Official: Friendlies

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Such a satisfying feeling beating Barca, the ESPN commentators, and all the Barca fans in the stadium who started watching football circa 2015.

jurinius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Cafu Boban Pirlo Inzaghi Shevchenko Leonardo Van Basten Ambrosini
*subs Suso off*
*team flows*
*scores goal*

wtf how
Same good oldies :lol:
Kessie is essential, the problem is not him but how he manages his energy during the game and during the season, because when he has no gaz... ? unsupportable decisions.
I really like Hakan vision in game and I will always say that, the guy is probably the only one who can release a proper ball in this team (Anyone has his pass accuracy stats last season ? 2 part of the season ofc ).
Happy for Silva, a pure 9 goal. the 69 is doing him good.
As much as I hate Zapata, we will probably see him more often on the pitch... just sayin

Last edited:

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Summary:

-As I said before Locatelli is an anchor not a regista. If we want a pure regista might as well go for Sandro Tonali. Otherwise Locatelli needs to practice 1-touch-and-pass.

- Good that Andre Silva scored but that does not take away how bad he was. Kid needs serious playing time or nice to know you.

- Borini? One play defines his whole game his failed trick in the second half. I could not help myself laughing my ass off.

-It is clear 1 thing we need a LCM/Mezzala badly. We cannot afford to waste Hakan in midfield nor we can field Borini as winger.

- Mauri brought the right attitude. Ship Bertolacci away.

- Now talking about Barcelona, why it is not a surprise that another PUSSY came out from lamasia (las sissies) this kid Ricard Puig has great technique but he is what exemplifies Uefalona, Diving and diving if nothing else works. Also, if they do not want Rafinha we should take a shot to him.

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
I saw shit things. I saw good things.

So, in summary, I saw a pre-season game.

4ccnnLy.gif

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
it was a good performance even at 0-0.

the defence was great. Hakan is definitely not a CM.

the full backs were quite good. im very pleased.

suso, silva and cutrone were poor tho.

cb's were ok, overall defense was bad. barca toyed us in our half whole match and we couldn't do anything about it.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
it was a good performance even at 0-0.

the defence was great. Hakan is definitely not a CM.

the full backs were quite good. im very pleased.

suso, silva and cutrone were poor tho.

No, it was bad. Donnaruma, Romagnoli and Kessie were good. Zapata, Abate and Mauri were decent. The rest were bad with exception of Borini who was just damn awful.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That is the kind of talent we think locatelli is lol

He only dived once (kessie). Anyways it doesn’t change the fact that he was the best player on the pitch when he was subbed on

Twice. Jose Mauri pull out his leg and the kid flying like the little LA-Masia sissies always do. I cannot wait what Casemiro is going to do with him if he ever get minutes in El Clasico.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
So Milan beat Barca?

1-0?

Ashamed of most fans in today’s match posts

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
except stop them scoring :monto:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Mm.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
So happy Grintuso played #69 instead of Kalinic

jon

The Matrix
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli, Cutrone, De Bruyne
CLEAN SHEET... looking forward to August 19

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
So Milan beat Barca?

1-0?

Ashamed of most fans in today’s match posts

Barely beat Barca's B team, don't get carried away now.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Same good oldies :lol:
Kessie is essential, the problem is not him but how he manages his energy during the game and during the season, because when he has no gaz... ? unsupportable decisions.
I really like Hakan vision in game and I will always say that, the guy is probably the only one who can release a proper ball in this team (Anyone has his pass accuracy stats last season ? 2 part of the season ofc ).
Happy for Silva, a pure 9 goal. the 69 is doing him good.
As much as I hate Zapata, we will probably see him more often on the pitch... just sayin

Un-hate Zapata, since last summer and especially since Gattuso took over he is a different player.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
That Puig was a right little bitch.

Nothing surprising considering he's from La Masia/plays for Barcelona.

Good to see we won. I got too drunk and went to bed so glad I didn't miss too much

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Embarrasing performance against barca B team. What we need the most is another coach.

Well we can play better than this no doubt with Gattuso, but competition for top 4 will be fierce this season.

A top coach like Conte would go a long way to achieving that with the current squad.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
coach would help but with our attack nothing will really change
if suso, borini and cutrone cant win 1on1, keep ball for longer time create danger situation where other team needs to focus on defending then always we will get pressure on our midfield and defenders.
less you attack more you are attacked in modern football.

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
coach would help but with our attack nothing will really change
if suso, borini and cutrone cant win 1on1, keep ball for longer time create danger situation where other team needs to focus on defending then always we will get pressure on our midfield and defenders.
less you attack more you are attacked in modern football.

This also has to do with how rino is spacing the players on the field, especially in the midfield. He needs to switch that up or pressing and midfield overloads will cause Milan to struggle.

Sure, pace, 1 on 1 ability etc help, but better tactics will maximize the potential Milan has at the moment.

ZBoban

Milan Icon
Reaction score
That Puig kid will be something else. Gattuso drooling all over him after game.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So I went to the game, and here's what I saw:

Donna -- Much more secure. He's still clumsy with his feet, but he was much calmer than against Spurs.

Calabria -- Tough game, lots of pressure, but handled it. I think according to fans today, if the other team has a lot of possession, that means the defense sucked. Calabria did fine, the team was under siege.

Musa -- He really blows hot-and-cold. He is a good defender. He has all the tools. I just think he's overthinking things. There are times where he is just smooth, but then sometimes he is rash. I think he's trying to really prove himself and stake his spot in the squad. I think if he calmed down, he'd be a very good defender.

Roma -- What is there to say? He's shown that he is class. Simple.

RR -- Didn't get chance to push up, especially as the left side was particularly weak. Defensively, he did his job, well. Acting like he was this horrible player is weird to me, especially since Hakan and Borini left him exposed more than usual.

Kessie -- I'm usually his biggest defender, his first half, his passing was abysmal. He worked hard. Recovered balls. He is our engine, but, my God, bad passing. Oddly, towards the end of the game, his passes were far sharper. But him and Locatelli both had a problem: Hakan at LCM.

Locatelli -- Similar first half like against Spurs, a little worse. He did not have options to pass, their midfield overran us. Gattuso needs to work out how to deal with 5 man midfields, they overwhelm us. Though, this might have been made to look worse due to Hakan.

Hakan -- I'm a huge Hakan fan, but he's not a LCM. Stop putting him in your formations as an LCM. That's not his position. He was worse than against Spurs. He works hard for an attacking player, but not enough for a CM. He doesn't keep the shape, and it made Locatelli and Kessie have to do more work than the formation was designed for. It was bad. He's great in attack, no doubt, but he's not an LCM, he's just not.

Suso -- Today was one of those "Suso from the second half of 17/18" type of games. Doesn't use his right foot early enough. Hangs onto the ball too much. Lack of pace shows. Delivery is poor. Bad day at the office.

Cutrone -- Worked hard. Didn't do much. Isolated. Part of that was Suso being bad. Part of that was the odd use of our players. Honestly, Hakan being LCM really hurt the shape of the team, because he couldn't be an outlet of pressure, and so Cutrone got starved of service. Which brings me to...

Borini -- He is crap. He would just get in the way, he wouldn't move, he didn't open up space, he was terrible. I don't think TV would give you the full view of how annoying he was. He would work hard in one spot and when we would break, he would run parallel to Hakan, which would just clog up lanes, making it easier for Barca to defend. He also should have buried that chance. When our attack is as toothless as it is, this is why things go bad.

Zapata -- Did well. Sturdy. Gives you more confidence than Musa, it has to be said.

Antonelli -- He is a solid LB. I don't think we need him anymore with RR and Strinic now, honestly. He would be a great pickup for any team in Serie A, if I'm being honest.

Abate -- Did much better than against Spurs. Much more reliable today, even if it was a short cameo.

Mauri -- You have to admire his grit. He works so hard and he covers a lot of ground. His passing needs work, and his positioning is sometimes off. I dunno, I have this feeling we might see more of Mauri this season. I'm probably wrong, but I get this sense he is going to play more this season.

Halilovic -- I'm actually glad I get to write about him. If he was on this Barca side, he would have been playing keep-away with the rest of them. He really didn't do anything. The only interesting thing was that when he came on with Mauri, the team played a 4-3-2-1/4-2-3-1 sorta formation. I still don't see the passing, but I do see the skill.

Bonaventura -- Honestly, when he came on, there seemed to be more passing. He lost the ball a few times, but the posture of the team was much better. He's actually important to the side, and I think he's much better suited to midfield than Hakan. When he came on, Hakan moved to his LMish position and the team did much better.

Andre effing Silva -- He lost the ball a few times. He was isolated, just like Cutrone. He took the ball, and tried to do his CR7 impression in the box. To be fair, he didn't really have an option. But he actually makes the right runs. He blows hot-and-cold. Sometimes his touch is sublime, then he has the touch of a donkey. However, one thing that, to me, marks a good striker: all it takes is one moment, can you finish? He did. Sure, it was just a friendly, but it was a goal, and strikers are defined by them, it dominates their psyche and he got it. I hope he can grow into the potential that people saw in him.

Here's the thing about this Milan team, that the last two friendly games show: when you don't have an attacking threat, the rest of the team suffers. There is more pressure on the midfield, then when you play Hakan as an LCM, the midfield crumbles even more, because it can't defend properly, since it has this huge hole, and Borini and Suso aren't providing the means to be a "release valve" for pressure. They're not fast, so they invite pressure, but they also didn't retain possession. When we did, we could actually hit Barca pretty bad.

I think our biggest strength this season will be our defense. They were very well drilled. The midfield is experimental, so you are not sure what will happen. I think with an outlet like Higuain, Hakan and Suso will feast on that. Higuain will really make teams think twice about pushing high lines. It will be interesting to see how Milan performs against Madrid on the 11th.

