The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

Old 15-04-2006, 01:42   #61
KingSheva
Senior Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagney
Doesn't make sense, considering he was a first choice in the matches preceding that final. If I remember correctly, he pulled out on the day of the final having failed a fitness test.

Forza Il Genio.
I agree, it never made sense. Let's bear in mind that Savi was a "genious" when in control of the ball. Injury may have cost him that place in the fixture. He certaintly played a pivotal role in milan's hunt for domination.

Personally i have never heard of a rift between Dejan and Fabio.... We all know Dejan can be a rebel when he want's ... Yet he always gave milan his best!

How i miss him and Zorro...

Grazie Savi.
KingSheva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2006, 07:32   #62
Grindizer
Rookie

Fav. Players: MVB, R.Baggio, Savicevic and Sheva

Hi KingSheva

i have a question for you. Rui Costa he doesnt seem to play in the CL, any reason why?
Grindizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2006, 10:07   #63
yonggoh
Smoker

Fav. Players: Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini

hey grindizer, you staying in Auckland, NZ?

Signature
yonggoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2006, 11:12   #64
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli, Michael Avenatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grindizer
Hi KingSheva

i have a question for you. Rui Costa he doesnt seem to play in the CL, any reason why?
There is a player Kaka in his position, you know

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2006, 12:11   #65
Metalheadache
Il Capitano

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Oddo, Janku, Kaka, Gattuso, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Pippo, Gilardino, Dida & Co.

well if Capello had a row with Savi,
then it doesn't surprise me as he is having a row now with
Ibrahimovich

Anyway, welcome aboard mate!
Metalheadache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2006, 18:48   #66
gaizka22
Apprentice father

Fav. Players: van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta

Quote:
Hi Edi

thanx for your reply. yeah i was suprised when i heard about it too.
man, i remeber when Milan walked into the field with the red and black, i knew we gona lose that game. Nothing like the white in CL.

god bless Savicevic
I believe it was Capello's mistake to benched Savicevic during the 93 CL to give a place to MvBasten (his last ever game for Milan). True MvB was 92 European Player of the Year but he was coming back from 4 months injury. AT LEAST Capello should field JP Papin instead. But in all honesty, Savicevic was new to the team when the CL 93 was played after arriving mid-season so he MIGHT not merit a place in the team.

But I still feel if only Capello fielded JPP or Marco Simone instead, things might've been different and MvB's might not received the brutal treatment from Basile Boli which only worsened his injury

In CL 95 savicevic was injured so no use talking about it. And I don't think there was any feud between Capello and Savicevic. After all, it was Capello who gave him the no. 10 jersey and forced Gullit out of the squad to Sampdoria.

Signature
If there’s a God, you must see Him in your heart
If there’s a soul, you must perceive it
Otherwise, it is better not to believe
It is better to be an outspoken atheist
Than to become a religious hypocrite
gaizka22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2006, 19:08   #67
Yuchen Li
58 unbeaten !

Fav. Players: Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino

Quote:

my question is if capello didnt like him, how come the whole team was built around him and he was instrumental in so many win in the 90s??
I don't understand what do you mean the whole team was built around him ?

Because at that time, Italy only allowed a team used 3 not Italian players... And i think : Rossi, Maldini, Baresi, Costarcurta, Tasotti, Albertini, Donadoni, Evani, Massaro, these 8 players are Milan's 8 Italian players, and they are the core of Milan, why do you think the team was built aroung Savcevic ?

By the way, he was called operation knife in China, because his dribbling + control is very skillful, like an operation knife !

Signature

people laugh and people cry

some give up and some always try

some say "Hi" and some say "Bye"

others may forget you but never I

http://www.geocities.com/lyc_fish/loveandkiss.html
Yuchen Li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2006, 22:04   #68
GeronimoFinch
National Team Player

Fav. Players: Savicevic, van Basten, Rijkaard, Seedorf, Gattuso

Operation knife? Wouldn't scalpel been better?

Signature
Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present. - Marcus Aurelius
GeronimoFinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2006, 07:53   #69
Grindizer
Rookie

Hi Guys

yonggoh, yeah i live in auckland.

gaizka22, i agree with your comments mate. I think if Papin played in the outcome of the game would of been different.

Yuchen Fish, LOOL at operation knife.

did u guys feel that after the loss to Ajax in 95 that was the end of the great Milan. what happend to Massario and Simione?

Man, i hope in NZ they will start showing the Itailain Leauge
Old 16-04-2006, 16:29   #70
gaizka22
Apprentice father

Fav. Players: van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta

Quote:
did u guys feel that after the loss to Ajax in 95 that was the end of the great Milan. what happend to Massario and Simione?
Had to disagree with you. The following season 95/96 we won the Scudetto with Baggio and Weah coming to the team. Or maybe you were referring to the Grande Milan team that won CL 89,90 and 3 scudettos in 92,93,94? If that's your point, well Maldini and Costacurta are still in the squad so the Great Milan team still continues. True we sucked big time in 96/97 and 97/98 seasons but that was inevitable.

Massaro? I guess he retired not long after that. He's been in the squad since the 86/87 season (at least) and was always the patient with his role as back up for Virdis, Van Basten, Papin, Gullit and never made any big deal about it.

As for Simone, he had a great success in AS Monaco after leaving Milan (in season 97/98 I guess) and he actually went back to Milan midway through the 01/02 season (if not mistaken) when most of Milan strikers (Pippo, Sheva, Jose Mari, Javi Moreno) were injured or didn't perform. Didn't make quite any impact, he went unnoticed (kinda like Amoroso now).

Signature
If there’s a God, you must see Him in your heart
If there’s a soul, you must perceive it
Otherwise, it is better not to believe
It is better to be an outspoken atheist
Than to become a religious hypocrite
gaizka22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2006, 00:51   #71
Grindizer
Rookie

gaizka22

thanx man, u bringing back good old memories
Old 17-04-2006, 02:06   #72
KingSheva
Senior Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaizka22
As for Simone, he had a great success in AS Monaco after leaving Milan (in season 97/98 I guess) and he actually went back to Milan midway through the 01/02 season (if not mistaken) when most of Milan strikers (Pippo, Sheva, Jose Mari, Javi Moreno) were injured or didn't perform. Didn't make quite any impact, he went unnoticed (kinda like Amoroso now).
It seems as if it was yesterday!!

Remember when the announcment was made!!

What a memory!

If felt like "the prodigal son". Ashame it didn't live up to expectations.

Marco, con noi sempre!

Grazie per tutto Marco!

Forza Milan!
KingSheva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 10:24   #73
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli, Michael Avenatti

Had to get him a place here after this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
Hahahah, Savicevic.

Il genio(fvck all interistas for calling Ibra that)

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2010, 14:23   #74
samir10
Moaaarr Attackers :proud:

Fav. Players: Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme

was best dribbler years ago.

btw he had nasty accident few years ago near his house in montenegro with his motorcycle and afaik berlu send helicopter to help former milan legend.

Signature
samir10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2011, 05:46   #75
zio_fester
Senior Team Member

The best dribbler in the history of the game. pure elegance, genious... un fanastista che sempre fa sognare... grazie dejo
zio_fester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2011, 02:10   #76
LimerickMilan
Senior Team Member

Fav. Players: Kaka, Pato, Zidane, Maldini, McGrath, Keane, Weah, Shevchenko, Gullit, Figo, Ronaldo, Inzaghi,
Default Athens ,great goal V Barca

What a great goal V Barca, and in a European Cup final as well, I think that goal is up there with Zidanes v Leverkusen in CL final a few years back (almost, but close)
LimerickMilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 01:25   #77
montenegro
Rookie

Default Dejan Savicevic - Il genio

His performance in the 1994 UEFA Champions League Final at Athens' Olympic Stadium on May 18 would turn out to be his greatest moment in football and arguably one of the finest individual displays seen in the competition.

In his total career at the San Siro, Milan won 7 trophies, including 3 scudetti (Serie A championships) - 1992-93, 1993–94, 1995–96, 1 European Cup - 1993-94 and 1 European Super Cup, but he was criticized in the Italian media for not always trying against smaller teams and his performances regularly blew hot and cold.
montenegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:31   #78
vB9
Man with a Plan

Fav. Players: Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

No 10 at Milan belongs to Dejan. RC can go to the devil.

Signature
"What Leonardo brought to Milan? Experience, international contacts with FIFA, UEFA, big clubs. Leo has done everything, he toured the whole world. He is smart and knows well the world of communication."

"What can Maldini add? Paolo is the history, the figure. He is the idol. In the whole world if you speak about Milan you speak about Paolo and vice-versa. Paolo is the fidelity."
vB9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:01   #79
inter merda
Rookie

number 10 in milan is always an incredible player
inter merda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2011, 21:57   #80
Cristina
Super Moderator

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Pato, Balotelli

Cristina is offline   Reply With Quote