Mattia De Sciglio Thread

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ
Showed a lot of character this game. I'm all against hyping him though - let's just say he played well and should get more chances next season. A learning experience.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Showed a lot of character this game. I'm all against hyping him though - let's just say he played well and should get more chances next season. A learning experience.

Yes. I've seem tons of better debutants in football that fail to show consistency. To show one-two enthusiastic games is one thing, show that weekin, week out is another.

Anyway it's a very good sign that he seems to have evolved a bit since his debut in CL.

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
he looked full of energy, and smart in my opinion, cuz he was careful when making his forward runs. and at times abate was caught out of position while he was fine on his flank. looking forward to seeing more of him...i should probably stick in the fact that i'll be disappointed when we don't see more of him. ah, i can see it coming. it's a shame that we have left a legend like Maldini, out in the rain, instead of hiring him as a assistant coach or even just a mentor for our youth defenders. the wealth of knowledge that is even objectively perceivable by us from Maldini is immense. imagine how much he would actually impart one on one to our defenders.

Last edited:

Milanista_7

#UCLDNA
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, T.Silva, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Romagnoli
lets just hope his injury isnt serious and he be able to play next week...

VultureNut

Expiring Contract
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Boban, Vultures, Any free transfers, Fodder, Sub-par Fodder.
I had tomorrow in mind when writing that. Not the present, maybe in the next 2 or so seasons.

I was referring to them both playing on the left wrt the extreme trolling. :lol:

Hondayum

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SEEDORF, Maldini, Sheva, Rino, Pirlo, Nesta, Kaka, Pippo, Baggio, Vieri, Totti
Thiago Silva, Alessandro Nesta, Mattia De Sciglio.

^ That's 3 out of 4. Just get a decent LB and we'll have a monster DF ready for next season!

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
showed great composure in a big game for a young player. and to top it off, he was playing out of his natural position.

he should stay next season and we should bring back Vila

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Watch when galliani sell 50% of him to genoa or chievo in exchange deal for some averge player:fp:

Well, we probably wont exchange him for an average player, we will exchange him for some attacker of pato, robinho, el sharaawy, cassano type which we really lack :fp::fp:

Last edited:

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
De Vito only showed something good only once, at least in official game (Coppa). Rally hard to judge a player based on one appearance.

Good to see De Sciglio got trust from Allegri, not only playing some minutes in 'useless' game like Coppa but starting the game in Serie A. Last year Merkel (and Strasser), this year De Sciglio. Injury plays important role why they played but quality must be the other crucial reason why Allegri chose them.

Too bad we don't have a B team or second team fulfilled mostly fulfilled with young players. We could probably promote more youth to our first team.

belloefamoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
De sciglio have quality to wear shirt'milan! Very smart, good speed, good both feet:proud::proud::proud:. :star::star::star::star:

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
excellent performance on the left side of the field, keep these kind of performances coming

just stay away from milanlab !!

VultureNut

Expiring Contract
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He's been labelled the New Tassotti on Milannews.it.

<insert Luis Enrique joke>

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
would like it if he put on some muscle, got a little bit too easily outmuscled by maicon (tho he's pretty strong himself) for me.

most impressive for me was his runs forward, i thought that an inexperienced youngster like himself would be resigned to defend all match instead of risky attacking runs.
but he proved me wrong. :thumbsup:

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
No muscle - havent we learned already.

With maturity he will fill out fine.

milanista1899

Solo Milan
Reaction score
I wish we had given given him the chance like 10 games earlier...he would have cemented his place...now that the season is almost over,i am afraid he might be forgotten until another injury crisis...

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
Good game from him last night.
A very positive thing is that he can play in both wings as RB and as LB. You need a player like that in your team.
Imagine if we get Ogbonda/Astori and Arcebi. Our defence would be good and once again Italian.
If I was Allegri I would NOT loan him next summer (we probably will) and play him as our second LB & RB. I mean is better to put him there to gain experience than Bonera.
Next year introduce the LB role to Urby and have them rotate.

We fucking need Nesta for one more year to teach the young folks defence.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Good game from him last night.
A very positive thing is that he can play in both wings as RB and as LB. You need a player like that in your team.
Imagine if we get Ogbonda/Astori and Arcebi. Our defence would be good and once again Italian.
If I was Allegri I would NOT loan him next summer (we probably will) and play him as our second LB & RB. I mean is better to put him there to gain experience than Bonera.
Next year introduce the LB role to Urby and have them rotate.

We fucking need Nesta for one more year to teach the young folks defence.

I agree with you but it is not possible.

littlewing

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
we will propably include him in some bullshit swap deal to get some finished/useless player for cheap, that´s how we do it here in milan.

VultureNut

Expiring Contract
Reaction score
Fav. Players
we will propably include him in some bullshit swap deal to get some finished/useless player for cheap, that´s how we do it here in milan.

Sadly that's what I fear.

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Im still not convinced by his defensive qualities since Buonaventure passed him with ease when he used trickery. I guess you really cant expect more from a 19 year old but if milan really has any intention of winning the CL (ugh, we already know they dont but lets just pretend they do) we would still need a transitional FB to keep us in the game till de sciglio is ready. After the derby i dont have any faith anymore with abate. Looking for him to suck for months now that he yet again screwed up the derby.

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
illadro, david alaba is 19 and he kicks ass on the left flank

to be fair tho, he grew in the bayern ranks, and they have had great youth players dominating football.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
illadro, david alaba is 19 and he kicks ass on the left flank

to be fair tho, he grew in the bayern ranks, and they have had great youth players dominating football.

I think we should give the confidence in De Sciglio to do the same as Alaba. In my opinion Abate is not good enough to play ahead of someone who could turn out to be a very good rightback for us, and for all we know De Sciglio may already be better than Abate (which is why he is not good enough reason to bench this kid).

Or we sign a very good rightback for a good deal, but I don't think we will. So it's good to do this for this position, since we won't for the other positions. Giving one position to a promising kid, is a good thing. Louis van Gaal style! Or Ajax style! Or both!

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
From what I've seen... De Sciglio in his few games played as well as Abate has all season pretty much.

He has age on his side(not that Abate is an old player) but De Sciglio could make rampant progression while Abate is seemingly stagnant if not getting worse.

It's a shame as Abate had potential but he isn't good enough for Milan. He has pace and that's it. Antonini this year and Leo's year has shown more defensive acumen.

I don't think we should sell him, he's a good backup but, hilariously enough, I'm firmly saying that De Sciglio should start instead of Abate.

peep

Banned
Reaction score
Abate was a product of us wanting him badly to succeed. Seeing him chase down the likes of CR7 excited everyone. Unfortunately, as a RB he is avearge at best. He lacks the majority of attributes you want and need from a solid back. De Sciglio will definitely surpass him in terms of quality. But how much, who knows? But might as well start working him now.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Abate was a product of us wanting him badly to succeed. Seeing him chase down the likes of CR7 excited everyone. Unfortunately, as a RB he is avearge at best. He lacks the majority of attributes you want and need from a solid back. De Sciglio will definitely surpass him in terms of quality. But how much, who knows? But might as well start working him now.

Exactly.

Abate doesn't have the presence, the consistency or the quality to be our RB. He cannot attack and his defensive ability is masked by speed. We could play Usain Bolt at RB and he'd do decently enough and all he'd have to do is stand infront of people and block crosses.

That's why I've been advocating Bonera at RB since the dawn of fucking time. I'd rather have a slow RB who can defend than a fast one who can't. They can both attack similarly well but Bonera allows nothing past while Abate is famed for his Hollywood retrieving tackles to give corners as he's fucked it up already.

Schedule