FC BARCELONA vs AC MILAN in CL

17-und-4

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva - Gila - Kaka - Rui Costa
He plays for GAK,but i'm a Rapid Vienna fan...
Only the Spanish,English and Italian league are good enough to watch in Europe... :)

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
~Biski Biskit~ said:
I asked your opinion because you always have a pleasing answer for everything.
A night to forget :conf: , time to move on. :)

Pleasing answer ?? You're teasing me, aren't you ? :tongue:

Of course I'm also disappointed + threw a shitload of inappropriate language towards Ancelotti + all our players during the match. I *hate* this kind of couldn't care less attitude on the pitch, but I refuse to exclusively hold Ancelotti responsible for it. Playing somewhat defensively doesn't mean not to care + not to try. But that's what happened, our players kinda surrendered without a fight + you can't blame Ancelotti for what's happening on the pitch + excuse the players. Maybe he didn't have the best strategy + the players didn't know what to do. They probably didn't even apply Ancelotti's gameplan + that's the worrysome aspect.. was it due to some general + strange listlessness or due to ineptitude... :conf:

Hm.. I could wonder about this all night but I really gotta get a bit of sleep.. Night all.

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
None, but thinking of some.
Passion for *9* said:
Pleasing answer ?? You're teasing me, aren't you ? :tongue:
;)

Passion for *9* said:
Of course I'm also disappointed + threw a shitload of inappropriate language towards Ancelotti + all our players during the match. I *hate* this kind of couldn't care less attitude on the pitch, but I refuse to exclusively hold Ancelotti responsible for it. Playing somewhat defensively doesn't mean not to care + not to try. But that's what happened, our players kinda surrendered without a fight + you can't blame Ancelotti for what's happening on the pitch + excuse the players. Maybe he didn't have the best strategy + the players didn't know what to do. They probably didn't even apply Ancelotti's gameplan + that's the worrysome aspect.. was it due to some general + strange listlessness or due to ineptitude... :conf:

Hm.. I could wonder about this all night but I really gotta get a bit of sleep.. Night all.

This is like Jerry Springer analysis. Looks at many different angles. :) :D

Oh well, time for the players to redeem themselves in the Roma game. It's a must win game. :eek:

Last edited:

Milan4ever

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sheva,aimar,nesta,maldini,van basten,veron,tevez,
... 'Not such a bad defeat'

This is what Anceloti Said...

Carlo Ancelotti is critical, but looks ahead with confidence despite the defeat to Barcelona. He said: 'We regret losing in the final stage, we could have done better in the second half, however, we scored away from home and this is important for the table, as Celtic won. We can say that it is not such a bad defeat. The start of the game was good, we were aggressive in midfield, but then we lost effectiveness and were more and more unaccurate. Barcelona were patient, they made us run a lot and deserved the victory.'

Lets Focus on Roma Match which is better than this. Coz in CL we will Qualify Ensha allah.....but in Scuddeto we have 2 chase Juve and their train is None Stop...about barca.
They deserved to win, but they are in the their top condition at the moment. We still have to grow, it would be beautiful to play again this game with an in-form Milan. However, this evening we conceded too much space, and when you just leave half inch to certain players, they punish you. We suffered too much their pressure, they did well, showed an excellent football and first-rate individuals.'

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
I'm still laughin...

Cescania

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini
I saw a very terrible 2nd half. Milan almost did nothing in Barca's half pitch. Very disappointed, but amazed by Ronaldinho's goal. Did Cafu lose a tooth?

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
Cescania said:
I saw a very terrible 2nd half. Milan almost did nothing in Barca's half pitch. Very disappointed, but amazed by Ronaldinho's goal. Did Cafu lose a tooth?
I hope not, that was a ugly hit from the back right in this chin.

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
Barca was simply better than us, period!
Even though I rooted for Milan, I can't help but saying that Barca played one hell of attacking football!

The beauty of the game is that we were able to watch the best offense and the best defense in Europe playing their best trades. Magnificent display from bosth sides. The only difference was the man wearing number 10 shirt in that red and blue shirt...

What a goal, skipping past the world's best defender then scored a stunning goal. The commentator said "That's why he's a Brazilian". Well said.

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I have only one comment to make, if MILAN wants to be the best side in the world, why the hell they would playing so fearfully to defend their lead of 3 points and somehow to get away with 1 point by hook or by crook.

