Gennaro Gattuso Thread

When is the first clash between Gattuso and Zamparini?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
The complete opposite, infact we're probably playing the most aesthetic football in the league.

Our play should have put us higher in the table, we have had no luck so far tbh.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Yeah, three draws that really should have been wins. Sadly our defence have not been on par, Bonucci's presence is missing and when you have Calabria, Musa and Rodriquez as defenders you know it's gonna be shaky. Derby win is very important for momentum, but either way I think we're gonna get better as the season progress.

Only bad game this season is the one vs Napoli, we sucked all game there IMO.

b@D~HorsiE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tendulkar, Maldini, Damon Hill, Gattuso, Leander Paes, Jim Courier, LT.
Derby week

89093c1b010a0aaeb79564a10fb6de56.jpg

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
“He has something different, he looks at you and you can feel how much he loves football," Pipita replied.

“He’s trying to get the best out of me, and I really appreciate those who do that with me. The team is behind him, he’s a very intense person who would die for his players.

“I don’t think all Coaches are like that, there aren’t many of them and it’s an honour to be coached by him. I made the right choice, because he’s making me better.

“Sarri is the Coach who made me feel the best and Gattuso is a lot like him. He has this crazy desire to win and I like that.”

Lol! Truth be told, he does come across being that way. Coaches like Pep and Capello wont give 2 fucks abt you on a human level, if yr making them look good they will sing yr praises but as soon as you dip in form their knife will be in yr back. Gattuso doesnt strike you as that kind, he'll stand by and help even away from football!

All round good guy Gattuso.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Needs to be sacked ASAP if we want to qualify for CL.

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
One game where he messed up all his subs. Donna should not start big games.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
Disappointing today.

Why 4-3-3 and not 4-4-2 when you put in Cutrone?

Bakayoko instead of out best player?

Abate??? Why?

Go 4-2-2 with Laxalt and Cutrone or put in Samu and keep 4-3-3 :fp:

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Made us look like absolute cowards. He is really not even a better coach than Pippo. Just has a lot better squad at his disposal which makes us look good from time to time.
Absolutely no reason to believe that he's ever gonna have a successful career coaching a top club

indo

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
First I will not bash this guy, however he is still our legend, but everything Never last forever, maybe this is the right time.
The losing to inter is only a result, but the point is I just can’t stand on how our team to play with this guy, like a textbook, from 1 game to another, from the first minute till the end of 90’s. It is always the same, short pass from goalie to the side, whatever the situation maybe that’s is like our template. I just can’t understand either how he is barely change his tactic during the game, with often the same formation and not so fluid or flexible. #gattusoout

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
I like Gattuso, I like the human qualities that he has. So I propose we make him the new Tassotti... our assistant manager for the next 20 years.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Sad to say but yeah... Think he has to go though like the suggestion of making him assistant coach ...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9
Gattuso should’ve gotten the fuck off since end of last season and I’m a huge fan of the player he was.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Kessie off for Bakayoko wtf is that decision?

Cutrone to LW??? Honestly embarrassing. If Cutrone doesn’t come on as a striker then don’t play him. Especially when you have a decent player in Castillejo on the bench. Moronic absolutely moronic.

Abate for Calabria... lmao that’s as pointless as it comes.

Starting Donnarumma every game even though he has been fucking useless is even worse than all of these though. Absolutely embarrassing decisions from Gattuso.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
abate came on to waste time not to fucking make a difference in our play. do you guys even watch games? cutrone in the wings was a bad choice but he had played there before too. our midfield and attack were absolute disaster. donnarumma is a joke, hope he is happy ruining his career and club for money. also wtf was musa thinking falling down like that? he had been absolute rock throughout the game and then he does that. bakayoko for once wasn't useless. kessie ruined almost all the ball he got and was one of the reason we weren't able to hold the ball at all. this is no doubt worst performace i've seen in a while and everyone should be ashamed of themselves. our defense for once looked good(not solid). calabria, roma and musa(except for that mistake) were amazing defensively.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
abate came on to waste time not to fucking make a difference in our play. do you guys even watch games? cutrone in the wings was a bad choice but he had played there before too. our midfield and attack were absolute disaster. donnarumma is a joke, hope he is happy ruining his career and club for money. also wtf was musa thinking falling down like that? he had been absolute rock throughout the game and then he does that. bakayoko for once wasn't useless. kessie ruined almost all the ball he got and was one of the reason we weren't able to hold the ball at all. this is no doubt worst performace i've seen in a while and everyone should be ashamed of themselves. our defense for once looked good(not solid). calabria, roma and musa(except for that mistake) were amazing defensively.

:conf:

Kessie was our best player and held onto the ball better than anyone on the pitch, not to mention he stole the ball from Inter a million times.

And any sub would waste time, why not make a sub that could actually mean something on the pitch as well?

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Kessie was our best player and held onto the ball better than anyone on the pitch, not to mention he stole the ball from Inter a million times.

And any sub would waste time, why not make a sub that could actually mean something on the pitch as well?
Yes, i saw it that way too.

He also reminded me how completely useless he is in front of goal.

Please dont shoot big guy, yo need 100 chances for a goal. Pass it.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
I wouldn't call for his head just yet. Let's see how things look in winter.

I also believe he truly gives the squad something and it'd be a shame to lose him completely. Just like I and others have suggested I believe an assistant role could be a good idea.

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yes, i saw it that way too.

He also reminded me how completely useless he is in front of goal.

Please dont shoot big guy, yo need 100 chances for a goal. Pass it.

He literally had one shot on goal at a tight angle, man marked.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
I wouldn't call for his head just yet. Let's see how things look in winter.

I also believe he truly gives the squad something and it'd be a shame to lose him completely. Just like I and others have suggested I believe an assistant role could be a good idea.

No he doesn't give us anything, expect comic relief when he plays the thought guy.

He was a shite coach before coming to Milan, he is a shite coach still. He didn't deserve his chance here, and he proved while here that he still doesn't deserve it.

The moment we get a proper coach, and let him dictate what players are needed to form a competitive team will be the day we are going to get back to the top, and not a minute sooner.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
To me it looks like he has high highs and low lows. The fact that so many players and staff has been praising him must count for something. There's a lot that we don't see, but obviously what we do see on the pitch is what's most important.

I won't judge him based on his coaching for a broke greek team I know nothing about and I think the squad has to take some responsibility for our wasted points this season. If we had won those games Gattuso would've been in a pretty good spot. His 6 months last season wasn't bad at all in terms of points.

That being said, I've been very disappointed in many of his subs and that's not a good sign at all. He also seems stubborn and not adaptive enough.

All in all I'd like to see where we are at the winter break. It wouldn't hurt if our management started working on a plan B in the background. No more knee jerk reactions

Last edited:

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

91st minute sub to mean something? kessie won duels and made that one superb block too but he lost ball countless of times doing unnecessary dribbles. we played like a scared team backpassing a lot and were too hasty/panicked when attacking. rr was unable to hold the ball too, calabria barely got forward. midfield was wide open all the time and midfielders and attackers were all over the place. also suso and hakan's first priority should be to look for teammates rather than shoot. gattuso is to blame here too, at half time he should have fixed these issues. we were afraid to press them high on the pitch and it cost us. maybe gattuso was too scared of icardi.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Bleh.

Subs weren't great, but people were acting like he threw this match in the bin and lost 8-0.

If Donnarumma wasn't incredibly shit (and don't say he should start Reina, there are clearly things going on behind the scenes), we would have drawn 0-0

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I have no problems with Gattuso. Every coach makes stupid subs.
But one thing really annoys me - this stupid passing in front of our goals.
Every team knows they need to press and dollar or someone else will make mistake.
Why the heck we keep doing it?

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Bleh.

Subs weren't great, but people were acting like he threw this match in the bin and lost 8-0.

If Donnarumma wasn't incredibly shit (and don't say he should start Reina, there are clearly things going on behind the scenes), we would have drawn 0-0
What of his tactics then?

What on earth possessed him to think that Cutrone on the wing was a good idea? Especially when we have actual fuckin wingers who could have come on.

What was the fuckin point of the Bakayoko sub? The Abate sub?

What is with that BS passing from the back with the GK with arguably the worst foot skills football has ever seen? Any fuckin decent team that can press will easily fuck us on that (and constantly has)

What's with continuing to play Donnarumma despite his many fuckups even though we have a better option on the bench?

Yet again we concede in the last moment. Bar a few wins against some chump teams we have seen fuck all improvement.

I am glad the players feel close to Rino and all, but its results on the pitch that matters. And we havent been getting those.

He has shown his tactical naivety time and time again and while I think he will eventually become a good coach, we fuckin cant afford the luxury to wait.

Tbf, I am tired of us constantly appointing noob coaches due to the nostalgia BS. Let's get a coach that fuckin knows how to win or otherwise just shut up talks once and for all about a CL spot. We have seen this story repeated too many times.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What of his tactics then?

What on earth possessed him to think that Cutrone on the wing was a good idea? Especially when we have actual fuckin wingers who could have come on.

What was the fuckin point of the Bakayoko sub? The Abate sub?

What is with that BS passing from the back with the GK with arguably the worst foot skills football has ever seen? Any fuckin decent team that can press will easily fuck us on that (and constantly has)

What's with continuing to play Donnarumma despite his many fuckups even though we have a better option on the bench?

Yet again we concede in the last moment. Bar a few wins against some chump teams we have seen fuck all improvement.

I am glad the players feel close to Rino and all, but its results on the pitch that matters. And we havent been getting those.

He has shown his tactical naivety time and time again and while I think he will eventually become a good coach, we fuckin cant afford the luxury to wait.

Tbf, I am tired of us constantly appointing noob coaches due to the nostalgia BS. Let's get a coach that fuckin knows how to win or otherwise just shut up talks once and for all about a CL spot. We have seen this story repeated too many times.
Sad but true.