Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
I’ll be here all night, folks

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
They got Buffon as keeper at 40 something years old. If that doesn’t scream they desperately need a keeper, I don’t know what does. You missing the point completely. PSG is known to want a keeper for a while now, they have been looking for a keeper for a while? Everyone knows that. Supply and demand? How many world class keepers on the market or future world class keepers who can do a job right now? Not many. So why does it seem PSG is dictating terms? In no form or shape should they.

They bought Buffon because he is a big marketable name, they made more money off him than his wages were worth

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lyon forward Nabil Fekir is being lined up by AC Milan, who could use former Liverpool player Suso as makeweight in the deal.
[Mirror] :lol::lol::lol:

it’s too easy to be a sports journalist these days

OVUNQUE CON TE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
If Donna wants out that's fine sell him, but he wants to stay we have to do everything to balance the books in other ways.

We sold Ibra and Thiago Silva against their will, It was a mistake, don't repeat it.

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Keepers aren't that hard to replace. There are a lot of good goalkeepers around. 50m + Areola is a good deal. Donnarumma has some worldclass saves but also worldclass mistakes, just like every great goalkeepers. What makes him even worth 70m ?

what about Kepa and Allison ? Premier league teams always overpay players. That competition getting a lot money from TV rights and sponsoring. You cannot compare that to Serie A

Yet people think we can sign EPL players like Torreira who plays in EPL and will cost over 50 million.

I remember people justifying getting 42 million for Silva because it was a record for a defender or something. Absolute fucking mistake selling him and Ibra. Milan could afford Ibra and Silva’s wages just like Milan can afford Donna’s wage. It wasn’t Ibra and Silva’s wages that was bankrupting Milan it was the tens of millions we were paying to absolute trash who had no business here and filled up our rooster.

Same story now. We don’t need Borini at all never mind on over 5 million wage. We don’t need Reina on 7 million in wages. We don’t need Biglia on 7 million in wages.

Get rid of the trash and renew Donna on his current wage. When we get better players his wage wouldn’t look that big anymore. If we are to ever have top notch players who are Milan worthy they will command much higher wages than Donna.

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He has more clean sheets then Buffon.
Btw he just signed a new contract end December, I think this rumours about a possible swap are sucked out of the dumb.

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Lol, they seem to forget that he is playing for Milan, without CL for many years.
Wich team are so stupid to pay more then 60m for a 20 year old GK without any experience in the big leagues ? Plus his wages are crazy for a 20 year old GK
And when was the last time we sold a player above 40m ?

All the types of players you would want in Milan command wages between 10 and 30 million. Unless you want more mediocre players here

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
Post of the summer

He demands for Maldini to... quit AC Milan

Incompetence-should-not-be-rewarded-with-blind-loyalty.jpg

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Realising Milan wasted so much wage last season:

Borini 2.5
Reina 3
Biglia 3.5
Montolivo 2.5
Caldara 2.2
Bertolacci 2
Strinic 2
Laxalt 1.7

Almost 20m wasted

All the types of players you would want in Milan command wages between 10 and 30 million. Unless you want more mediocre players here
Lol

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
I wish Maldini and boban visit la Masia and grab themselves a Verratti, I heard they have a hundred of Verratti’s there.

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Realising Milan wasted so much wage last season:

Borini 2.5
Reina 3
Biglia 3.5
Montolivo 2.5
Caldara 2.2
Bertolacci 2
Strinic 2
Laxalt 1.7

Almost 20m wasted

Lol

40 million euros in gross wages down the drain with the exception of maybe Caldera who has been unlucky. But the truth is we would probably have finished 5th without any of the above players on our team.

People should remember we are wasting 40 to 50 million on gross wages on players we don’t even need the next time somebody says we can’t afford Donnarummas 12 million wage

jon

The Matrix
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli, Cutrone, De Bruyne
Thought there’d be more bold

jon

The Matrix
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli, Cutrone, De Bruyne
Mercato madness

King George

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Boban, Maldini, Nesta, Costacurta, Montolivo, Ambrosini, Albertini, Desailly
Best time of the year

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
If we sell Donna for anything under 70 mil I want Maldini to resign. I don’t give a fuck, these legends have fucked up our club enough. I’m sick of it..

:fp:

Did...did either of you read the rumor?

Or is it just that time of the month for you two?

And if you wanna bump your gums about incompetence, I suggest you start at 2012, because I fear if I ask you to go back even further than that, you'll just get scared and run away.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
First of all I will wait for official news before getting too excited, even though the last few weeks of news have been mostly bad.

If the Donnarumma news is true and it is Areola + 20m, then I expect Maldini to decline the offer and try to renew Donnarumma on same wages or with slight increase, possibly with a reasonable buy-out clause of at least 80m if we do not reach CL by next 2 seasons. Win-win for all. They will need to sort out his agent, but hopefully Maldini and Boban will be up to the task.

If worse case scenario we are not able to make adequate sales, perhaps it may just be better to keep the squad the same, trimming unnecessary wages such as Reina's and possibly Strinic's, perhaps re-signing Abate for CB cover and making a loan signing at regista.

If adequate offers for Suso, Samu, Silva and Laxalt arrive then we have room to manoeuvre. Bottom-line is I do not wish to see Lovren-type players arriving on high wages. We are not fine as we are, but better than making awful buys and selling cheap.

I'm just hoping this is not the case and we are just waiting for 1st July to start flexing with dream buys the media haven't even guessed yet.

Last edited:

Kranjcar

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kranjcar, Nesta, Kaka, Gattuso, Maldini, Totti, Ibrahimovic, Chivu, Terry
There is obviously a lot of uncertainty with Milan today. The problem is that as time is passing by, it is going to be harder to rebuild the club. 5 more years without CL football and we will become another Nothing Forrest. Someone should be held responsible for destroying such a club....

Kranjcar

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kranjcar, Nesta, Kaka, Gattuso, Maldini, Totti, Ibrahimovic, Chivu, Terry
Btw is such a joy discovering my 13 years old account. remembering the password is priceless... and seeing favorite players list... "bonera, kranjcar :)))))))

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I love the logic here.

Donna doesn't want to go. He likes staying at Milan. But he knows he has to go. Raiola is pushing him out. Because he wants to maximize his fees. But he won't let Donna renew. Even though Donna wants to stay. And that it would make more money for Donna, Milan, and himself.

I love the water tight logic of this. Fucking love it.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
There is obviously a lot of uncertainty with Milan today. The problem is that as time is passing by, it is going to be harder to rebuild the club. 5 more years without CL football and we will become another Nothing Forrest. Someone should be held responsible for destroying such a club....

I agree. I have avoided making Nottingham Forest comparisons because I don't like the idea, but I admit the horror of the thought has crossed my mind.

We have two men of unquestionable integrity though in Maldini and Boban, so let's have faith they can turn things around.

Having said that, things may get worse before they get better so as fans we will need to hang tight.

Last edited:

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We just finished 5th in Serie A. We’re going through a rough patch, not the lower divisions of English football. Calms

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
:fp:

Did...did either of you read the rumor?

Or is it just that time of the month for you two?

And if you wanna bump your gums about incompetence, I suggest you start at 2012, because I fear if I ask you to go back even further than that, you'll just get scared and run away.

Well yes. Incompetence is the reason why one of the biggest clubs in football history is where we are right now?

I get that we should respect Milan legends, but going forward Milan legends should not get blind faith. Maldini has never held a position so high and if shown to have no competency then we shouldn’t keep him. My post while exaggerated is a reflection of the lunacy of the idea of one of the best prospects in Europe going for 20 or 50 million. If this happens I won’t be happy, should Maldini resign after? No, but if he fails after continuously he should. There’s level headedness. I will judge him after two markets.

I know some posters here are used to mediocrity. It’s why they love coaches like Rino, but I’m sick of it, this is Milan not Arsenal.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
Donnarialoa vs Haters
2-0

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Btw is such a joy discovering my 13 years old account. remembering the password is priceless... and seeing favorite players list... "bonera, kranjcar :)))))))

Your account is older than milanfan98

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule