• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
How about actually ranking the CL in a period relevant like for the last 20 years tops?

If we are going to rank who are the best clubs atm we should consider a period of maximum 20 years and a minimum of 15 in my book.

Why not 10? :tongue:

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
barca would be bigger than milan in last 20 years.

All rankings should be done after 1988. :thumbsup:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Why not 10? :tongue:

Well it really depends when you consider modern football started:)

For me it would be 1985, but i did not think the majority of people would agree.

barca would be bigger than milan in last 20 years.

All rankings should be done after 1988. :thumbsup:

Yeah you are right, 1988 is better:D

P.S: why do English fans make fun of the Scottish league, when the dominance of United in the Premier League is much worse?:)

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Modern football is a mythical creature made up by Carlo Garganese. This big club rating business is utter stupidity.

Fiero

Reaction score
Thank god for that. I'd feel dirty if you agreed with me totally.

I feel dirty as well. :cry: But why Barca? Their first Champions League came in 92. Second in 06. They went trophyless for six seasons before that.

Modern football is a mythical creature made up by Carlo Garganese.

:lol: I have watched every World Cup game since 1970 and plastic balls ruined modern football!

But also ultra groups. 'Against modern football'. 'A.C.A.B.' :lol: :fp: Ultras are probably the worst thing about football.

Vialli_92

Primavera
Reaction score
We're shit at negotiations. Always have been. Refuse to pay agents as well. Chelsea and City for eg gave Hazard + Nasri's agents £6M. We'll refuse to entertain a quarter of that. Our agent fees are like the 10th highest in the EPL or something like that.

Regardless of what you or I think, you'll find there's plenty of people around the world who put United ahead of Milan. That's a fact. People in France effectively consider us the 3rd major club, the Spanish often talk of us as being the next best thing after Barca/Madrid ect. According to a Juventus fan living in Rome, United are ranked as high as anyone, Asia speak for themselves, as do the UK.

I don't agree with it so don't fire abuse my way, but it's the way it is. It's understandable - the EPL is the most watched league in the world and those watching have seen United crowned champions 12 times in about 18 years, and only out of the top 2 twice. Does anyone even watch Serie A anymore?

Milan aren't even seen as being the biggest club in Italy by the Italians themselves either. I don't know of any Arsenal or Chelsea fans who consider themselves bigger than Juventus. You'll find that Juve have always been rated highly in England, mainly because of their success in the 90's which came at a point where Serie A was huge in the UK.

All about opinions.

For the record Barca > Milan, even though Milan have more CL titles. Madrid and Barca are the two biggest clubs in the world.
Milan should be rated 3rd/4th highest in the world, Because the popularity now from the Foreign OilMoney Premier League Arsenal and Chelsea are probably seen around the world now as bigger clubs than Milan from most supporters worldwide. In Europe Milan are probably seen as the 4th biggest club but in Asia and America Premier League is the only league that exists along with Barca/Madrid and Bayern now. Man United and Real Madrid hold the top 2 spots in my opinion Man United are the most supported team in the world even though i personally rate Milan as a bigger club than Man United.

Football has grown in recent years in America and Asia and so has the Foreign OilMoney Premier League at the same time. Serie A wont ever catch up unless Juve and Milan start dominating Europe which i dont see happening.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Modern football is a mythical creature made up by Carlo Garganese. This big club rating business is utter stupidity.

You cant possibly think that bit is true.The game is not played like it was 30 years ago or back further.Competitions dont have the same format, rules of the game changed(albeit not by much) players train very differently, formations have evolved tenfold and so on.

Last edited:

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
C_29_articolo_1000692_lstImgVert_imgVerticale_0_upiImgListaVert.jpg

Hes gonna take this shit league by storm.:o

neutral

Milan Icon
Reaction score
How about actually ranking the CL in a period relevant like for the last 20 years tops?

If we are going to rank who are the best clubs atm we should consider a period of maximum 20 years and a minimum of 15 in my book.

Thats not what you said earlier though? You never said anything about 20 years, you were talking about total CL wins.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You cant possibly think that bit is true.The game is not played like it was 30 years ago or back further.Competitions dont have the same format, rules of the game changed(albeit not by much) players train very differently, formations have evolved tenfold and so on.

So at what exact point did this modern football start?

:lol: I have watched every World Cup game since 1970 and plastic balls ruined modern football!

He's as fraudulent as that Matteo Bonetti fellow.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
milan and juventus are the greatest clubs in italy and possibly between 3rd and 5th in the world going by history. I rate liverpool higher than man.utd if you go by the number of important titles garnered over the years, but obviously not many picture it in such a way. Man.utd overtime has won far more accolades than any club in the world during the past 2 decades or so, so i give them credit for that. I still however believe milan is probably 3rd or 4th greatest clubs at the very least, with only real, maybe bayern soon judging by their squad quality and economy and perhaps barca. Juve's league dominance should be mentioned, too bad they only have 2 UCL titles though.

Last edited:

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
I feel dirty as well. :cry: But why Barca? Their first Champions League came in 92. Second in 06. They went trophyless for six seasons before that.

Barca have a 'story' to their history, and to me at least it's the only club who's 'story' or tradition/legacy if you will, surpasses United's for example. United's story or legacy is what puts them higher than what a mere 3 CL titles would suggest (though I'd still put Milan slightly higher), but Barca's is so steep in history that it goes beyond CL titles for me and pushed them ahead of Milan who's story doesn't seem to have as much depth as say, Barca, Madrid or United's.

To each, their own though. I'm sure plenty disagree.

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
Barca have a 'story' to their history, and to me at least it's the only club who's 'story' or tradition/legacy if you will, surpasses United's for example. United's story or legacy is what puts them higher than what a mere 3 CL titles would suggest (though I'd still put Milan slightly higher), but Barca's is so steep in history that it goes beyond CL titles for me and pushed them ahead of Milan who's story doesn't seem to have as much depth as say, Barca, Madrid or United's.

Doping, scandals, referee bribing... very rich history :thumbsup:

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra

What drugs are you on?
To go from, United's story or legacy is what puts them higher than what a mere 3 CL titles would suggest (though I'd still put Milan slightly higher)

to
but Barca's is so steep in history that it goes beyond CL titles for me and pushed them ahead of Milan who's story doesn't seem to have as much depth as say, Barca, Madrid or United's.

WHAT?
milans story isnt as good......yeah, having the best team ever, dominating europe for years, beating a Barca team said to be too good.....5-0, having players said to be too old (maldini) and still out playing so called young talented teams and now leading the way in FFP.

Yet, Milan has no history compared to Man utd, Madrid and Barca.

Seriously, how can this be?

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
chelsea offer 10m plus Mata or Sideshow Bob... I say straight swap Rooney n Hazard!

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Luis Alberto Suárez Díaz, life after Liverpool:

Thanks for sharing.

Although I can not understand the language, :thumbsup: for Suarez making that advert by adding his 'negativities' from football to the advert. :thumbsup:

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
What drugs are you on?
To go from, United's story or legacy is what puts them higher than what a mere 3 CL titles would suggest (though I'd still put Milan slightly higher)

to
but Barca's is so steep in history that it goes beyond CL titles for me and pushed them ahead of Milan who's story doesn't seem to have as much depth as say, Barca, Madrid or United's.

WHAT?
milans story isnt as good......yeah, having the best team ever, dominating europe for years, beating a Barca team said to be too good.....5-0, having players said to be too old (maldini) and still out playing so called young talented teams and now leading the way in FFP.

Yet, Milan has no history compared to Man utd, Madrid and Barca.

Seriously, how can this be?

Well done for taking what I've said out of context. I never once said Milan has no history compared to United, Barca or Milan. Had you read properly you'd have seen me put Milan ABOVE United.

A story isn't about the number of trophies one has, though obviously it's a vital part. Read about how Barcelona fought against the Spanish nationalism and all that political crap (can't really be bothered to go into detail). Their story is unique both on and off the pitch. How they revolutionised football ect.

Madrid also play a major part in that also, but as the biggest club they don't need me to put their case forward, whilst United also have an unbelievable history and tradition.

Perhaps it comes from ignorance, but Milan's story doesn't have the depth of the 3 I mentioned above. That isn't to say they don't have a history. As I said, the success of Milan puts them above United.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Well done for taking what I've said out of context. I never once said Milan has no history compared to United, Barca or Milan. Had you read properly you'd have seen me put Milan ABOVE United.

A story isn't about the number of trophies one has, though obviously it's a vital part. Read about how Barcelona fought against the Spanish nationalism and all that political crap (can't really be bothered to go into detail). Their story is unique both on and off the pitch. How they revolutionised football ect.

Madrid also play a major part in that also, but as the biggest club they don't need me to put their case forward, whilst United also have an unbelievable history and tradition.

Perhaps it comes from ignorance, but Milan's story doesn't have the depth of the 3 I mentioned above. That isn't to say they don't have a history. As I said, the success of Milan puts them above United.

milan has a very deep history. Mostly support of lower class v. upper class club (inter). There's a deep history there actually... lots of ups and downs.

I wouldnt' say barcelona's or madrid's or united's any deeper (it's not really any less either), i just think english media feeds you la liga duopoly history much more than milans

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
United fans, what are your thoughts about the Rooney situation?

Mou putting some pressure as well.

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
Interesting story

How far would you go to show your dedication to your favourite football team?

Well one fan was literally left breathless after he sprinted a mega five kilometers after the Arsenal team coach.

The Gunners, who are currently in Vietnam on the second leg of their Asia Tour 2013, were left in no doubt as to the commitment of their local supporters in Hanoi on Monday.

Their team coach, which was en route to the One Pillar Pagoda in the centre of the city, was followed for some five kilometers by a young fan later to become known as the ‘Running Man’.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
United fans, what are your thoughts about the Rooney situation?

Mou putting some pressure as well.
Lots of United fans (including my brother) have given up on him, and believe him to have given up on United as well.

In my opinion, he is still the most talented English player in the world (this admittedly doesn't mean much though :lol:), basically had been United's single most important player after Ronaldo left, could still contribute a lot for United. But I have a feeling he's lost his motivation to play for that piece of shit club, and would be rejuvenated by a move elsewhere.

Rooney with Mourinho can win the league.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Wrong, Mou on his own can win the league :tongue:

Rooney would probably make it a bit easier.
Haha, true true.

I predict a two-horse race, between Chelsea and City, with Chelsea to just about nick the title.

United will (hopefully) struggle miserably, especially at the beginning. But they'll still finish 3rd, because Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool :-)lol:), Everton are just not good enough to challenge the top 3.

Mid-table/Europa-places should be interesting this time around. Last season's relegation contenders, the likes of Sunderland, Southampton, Norwich are making serious improvements this summer.

For relegation, it will be the newly promoted 3 sides. They just don't look anything like top-flight material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule