The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

Old 17-10-2010, 22:40   #1
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Default Your dream XI and tactics

I'm starting this thread purely for fun. This isn't meant to be a "Best XI" thread or anything, just XI footballers who play way YOU LIKE. What I'm asking if MAKE A TEAM, not collection of 11 best attacking players in a formation which won't work with a midfield of kaka,cristiano ronaldo and xavi (like magazines and award committees often select). If you were a coach, unlimited budget, nothing stopping you (like fact certain players won't leave) what would your XI be?

If you are going to use players from previous time periods please specify. I will make two XIs. A current form team (last 2 to 3 years) and a timeless team (IE I'll specify "Sheva 99-06" or whatever). .

I plan to do two teams, a current form one and a all time team. All time team I keep making adjusts too, so i'll post later but here's my current team

Manager: Ancelotti

What can I say, in terms of pure football I enjoy to watch vintage ancelotti football is type I prefer most. Over Barca, Man Utd, Mourinho etc. etc. Theres probably some bias/nostalgia in it but hey we all got our preferences

In my opinion, Drogba is simply best CF in world. I love Ibra, but Drogba does more a pure CF's job than Ibra who is a bit more of a magician.

Ronaldo would be a #7 striker, which is probably his best role. The Kaka/Sheva role. I could use messi here too, but I like Ron more. He's just such a machine, and when he's given this role (free forward) he usually contributes with a massive amount of goals and assists, headers, free kicks etc. etc. etc. I often find him too isolated when he plays pure winger role.

Sneijder for me is best #10 in world now. Inter douche, but he's special.

Midfield was hardest part for me cause I'm a big fan of CMs in general, different types etc.

Pirlo is don't need to explain, just cant leave him out..... Essien I don't need to explain. De Rossi actually could contribute 6 to 9 goals in a team like this where he isn't doing a pure DMs role. I thought HARD about lampard too, but decided to go with more muscle. Play possession, push forward when needed and be fine defensively...

Defense speaks for itself, and what i expect. Narrow team so wingbacks will take of it.

Buffon may have declined a bit from 'his prime' BUT i still find him most reliable keeper. Even if reflexes r slower, he never makes a real tactical error

Edit: I know I'm begging for insults for the usual 'stupidity triad' . Thats fine....

I'm actually VERY curious what everyones ideal team (present and past) are. Who would you play, how would you align them, responsibilities, lets have a little fantasy FM fun. No right or wrong

+ points if you include merkel, verdi

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB

Last edited by Senatore_M84; 17-10-2010 at 22:45.
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2010, 23:50   #2
MilanMB
Serendipity

Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso

Manager: Allegri or Leonardo

TS and Nesta are given for me.

I know Chiellini is a CB now, but he started out as a LB if I remember correctly. With unlimited funds I just double his pay and tell him to play there again. I've always preferred Alves over Maicon for some reason. Like his style of play (- his whining and diving).

I don't have any real destroyer in CM, but those 3 can divide the defensive work between them as well as going forward. It could work

With Chrissy and Messi on the wings, playing Ibra is impossible. Rooney is more direct and would do a lot better. Drogba could also work.

But a team with so many stars would never work. To many strong personalities.

Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2010, 00:01   #3
AC_Wesley
ˇYA BASTA!

Fav. Players: Antoine Griezmann, Andres Iniesta, Isco

I believe this is the best current team there is. Somehow I couldnt place Messi where Pato is standing...it's a feeling .

Coach: Louis van Gaal

I acutally liked drawing formations, so I made up a best current Serie A team:

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presidente
Le confesso che vedere tutti questi stranieri giocare nelle squadre italiane mi lascia perplesso. Mi fa male vedere molte squadre italiane in campo con undici stranieri. Per il futuro del mio Milan vorrei una rosa di giovani tutti Italiani. E magari...tutti campioni.
AC_Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2010, 01:11   #4
Fiero

-

Last edited by Fiero; 21-09-2012 at 14:16.
Fiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2010, 02:22   #5
jackattack14
Rookie

Coach:Bob Bradley

As we saw last week pato and ibrahimovic combine so well and they're supported by cassano cus hes extremely creative

great thread btw

Last edited by jackattack14; 18-10-2010 at 02:25.
jackattack14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2010, 05:00   #6
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G

Fav. Players: Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

Up for balance too. Defense is experienced + CBs used to play together. On top it's a younger team but it's mostly experienced too. Cesc has some defensive qualities which is good. Pastore is flavour of the month I know, but lets say it's a team I'll do ATM, Pastore is on awesome form. Suarez+Pato seem similar, Suarez is IMO better as a SS, his good at assisting, Pato is more explosive, and possibly has more pace. Both have great goalscoring instincts. Needless to say I wanted to have a player that I'm sure will do anything for his team to win .

I have in mind a 4-3-3 formation but later.

Signature
Brocchi si nasce, campioni si diventa
crazy4milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2010, 07:12   #7
fertygo
Battering Striker

Fav. Players: Sheva, Bierhoff, Pippo Inzaghi, Eto'o, Nedved.

Fuck with super dreamy line-up, I'll go with this.
Underrated or Mediocre dream teams if you're n00bz PoV FTW !

Manager : Allegri/Dellio Rossi. Because they're interchanging dynamic offensive football fans.

Some explanation :

I'm big fans of battering ram striker, even if they doesn't score much they have big influence to teams because they're open space to other player. This will be Almeida/Floccari jobs n Miccoli, Guberti, n Hamsik gonna exploit that space.

