English Premier League Thread II

Who will win the EPL title this year?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

neutral

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Would be a great signingng actually, I can't see it happening but if he was under... 12 million it'd be a very good summer.

I was thinking the same, i read some rumours that Everton want to try get him on loan so thought Aston Villa should try get him on loan with an option to make it permanent.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Happy with your signings so far mate?

To be honest the only positions that United fans wanted filling was midfield and GK. We've got De Gea but unless we buy a top CM I'll be dissapointed. Young and Jones are bonus signings.

@Kalac

Ashley Young has looked really clumsy with the ball in his last few games...ever notice that at Villa?

Idris

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Adam Johnson is going to cost a lot more than 12M.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
adam johnson and n'zogbia are upgrades over young and downing, it would be a brilliant transfer campaign by villa, $$$ and better wingers.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Why is city selling johnson? sell swp and few other guys
this year the EPL is going to be decided amongs mancheter clubs. I promise if manc wins the cup i will buy balotelli jersey

Idris

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
adam johnson and n'zogbia are upgrades over young and downing, it would be a brilliant transfer campaign by villa, $$$ and better wingers.
I think they are all about the same level of talent. Players who on their day could be very good but aren't top quality. Selling Downing for 20M then signing N'zogbia for 10M is excellent business though.

Idris

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Why is city selling johnson? sell swp and few other guys
this year the EPL is going to be decided amongs mancheter clubs. I promise if manc wins the cup i will buy balotelli jersey

I don't think they are selling Johnson. He is one of their homegrown players which is important for squad size and he is good enough to contribute coming off the bench or starting half the games they play.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Kalac, is it me or has Albrighton gained serious amount of weight?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Rarely enough, one sees British players who can actually be world-class. Recently we've seen 3 IMO. Bale, Wilshere and Adam Johnson. Point is that Johnson needs to start if he needs to continue on his growth path.

neutral

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I don't think they are selling Johnson. He is one of their homegrown players which is important for squad size and he is good enough to contribute coming off the bench or starting half the games they play.

The man has serious talent though and its a pity to see him wasting away at Man City.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Arsenal's Arsène Wenger ready to move for Phil Jagielka and Juan Mata
• Everton may set Jagielka's price at more than £18m
• Valencia also want to keep Mata, valued at £17.5m

Arsène Wenger intends to ease the transfer window frustration of Arsenal supporters with successful moves for the Everton defender Phil Jagielka and the Valencia winger Juan Mata.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/28/arsenal-phil-jagielka-juan-mata

Nicklas Bendtner on verge of £9m move to Sporting Lisbon
• Denmark striker pictured in Portugal
• Cesc Fábregas and Theo Walcott to miss Emirates Cup

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/28/nicklas-bendtner-sporting-lisbon

Sergio Agüero is so much more than Carlos Tevez Mark 2
The Argentinian striker has been compared to Romário and is poised to be the master of invention at Manchester City

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/jul/27/sergio-aguero-manchester-city

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
9million for Bender, 18 for Jagielka. What the fuck has football come to?

Bender's probably worth close t0 9 million but 18? Fuck sake, he's hardly what they need either. They could get Samba for around 12, and he'd solve all the height problems single handedly.

LimerickMilan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Pato, Zidane, Maldini, McGrath, Keane, Weah, Shevchenko, Gullit, Figo, Ronaldo, Inzaghi,
I think Shay Given is wasted at Aston Villa.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
The man has serious talent though and its a pity to see him wasting away at Man City.

Wasting away? Did you see what he ballooned to after his injury? :lol:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
9million for Bender, 18 for Jagielka. What the fuck has football come to?

Bender's probably worth close t0 9 million but 18? Fuck sake, he's hardly what they need either. They could get Samba for around 12, and he'd solve all the height problems single handedly.

I'm not sure Jagielka isn't what they need. They have Djourou who is quality CB. Jagielka is IMO a vermaelen upgrade.... or atleast an alternative.

Now what they need is to actually replace gilberto silva in midfield and competent FBs.

I love Song, but he's not a pure DM, and drives forward too much. More of a vieira type. Maybe the combo with Ramsey gets the job done, but like all things with arsenal... not next year :)

I think Wilshere is natural heir to CAM role in 4-3-3ish formation they are going with.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think Wenger wants to use Wilshere as a box to box midfielder. Could be wrong though.

Villas-Boas has said that City's spending is "unfair". How ironic :tongue:

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Lets pretend Flamini and Emanuelson is heading to Arsenal because we are buying Fabregas, how will they play?

-----------Flamini-----Wilshere--------
-----Walcott-----Nasri-----Emanu-----
---------------Van Persie-------------

?

Or Song instead of Flamini?

milan1st

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Kaka, Pato, Boateng, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ibrahimovic, Benzema, Fabregas, Essien, Ganso, Seedorf
Lets pretend Flamini and Emanuelson is heading to Arsenal because we are buying Fabregas, how will they play?

-----------Flamini-----Wilshere--------
-----Walcott-----Nasri-----Emanu-----
---------------Van Persie-------------

?

Or Song instead of Flamini?

They already signed Gervinho and are close to Mata. They are also interested on Georcuff and Hazard.

Btw, i heard Wenger likes Paloschi..

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure Jagielka isn't what they need. They have Djourou who is quality CB. Jagielka is IMO a vermaelen upgrade.... or atleast an alternative.

Vermaelen is their best CB, Djourou is nothing special, wouldn't call him a quality CB.

Jagielka is def. not the answer to their CB problems, I think they should go for Samba instead of Jagielka.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Vermaelen is their best CB, Djourou is nothing special, wouldn't call him a quality CB.

Jagielka is def. not the answer to their CB problems, I think they should go for Samba instead of Jagielka.

Djourous better than vermaelen. Different style cbs but I don't think its that close. Samba's good too but what fell apart was lacking a cb like jagielka who is probably best english cb when rio is not fully fit. Terrys really been steadily declining imo (not that he's bad by any means but not a world elite he might have been circa 2006)

Arsenals backline problems were everyone partnered with djourou

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Djourous better than vermaelen. Different style cbs but I don't think its that close. Samba's good too but what fell apart was lacking a cb like jagielka who is probably best english cb when rio is not fully fit. Terrys really been steadily declining imo (not that he's bad by any means but not a world elite he might have been circa 2006)

Arsenals backline problems were everyone partnered with djourou

noway, Vermaelen was sorely missed last season, he didnt play a single game, he would have made a huge difference for Arsenal's crap defence.

Djourou is alright but hes mistake prone, Arsenal dont really need someone like that, Koscielny is better than him.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Djourou is definately better. Arsenal fans regard him as their best CB. Up until he got injured against United around March, Arsenal had not lost a match with him on the pitch. Not sure if that carried on until the end of the season. Vermaelen had a great start with Arsenal but he began getting exposed at times.

Arsenal fans have been calling for Wenger to move Vermaelen to left back and buy a defensive partner for Djourou.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Djourou is definately better. Arsenal fans regard him as their best CB. Up until he got injured against United around March, Arsenal had not lost a match with him on the pitch. Not sure if that carried on until the end of the season. Vermaelen had a great start with Arsenal but he began getting exposed at times.

Arsenal fans have been calling for Wenger to move Vermaelen to left back and buy a defensive partner for Djourou.

I think that might be best, Vermaelen's a good centre back, but he's got his weaknesses, as a LB he'd be great as well as giving them extra power at set pieces. I think Wenger might prefer Gibbs or somebody in that mould though.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Djourou is shit
Vermaelen is decent but too rash, if he has some body elder he can come good

Shit players anyway

neutral

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Djourou is shit
Vermaelen is decent but too rash, if he has some body elder he can come good

Shit players anyway

f3e45b85-d42c-4dee-ab63-62ae6751d053.jpg

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Tottenham try to preempt Arsenal with £22m bid for Valencia's Juan Mata
• Arsenal yet to bid but remain favourites to sign Spaniard
• Valencia obliged to sell if bid of €21m received before 1 August

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/30/tottenham-hotspur-juan-mata

Arsenal can survive without Cesc Fábregas, says Thierry Henry
• Club is always bigger than one player, says returning striker
• Wenger refuses to be drawn over Jagielka and Mata interest

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/29/arsenal-cesc-fabregas-thierry-henry

Josh McEachran hopes to sate home-grown hunger at Chelsea
• 'Expectation has been hard, but Chelsea are supportive'
• Villas-Boas says teenager's midfield flexibility is important

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/29/josh-mceachran-homegrown-chelsea

News: Roberto Mancini has revealed Manchester City are still looking to sign two more players - a midfielder and a winger - in this transfer window.

Update: Aston Villa's latest signing Charles N'Zogbia is 'happy and extremely excited' to have sealed his Villa Park move from Wigan for £9.5m on Friday.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
mata's an interesting signing. I'm not sure arsenal need anything in attack, but he's a strong player in final 3rd. Again arsenal, not addressing their main needs though...

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ferdinand has had his pictures of the Whitehouse removed from his twitter.....and they've been wiped from his phone.

Political phone hacking. Bring Back Bush :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule