Massimiliano Allegri Thread II

Which fortunate team will hear 'Dai Dai Dai' next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pharaoh

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Stephan-El-Shaarawy, Balotelli, Ronaldo(CR7), Kaka, and Buffon
Just to be clear, there is nothing wrong with defending Allegri or criticizing Allegri. People think differently and naturally try to convince others that they are right.

However, consistently and deliberately insulting others for having different opinion is not acceptable. Once or twice, fine, no one is perfect. Consistently? Not so much.

exactly! :thumbsup:

Pharaoh

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You're right, it was only Nils Ledholm, not like a man that won a lot both as a player and as a coach :rolleyes:.

Casillas started with Del Bosque in 2000 because Illgner got injured. Xavi started cause Pep Guardiola was out for several months.

My point is not even to be favourable of Allegri. It doesn't matter if he started a young player because of 'x', 'y' or 'z', its ridiculous to discuss that. The player was given the shot, regardless of anyway you wanna see it, the coach could've gone a different route, but thought the young player was ready for the task at that moment, and that's what matters, and the confidence was good enough that the player had a good game and even (as an added feature) scored a goal.
I think the reason hes saying that is pro-allegri fans usually try to claim himto be "youth friendly" and loves playing youth and so on when in reality,it was because of forced circumstances.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
I think the reason hes saying that is pro-allegri fans usually try to claim himto be "youth friendly" and loves playing youth and so on when in reality,it was because of forced circumstances.

I think he knows how to handle youth, which doesn't mean he's youth friendly. Just that he doesn't rush them in, nor he neglects them. But he does give them chances. I've been a Milan fan since 1998, and I haven't seen that many Primavera players or under 20 given chances as they have under Allegri (not counting Coppa Italia, or some friendly in Dubai, Malta or Ukraine).

Most coaches start young players for forced reasons, or at irrelevant moments, lets not act like you would've not said anything had Allegri played Cristante in a game that we had already in the bag, or in a Coppa Italia...you'd be like "why only in those games and not in the ones that matter?"

He gave him a chance, the reasons are completely IRRELEVANT. Kid played well, scored that's all that matters. Neither you, nor I know the true reasons, its probably a mix of everything, Cristante being ready, to injuries, to his daddy calling Galliani, to Allegri just being like "fuck it, I'm outta here eitherway".

Pharaoh

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think he knows how to handle youth, which doesn't mean he's youth friendly. Just that he doesn't rush them in, nor he neglects them. But he does give them chances. I've been a Milan fan since 1998, and I haven't seen that many Primavera players or under 20 given chances as they have under Allegri (not counting Coppa Italia, or some friendly in Dubai, Malta or Ukraine).

Most coaches start young players for forced reasons, or at irrelevant moments, lets not act like you would've not said anything had Allegri played Cristante in a game that we had already in the bag, or in a Coppa Italia...you'd be like "why only in those games and not in the ones that matter?"

He gave him a chance, the reasons are completely IRRELEVANT. Kid played well, scored that's all that matters. Neither you, nor I know the true reasons, its probably a mix of everything, Cristante being ready, to injuries, to his daddy calling Galliani, to Allegri just being like "fuck it, I'm outta here eitherway".
I would not have bitched and said "why only those games and not ones that matter" because i understand putting youth in the field,especially in big derbies is a fail. However,the reason youth players have seen the field more under allegri is entirely debatable.

I do understand what youre saying.

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
I don't think we've seen enough of Allegri to see how good he is with youth. But some of the young guys should have been gotten chances.

Burlesqoni

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Just to be clear, there is nothing wrong with defending Allegri or criticizing Allegri. People think differently and naturally try to convince others that they are right.

However, consistently and deliberately insulting others for having different opinion is not acceptable. Once or twice, fine, no one is perfect. Consistently? Not so much.

You're the guy that have called people morons at several occasions.

Who decides when insults are acceptable and who decides what constitutes as an insult in the first place?

If I said your post is pathetic, will that make it insulting or is it just helpful information?

yaohan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
To be fair, Allegri is not the worst at handling youth in particular, in fact he is not bad. Regardless of reason, de Sciglio, Shaarawy and possibly Cristante started playing under him. However, his poor man management skills in general drags down his youth management, namely:

1. Consistently starting Matri vs giving Niang and Saponara chance, even though Matri consistently fails to perform.

2. Even though he claims that too much pressure on young player is bad, and starts Saponara in derby, even though he has not previously started.

yaohan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
You're the guy that have called people morons at several occasions.

Who decides when insults are acceptable and who decides what constitutes as an insult in the first place?

If I said your post is pathetic, will that make it insulting or is it just helpful information?

1. If person A commits a crime, I guess that means it's okay for you to do the same? Anyhow, people grow, others grow much slower. Sen was the last person who I called Moron. I have since apologized to sen, admit I was wrong to call him names, and moved on.

2. For someone who is so good at reading comprehension, I would expect you to know better.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
I think its comendable the number of first team serie a action he has given to youth players, including guys like beretta and odumadi. And i get that they will have crests and troughs but what i dont get is how all of them start off so well and then there is a prolonged period of failure. Is this because all of them over perform early on or does it have something to do with allegris tactical usage of them.

I am probably guessing its the latter. Apart from de sciglio the number of false potentials are too damn high.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
You forgot one option... We (not me obv :o) overrate their performances.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Well whatever point u wanna start off with... After a period of time they all go downhill like clockwork. Woulsnt count odumadi in this though, he was shiet from game 1 :o

Burlesqoni

Milan Legend
Reaction score
1. If person A commits a crime, I guess that means it's okay for you to do the same? Anyhow, people grow, others grow much slower. Sen was the last person who I called Moron. I have since apologized to sen, admit I was wrong to call him names, and moved on.

2. For someone who is so good at reading comprehension, I would expect you to know better.

Well it's not a crime just because you say it is, your opinion isn't that greatly valued.
Show me the times where I called someone a moron cuz these opinionated verdicts are just sad, especially coming from someone with your track record.

You keep repeating the same thing over and over, is it ok just because you apologize after?
Ask any victim of domestic violence if that is the case.

Never said I was good at reading comprehension either, I said you were bad at it, slight difference.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
I would go with them being young players, they have talent, they will be inconsistent, at one point they'll start good, then have bad periods of form, in that rollercoaster ride some will make it, some will not, some will make it elsewhere.

If they made it in the tactical system at the start, it means its not really the tactical system's fault.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Forza Mr Allegri, lets kick on from here.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
The team (allegri + players) needs to get milan into Europe.

Custer's last stand.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pippo-Allegri today :lol:
BdehGVICEAAX0I8.png

dat look, it must have been a bit awkward

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Pippo-Allegri today :lol:
BdehGVICEAAX0I8.png

dat look, it must have been a bit awkward

pippo looks like he's wondering, why on earth is this jabroni still here?

Last edited:

goja

Im back baby
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Nesta, Pippo, Pirlo, De Sciglio
forza allegri! i mean there's a reason that milan's curva sud supports him. they understand what the problem with milan is.

while i agree that we can all have our opinions, and express them freely, what bugs me is the partisanship. if at a certain point in time you don't like allegri, then everything he does is bad. this youth example is perfect. i've been on this forum for years and for so long the hottest topic was youth, as that was desperately seen as the problem. now we have a relatively young team with a couple of our own youth products. positive thing no? in this case you could say allegri did good?
Well NOOO you guys say, he only did it because he to from injuries blablabla. its really annoying to systematically have a negative spin on EVERYTHING

yaohan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
@goja
1. Not everyone criticize Allegri for youth management. Many just refuse to credit him as wenger quality, because for example his preference of muntari and Matri over their younger counterparts, such as Cristante, Poli, Niang. Now Niang performs equally bad as Matri, but the point is he is not some youth genius.

2.most people recognize that Allegri is not the biggest issue. No doubt management is biggest issue. However, he is not faultless because he is the coach, he is responsible for many things like tactic, training, man management, team talk etc., which should be at least 35 to 45% of team responsibility. If he does not do his part properly, the team suffers. I believe that is why, despite a not so poor transfer window this summer, our game is suffering so much.

goja

Im back baby
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Nesta, Pippo, Pirlo, De Sciglio
@goja
1. Not everyone criticize Allegri for youth management. Many just refuse to credit him as wenger quality, because for example his preference of muntari and Matri over their younger counterparts, such as Cristante, Poli, Niang. Now Niang performs equally bad as Matri, but the point is he is not some youth genius.

2.most people recognize that Allegri is not the biggest issue. No doubt management is biggest issue. However, he is not faultless because he is the coach, he is responsible for many things like tactic, training, man management, team talk etc., which should be at least 35 to 45% of team responsibility. If he does not do his part properly, the team suffers. I believe that is why, despite a not so poor transfer window this summer, our game is suffering so much.

you didn't get my point. i know its not the only reason people hate him, i was using it as an example to say that once you hate him, you hate everything about him, even where he was successful.
i understand why people don't want him anymore, completely. but sometimes the criticism is overly systematic, and in some cases undeserved.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
arm chair head coaches. I blame football manager for making any idiot who can control a mouse believe that they can be a world class coach.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
man i play div 1 here, which is just a league below A-league. Our trainings are so physically draining to the point that you cant even feel your legs the next day, almost like a torture. If my trainings for a div1 club here is so freaking physically demanding, i was wondering how hard serie a clubs train on a day to day basis. Damn, i feel sorry for all those elite footballers, they truly are very gifted.

Last edited:

yaohan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
you didn't get my point. i know its not the only reason people hate him, i was using it as an example to say that once you hate him, you hate everything about him, even where he was successful.
i understand why people don't want him anymore, completely. but sometimes the criticism is overly systematic, and in some cases undeserved.

Your statement is agreeable for me. I interpret as: Allegri is not a good enough coach for milan, but doesn't mean everything he does is shit.

Our disagreement is likely only what areas Allegri are shit at. I probably think he screwed up more things than you think.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
haha nice allegri. Sometimes he is very likeable.

Schedule