The Rumour Commode XXVI: March Fourth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Push comes to shove and we get Gasperini it won't be the end of the world. Hoping for someone better, but oh well.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
We are we in this posiiiiiiiition?!!!!!! fuuuuck we could be cruising now if we'd won one or two of those games :mad:

btw, if Atalanta makes CL instead of us, would Juve make more TV-money from CL? What are the rules there?

No they won't. A particular team will make more money from the TV pool in the knockout stage if other teams from their association crash out in the group stages. The pool is shared between all available teams from an association.

Whether it's Atalanta who crashes out or Milan, it makes no difference. At this stage, either team can be expected to perform at a similar level in next year's CL, so Juve have no reason to choose one or the other.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think Juve are going to play well. They will have seen Atalanta play in the final midweek and know the knocked them out, and they just lost to Roma and are playing in front of their crowd for the Scudetto celebrations. They won't sleepwalk through the game.

I'm really hoping Inter slip up today with a draw... Who knows, that could happen. That would mean a loss at Napoli would doom Inter even before they play Empoli.

We still need to beat both Frosinone and SPAL.

Still angry at the mood of the players before the Inter game, talking about how they want to reach Napoli at second place. We should have kept playing defensive football and closed up against Inter, not try to press them high and leave spaces. That game crushed us and it was on Gattuso for not playing to his strengths. We started panicking after that looking for a win and forgot how to defend, which was why we were doing so well before the derby. We never attacked well all season.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
I think Juve are going to play well. They will have seen Atalanta play in the final midweek and know the knocked them out, and they just lost to Roma and are playing in front of their crowd for the Scudetto celebrations. They won't sleepwalk through the game.

I'm really hoping Inter slip up today with a draw... Who knows, that could happen. That would mean a loss at Napoli would doom Inter even before they play Empoli.

We still need to beat both Frosinone and SPAL.

Still angry at the mood of the players before the Inter game, talking about how they want to reach Napoli at second place. We should have kept playing defensive football and closed up against Inter, not try to press them high and leave spaces. That game crushed us and it was on Gattuso for not playing to his strengths. We started panicking after that looking for a win and forgot how to defend, which was why we were doing so well before the derby. We never attacked well all season.

Atalanta lose to Juve. Inter lose to Napoli, draw to Chievo. We win both.

We end 3rd, Atalanta 4th, Inter no CL. THE DREAM.

Edit: Forgot about Roma also now... let's hope Sass can slap them and keep them away. Too bad Juve threw the game yesterday.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Genny, you are definitely one of the shittiest posters in here. Maybe even THE shittiest.
Congratulations

You want Gasperini, don’t you.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
I'll be genuinely worried if Gasperini decides to rest Gomez, Duvan, Ilicic, and Pasalic for the Coppa Italia final.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I´d really like Allegri, letting him go was our biggest mistake of the decade.

Gasperini would be ok I guess, at least he looks like he would offer a certain improvement over Rino.

Inzaghi, Di Francesco shouldn't be in our plans, they are non-improvements.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
I´d really like Allegri, letting him go was our biggest mistake of the decade.

Gasperini would be ok I guess, at least he looks like he would offer a certain improvement over Rino.

Inzaghi, Di Francesco shouldn't be in our plans, they are non-improvements.

Biggest mistake of the decade was Berlu holding onto the club while not putting anything into it.

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Biggest mistake of the decade was Berlu holding onto the club while not putting anything into it.

:fp:

Were you paying attention to anything??

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
I'll be genuinely worried if Gasperini decides to rest Gomez, Duvan, Ilicic, and Pasalic for the Coppa Italia final.

I’m genuinely worried right now regardless

But Atalanta going for the the CL by securing the game against an unmotivated Juventus is much more likely than them going all out vs Lazio.

Also, kudos to Necro. He seems to get my ruses in the past year much much more than he did before then.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

It'll be really difficult to find the motivation. Allegri is probably leaving, Nedved's comments last night seem to imply that. Squad seems disinterested.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
OFFICIAL: Lega Serie A have rejected #ACMilan's request to postpone #MilanFrosinone

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I'm happy.. I'd much rather these guys who wilt at the smallest pressure play before Atalanta plays.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
OFFICIAL: Lega Serie A have rejected #ACMilan's request to postpone #MilanFrosinone

giphy.gif

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
We dont have any schedule. What is the reason for postpone request?

Sent from my XT1663 using Tapatalk

So we play at the same time as Atalanta and Juve so neither us or Atalanta gets affected by the result we get before their game

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
What did I miss? Why is that answer wrong?

Fininvest didn’t help. People don’t bring that up much. Why?

In spite of that, Milan were typically operating on a huge wage bill most of the time

Poor financial decisions were more of an issue... actually the biggest imo

Also, B didn’t have as much $$ to splash.

That’s why I say “B didn’t invest” feels like a miss

The “he should have sold earlier”... well he got around to it. I don’t blame one of the most successful club owners of any sport on the planet being hesitant to cash out.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It'll be really difficult to find the motivation. Allegri is probably leaving, Nedved's comments last night seem to imply that. Squad seems disinterested.

As I said before: already a loss against Roma, playing infront of their own fans at home, Scudetto celebrations after the game which they will start off with a win, Ronaldo eager to score.

But then again, we have the situations that you mentioned.

It can go either way. Motivated because of the things I've mentioned or just throw the gamr away because of the situations that you mentioned.

Lets pray, for once, that they win

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Fininvest didn’t help. People don’t bring that up much. Why?

In spite of that, Milan were typically operating on a huge wage bill most of the time

Poor financial decisions were more of an issue... actually the biggest imo

Also, B didn’t have as much $$ to splash.

That’s why I say “B didn’t invest” feels like a miss

The “he should have sold earlier”... well he got around to it. I don’t blame one of the most successful club owners of any sport on the planet being hesitant to cash out.

Sure, I agree that maybe he was hesitant to hold onto the legacy he created. Understandable.

But as for the rest, that does lay with B to a great extent...

He didn't have much to invest but let poor financial decisions and huge wage bills on mediocre players become a huge issue as you've said. People don't bring up Fininvest because it was B's as was Milan. He was ultimately responsible for both.

Can't tell me there wasn't a solution to this other than buying past-it players on big wages and fodder loans every season. No way that the financial side of the club was so bad for years couldn't have been handled differently?

Maybe I just see it different from you. Fair enough. I just think at the end of the day - for all the great he did - that he let his last years tear down what was built by not making the right decisions where it mattered (or those that made the decisions for him).

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sure, I agree that maybe he was hesitant to hold onto the legacy he created. Understandable.

But as for the rest, that does lay with B to a great extent...

He didn't have much to invest but let poor financial decisions and huge wage bills on mediocre players become a huge issue as you've said. People don't bring up Fininvest because it was B's as was Milan. He was ultimately responsible for both.

Can't tell me there wasn't a solution to this other than buying past-it players on big wages and fodder loans every season. No way that the financial side of the club was so bad for years couldn't have been handled differently?

Maybe I just see it different from you. Fair enough. I just think at the end of the day - for all the great he did - that he let his last years tear down what was built by not making the right decisions where it mattered (or those that made the decisions for him).

Good example of the bad decisions: Ancelotti wanted Ribery. Ribery would have liked to come Milan. Berlusconi had the team buy Ronaldinho instead. Dinho was past it. Ribery would have helped till now. Even after all these years he's better than all Milan's wingers.

There was no good plan to buy talented young players or even develop them.

Last edited:

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
what celebration ffs, they celebrate scudetto one month ago. :rolleyes:

it will be just regular game for them and knowing that they don't give a fuck anymore, atalanta have great chance for good result.
and worst thing is... they'll be fine even with draw.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
what celebration ffs, they celebrate scudetto one month ago. :rolleyes:

it will be just regular game for them and knowing that they don't give a shit anymore, atalanta have great chance for good result.
and worst thing is... they'll be fine even with draw.

Their official Scudetto celebrations are after that game, meaning ceremony amd shit

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Good example of the bad decisions: Ancelotti wanted Ribery. Ribery would have like to come Milan. Berlusconi had the team buy Ronaldinho instead. Dinho was past it. Ribery would have helped till now. Even after all these years he's better than all Milan's wingers.

We had bad luck with Gourcuff and Pato though, they had the potential to become great players. If they had succeeded it would have been a much smoother transition. This really hurted us age-wise and created a gap.

Obviously we made some really bad decisions too.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Good example of the bad decisions: Ancelotti wanted Ribery. Ribery would have liked to come Milan. Berlusconi had the team buy Ronaldinho instead. Dinho was past it. Ribery would have helped till now. Even after all these years he's better than all Milan's wingers.

Yes, totally. Part of my point. As the big boss of Milan at the time, it ultimately falls to B to ensure the club is run properly. Wasting high wages on players past their best instead of shrewd signings - if finance was the issue - was a big mistake.

I guess I just have to agree with Raz' earlier sentiment about Genny and posting about football...

Just wants to bait any sensible post these days :lol:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I'm happy.. I'd much rather these guys who wilt at the smallest pressure play before Atalanta plays.

I agree. Get it out of the way. Leave the pressure on Atalanta.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score

:thumbsup:

I just don't see players trying too hard even if its in front of their own crowd. I mean, they will still play and all that, but who will go into a duel that he would usually take if it mattered? Nobody wants to risk an injury in a meaningless game

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
:thumbsup:

I just don't see players trying too hard even if its in front of their own crowd. I mean, they will still play and all that, but who will go into a duel that he would usually take if it mattered? Nobody wants to risk an injury in a meaningless game

Dito. That celebrations IMO are more a reason for the players to not give it all. I mean let's be honest: the second the referee whistles the final whistle and the game is over, players will head to the celebrations and instantly forget about the result – whether it's a win or a loss.

Atalanta on the other hand has everything to play for.

Juve won't win that game, that's a given for me. Maybe a draw. But Atalanta won't let a loss happen. They will fight tooth and nail against a loss. And right now, they have all the tools they need to win against a demotivated Juve that has mentaly checked out two weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule