The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

Old 11-01-2011, 18:05   #41
Saber Rider
National Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
Actually, he's linked with Wolfsburg also. Just saying. (And can we stop with calling him MvB? I believe that refers to someone else here.)
Well, if we call that shitty Cristiano - Ronaldo, why shouldn`t we use MvB for Bommel? Standards in football nowdays are to low.

Last edited by Saber Rider; 11-01-2011 at 18:09.
Saber Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 18:07   #42
Wild
*Rejuvenation*

Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution View Post
What the fuck. Raiola is his agent, it seems like wherever we go... Raiola is there.

He's talented. A geniune asshole, old expensive, and a position we have a lot of (albeit injured). I'd rather a more versatile player such as Lazzari, but if it's the choice between bringing in Van Bommel or nobody... I'd have to think about it.
Despite not liking him but I think he would be only second to Ambro.
He can easily replace any of Gatu , Flams , Pirlo & do better.
Lazzari is another story however , younger + different characteristics.
As I said , if Bommel for free with a low wage then this could mean a better midfield.

Signature
Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 18:09   #43
Pedro
iedereen is gek

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratzaroony View Post
Please no... This guy is an asshole and a dinosaur. We need young players like Boateng and Lazzari, not people who are already past their prime.
Van Bommel is not past his prime. Last year he was amazing. He's more likely in his prime now than past it. Some players get better when olding.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 18:30   #44
Calum1903
AC Milan Icon

I wouldn't have an issue with Van Bommel, as a short-term measure. Ignoring the general consensus that he's not a very nice man, he's a fantastic player and a winner.

He's not particularly mobile (neither is Ambrosini or Gattuso these days), but he's a balanced holding midfielder - something Milan lack. He's extremely solid defensively, yet good enough on the ball that he doesn't need someone like Pirlo to do his passing for him. He could improve any squad.
Calum1903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 19:07   #45
MonsterKane
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Rivaldo RuiCosta Cafu Balakov Seedorf Nesta VanBommel Gattuso Redondo Baresi Maldini Shevchenko Kahn

Yes, Lazzari is younger, but what did he achieve? He's 26 already and didn't even play for the Italian national team. Sorry, but I expect a bit more from a player of that age if he's to play for a team like Milan. I would prefer Van Bommel at any hour of the day.
MonsterKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 19:39   #46
Pedro
iedereen is gek

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum1903 View Post
He's not particularly mobile (neither is Ambrosini or Gattuso these days), but he's a balanced holding midfielder - something Milan lack. He's extremely solid defensively, yet good enough on the ball that he doesn't need someone like Pirlo to do his passing for him. He could improve any squad.
There are plenty things Milan are lacking more than that. We have Ambrosini as holding midfielder who is doing well, and Strasser as backup who is someone for the long-term. Though it's true, indeed because Van Bommel's passing is very good for a DM, he would improve our squad. Also Pirlo should play, and to have a more mobile midfield, I think Flamini should also (who I like since him playing box-to-boxish, not so much as pure DM). So to me it makes sense signing Van Bommel means benching Ambrosini. Though I won't be surprised if Allegri plays both, and bench Flamini instead.

Shouldn't we sign players for positions where we need them (when it comes to short-term signings)? Signing someone just because he's good (whatever his position is) isn't the right way. I also find the thought that Strasser would play less this way sad.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 21:04   #47
Menez
National Team Player

Fav. Players: Maldini, Pippo, Nesta, Pato, Locatelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber Rider View Post
Dude, get some update. MvB was linked and signed for Barcelona 6 years ago. This thread is that old.
Actually he`s only linked with us. And if Raiola demands 3 years contract, we should say to him: "F*ck you". MvB is good, but only for 1 year spell.
You're right. My bad. Just read that someone said he already signed at barca haha Him moving to barca wouldn't make any sense at all.
Menez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 21:04   #48
Sage
Phase 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum1903 View Post
I wouldn't have an issue with Van Bommel, as a short-term measure. Ignoring the general consensus that he's not a very nice man, he's a fantastic player and a winner.

completely agree, I'd love him as Milan even tho hes a prick.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 21:07   #49
akewander
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Kaka , Maldini, Zidane, Pato, Thiago silva, Gattuso.

no, the dressing room would explode, him and ibra will cause problems
akewander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 21:29   #50
Dottore Joey
Vice

Fav. Players: Zlatastic, Messi, Ronaldo Duo, Sheva, Maldini, Nesta, SES, Montolivo, Sigurdsson, Lloris

Yeah that's right Van Bommel has bad history with Ibra and Robinho, he would be friendless...

And i think that Rumor his BULLSHIT

Signature
Dottore Joey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 21:29   #51
Revolution
Io Ci Credo

Fav. Players: Baresi, Maldini, Pirlo, De Rossi, Pjanic, Schweini, Prince, Abate

What the fuck guys.

MvB =

Both Binho and Ibra have had their scuffles with Van Bommel, who in both instances didn't retaliate at all, just took their verbal abuse like a professional. That said:

Also iic Ibra also had a fight with Mexes and nobody had a problem linking him with us.

Signature
ONORATE I NOSTRI COLORI

Last edited by Revolution; 11-01-2011 at 21:37.
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 21:49   #52
Dottore Joey
Vice

Fav. Players: Zlatastic, Messi, Ronaldo Duo, Sheva, Maldini, Nesta, SES, Montolivo, Sigurdsson, Lloris

Nesta and Ibra were younger back than and both stupider !!!

Nesta is 34 today it's no problem for him today he's grown up, also a bit Ibra...

But Marco Van Bommel has had fight with Ibra Recently and Robinho too...

And Ibra criticized him in the Media after that Holland-Sweden Game...

It's TOOOOOOOOOOO Much risk at having Bommel, Robinho, Ibra, Boateng, Cassano, in one team but... and Bommel is master at annoying players...

Everything is possible is guess though !...

Signature
Dottore Joey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 21:51   #53
milan1st
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Nesta, Kaka, Pato, Boateng, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ibrahimovic, Benzema, Fabregas, Essien, Ganso, Seedorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Joey View Post
Nesta and Ibra were younger back than and both stupider !!!

Nesta is 34 today it's no problem for him today he's grown up, also a bit Ibra...

But Marco Van Bommel has had fight with Ibra Recently and Robinho too...

And Ibra criticized him in the Media after that Holland-Sweden Game...

It's TOOOOOOOOOOO Much risk at having Bommel, Robinho, Ibra, Boateng, Cassano, in one team but... and Bommel is master at annoying players...

Everything is possible is guess though !...
Every single player Galliani is about to sign, firstly he console with the dressing room.
milan1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 22:00   #54
Ashish
Banned

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Duncan, Ginobli, Eli Manning

if bommel comes in we can finally use 3 attackers upfront, gattu and ambro wont be likeing that a bit, but a two year contract would be perfect he is a great player, geniune asshole for opponents

Goran pandev will meet his dad when we play against inter
Ashish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 22:15   #55
Kuzimoto
Forza Milan!!!!

Fav. Players: Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano

Van Bommel got something like 10 red cards throughout his nervous career. We already have psycho Cassano, why give our role model team a bad name?
Kuzimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 22:27   #56
Ashish
Banned

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Duncan, Ginobli, Eli Manning

gattu flamini ambro casssano kpb ibra van bommel even balotelli
wow bad ass team anyone want to fuck with us?? is there anyone . open challenge

A wc scum bag
Ashish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 22:48   #57
Sven
Super Moderator

He does the dirty work on the field. It's his job, he does it pretty well and this benefits his team. This doesn't mean he is a psycho who give tackles on the fellow players on the dressing room.

Ibra and Robinho know (or should know by now) that football is not played by angels, and fouls, tackles and dives are all part of the game. Just because you do that to help your team doesn't mean you're a bad person or in a lower dregree of dignity than someone else.
Sven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:45   #58
Kasoka
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Van Bommel, Ambrosini, Shevchenko, Romagnoli

Kasoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:56   #59
diegoyya
Primavera Player

i dont like him. hes super slow. if we are going to get new people, please talent!!

i hope we get a LB, but not a cdm. And if we do, it should be a tactic midfielder, something for italy!
diegoyya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:54   #60
anth183
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Andriy Shevchenko, and Filippo Inzaghi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution View Post
What the fuck guys.

MvB =
This.
anth183 is offline   Reply With Quote