Week 7: AC Milan 0-4 Napoli 04/10/2015 20:45 CET

Reaction score
Balotelli seems to be better as an impact sub.

His work rate and energy is too low over the 90 mins. He is dangerous coming off the bench with a point to prove.

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
-----------------Lopez

--De Sciglio---Zapata---Ely---Antonelli

-----Kucka-------Monto------Bonaventura

----------------Bertolacci-----------

-------Luiz-------------------Bacca

Plz.

:thumbsup:

I agree. We should try this next game. I think it could work.

Milannews did a summary, and they singled out Bertolacci's performance in the second half as one of the few positives.

I'd much rather try that than see Honda in the starting line-up.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
I'm guessing you didn't see the last 45 minutes of the Genoa game.

and that is enough justification for a start against one of the strongest teams in the league?

Dude has been utter garbage bar those 45 minutes not to mention we were playing Genoa's B team. And its not like he was amazing in those 45 minutes either considering the number of times he chocked.

I would rather have Honda start thank you very much. He may not be providing much in attack but atleast he puts in a shift defensively. Napoli is definitely not a team one can afford to experiment with, especially with a player that has been utter shit most of the time.

You are just salty because yet another of your predicted Italian superstars has so far proven to be a bust

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
and that is enough justification for a start against one of the strongest teams in the league?

Dude has been utter garbage bar those 45 minutes not to mention we were playing Genoa's B team. And its not like he was amazing in those 45 minutes either considering the number of times he chocked.

I would rather have Honda start thank you very much. He may not be providing much in attack but atleast he puts in a shift defensively. Napoli is definitely not a team one can afford to experiment with, especially with a player that has been utter shit most of the time.

You are just salty because yet another of your predicted Italian superstars has so far proven to be a bust
Can't trust a player because 45 minutes is too less bit labels him utter shit because of 2 bad matches. No one can match your pessimism, Ash.

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
Mihajlovic will figure out very soon, that bertolacci is better than honda as trequartista like is monto better that de jong as regista.

Italian :star:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Montolivo was extremely isolated in the last game. Sometimes it felt like he was playing against three, especially during counters. Our yellows were partly because Genoa players were rushing past an open midfield and the only was to stop them was a tactical foul.

De Jong cannot play inside right. He doesn't have the positional sense or the talent required to make it efficient. Either Kucka or Poli would do well there.

Montolivo has to play CM, with De Jong only rotating with him when he needs a rest.

Inside left is the big question. Seemed like Berto would play there but his positioning and aggression is lacking. Bonaventura has the same issues but is a little more rounded and seems like the safer option.

AM? I have no idea. Still think Honda is our best and safest option (especially without Balo), but maybe try Berto again if we're playing Balotelli from the start.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
1- 3 napoli. Too strong for us.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
We need Kucka .... I would wanna test Dj next to Monto and Kucka since on paper its balanced.
We tried Berto.Bona so many times and it didnt work so plz one of them with a free role behind Adri.Bacca.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Higuan against Zapata is giving me nightmares. Napoli pressing game is very impressive. But we're lucky they have a midweek away game in Poland.

Last edited:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
I think we can sneak in a troll win. Pretty sad that the only wins Milan can get these days against a team like fucking CL choke Napoli would be classed as shocks or upsets

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Since 2013, we never do well against top teams.

huh? 11/12 season was the worst. In Serie A at least.
Clearest case of a flat-track bully.

Bibbo's bb-ilan beat Roma, Lazio and Napoli...but barely won any minnows in away games. Even lost some at San Siro.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Both teams are in a similar stage of development. I dunno why some of you are so worried. Will be a very even match I think..

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
miha will kick the shit out of sarri tactics

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
1-4

Mertens, Higuain, Bacca, Hamsik, Higuain

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
2-1 in favor of us. winning goal coming from someone unexpected.

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Bacca & Luiz together please, when is Menez back?

Hondayum

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SEEDORF, Maldini, Sheva, Rino, Pirlo, Nesta, Kaka, Pippo, Baggio, Vieri, Totti
Classic Napoli - beat a big team like Rubentus, then go on to play lousily and lose.

We Got Dis

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
7425f3e6b5fee63152bf1f03213a80a8.jpg

ACMILANMKD

Con il Diavolo in Corpo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Boban, Oliver Bierhoff, Weah, Sheva, Van Basten
I think that it will be a tight match, we should not lose.
They do not play away so good as they play at home ground, so maybe this is a good chance.

The thing which I have doubts for are how our defence will cope with their pressure.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
Wonderful game it can be.
Defense - l.antonelli after injury, ely will have to prove himself agaisnt one of the best attack in serie a when he has low confidence after fiora, zapata who may play good or just give ball away for opposite (expect him to have good game because he doesnt make 2 big errors in the row) and rb with weak defender but better in attack calabria or always underperforming des.
Midfield - kucka with monto as starters, bona with berto and honda fighting for 2 spots and we basically dont know if berto can play as lcm properly same as acm, if bona will have good game as cam ever or honda there.
Attack - bacca, l.adriano and balo for 2 spots where after some newspapers qq miha can drop his wanna be great coach mode and crate balo2.0 to old setup with "where is 90 millions invested" boys

Can easily be 3:0 because napoli often after good game plays shit but also it may turn 0:3.

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think we will be seeing a defence of Ely-Alex/Mexes unfortunately. I don't think we've seen Zapata or Ely play as LCB before under Miha.

Romagnoli will be missed... but the good news is that Antonelli is finally back. De Sciglio has played every game so far this season (and has flopped in almost all) and could use a rest. Hoping for a Antonelli - Zapata - Ely - Calabria back line... in midfield I'd like to see Bona-Monto-Kucka with Honda/Berto ahead - just no Jack in trequartista please, anybody but him there. He's a good player that turns into a garbage player once played in that position for some reason. Come to think of it - even Honda has stuggled in that position under Miha. Maybe it's something to do with Miha's tactics that keeps hurting our trequartista?

Up front I expect Bacca-Adriano simply because Miha will continue his rotation policy up front. We have 3 great attackers and they're all working really hard... Balo has been our best player each time he's played and I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing to bench him after he's poured his heart out in the last few performances. I'm still not sure that Bacca and Adriano can coexist but they definitely do a lot of movements off the ball - something I would love Balo to do.

Lopez needs to step his game up too. He's been very inconsistent lately.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I was right to want more 442 and it seems like Miha is coming to the same conclusion.

Monto-De Jong need to play together in CM to maximize the effectiveness of both players. Monto can't survive alone in CM and De Jong is ineffective in possession.

We don't have a good AM and in a 4312 everything depends on him.

Those two details kind of force our hand into playing either a 4231 or a 442. Since our strongest players are our attackers and we don't have ANY real wingers, we're basically stuck with a 442.

The great thing is that Balotelli plays like an AM in the forward position. He won't be stepping on Honda's toes and he'll have the freedom to roam.

I'm expecting this 442 to be a pretty narrow one, meaning it's not a traditional 442 where the full backs stay deep and the wingers hug the touchline. Bona/Berto/Honda/Kucka would be the options for a RM/LM that would cover for the fullbacks but cut inside more often than going out. Balotelli would occupy the opposition fullback while ours overlaps and the side midfielder cuts in. In that case, expect the Inzaghi method of having the wingers playing in the opposite flank of their best foot (to cut and shoot). So Berto/Honda RM and Bona/Kucka LM.

Would have been nice to have El Shaarawy to give us more options on the left flank, though. Betting the house on 4312 and not having a plan B was a risk and it failed.

So against Napoli it might be this:

---------Bacca
Balotelli-------

Bonaventura-------------------------Berto
Monto-------DeJ

Anto----------------Ely------Zapata------------DeS

Lopez

Last edited:

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Napoli, have an away game in the Europa league on Thursday. Its a home game and we've had all week to prepare. No excuses will be accepted(must win)

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
its not hard to realise that de jong and monto cant play together ffs

just start the same team that did vs udinese