Rather they should go in match as if it is a fresh match and should have the confidence to win it. And that confidence should be both inside the hearts of the coach and the players.

On the contrary I saw a fearful MILAN side barely hanging on a tie result, seeming like that they don't even have the confidence to go out on attack and risk losing the match in the process. Thus, the belief of our team is that we can't beat SHAKTAR or CELCIT in the next two matches. Is that why the entire team was so horrified and terrified to hold on to a tie result !@#$%^&*!

And this where I do have a big problem with ANCELOTTI. I agree with PASSION that players didn't do their part of the deal but at the same time why we should be so scared as a group if we really think that we are the best side of the world !@#$%^&*!

CAPELLO or SACCHI would have never thought like that or would make a team that confidence less within themselves.

Last edited:

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
I hate teams that play defensive and on the counter attack so does Ancelotti as they are hard to breakdown, and tonight we are a victum of this. Why didnt AC attack we are an attack minided team, you cant afford to let teams like Barca (probally the best attacking team in Europe currently) put pressure on you for the whole 90+ min.

I want Milan to play attractive football to put on a great spectacle. We approached the game in the wrong attitude although we nearly got away with it, the reallity is we didnt. All that hard defensive work for nothing.

I understand you have to change your tactics in most games and im fine with that but not by playing with one ST at the beginning of the match.

I felt Kaka was tired aswell Rui Costa should of had more time anywayz we will quallify.

FORZA MILAN nice goal by Sheva ;)

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I couldn't have sait it better myself Gatorbasu!
100000000% RIGHT!

ics_rk

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, van der Vaart, Torres, Reyes, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato
Sheva's goal is great, a great pass too from Pirlo..

I am agree with San Paolo, Milan should play more attractive, possesion and attacking football! I really don't understand why Ancelloti decide to defense all the time. Milan can't be like that all the time. I want to watch last season Milan, the possess the ball more, attack well and defense well also. I'm just think that at present, Milan need Stam as soon as possible since with Stam, Milan can defense well. This match was a nightmare for me, and maybe for other Milan fans also. Milan play well in the first 30' especially Sheva goal, it is really wonderful, and Milan should score another goal by Kaka after a great set piece by Seginho. Valdes played well in my opinion, Puyol did too. After 30', I think Barca played better with Eto'o, Ronaldinho, Xavi always threatening Milan's goal.

I'm not too disappointed with the result since we can watch a high class game, with 3 great goals from Sheva, Eto'o and Ronaldinho. I think Ancelotti shoul prepare for Roma game AND DECIDE NOT TO DEFENSE ALL THE TIME!!! THAT's THE IMPORTANT THING!

FORZA MILAN!

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Milan4ever said:
... 'Not such a bad defeat'

This is what Anceloti Said...
What was he smoking when he said that? Never mind, was probably the same stuff which made him decide that line-up and tactics. :o

Obviously, no need to repeat what has already been said here. The approach for this match and the way it was played was an utter embarrassment. :rolleyes:

Blackham#10

Primavera
Reaction score
Stupid Ancelotti....

Well done to Barca and especially Xavi and Eto'o they were class....ronaldinho was average until his goal IMO

highlights?

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
mad4milan said:
What was he smoking when he said that? Never mind, was probably the same stuff which made him decide that line-up and tactics. :o

Obviously, no need to repeat what has already been said here. The approach for this match and the way it was played was an utter embarrassment. :rolleyes:

Yep, he can't even come up with a good excuse.
What an idiot!

milan_my_love

▼•Moderator•▼
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Gianluigi Lentini, Marco Van Basten, Alberigo Evani, Paolo Maldini & IL Capitano
Well, almost everything has been already said about the last night fixture.I have a different take on the game though. I accept the defeat at nou camp, they deserved to win and they outclassed us and therefore i feel no shame to digest this defeat. We were close enough though to get a point from a game dominated by opposition but Ronaldinho's magic right at the death prevented it.

Netsa and Dida were excellent and so to Sheva. Kaka had another night to forget. He got some half chances which he didn't took.

All eyes on San Siro fixture x Roma now.

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Gatorbasu said:
I have only one comment to make, if MILAN wants to be the best side in the world, why the hell they would playing so fearfully to defend their lead of 3 points and somehow to get away with 1 point by hook or by crook.

Rather they should go in match as if it is a fresh match and should have the confidence to win it. And that confidence should be both inside the hearts of the coach and the players.

