Group D: Croatia/Argentina/Iceland/Nigeria

Which 2 teams will make it out of the group ?

• Total voters

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
What, why?? Because Messi's won the WC?

At least CR have a EC with Portugal, which by quality isn't much less than a WC. What does Messi have on CR really?

Messi is a WC finalist.. alongside 2 other international finals (not his fault that argentina is the juve of international teams :D). Also has an olympic gold medal :o

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Messi is a WC finalist.. alongside 2 other international finals (not his fault that argentina is the juve of international teams :D). Also has an olympic gold medal :o

come on bro

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
not his fault that argentina

that can work both ways. messi has always had at least a couple of WC players alongside him for Argentina, while ronaldo usually plays with mostly average dudes.

In the last 8 years Ronaldo had few team mates that can be considered WC players: Pepe, Rui Patricio, Moutinho (for a couple of seasons) + some good, but not consistent/amazing: Nani, Carvalho

While Messi had from the top of my head the following ballon d'or nominees: Aguero, Higuain, Dybala, Mascherano, Di Maria + guys with crazy good seasons like tevez, lavezzi etc.

Last edited:

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
See this is the problem.. All the players you are mentioning are attacking players except masch. Other than in the attacking department Argentina are recent milan level (actually they wish they had a cb partnership of roma-bonuc).. People only look at their attacking options and assume that they have a great team, which is far from the truth.

The only player who consistently performed alongside messi is mascherano and is unfortunately past it. Then you have di maria and higuain who performed well, though the later did fuck up in 3 finals.

As for Portugal, they have a much more balanced team than argentina with a lot of underrated players especially moutinho.(deserved to play for some of the best club teams). They have/had great defence and is the MAIN reason they won the euros.

As a team portugal > argentina.

That is not even debatable based on todays starting 11.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
4 years ago, if you had asked me who I put as best, I wouldn't have hesitated to put Messi there but in the past 4 years, Ronaldo has done so much to cement himself above Messi.

He won a EC with what I consider a secondary nation and what he did on club level is well documented as well. Ronaldo is the ultimate work horse and it paid off in the biggest way possible.

How much quality does the team need Qaas to be able to beat Iceland ffs? :lol: England was ridiculed for it, should be the same for Argentina nad Messi. Where was he yesterday? Completely invisible - he made Strinic look a world class defender :lol:

Messi is still a fantastic player throughout his career but his national team career has been a disappointment and Ronaldo did overtake him in the past few years, that's undeniable.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
All u Messi haters can suck my dick all u garbage heart atheists

4za Nigeria 4za Obi Mikel 4za Iwobi 4za Obafemi Martins

Victor Moses will turn Iceland into Waterland

Last edited:

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score
A young Messi is with a girl in the bedroom. Things are heating up and then, suddenly, he gets up and walks out of the room.

Moments later, he returns, flanked by another two little guys. “What are you doing?” the girl says, surprised. “I’m sorry,” he replies. “I just can’t do it without Xavi and Iniesta.”

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
A young Messi is with a girl in the bedroom. Things are heating up and then, suddenly, he gets up and walks out of the room.

Moments later, he returns, flanked by another two little guys. “What are you doing?” the girl says, surprised. “I’m sorry,” he replies. “I just can’t do it without Xavi and Iniesta.”

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
4 years ago, if you had asked me who I put as best, I wouldn't have hesitated to put Messi there but in the past 4 years, Ronaldo has done so much to cement himself above Messi.

He won a EC with what I consider a secondary nation and what he did on club level is well documented as well. Ronaldo is the ultimate work horse and it paid off in the biggest way possible.

How much quality does the team need Qaas to be able to beat Iceland ffs? :lol: England was ridiculed for it, should be the same for Argentina nad Messi. Where was he yesterday? Completely invisible - he made Strinic look a world class defender :lol:

Messi is still a fantastic player throughout his career but his national team career has been a disappointment and Ronaldo did overtake him in the past few years, that's undeniable.

Messi was better 4 years ago and 4 years LATER.

- they were ridiculed for drawing against iceland and messi was blamed for it as he missed a crucial penalty, rightfully so

The team from yesterday on the other hand was beyond hopeless

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Forza Nigeria more than ever

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli Beckham Berlusconi Pep Donnarumma
There are still people who doubt Messi or Ronaldo..

You can dislike them all you want, but doubting them?

Is it jealousy, is it lack of understanding for the game?

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Qaas :lol:

CR7 > bearded midget scum

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
no one can ever deny the presence CR7 has whenever hes on a football field and that for me is why CR7 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
Messi was better 4 years ago and 4 years LATER.

- they were ridiculed for drawing against iceland and messi was blamed for it as he missed a crucial penalty, rightfully so

The team from yesterday on the other hand was beyond hopeless

I hope you were drunk when you posted that because no sane person would say that.

Messi over Ronaldo :lol:

Messi was a part of that hopeless team the other day and Strinic made him his prison bitch :lol:

Last edited:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
How deluded does anyone need to be to suggest that Portugal>Argentina?

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
moses pls, part the icelandic defense

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
id send a scout to iceland after this world cup. with their euro performance and this world cup so far, their youth is going to be inspired.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
id send a scout to iceland after this world cup. with their euro performance and this world cup so far, their youth is going to be inspired.

You are one of the most positive thinkers that I know of!
Great to have you here bro

Last edited:

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
Nigeria team so bad going forward

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score