Week 4: Cagliari vs. AC Milan 16/09/2018 20:30 CET

tuccero9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
cagliari took us by surprise. team(players, gattuso) probably thought they will try to play defensive. when they came all in attack, we didn't knew how to response. and most importantly, early in the game, mofos were passing the ball around with speed and precision like prime barca for some reason. how the hell were they able to do that? because rest of the game their passing was sloppy as fuck.

overall, gattuso has to take some blame too. hakan should have been subbed way earlier and baka should never have been brought when we were in need of goal. bona was missing sitters but we at least know he gets into these scoring position consistently. higuain needs more service too but i don't particularly blame anyone for that as cagliari were playing full defensive mode after the equalizer.

RR, kessie were good
suso, calabria decent
donna and higuain were ok.
hakan, musa, roma, biglia were terrible.
and bona average

hmm im not so sure about that.
in the past few seasons I noticed that we struggle in the first half when we are playing "smaller" teams on their own turf.
it is something I commented in previous seasons as well and since it occurred with different managers it probably means that there is a mentality issue here.
on our first 2 games that we had to play derby matches we were fired up from the 1st minute.
but against smaller sides for whatever reason the team does not show this determination to dominate the match and show who is the boss in field.
I hope Rino can find a way to change that because dropping points in matches like this will never improve our league position at the end of the season.

FORZA MILAN!

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
When Hakan has a bad game and Suso continues to make poor decisions, we won't win games. Not to mention the presence of someone like Musacchio in a Milan starting XI.

We need to fix the defense quickly. It's currently looking prone to the same level of shambles as it did pre-Rino. Sure, Caldara might need some time getting used to a 2-man central defense, but Gattuso as a manager need to make that transition quick. Caldara is one of the most naturally talented young defenders around, he can't need more than a month to understand the movements of a defensive line. That's on the coach.

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
We look like we'll never score from a corner.

Embarrassing display from the back-four and especially Romangoli.

Hakan the same old hot and cold player. Tonight was a very cold night.

The sacrifices we're making for Bona only pays off when he's scoring.
Tonight he didn't.

Balll hog Suso forcing the team to over-rely on him. Could've had a goal and an assist...but it's just not a healthy situation.

I agree with all of this except Hakan and Romagnoli. Hakan is fairly consistent, but tonight everyone was off. Roma had a bad first half but stopped 2-3 counters in a row all by himself.

Bonaventura as a mezzala is a mistake IMO. If he's not scoring goals he provides very little else, which is a luxury only the best teams can afford. His hesitancy to play the ball quickly is his downfall, as he slows down our attack. Same for Suso, he's a good player but needs the ball at his feet to often/too-long. He should be able to find Gonzalo everytime he has the ball, but rarely passes to him. I don't think Suso and Bonaventura are bad players, but neither are consistent enough to rely on as key creators/goal-scorers.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Lost the game coz of Bona... wasted 2 great chances

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
When Hakan has a bad game and Suso continues to make poor decisions, we won't win games. Not to mention the presence of someone like Musacchio in a Milan starting XI.

We need to fix the defense quickly. It's currently looking prone to the same level of shambles as it did pre-Rino. Sure, Caldara might need some time getting used to a 2-man central defense, but Gattuso as a manager need to make that transition quick. Caldara is one of the most naturally talented young defenders around, he can't need more than a month to understand the movements of a defensive line. That's on the coach.

Holy fuck

Try to be objective atleast once from time to time

The goal we conceded was on Romagnoli, not Musacchio

How the fuck do you find a way to slag on a player who actually had a good game I dont know.

As much as I want Caldara to play, I am actually worried for him now. You are literally the biggest jinx in this forum. Literally none of the players you praised panned out, not even WC defender Bonucci. Heck, your constant slobbering over anyone who is Italian and has the slightest hint of talent is nauseating.

mato

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Mussacchio was one of the worst on the field. If it wasn't for Donnarumma we'd have at least 2 goals with his name on it.