On the contrary I saw a fearful MILAN side baring hanging on a tie result, seeming like that they don't even have the confidence to go out on attack and risk losing the match in the process. Thus, the belief of our team is that we can't beat SHAKTAR or CELCIT in the next two matches. Is that why the entire team was so horrified and terrified to hold on to a tie result !@#$%^&*!

And this where I do have a big problem with ANCELOTTI. I agree with PASSION that players didn't do their part of the deal but at the same time why we should be so scared as a group if we really think that we are the best side of the world !@#$%^&*!

CAPELLO or SACCHI would have never thought like that or would make a team that confidence less within themselves.

couldnt help but agree more...u said it best!...which part of it..dont the players and anchelotti understand!...we need to get this in our head...we are the best!..until we dont know that..n play like cowards...we wont be the best!

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
(teams); Milan, Barca, Man Utd, South Melbourne
I was very disipointed with Sheva tonight.

He played ok and the goal was nice but he complained and winged consistnaly. :head:

Reaction score
Barca Milan

I was in the Camp Nou last night and saw Milan defend deep and play on the break. This morning I read Anceloti refer to Milans style of play as attacking. Although my first thought was astonishment, all I feel now for Italian football fans is pity. One paper said that Milan wanted to buy Ronaldiho. Presumably you would then put him on the bench like you did with Rivaldo. Even when Italian football seemed exciting, and the Milan team was winning everything, you had a player called Savechvich(I cant spell his name I am afraid). You kept him on the bench week after week, but he was the most skilful player of his day.

Zidanne was not allowed to play properly until he left Juve, and Tottit wont play his best until he also moves to Real. The Juve Milan final two seasons ago was the most boring champions league final ever.

Barca do not play with the discipline of Milan, but they attack. They bought Romario, Maradona, Ronadinho. Thank god these players never went to Milan to sit on the bench or be forced into a system.

Catenaccio is death to football. Italy is cheating its football fans.

Long live Portugal, Brazil, Spain, France

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Football said:
Catenaccio is death to football.

I AGREE TOTALLY, I don't even call it a football!

milan_my_love

▼•Moderator•▼
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Gianluigi Lentini, Marco Van Basten, Alberigo Evani, Paolo Maldini & IL Capitano
It took just one defeat for a fan here to come out for the hobby and that is bashing Carletto.

YUGOSLAVIAN said:
I was never a supporter of Ancelotti, and never will be.
For both CL and Scudetto I congratulate to players, and players only!
Come on man, look at your arguments, "SUPPORTERS"!

What a news. You congratulated Carletto right in this forum + you admitted your observations on Carletto were so wrong and you felt sorry. You congratulated him when Milan won the scudetto.

YUGOSLAVIAN said:
I said this once and I stand with it for ever, any great coach from a big club would do the BETTER JOB with the team that we have.

For example? You once quoted here that you want this tactician job. Didn't you?

YUGOSLAVIAN said:
come on look at us, best defense, almost best midf players and quiet the best forwards in the world! They're together for couple of years now, and instead of improvin the game, we are backin uP!"!

We aren't going backwards. First defeat in champions league this season and that too in an away game + against a side who outclassed us in every department does not suggest to me that we are going backwards.

YUGOSLAVIAN said:
This was supposed to be a great one, we are not CSKA MOSCOW to play like this

Ah, well CSKA would loose the game against same opposition at the whistle of first half. Believe me had it been any other opposition they would loose the game 5-0 kind of scoreline.

YUGOSLAVIAN said:
Yep, he can't even come up with a good excuse.
What an idiot!

He isn't an idiot. He won you five silverwares don't insult your hero.

He hasn't made any excuse so far + i doubt he will make any. Before the start of the game (in his post game interview) he admitted Barca are playing the best football at the moment in Europe and were unlucky to pick at least a point at San Siro in the first leg and that is a fact. Now would you call it negative too?

The fact is Barca outclassed us and were the deserved winners on the night. Even when we were stretched that much by the opposition and dominated by em, having taken the game to 88 odd mins at leveled scoreline, it needed a piece of magic from Ronaldinho to take the lead.

We didn't played like we should had (i agree with most members here) but my hat off for Barca, they deserved nothing other than three points.

Forza Carletto!
Forza Milan!

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sure-sure, whatever dude.
This wasn't not just a bad game and 1st defeat in the CL,
it was something bigger than that, we as a team are together
for couple of years now and yet Barca almost took a point in SS
and with a bit of luck they'd have score 4 or five last night!
And you are talking about HERO Ancelotti, take a look at the squad he has.
Barca players are changing every year too often and they are not compotable
as a team, but yet they beat the heck out of us and the 1st game they
deserved a draw for sure, but instead of blaming THE MAN whose fault is
the way that we are playing, you are blaming me for telling the truth.
These stars definetly deserves a better coach!
Ya all blame him against Deportivo , same thing was tonight, same tactic, same addditude in the match, but YOU DON't CARE cause we are gonna go throug anyways. WHAT A LOOSERS ADITTUDE! If he was a good coach, he would've told them to play every game to win, which is an exact spirit of any great team. He wouldnt have talk bullshit before the game that he is gonna put some attractive and attacking formation and then come up with a defensive one to play for a draw! BULLSHIT!

Talking about Sheva's frustration?
NO WONDER, who wouldn't be, Ancelotti let puts the tactic like it's a practice game and not the game vs. Barca.

Last edited:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
YUGOSLAVIAN said:
Sure-sure, whatever dude.
This wasn't not just a bad game and 1st defeat in the CL,
it was something bigger than that, we as a team are together
for couple of years now and yet Barca almost took a point in SS
and with a bit of luck they'd have score 4 or five last night!
And you are talking about HERO Ancelotti, take a look at the squad he has.
Barca players are changing every year too often and they are not compotable
as a team, but yet they beat the heck out of us and the 1st game they
deserved a draw for sure, but instead of blaming THE MAN whose fault is
the way that we are playing, you are blaming me for telling the truth.
These stars definetly deserves a better coach!
Ya all blame him against Deportivo , same thing was tonight, same tactic, same addditude in the match, but YOU DON't CARE cause we are gonna go throug anyways. WHAT A LOOSERS ADITTUDE! If he was a good coach, he would've told them to play every game to win, which is an exact spirit of any great team. He wouldnt have talk bullshit before the game that he is gonna put some attractive and attacking formation and then come up with a defensive one to play for a draw! BULLSHIT!

Talking about Sheva's frustration?
NO WONDER, who wouldn't be, Ancelotti let puts the tactic like it's a practice game and not the game vs. Barca.

whatever, man.

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Yugo, relax m8. Just like you said, they almost beat us at the San Siro, hence Ancelotti was trying to tacticlly reduce their opportunities on the flank, which is something we did poorly in Milan.

I agree, we were outclassed in all facets of the match, but to be fair, what goes around comes around. If we meet them again, maybe we will have the likes of Stam, Pippo, and Crespo at our disposal.

No need to get worked up about a return match. Time to move on, collect the points that are necessary to get to the knockout phase.

By the way, if this was a knockout phase competition between us and Barcelona, we would have advanced. ;)

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Smith+Maldini+Aimar+Nesta+Sheva+Rio+Guli
I think they did great job. Losing to Barca, not unpredictable, i did have a hunch that Milan would not win(might lose or draw), honestly.

cccp

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko - KaKa - Maldini -Costacuta - Van Basten
IMO... good defence is not to defend. The score 1-2 didn't make me upset but the possession 38% - 62%. It's the real shame, we hardly threat Barca in second half

abubasky

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Because we lost, nobody wants to post the highlights???
C'mon cheer up and take it in good faith.

Rex

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more with, Donnie+Omer. Barca twice outclassed us either away and home matches anyhow. As display we lost typical Milan characteristic on the pitch, exhausted weekend cost it all, weren't nothing to lose, played clumsily facing frontal attacking football by Azulgrana side, and we did nothing to cover up empty space which it was easy gap by Ronaldinho' strike to taking the lead. Eto'o goal leveled up everything.

Time to forget and we still have time to manage. And other challenge await ahead.

pixiraver

Acmilan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, okocha, shevchenko, inzaghi, maradona, romario
The game

At last barca wins,i told u guys that barca will come out smoking but hopefully we will make it to d next round and then arsenal or anybody be sure milan will be heading for the semi finals no two ways about that.But what a game from ronaldinho d guy is simpy marvelous ,he is magic.

Last edited:

pixiraver

Acmilan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, okocha, shevchenko, inzaghi, maradona, romario
The game

Come on guys bcos barca won doesn't warrant us to be cold.Lets discuss about the game,after all we won here in italy,cheer up guys!!!

Schedule