The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Off Topic

Off Topic You can talk here about everything that doesn't fit in the rest of the forums (movies, music, games etc.)



Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 24-07-2016, 22:05   #1881
Sage
Phase 2
 
Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. View Post
Barboza has some fucking vicious leg kicks, and his tdd has improved ten fold + he is not folding under pressure anymore.

One more win and he should get at title shot.
khabib and tony ferguson deserve it more than he does

tony ferguson already beat him, khabib would beat him comfortably IMO.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 22:10   #1882
MilanMB
Serendipity
 
MilanMB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso, Cutrone.
Default

damn 49-46...

I can't really get into WMMA, but having RR back would indeed spice up the division, and then there's Cyborg as well. I wonder if she'll fight in the UFC again.

Nunes said that there's nothing for her at 145, she's the 135 champ and that's what she's gonna defend. And I agree with her. Cyborg needs to adjust, not the whole division.

But then again, if the money is there, they will fight at 145.

Holm should do it, she's huge for this division. Sheva looked really small compared to her.


Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 22:11   #1883
MilanMB
Serendipity
 
MilanMB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso, Cutrone.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
khabib and tony ferguson deserve it more than he does

tony ferguson already beat him, khabib would beat him comfortably IMO.
Khabib is gonna beat everyone comfortably I think. Haven't seen so much of him, but he looks like a monster.

I love Conor, but light weight have a looot of bad match ups for him.


Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 22:11   #1884
Curupira
AC Milan Icon
 
Curupira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
sheva won 49-46 on all 3 scorecards, she was clearly the better fighter.



I disagree, she's a counter fighter who was a bad match up against rousey's below amateur striking, IMO she would beat rousey again.

shevchenko and tate aren't really going to come at her, so she becomes timid against fighters who aren't pushing the pace. let's be honest, holm had the fight won against tate and she was winning the final round before tate took her down.

it showed from her first 2 fights before rousey, she can only shine against specific opponents.
It would be another "fluke" if Ronda decides to do that again. If Ronda fights to her strengths, no way Holly beats her again.


Signature
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 22:14   #1885
MilanMB
Serendipity
 
MilanMB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso, Cutrone.
Default

Seriously, WHAT. THE. FUCK. was RR doing in that fight vs Holm?


Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 22:16   #1886
MilanMB
Serendipity
 
MilanMB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso, Cutrone.
Default

btw, curupira

Around the time when Holm and Conor both lost on submission, Holm was praised for not tapping. I don't understand that, when you're loosing, why not tap?

Alright if it's a choke, but remember when Nogeira didn't tap vs Mir? He broke his fucking arm. What's the point of that??


Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 22:32   #1887
Sage
Phase 2
 
Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curupira View Post
It would be another "fluke" if Ronda decides to do that again. If Ronda fights to her strengths, no way Holly beats her again.
there you go calling it a fluke again Grazie holm for that wonderful fight

maybe if ronda changed coaches she could beat holm but if she stays with the galliani of coaches..then holm is going to beat her again.

whenever she tried to throw her in the fight it didnt work, and ronda can't wrestle.

anyways I don't think ronda is gonna fight holm IF she comes back, probably a straight title shot vs nunes or whoever is holding the belt by that time
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 22:35   #1888
Sage
Phase 2
 
Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
damn 49-46...

I can't really get into WMMA, but having RR back would indeed spice up the division, and then there's Cyborg as well. I wonder if she'll fight in the UFC again.

Nunes said that there's nothing for her at 145, she's the 135 champ and that's what she's gonna defend. And I agree with her. Cyborg needs to adjust, not the whole division.

But then again, if the money is there, they will fight at 145.

Holm should do it, she's huge for this division. Sheva looked really small compared to her.
they're all scared of cyborg, she would beat every single one of them pretty easily.

first tate and holm were down to fight cyborg at 145, tate hasn't said anything and now holm's camp is like "yes at 135"

cyborg is too muscular to fight at 135, I would love to see her fight ronda
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 22:38   #1889
Sage
Phase 2
 
Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
Khabib is gonna beat everyone comfortably I think. Haven't seen so much of him, but he looks like a monster.

I love Conor, but light weight have a looot of bad match ups for him.
conor should stick to 145 where his power overwhelms the smaller dudes

although I expect him to fight at 170 again (probably vs GSP) if he beats nate diaz.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 22:56   #1890
MilanMB
Serendipity
 
MilanMB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso, Cutrone.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
there you go calling it a fluke again Grazie holm for that wonderful fight
+1

It was a beautiful performance from Holm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
conor should stick to 145 where his power overwhelms the smaller dudes

although I expect him to fight at 170 again (probably vs GSP) if he beats nate diaz.
I fail to see how he can continue making 145, he's to big, especially not after being at 170.

Good fights for him at 145 though: Aldo2, Edgar, Holloway and Pettis who recently moved down IIRC.

I don't see a GSP vs Conor fight happening tbh.


Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 22:59   #1891
MilanMB
Serendipity
 
MilanMB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso, Cutrone.
Default

We've actually not seen Conor at 155 yet. His power will overwhelm the fighters there as well. Don't take fucking terminator Nate az an example lol.

155 is bad for him because of the style of the fighters. Alvarez, RDA, Khabib will all grind on him. I think he'll knock out Ferguson, Cowboy etc.


Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 23:33   #1892
MilanMB
Serendipity
 
MilanMB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso, Cutrone.
Default

omg cain velasquez at 3:22



Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2016, 07:08   #1893
Az.
Se7en
 
Az.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
khabib and tony ferguson deserve it more than he does

tony ferguson already beat him, khabib would beat him comfortably IMO.
While i agree that Khabib is a good fighter, in what way he deserves it more? His only respectable win since he got in the UFC is Rafael dos Anjos. In his last fight he beat another nobody in Darrell Horcher who gave him a lot of trouble mind you.

Tony ferguson i agree should get the next title shot, that's why i said that Barboza needs one more win (hell even two wins, would be fair), not that he should have it now.


Signature
Az. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2016, 16:22   #1894
Curupira
AC Milan Icon
 
Curupira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
there you go calling it a fluke again Grazie holm for that wonderful fight

maybe if ronda changed coaches she could beat holm but if she stays with the galliani of coaches..then holm is going to beat her again.

whenever she tried to throw her in the fight it didnt work, and ronda can't wrestle.

anyways I don't think ronda is gonna fight holm IF she comes back, probably a straight title shot vs nunes or whoever is holding the belt by that time
I didn't say it's not a wonderful fight and Holms didn't have a great game plan.

With literally any other coaches or camp, Ronda would have came to that fight with a different strategy which is why I considered it a fluke. Not because I think Ronda can best Holly easily but rather her coach put up the DUMBEST possible game plan, and I don't expect that to happen again if they fought again.

"When she tried to throws it didn't work" it was because she had already tried to stand there and strike and was made to look silly. None of her "throw attempts" that fight were very well set-up nor had the angle that she needed. If Ronda fought similar to how Tate did approaching the Holly fight, the result would have been different.

Once again, I am not using "fluke" in a sense of it was BS like a flash knockout, more in a sense that something with extremely small likelihood to happen, happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
they're all scared of cyborg, she would beat every single one of them pretty easily.

first tate and holm were down to fight cyborg at 145, tate hasn't said anything and now holm's camp is like "yes at 135"

cyborg is too muscular to fight at 135, I would love to see her fight ronda
Not too muscular, she'd have trouble making it period and be effective for the fight. Miesha and Holly's camp both said they'd be willing to take on Cyborg at 145 but they quickly realized how stupid that was after their fighter was exposed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
btw, curupira

Around the time when Holm and Conor both lost on submission, Holm was praised for not tapping. I don't understand that, when you're loosing, why not tap?

Alright if it's a choke, but remember when Nogeira didn't tap vs Mir? He broke his fucking arm. What's the point of that??
With Big Nog, he has always been a tough competitor and is someone that I respect a lot and also come from the old school, so I don't want to crap talk him.

However, that mentality that if you "tap" you are a bitch or whatever (especially on limb cranks and not chokes) is really that new mma fan BS mentality that I hate. Most people do not understand grappling and it's really some savagery mentality, although there are exceptions

If a fighter had a realistic plan to escape, I understand not tapping. In both cases of Holly and Conor, neither had a realistic solution to escape the position. In which case you are only prolonging your suffering and going out "on your own terms" I suppose. It's a pointless display of bravado that basically says, "I didn't surrender".

In the case of Sage Northcutt, he should not have tapped, anybody above blue belt level knows he was not in any danger and could have easily gotten out.


Signature
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2016, 19:02   #1895
MilanMB
Serendipity
 
MilanMB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso, Cutrone.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curupira View Post
With Big Nog, he has always been a tough competitor and is someone that I respect a lot and also come from the old school, so I don't want to crap talk him.

However, that mentality that if you "tap" you are a bitch or whatever (especially on limb cranks and not chokes) is really that new mma fan BS mentality that I hate. Most people do not understand grappling and it's really some savagery mentality, although there are exceptions
https://youtu.be/JzQhI7WNBN0?t=3783

I mean, Renzo Gracie isn't exactly new generation.

And it's not so much that you're a bitch if you tap, it's more that you are tough if you DON'T tap. Silly nonetheless.

Quote:
In the case of Sage Northcutt, he should not have tapped, anybody above blue belt level knows he was not in any danger and could have easily gotten out.
This guy is of an different opinion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjjCvU33jas


Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2016, 19:23   #1896
Curupira
AC Milan Icon
 
Curupira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
https://youtu.be/JzQhI7WNBN0?t=3783

I mean, Renzo Gracie isn't exactly new generation.

And it's not so much that you're a bitch if you tap, it's more that you are tough if you DON'T tap. Silly nonetheless.

This guy is of an different opinion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjjCvU33jas
Rener said HE DID NOT TAP TOO FAST. He also said that it could have been escaped and maybe he shouldn't have tapped if he began working the proper defense, but he did add the caveat that in retrospect any technique can be escaped.

I stand by my original comment, the Von Flue or inverted Von Flue choke are low % chokes. For a fundamentally sound Blue Belt and above, if you begin working the correct defense for that choke, it is very low % and usually the guy will give it up or use your defense to set up his next move. Sage did not react at all in terms of proper defense.

But then again, he is a Daddy's boy who trains with Gracie Barra (in BJJ world, GB is a big team but they are ran like franchises, must buy their gear, and a lot of their schools cater to more of a family setting instead of competitive ones). There are high level GB schools, but the one he trains at is not one of them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I still firmly believe if you are caught with no way out, the smart and responsible thing to do is to tap. But keep in mind, I also don't fight for a living so I can't really speak on how MMA fighters should approach this. Also in BJJ, you get paid less money (couple of hundred at most couple of G's unless you are a BJJ superstar, then you are looking at maybe 10gs) for tournaments. Therefore, most BJJ pros compete quite often and injury would set them back quite a bit. Which is why BJJ guys are less likely to risk it all unless its for a really prestigious title or big prize money.

The really old school Vale Tudo generation holds that believe as well about being tough.

My biggest gripe is not with fighter themselves holding these views because at the end of the day it is their body and they can do what they wish. The thing that grinds my gears the most is when fans call fighters "pussy", "wuss", "quitter", etc. when the fighter tap.


Signature

Last edited by Curupira; 25-07-2016 at 19:28.
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2016, 19:33   #1897
MilanMB
Serendipity
 
MilanMB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso, Cutrone.
Default

The pussy, quitter, wuss thing is just silly and I don't think anyone takes those seriously. And I agree with you that anyone are free to do what they want with their body, I don't judge. But I simply can't understand how someone would let their arm och leg break, when they know that they can't escape.

Regarding sage, I don't know much about bjj, so I don't really have an opinion. Just remember seeing that vid when sage lost on sub.


Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2016, 20:04   #1898
Curupira
AC Milan Icon
 
Curupira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
The pussy, quitter, wuss thing is just silly and I don't think anyone takes those seriously. And I agree with you that anyone are free to do what they want with their body, I don't judge. But I simply can't understand how someone would let their arm och leg break, when they know that they can't escape.

Regarding sage, I don't know much about bjj, so I don't really have an opinion. Just remember seeing that vid when sage lost on sub.
Overall, with Sage it just seems his dad is a huge annoyance.

Did you hear about him sparring with Ilya Grad who is an Israeli Muay Thai champion?

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/6/13...-a-serious-gym

The sparring footage that is in question:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY0c26_rwY8

In his last fight, you can also see his dad in the corner trying to get some words in and at some point you can tell Sage looking over hoping his dad would shut up.


Signature

Last edited by Curupira; 25-07-2016 at 20:12.
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2016, 20:27   #1899
MilanMB
Serendipity
 
MilanMB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso, Cutrone.
Default

Yeah I've heard something about this, but never seen any articles or vids.

This was hilarious, Ilya didn't do anything out of line. Sage was the one pushing the pace from what I could see. I actually watched that whole vid waiting for something to happen

Don't hate on Sage because his father is an imbecile.


Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2016, 20:29   #1900
MilanMB
Serendipity
 
MilanMB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso, Cutrone.
Default

@(arab) sage

If Northcutt becomes a huge star, you'll have to change your name brah.


Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 15:18.





Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.