Bryan Cristante Thread

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
he gave him a go last year and he looked good

and he was on the bench against Barca. If he has enough to end up on the bench in that big a game I would think he is good enough to start the next Coppa game

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

and he was on the bench against Barca. If he has enough to end up on the bench in that big a game I would think he is good enough to start the next Coppa game

he let him come on fir like 5 mins...

making bench doesnt mean much by the way...

edit- no criticism of him. I wanna see him as much as the next milan fan, just trying to curb expectations. He's so young

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu

Next Coppa game would be next season. He would probably have started featuring as sub in Serie A games by then.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
he let him come on fir like 5 mins...

making bench doesnt mean much by the way...

edit- no criticism of him. I wanna see him as much as the next milan fan, just trying to curb expectations. He's so young

I think he will struggle in the senior team at first. Young playmakers usually do. In the youth team he is the man, they move for him and the team kinda revolves around him... In the first team he will be the last one.

Though if he has the talent he will find a way eventually

Sc8eR

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Gerard, SeS
He is like Montolivo 2.0 with better shot and better long balls

belloefamoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Galliani: "Cristante will be a part of the first team next season. He deserves it.

Allegri: "Cristante has to grow, and keep his feet on the ground. He can still improve a lot.

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Galliani: "Cristante will be a part of the first team next season. He deserves it.

Allegri: "Cristante has to grow, and keep his feet on the ground. He can still improve a lot.

I don't know if those are new quotes, are they?

I really want to know what Allegri means about Cristante needs to grow. It really seems that Cristante OVERALL ability, attitude, things related to football game has not yet convinced Allegri to give Cristante even some minutes from the bench.

I wonder if Allegri wants that Cristante really grows into a excellent footballer/midfielder [like he 'prevents' Cristante to get play in order to optimize his development].

Morrissey

Primavera
Reaction score

I really want to know what Allegri means about Cristante needs to grow. It really seems that Cristante OVERALL ability, attitude, things related to football game has not yet convinced Allegri to give Cristante even some minutes from the bench.

I wonder if Allegri wants that Cristante really grows into a excellent footballer/midfielder [like he 'prevents' Cristante to get play in order to optimize his development].

It's post match interview of Viareggio cup final yesterday. So it's new. And allegri always says "he's still young. he needs to grow. He has a lot of room to improve" when he interviews
about young players (as I recall he said something very similar about Ses, Niang, balotelli this season.) Maybe he says these kind of comments to keep their feet on the ground. IDK. but It's really important for young players who get famous so early in their career and allegri knows it.

So I dont think this comment has an underlying meaning like he thinks cristante is too young or isnt competent enough to be in the first team. It means literally Cristante is still young and has to keep growing IMO.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Relax guys, Al's got this. The man knows what he's doing.

belloefamoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
It's post match interview of Viareggio cup final yesterday. So it's new. And allegri always says "he's still young. he needs to grow. He has a lot of room to improve" when he interview about young players (as I recall he said something very similar about Ses, Niang, balotelli this season.) Maybe he says these kind of comments to keep their feet on the ground. IDK. but It's really important for young players who get famous so early in their career and allegri knows it.

So I dont think this comment has an underlying meaning like he thinks cristante is too young or isnt competent enough to be in the first team. It means literally Cristante is still young and has to keep growing IMO.

yeah. exactly.
allegri rates cristante very high. but he is 18 years old. he has special talent. but to become professional player and good enough for milan, talent isn't good.
sciglio debutted serie when he's 20 years old ( against chievo match 10.04.2012)(sciglio promoted first team 2011 and training first team whole season, only play 2 game in champions league) so its so early for cristante get some minute in serie a. we need to patience and allegri know how manager young player. (allegri is very good to insert young player in firts team on time: merkel, sciglio, shaarawy, niang). let believe him!!!

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
It's post match interview of Viareggio cup final yesterday. So it's new. And allegri always says "he's still young. he needs to grow. He has a lot of room to improve" when he interviews
about young players (as I recall he said something very similar about Ses, Niang, balotelli this season.) Maybe he says these kind of comments to keep their feet on the ground. IDK. but It's really important for young players who get famous so early in their career and allegri knows it.

Thank you mate. What you said really makes sense and I support it. Allegri has been pretty optimal at making out the best from our youngsters. They all have excellent attitude and are down to earth.

Relax guys, Al's got this. The man knows what he's doing.

yeah. exactly.
allegri rates cristante very high. but he is 18 years old. he has special talent. but to become professional player and good enough for milan, talent isn't good.
sciglio debutted serie when he's 20 years old ( against chievo match 10.04.2012)(sciglio promoted first team 2011 and training first team whole season, only play 2 game in champions league) so its so early for cristante get some minute in serie a. we need to patience and allegri know how manager young player. (allegri is very good to insert young player in firts team on time: merkel, sciglio, shaarawy, niang). let believe him!!!

Yeah, it is true what you said guys. Allegri is like the Godfather for the youngsters. He knows the right time to utilize youngsters' potential.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Wasn't he subbed on in a chl match before?

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

1. thing allegri is doing that pep and to a lesser degree fergie do with youth.

He won't play em till they develop right ALL Around habits.

By that i mean defending, tactical positioning.

Cristante might be a better passer than most our midfield, doenst mean he's better now. once you gt a kid into lineup and he's got bad habits and knwos he doesn't have to work as hard on other aspects it's REALLY hard to re-train them.

Could you imagine SES or Niang tracking/working this hard if he didn't force it upon them. Reward effort level w/ playing time

if you look at barcelona for ex.... a reason cesc is struggling to consistently play despite being amazing is he doesn't get theirt defensive concepts as well as others. And same w/ thiago alcatanra, and i think we all agree both are very talented
-

also kids 18. He may be tall, but i guarentee you guys like flamini and muntari (much stronger) would light his ass up. Dealing w/ lack of muscle etc.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
a couple of years ago..vs....Viktoria Plzen ?

yea that is what i thought. Then am sure allegri will give some playing time next season. I guess he is aware of the his talent

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
Cristante to join us in the starting XI next season :proud:

Can't wait, Allegri the Godfather and Galliani the Mob Boss :thumbsup:

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

Cristante might be a better passer than most our midfield, doenst mean he's better now. once you gt a kid into lineup and he's got bad habits and knwos he doesn't have to work as hard on other aspects it's REALLY hard to re-train them.

Could you imagine SES or Niang tracking/working this hard if he didn't force it upon them. Reward effort level w/ playing time

if you look at barcelona for ex.... a reason cesc is struggling to consistently play despite being amazing is he doesn't get theirt defensive concepts as well as others. And same w/ thiago alcatanra, and i think we all agree both are very talented
-

also kids 18. He may be tall, but i guarentee you guys like flamini and muntari (much stronger) would light his ass up. Dealing w/ lack of muscle etc.

The bold parts do make sense. Cristane might lack of something or probably few things of all around of expected ability, it could be his defensive effort is still not enough especially seeing he has been playing now as first defender before the opponents face our central backs. Niang and El Sha are really hardworking including when it is about helping the defense and both are attackers, a anchor should give better than that.

I though doubt the blue part, he might not have big muscle but he is not thin, I have confidence that he is not easy to take down by the opponent like Muntari, Flamini like you said [of course both players should win against Cristante but they need to work hard to do that IMO]

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
The bold parts do make sense. Cristane might lack of something or probably few things of all around of expected ability, it could be his defensive effort is still not enough especially seeing he has been playing now as first defender before the opponents face our central backs. Niang and El Sha are really hardworking including when it is about helping the defense and both are attackers, a anchor should give better than that.

I though doubt the blue part, he might not have big muscle but he is not thin, I have confidence that he is not easy to take down by the opponent like Muntari, Flamini like you said [of course both players should win against Cristante but they need to work hard to do that IMO]

And that's all I'm saying.... we need patience

It is absolutely VITAL you develop right habits in youngsters like El Shaarawy, like Niang.

Not the wrong ones with overhype like Pato

Arie_14

The Athlete
Reaction score
Reading all of post from you guys make me stop tweeting to @ACMILAN every day : 'Please play Christante, mister Allegri'

:D

Jawad

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
what happened to that teen player Hachim Mastour, was he playing in the tournimate, how did he perform, i didn't hear much about him as he was supposed to be in the first team as well next season.

inomilan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
what happened to that teen player Hachim Mastour, was he playing in the tournimate, how did he perform, i didn't hear much about him as he was supposed to be in the first team as well next season.
I think he was injured. I also think that he's not in that age bracket and I don't believe those rumours of us saying that we wanted him to play next season.

Jawad

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I think he was injured. I also think that he's not in that age bracket and I don't believe those rumours of us saying that we wanted him to play next season.

Yeah i checked he is just 14, turning 15 next june, damn i thought he was 16 or something, this kid could be huge, too bad he is still too young.

Tidalwave

Shredder
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka' #22, Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, De Sciglio, Sheva, Ibra, Balotelli, De Rossi, Montolivo.
is this just me, or cristante's face look likes acerbi without mole and mustache? :lol:

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present

-

Cesc is poor defensively because Wenger gave him a free pass on not to do it, once Wenger moved him further forward.

Schedule