On mid-line I choose Hamsik as main-motor n playing ala Fabregas @ Arsenal doing a lot vertical rush as opposed with Guberti on left flank n Miccoli find space for himself seeking simple deadly trough pass n sometime there will be many interchanging action on final third from attacking personnel, n Hamsik not gonna forget his defensive duties too with his tenacity, gonna help alot Palombo the main DM.

Vargas will help offense a lot despite his role so deep on formation, n to compensate that the LB gonna always sit in the back n not too mention Yepes not too fast too.

For Zapata selection, yeah his lack of brain n natural positioning talent is worrying, but Yepes gonna make him seems alot better with his command, the raw athletic abilities of Zapata gonna used more properly that way. And Abs n Lichtsteiner is underrated.

Hell yeah TOP 3 Finish Baby !!!

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo
"Right now it would be like betraying my history, my past with the Rossoneri. It's been a short period of time, and I'm still very close to Milan. Now it would be too difficult to work in Italy, maybe in the future but not now."
- 22nd October 2010.
Two months later...
Gattuso : "Evidently the God of money can produce miracles."

Last edited by fertygo; 18-10-2010 at 07:16.
fertygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2010, 12:24   #8
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli, Michael Avenatti

LOL. Super n00b-thread.

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2010, 21:07   #9
neutral
AC Milan Legend

Coach: Mourinho

Bench : Ibra, Nani, Xavi, Ozil, Puyol, Sneijder Ferdinand, Van der saar

Last edited by neutral; 18-10-2010 at 21:09.
neutral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2010, 21:14   #10
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
LOL. Super n00b-thread.
ur a n00b. Join in

Signature
Quote:
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Old 18-10-2010, 21:16   #11
Kalac#16
AC Milan Icon

Me and Milano did this and made the best team ever seen, sadly I've likely deleted the pm, but it was a sort of NFL inspired team, a 3-4-1-2 with 4 hulking midfielders then 3 long ball whores behind them playing as CB's. It was brilliant.
Kalac#16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2010, 21:19   #12
milan1st
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Nesta, Kaka, Pato, Boateng, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ibrahimovic, Benzema, Fabregas, Essien, Ganso, Seedorf

milan1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2010, 21:24   #13
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalac#16 View Post
Me and Milano did this and made the best team ever seen, sadly I've likely deleted the pm, but it was a sort of NFL inspired team, a 3-4-1-2 with 4 hulking midfielders then 3 long ball whores behind them playing as CB's. It was brilliant.
don't worry i remember....

Pressure with 6 DMs just beating everyone up. Either back pass to super deep lying playmakers or just kinda beat the ball up into the box for pippo.

This team, will beat your team. Physically.

Signature
Quote:
#RnB
Old 18-10-2010, 21:48   #14
Congo Powers
humble monza supporter

Fav. Players: Silvio Berlusconi, Rui Costa, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, KPB, Mario, Cutrone

the philosophy of my team is possession and swag.

abbiati = lovable fascist
stam = no explanation needed
nesta = " " "
serginho = best wingback evar
cafu = best wingback evar
phillip cocu = fucking great underrated player. he'll sit in front of D and chill hard
pirlo = no explanation needed
rui costa = " " "
totti = " " "
ginola = swag
borriello = volley
Congo Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2010, 21:51   #15
hdcantona
Senatore_M84's Protege

Fav. Players: Cantona, Berbatov, Sheva, Pirlo, Ibra, Robinho, Forlan, Pato, Maldini, Becks, Modric, Rochemback

Swagtastic Rovers:

---------Ibra-----Berba----Borri

----------------Cassano

--------Prince---Brocchi---Becks

Zambrotta-------Maldini----------Cafu

----------------Dida

Manager: Allegri

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiero View Post
Senatore, you have just won the internet.

hdcantona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2010, 22:04   #16
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdcantona View Post
Swagtastic Rovers:

---------Ibra-----Berba----Borri

----------------Cassano

--------Prince---Brocchi---Becks

Zambrotta-------Maldini----------Cafu

----------------Dida

Manager: Allegri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 View Post
I'm starting this thread purely for fun. This isn't meant to be a "Best XI" thread or anything, just XI footballers who play way YOU LIKE. What I'm asking if MAKE A TEAM, not collection of 11 best attacking players in a formation which won't work with a midfield of kaka,cristiano ronaldo and xavi (like magazines and award committees often select).

Signature
Quote:
#RnB
Old 18-10-2010, 22:06   #17
hdcantona
Senatore_M84's Protege

Fav. Players: Cantona, Berbatov, Sheva, Pirlo, Ibra, Robinho, Forlan, Pato, Maldini, Becks, Modric, Rochemback

ok... fine, take out one of the front 3, and stick Nesta at the back, and swap Becks for Pirlo.

Still swag ridden

Signature
Quote:

Old 18-10-2010, 22:45   #18
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdcantona View Post
ok... fine, take out one of the front 3, and stick Nesta at the back, and swap Becks for Pirlo.

Still swag ridden
finally someone else who fantacizes about a pirlo, brocchi reunited midfield

put favalli in your formation.....

NOW

Signature
Quote:
#RnB
Old 18-10-2010, 22:47   #19
hdcantona
Senatore_M84's Protege

I couldn't kick out any of that defence

oh well...

Maybe I should put Cristian Zanetti in my team...

Signature
Quote:

Old 18-10-2010, 22:50   #20
Calum1903
AC Milan Icon

Mine's a lopsided 4-4-1-1. It is athletic and aggressive, and it brains very smartly indeed.
Calum1903 is offline   Reply With Quote