Lack of wingers

Reaction score
Juv had known our offensive tactics.
I do believe Milan has better midfielders than the opponent last night. Seedorf, Rivaldo and Rui have taken the initiative to attack, however, the team did not get enough support from either wing.
Kaladze was too nervous in possesing the ball while Simic was invisible in both defence and offence. The replacement of Ser was too late indeed!!!!
It is too easy for Milan to deal with those opponents like torino, Reggina, whose possession in midfield is weak. But for stronger side as Juv (eg. Nedved and Davis), we shouldn't concentrate the attack from middle but also from both wings. Agree?
Juv managed to restrict the passing between Rival, Rui, seedorf and Pirlo is simply because they have stronger (althouogh less talent) player at the middle part.......and they play so harshly.
Noone can mark Del piero and their long ball were accurate indeed. That is y they sucessfully created effective counter attack. We need to improve our long passing in order to diverse out offensive tactics.
Any good winger available in the transfer market opened in Jan????

Still Milan is the best!!!!!!! :D

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
I never thought I would find myself saying this, but....ah......I think you might be onto something here. I will mention to you, that, by design, and our current tactics, we do not employ wingers, but yes, Simic and Kaladze are referred to as defensive wingbacks, who can push up into the action because of the stewardship of Maldini/Nesta. So, when thinking of players who play this position, who are not over-the-hill (Cafu, Roberto Carlos).........you know, the only two whom I like right now, (and really aren't even wingbacks, but if we can transplant Pirlo to a defensive mid, than anything is possible)....is Daniele Bonera (Parma) and Carlos Puyol (Barca).

kaiser

Beginner
Reaction score
hmm..i wonder how much Dennis Rommedhal costs.....PSV won't mind
selling him i think.......

vLaDuT

Beginner
Reaction score
A great impact could be produced by the bringing of such as Overmars, he is fantastic on the wings :devil:
red&black forever

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
vLaDuT said:
A great impact could be produced by the bringing of such as Overmars, he is fantastic on the wings :devil:
red&black forever

yeah, just what we need, another player entering the twilight of his career. No thanks.

Kambiz

Primavera
Reaction score
i agree, overmars is awesome... however its not wise to buy someone who is nearing retirement, or only has a few years left in him

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Seamus said:
I'm telling you Ze Roberto.

No doubt Seamus.......he is an outside fullback's nightmare......and, since Bayern will be forced to sell, (they probably wouldn't sell him), but Milan would look attractive after we pounced Munchen twice, and we have a steady Brasilian contingent on our side now....(Rivo, Dida, Serginho, Leonardo, and Roque) ;)

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Ze Roberto would be awesome but will Bayern ever sell him? I toothink Overmars is nearing the end. Puyol would be awesome as well but will he ever be sold either?

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
ads216 said:
Ze Roberto would be awesome but will Bayern ever sell him? I toothink Overmars is nearing the end. Puyol would be awesome as well but will he ever be sold either?

Probably not ads.......unfortunately, Puyol looks to be like what Maldini is for Milan, and Hierro is to Real, for Barca. Puyol will probably be Barca captain here in a year or two, and believe me, he will probably be Spain's natl team captain too at some point in his career. Hence, a player like this will probably stay in La Liga his whole career. Its a shame too, because if he isn't world class right now, he will be soon, and he will stay in that sort of elite echelon for a long time.....

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
After the Roma game I'm even more convinced this argument has a lot more merit than thought. And I never thought I'd say this but we missed Kala bigtime in that game. We have to get a good winger IMO since Serginho is very spotty and other than kala the others, less said about them the better.

efford

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
AC Milan Fan said:
A winger?

ANDY VAN DER MEYDE from Ajax Amsterdam!!!!!!

YES! actually Ajax have alot of good young players... i think Ajax is the first place we should look for signings...

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Ozmosis said:
AC Milan Fan said:
A winger?

ANDY VAN DER MEYDE from Ajax Amsterdam!!!!!!

YES! actually Ajax have alot of good young players... i think Ajax is the first place we should look for signings...

You both are right......that Ajax team has some young starlets who will need a bigger club to make themselves household names......

mamma_mia!

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Yes there is a lot of talent in Ajax and i think we need to get a hold of some of it. :eek:
But its probably not gonna happen during christmas break right? I thought Ancelotti was against that.

Schedule