Anyway, hope this helps, take care.

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo

Donna -- Much more secure. He's still clumsy with his feet, but he was much calmer than against Spurs.

Calabria -- Tough game, lots of pressure, but handled it. I think according to fans today, if the other team has a lot of possession, that means the defense sucked. Calabria did fine, the team was under siege.

Musa -- He really blows hot-and-cold. He is a good defender. He has all the tools. I just think he's overthinking things. There are times where he is just smooth, but then sometimes he is rash. I think he's trying to really prove himself and stake his spot in the squad. I think if he calmed down, he'd be a very good defender.

RR -- Didn't get chance to push up, especially as the left side was particularly weak. Defensively, he did his job, well. Acting like he was this horrible player is weird to me, especially since Hakan and Borini left him exposed more than usual.

Kessie -- I'm usually his biggest defender, his first half, his passing was abysmal. He worked hard. Recovered balls. He is our engine, but, my God, bad passing. Oddly, towards the end of the game, his passes were far sharper. But him and Locatelli both had a problem: Hakan at LCM.

Locatelli -- Similar first half like against Spurs, a little worse. He did not have options to pass, their midfield overran us. Gattuso needs to work out how to deal with 5 man midfields, they overwhelm us. Though, this might have been made to look worse due to Hakan.

Hakan -- I'm a huge Hakan fan, but he's not a LCM. Stop putting him in your formations as an LCM. That's not his position. He was worse than against Spurs. He works hard for an attacking player, but not enough for a CM. He doesn't keep the shape, and it made Locatelli and Kessie have to do more work than the formation was designed for. It was bad. He's great in attack, no doubt, but he's not an LCM, he's just not.

Suso -- Today was one of those "Suso from the second half of 17/18" type of games. Doesn't use his right foot early enough. Hangs onto the ball too much. Lack of pace shows. Delivery is poor. Bad day at the office.

Cutrone -- Worked hard. Didn't do much. Isolated. Part of that was Suso being bad. Part of that was the odd use of our players. Honestly, Hakan being LCM really hurt the shape of the team, because he couldn't be an outlet of pressure, and so Cutrone got starved of service. Which brings me to...

Borini -- He is crap. He would just get in the way, he wouldn't move, he didn't open up space, he was terrible. I don't think TV would give you the full view of how annoying he was. He would work hard in one spot and when we would break, he would run parallel to Hakan, which would just clog up lanes, making it easier for Barca to defend. He also should have buried that chance. When our attack is as toothless as it is, this is why things go bad.

Zapata -- Did well. Sturdy. Gives you more confidence than Musa, it has to be said.

Antonelli -- He is a solid LB. I don't think we need him anymore with RR and Strinic now, honestly. He would be a great pickup for any team in Serie A, if I'm being honest.

Abate -- Did much better than against Spurs. Much more reliable today, even if it was a short cameo.

Mauri -- You have to admire his grit. He works so hard and he covers a lot of ground. His passing needs work, and his positioning is sometimes off. I dunno, I have this feeling we might see more of Mauri this season. I'm probably wrong, but I get this sense he is going to play more this season.

Halilovic -- I'm actually glad I get to write about him. If he was on this Barca side, he would have been playing keep-away with the rest of them. He really didn't do anything. The only interesting thing was that when he came on with Mauri, the team played a 4-3-2-1/4-2-3-1 sorta formation. I still don't see the passing, but I do see the skill.

Bonaventura -- Honestly, when he came on, there seemed to be more passing. He lost the ball a few times, but the posture of the team was much better. He's actually important to the side, and I think he's much better suited to midfield than Hakan. When he came on, Hakan moved to his LMish position and the team did much better.

Andre effing Silva -- He lost the ball a few times. He was isolated, just like Cutrone. He took the ball, and tried to do his CR7 impression in the box. To be fair, he didn't really have an option. But he actually makes the right runs. He blows hot-and-cold. Sometimes his touch is sublime, then he has the touch of a donkey. However, one thing that, to me, marks a good striker: all it takes is one moment, can you finish? He did. Sure, it was just a friendly, but it was a goal, and strikers are defined by them, it dominates their psyche and he got it. I hope he can grow into the potential that people saw in him.

Here's the thing about this Milan team, that the last two friendly games show: when you don't have an attacking threat, the rest of the team suffers. There is more pressure on the midfield, then when you play Hakan as an LCM, the midfield crumbles even more, because it can't defend properly, since it has this huge hole, and Borini and Suso aren't providing the means to be a "release valve" for pressure. They're not fast, so they invite pressure, but they also didn't retain possession. When we did, we could actually hit Barca pretty bad.

I think our biggest strength this season will be our defense. They were very well drilled. The midfield is experimental, so you are not sure what will happen. I think with an outlet like Higuain, Hakan and Suso will feast on that. Higuain will really make teams think twice about pushing high lines. It will be interesting to see how Milan performs against Madrid on the 11th.

Thank you!

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

:thumbsup:

How was the atmosphere and the experiece?

Schedule