their parts. some are good at it, some aren't. Allegri belongs in the latter

Signature

#ForeverMario
Madridista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:02   #94
SpartanMilan
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, De Rossi, Schweinsteiger, Pippo, Forlan, Alex Morgan <3, Pato

continuing to play Dorf, Ambro, and Bommel, especially with Dorf at CAM is just absolute madness and Al doesnt seem to see it.

to be honest, Seedorf has been a steaming load of garbage for most of this season. He hasnt even been 1/2 of what he was in the second half of last year. Playing him in a Coppa Game and at CAM is mind numbingly dumb.

give the team a chance and change it up, be that using a 3 man backline, or even a 4-4-2 with Abate and Urby outside, or give a young player like Christante a chance.

We continue to play Ambro even after he turns the ball over a million time or Dorf when he is producing nothing. I'm thrilled that their experience continues to shine through and is clearly better than what a young, talented, and hungry player can do. and if Christante isnt ready yet, that is all well and good, but at least it was an attempt at something new instead of trying to make something which doesnt work somehow magically work

Signature
SpartanMilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:05   #95
MilanMB
Serendipity

The funny thing is that two of the biggest football noobs in the world are Allegri worst critics.

Yes, I'm talking about madridista and spartan.

One is a flips and trick fanboy and the other one is a peddo bear.

Signature
GOAT
Old 09-02-2012, 03:12   #96
SpartanMilan
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, De Rossi, Schweinsteiger, Pippo, Forlan, Alex Morgan <3, Pato

Quote:
The funny thing is that two of the biggest football noobs in the world are Allegri worst critics.

Yes, I'm talking about madridista and spartan.

One is a flips and trick fanboy and the other one is a peddo bear.
no let's keep trying to do the same thing. Remember when I thought we should play El Shaarawy and I was called a pedo for that? good call, he has be horrible

if the youth player shows he cant play, then great, dont play them. but I dont know how you guys can watch Ambro or Dorf suck ass every week and think it is dumb to at least try someone else

Signature
Old 09-02-2012, 03:19   #97
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Suarez, Tevez, Montolivo, Bonera, Abate, Abbiati, Kucka

It's nice to see he learned from the last Juve game it's suicidal to have too many old, slow, static players in the midfield especially against teams who press well and are dangerous when in possession...................oh wait.

Really, he needs to do something about it. Some things he gets hated for are unfair, some are just plain ******ed, but really, he needs to stop using all 3 of MVB, Ambro and Dorf. There are always better options. I'm not one of those who have big faith in our youth, but heck even filling the midfield with Primavera guys would be better. Change the formation, put some unproven, shy, insecure 16 year old in starting line up, put Abate in the midfield, whatever as long as not Seedorf+Ambro+MVB.
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:25   #98
MilanMB
Serendipity

lol, you think playing el-sharawy was your idea?

I remember making fun of you for it, but my reply was always that Allegri knows when it's the time to start giving him playing time. At the start of the season Allegri even said that sharawy will be ready in 6 months or so.

Your problem is that you don't seem to understand that unproven youth isn't supposed to be given their first test in the first team, they have to prove themselves in primavera AND first team training sessions first.

That's another obvious thing people should know if they just used their brains. But no, let's play Cristante or whatever the fuck his name is, because he's young. I dislike Seedorf and Ambro more than anyone, but even I wouldn't think of playing someone unproven instead of them in a game where it matters.

Signature
GOAT
Old 09-02-2012, 03:32   #99
SpartanMilan
AC Milan Icon

Quote:

I remember making fun of you for it, but my reply was always that Allegri knows when it's the time to start giving him playing time. At the start of the season Allegri even said that sharawy will be ready in 6 months or so.

Your problem is that you don't seem to understand that unproven youth isn't supposed to be given their first test in the first team, they have to prove themselves in primavera AND first team training sessions first.

That's another obvious thing people should know if they just used their brains. But no, let's play Cristante or whatever the fuck his name is, because he's young. I dislike Seedorf and Ambro more than anyone, but even I wouldn't think of playing someone unproven instead of them in a game where it matters.
you mean.... like in a Coppa game? the prize money is less than it is for the Super Coppa. So Al risks our best player (Silva) and then has Ambro run himself ragged (while he is sucking) all for pretty much nothing. When the Udinese game rolls around and Ambro is dragging ass I'm sure Al's choices will make sense

see if the kid can play in a meaningless game, and if not dont play him in Serie A. but I am so glad Ambro was able to use his experience at starting counters for the other team to great affect today

Signature
Old 09-02-2012, 03:33   #100
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Suarez, Tevez, Montolivo, Bonera, Abate, Abbiati, Kucka

Quote:

:t humbsdown:
This was the biggest opportunity for you to shit on Seedorf and Ambro and you blew it.

There are always better options than Ambro at non-anchor role + Seedorf at CAM. But Al didn't even need to put Christante on. He could've had Seedorf at LCM, Binho at CAM or a 4-3-2-1 with SES and Binho behind Ibra. Would've made much more sense.
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote