The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Transfers

AC Milan Transfers Everything related to AC Milan's transfer market goes in here. AC Milan rumours, dream signings and more.

View Poll Results: Where do you think Milan is going to end up at the end of the season?
1st place 39 36.45%
2nd place 7 6.54%
CL spot 59 55.14%
EL spot 2 1.87%
7th+ 0 0%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27-10-2020, 00:59   #21381
VultureSheva
Legendary Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan10 View Post
Rafael Leao has world class potential- I pray he realizes it.
Dribbling? Check.
Crossing? Check.
Goalscoring abilities? Check.
Pace? Check.
Tall? Check.
Unpredictable? Check.
Direct football player? Check.

I don't know those people who say he is not good, if they are watching the same player as me.
VultureSheva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2020, 01:12   #21382
IL Diavolo 3
Fester

Those kind of games will make you grow. It took figc a crooked coach to slow us down. That's fine we showed spirit and determination.

I like the reaction that the team isn't satisfied. This is the spirit.

Let us hope pioli rests as many as he can because udinese away is the toughest challenge thus far.

We struggle against a very physical side and a team that plays with two strikers.
IL Diavolo 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2020, 01:12   #21383
Jivara
Forza Milan

Joke-omelli

This nickname will stick with him
Jivara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2020, 01:14   #21384
Sven
Super Moderator

Covid is like a russian roulette over the team. It's going will take down players randomly for the whole season.

That's why I wanted extra depth this season or, like, that they would closed that damn CB for example. A few millions in wages to be safe in such unpredictable season would be a sound decision.

Anyway at this point I hope they're taking some CM and maybe some LB and CB from the primavera to train with the first team eventually. That croatian CM for example (if it's him the better of the bunch) may prove useful at some point.
Sven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2020, 01:15   #21385
milanator
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by VultureSheva View Post
Another poor performance by Calabria.
??? all things considered our best defender today.
milanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2020, 01:19   #21386
IL-Capitano
Legenda di AC Milan

Fav. Players: too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini

Disappointing draw but setbacks are inevitable there is far more to be optimistic about and one draw in 15 is very impressive by anyone?s standards. The great thing is this is just the beginning a potentially great team is being built and it will take time. The following statement from Maldini fills me with great hope

?If we?ll have a chance to strengthen the team in January we?ll do it. We know we are a competitive team but if there will be an opportunity to sign a player that can allow us to make a step forward we?ll try to sign him also because we didn?t spend what we could in the previous transfer window.?

I like this sentiment because it is the new policy the building will never stop Milan will always strive to be better however competitive the team is. This was what made Milan great before and will again. It will just take a little time. Trust in Maldini and Massara.
IL-Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2020, 01:19   #21387
VultureSheva
Legendary Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanator View Post
??? all things considered our best defender today.
Not really, lost many balls.
Old 27-10-2020, 01:21   #21388
VultureSheva
Legendary Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by IL-Capitano View Post
Disappointing draw but setbacks are inevitable there is far more to be optimistic about and one draw in 15 is very impressive by anyone?s standards. The great thing is this is just the beginning a potentially great team is being built and it will take time. The following statement from Maldini fills me with great hope

?If we?ll have a chance to strengthen the team in January we?ll do it. We know we are a competitive team but if there will be an opportunity to sign a player that can allow us to make a step forward we?ll try to sign him also because we didn?t spend what we could in the previous transfer window.?

I like this sentiment because it is the new policy the building will never stop Milan will always strive to be better however competitive the team is. This was what made Milan great before and will again. It will just take a little time. Trust in Maldini and Massara.
We had 15M for a defender, this money should be available for January too, if they can add more it becomes better.
Old 27-10-2020, 01:31   #21389
Hugh Janus
fanboy

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini SD

Quote:
Another poor performance by Calabria.
Are you blind?

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by IL Diavolo 3 View Post
Tonali will not be played infront of the defence, he is unaware defensively.

He will rotating at #10 with hakan.

Safest way to integrate him and in a couple of seasons he can be moved back to deeper position.
Hugh Janus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2020, 01:32   #21390
Ash
Swag Maestro

Honestly, when Kessie went down, I had my heart in my hand for a minute. He is arguably the most important player for us at the moment because of the sheer amount of work he puts in. We genuinely dont have anyone in the squad to replace him. None of our current crop of midfielders provide what he does. And yes, I understand that its hard to replace what he does, but we do not even have another physical DM in the squad. This why I am a bit annoyed that we didnt go for Bakayoko, even on a loan. Should have just kept Pobega then. Hopefully, the management know it is paramount that we get one in the Jan transfer window and fingers crossed Kessie remains healthy till then.

Also, hopefully this game showed folks why we need another CB. we are absolutely woeful defending set pieces because neither of our current CB options are tall or physical. A bit annoyed at Pioli that he had Roma marking Dzeko rather than someone like Kessie on the corner.

I liked what I saw from Ajer so if he can be had or someone like Milenkovic, that would be great. Romagnoli's current form puts him behind Kjaer and Gabbia at the moment.

Would love Thauvin and if he can be had for cheap, I dont have an issue. At the end of the day, RW is the least of our worries in terms of current weaknesses due to Saele stepping up (plus Rebic/Hauge can play there worst comes to worst).

In terms of priorities, it would be:

Kessie backup
CB
Ibra backup
LB backup
RW

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited by Ash; 27-10-2020 at 01:42.
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2020, 01:49   #21391
papaberlu
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Those kind of games will make you grow. It took figc a crooked coach to slow us down. That's fine we showed spirit and determination.

I like the reaction that the team isn't satisfied. This is the spirit.
Loved how the side reacted after that bullshit pen, flipped a switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash View Post
Honestly, when Kessie went down, I had my heart in my hand for a minute.
When he went down instantly and without contact I was so worried

Felt like it was an ACL/achilles injury

No idea how he was perfectly fine right after, man is made of steel
papaberlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2020, 01:59   #21392
sheva
suso's dog

wtf was this shit show from the 2nd GK - i refuse to learn his last name -, all of the goals we received were directly his fault.

$ sr. next time please
sheva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2020, 02:00   #21393
Jivara
Forza Milan

I feel like FIFA or the games regulations body (forgot their name) need to act quickly to limit the number of penalties and fouls that take place every match. Seriously there's at least one penalty in every match these days, how does the foul on Calhanoglu (who is moving away from Roma's goal) equal to a direct scoring chance (just to give an example, and there are much worse). It cannot possibly be that any physical contact in the penalty area gets called for a foul.. a direct shot on goal. I cannot imagine how horrible it must be to play as a defender these days, what on earth are you supposed to do?
Jivara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2020, 02:08   #21394
Hugh Janus
fanboy

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini SD

Tatarusanu is such an easy scapegoat

Signature
Quote:
Tonali will not be played infront of the defence, he is unaware defensively.

He will rotating at #10 with hakan.

Safest way to integrate him and in a couple of seasons he can be moved back to deeper position.
Hugh Janus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2020, 02:18   #21395
helloAgain
AC Milan Legend

There are penalties given for much less. That challenge was bad and was nowhere near the ball. Only thing that makes it a soft penalty is that hakan went down easily. But that defender was an idiot.

With VAR available, they can certainly tweak some rules on hand balls and fouls inside the box. Another problem I feel is the early red cards. Just ruins the game completely. Bad foul at 10 min mark is punished way worse than terrible foul at 80 min.
helloAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2020, 02:18   #21396
helloAgain
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Janus View Post
We've seen Donna make exact same mistake plenty of times.
helloAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2020, 02:22   #21397
IL-Capitano
Legenda di AC Milan

Fav. Players: too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini

Quote:
We had 15M for a defender, this money should be available for January too, if they can add more it becomes better.
Exactly the approach is level headed and concise. There have been mistakes but we are all human I like the fact they are trying not be be wasteful in how they build the squad and make it as competitive as possible. Gradually and not rushing into purchases.
IL-Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2020, 02:39   #21398
sheva
suso's dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Janus View Post
Punched the air in the first one, fumbled the ball in the 2nd which led to the penalty, non-existent reflexes in the 3rd (not his fault completely as Kjaer lost his mark).

Sure, Donna made the same mistakes numerous time but never in a single game, as well as this 2nd GK is 34 YO, supposed to have somewhat of an experience as opposed to a 20 YO GK.
sheva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2020, 02:41   #21399
Master Smurf
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie

Quote:
Not really, lost many balls.
Defensively he did not get beat.
This was against a team playing with a wingback and a wide forward.

Not a concern or problem spot to be upgraded for me given our current structure.
Master Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2020, 02:44   #21400
Master Smurf
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie

If Ibra wasnt Ibra everyone would be all over him for that asinine clearance attempt. Just headed out.

He was probably tired though but still just as bad as Tata flying out on firts goal and flapping at air.
Master Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote