The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Players & Staff

AC Milan Players & Staff Share your views on the current AC Milan players & staff, from the seniors to the Primavera and even lower.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:01   #3821
WILL2K
Magical Milan

Fav. Players: Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou . All Milan players are my fav .players..;-)

Better than all the GOAL movies combined and more. Paolo should be given an Oscar for for the best actor award in that movie

Signature

" I wasn't born Ronaldinho, but thanks to strong will I managed to touch the sky ... ".
Filippo Inzaghi
WILL2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:15   #3822
Sidd
सिद्धर्थ Rossonero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILL2K View Post
Better than all the GOAL movies combined and more. Paolo should be given an Oscar for for the best actor award in that movie
That's the thing, GOAL had actors portraying some ghey fictional character. In this, Paolo was just being himself

Signature

Sidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:24   #3823
Ash
Swag Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidd View Post
Check the credits, that's how I found this 1:
I know this one. But the credits are kinda hard to read because of the picture quality, so still trying to figure out the name of the song during the Inter game...
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:21   #3824
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli, Michael Avenatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash View Post
I know this one. But the credits are kinda hard to read because of the picture quality, so still trying to figure out the name of the song during the Inter game...
Time helps a lot more than visuals on a 2h video

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:26   #3825
Ash
Swag Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
Time helps a lot more than visuals on a 2h video
can you be any more cryptic?
Old 09-09-2011, 11:54   #3826
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli, Michael Avenatti

Quote:
can you be any more cryptic?
Timeline of when the song is played helps a lot more than the info of what's going on. So that if someone tries to help you he/she doesn't need to watch the whole thing to find the part in question.

Signature

Old 09-09-2011, 12:43   #3827
Ash
Swag Maestro

Quote:
Timeline of when the song is played helps a lot more than the info of what's going on. So that if someone tries to help you he/she doesn't need to watch the whole thing to find the part in question.
aah...k

To make things a bit simpler, it's at the start of this video:

Old 09-09-2011, 13:09   #3828
Charbel
"Il Capitano"

Fav. Players: Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini

I just spent like 3-4 hours downloading the second part of the dvd [ downloaded the first part like 2 in the morning..and left it to finish and went to sleep ] ...only to get "download interrupted" at the very very fucken end.

Signature
Previously known as "Soldier"
Charbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 13:54   #3829
Jasper
Maldini tier

Quote:
aah...k

To make things a bit simpler, it's at the start of this video:
You mean this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbel View Post
I just spent like 3-4 hours downloading the second part of the dvd [ downloaded the first part like 2 in the morning..and left it to finish and went to sleep ] ...only to get "download interrupted" at the very very fucken end.
When the dvd came out, internet was different and it took me 2 months to get it. Only to find out no English subtitles. Got it with subtitles in a few years though.

Tough job being a pirate.

Signature

Old 09-09-2011, 18:14   #3830
Charbel
"Il Capitano"

Fav. Players: Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini

Hahaha. I'm kinda pissed off I didn't know this dvd existed on the net before. Tuesday will be my last night in my current home [ for the summer], and on Wednesday am going back to my hometown. Thing is here I have a shitty unlimited connection - down there I have a pretty decent LIMITED connection...so downloading 900 MB on an unlimited seemed like a much better plan here....I don't have enough time to download them all though. Hopefully, I'll download as much as I can...and I'll wait for next month [ a new internet plan is supposed to start working....I'll be getting 20 gb a month ] ....to download the rest.

Signature
Previously known as "Soldier"
Charbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 20:56   #3831
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

wrong thread.

Signature
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 21:44   #3832
Sonny.Bill.Williams
WUNDERKIND

Sonny.Bill.Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 23:05   #3833
Ash
Swag Maestro

Quote:
You mean this?
Thanks

Cranberries
Old 10-09-2011, 14:57   #3834
Jasper
Maldini tier

Left back: Paolo Maldini

By Zito

If the left backs are the real men of the pitch, then the Clint Eastwood of the position is surely the greatest left back of all time to me, Paolo Maldini. If the word class was still pure in it’s definition rather than watered down and ineffective after being thrown around so carelessly, it would be synonymous with Maldini. It is synonymous with Maldini. Twenty five years of top level football, a one club man, over sixteen years in the Italian national team and he has the nerve, the nerve to win Uefa’s best defender trophy at the ungodly age of 39. This man has clearly found the fountain of youth and refuses to share, not because he’s selfish, no he’s too classy for that, he’s not sharing because he understands that age and death is necessary and natural and that the fountain of youth would throw the world into chaos. Yes that’s the kind of man he is, always thinking of others before himself.

No statistic or comparison can actually do justice to what an influence Maldini was, and this is not “influence” as in “too old to really contribute but can still be a leader in the locker room”, Maldini played every single one of his 902 matches for Milan as if it was his first, shutting down forwards, stealing the ball right from their feet rather than recklessly lunging in like some sort of De Jong creature, and in the latter part of his career, forming the formidable hair trio with Nesta and Pirlo. He may have never been an inhuman rocket powered train like Roberto Carlos but there was not one thing he didn’t do, attack, defense, midfield sideways passes, elegantly brushing his hair back after another tumble with some misguided forward who probably read his fortune wrong thinking that he could bamboozle II Capitano with his fancy step-overs and cutbacks.

There is a sad part to this beautiful story, barring the respect and admiration of everyone who played with him and/or against him, the most perfect defender never won anything with his national team. If that makes you feel sad, remember this, he won five Champion League trophies with Milan and numerous other trophies that he would probably disregard as nothing compared to wearing the Milan shirt and the captain’s armband because that’s just what he does. Class.

The definition of what a captain should be, I’ve always believed the best captains should be defenders because they’re usually the meanest dogs in the park, they should instill fear in the opponent and their own teammates but more out of respect than anything, plus they have a very good view of the game rivaled only by the manager and the goalkeepers. Maldini was all of this, he was mean in his ruthless efforts to halt all who went to his side, no one was allowed to pass, forwards often recall him to being similar to Gandalf the Wizard. He was widely respected by teammates and opponents alike, Nesta, Kaka, Del Piero, Baggio, Alex Ferguson even named him as his favorite player. Plus, he was a like-able and fair captain, not the might be leaving to Barcelona type, or the banging his best friend’s wife type, or even my favorite, the diving Roman thumb sucking type.

From 16 years old to 40 years young, perfect defender, impeccable captain, devourer of forwards, Milanese symbol, Paolo Maldini, Real Man! My favorite left back and all around defender, so good Inter cloned him and renamed him Zanetti.

http://www.surrealfootball.com/2011/...paolo-maldini/

Signature

Old 11-09-2011, 15:44   #3835
LoLInter
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Inzaghi, Maldini, Cavani, Ibra, Totti, Gattuso, Del Piero, T.Silva, Nesta, Lampard, El Shaarawy

Just read someone comment this on espn:

"Maldini is a legend but no where near Messi, Maradona, Ronaldo "FAT", Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Zidane, Best, Figo etc."

Messi and Cristina doesn't deserve to be in the same sentence as Maldini

Signature

GRANDE PAZZZOOO

Last edited by LoLInter; 11-09-2011 at 16:06.
LoLInter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:59   #3836
Gio

Fav. Players: Maldini, Pippo, Gattuso, Nesta, Kaká, Cafu, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Ambrosini, Sheva, Stam, Totti, R9

Quote:

Cure - Last Day of Summer is going to get played 100 time again in my playlist over the next week.
Great find Jasper. This should be compulsory viewing for anyone who even so much as flirts with the idea of being interested in football.

Signature
Gio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:58   #3837
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Great article Jasper!

Signature
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:39   #3838
zizousama
Milanisti Forever

He needs to get back to Milan and be involved in our future already. However, I think that he believes that he will not be able to contribute the way he wants to with B&G.
zizousama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:58   #3839
seveners
SAPL Winner

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona

Awesome

Signature

BEST OF THE BEST
seveners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:12   #3840
Jasper
Maldini tier

Signature/avatar material:

Signature

Last edited by Jasper; 12-09-2011 at 11:31.