The Rumour Commode XXVI: March Fourth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Players B&G wasted money on and we got little to no return. Post 2007.

- Ronaldo for 9m, played like 20 games. Left for free.
- Ronaldinho 22m, two and a half seasons left for free.
- Robinho for 18m, two good seasons and a bad season left for free
- Bacca for 30m, one good season. Ended up being included for Castillejo. Valued at 8m.
- Luiz Adriano for 9m left for free
- Bertolacci for 20m, just left for free
- Flamini, 4.5m wages for 5 years.... left for free.

Probably a bunch more of stupidity that I can’t remember on top

Lapadula, Sosa, Gustavo Gomez, Matri, Poli are a few more. Basically everyone that was brought in by Galliani at the end was allowed to leave for free or at a loss. Not the ideal way to run a club lol. Hence where the club finds itself today. Not to mention Silvio with the biggest fuck up by selling to con artists. It's been a dark decade.

Last edited:

Milanista92

Milan Legend
Reaction score
how many year 0 has this been? Obviously the root of the problem is a fucking plan that makes sense and sticking to it. Either hire a coach that you are 100 percent confident in and build up a team of young talented players or open your fucking check book. Enough of this shit.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
no it was selling shevchenko that was the last nail in the coffin

winning the champions league the season after his sale was the worst thing that happened to the club...they were already buried, but yet cheated the grim reaper and won unjustly

selling kaka was a mirror dejavu poor decision...winning the scudetto two seasons after was another injustice
Exactly...tales of our demise are greatly exaggerated.
We were supposed to be too old when we won 2003
Then we were supposed to be too old in 2007 :lol: (MuH EnGlISh DoMInAnCeZ :proud: )
The we won the league in 2012 which makes us immediately better than Arsenal and Liverpool

Not too bad for a "dead and buried" club
But we are irrelevant on the global stage ATM.
I'm just glad that we are ACTUALLY getting rid of the deadwood like Monto AND Bertolacci.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
CM: AC Milan legend Alessandro Costacurta has refused to return to the club. Speaking with*Radio Rai,*the former Italian defender said: "I didn't speak with Maldini. We are close friends, we are like brothers and he knows I would not accept certain jobs. If it's true that the Rossoneri will hire Boban, he'll be the right person".

GIAMPAOLO -*"He is an interesting manager. Everyone wants to see this new idea of football that he has. He is the right choice, I hope he'll sign".*

:cry: so far waiting for Boban and Giampaolo, no Tare(maybe for the best, seems like Simone Inzaghi he was using our interest for a raise), no Costacurta.

It's going to be a long summer.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
Maybe Ambro for team manager? He is not frightening like Billy though. Billy would have been ideal.

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
Menez also has 2 years left on contract and they let him for free. You know that your club is in deep shit and that you need money and what did he do... he terminate someone's contract and allow them to walk away for free, without any reason because they were decent players and we could take at least 1 fucking million. It's still better than zero. :rolleyes:

Galiani showed how awful he was in 2012-2016 period. It was easy when they had money and when Milan had reputation of the biggest club in the world.

It was mostly Berlusconi fault because he didn't sell the club but when you're in that situation, good SD would invest small money in talents and sell them for big money. What Galiani did, he spend money on old, washed and shit players. It's 10.06.19 and I still can't believe that he throw 25m on Bertolacci and 13m for Matri. :rolleyes:

Only good transfers were Jack and Romagnoli. And we were lucky because Jack wasn't our first option and Romagnoli came here just because of Mihajlović, I know that I read interview where he was basically begging Galiani to buy Romagnoli. If it was on Galiani, he would't buy him.

Milanista92

Milan Legend
Reaction score
galliani was a fucking disaster, holy shit ive never seen such terrible management.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
Lapadula, Sosa, Gustavo Gomez, Matri, Poli are a few more. Basically everyone that was brought in by Galliani at the end was allowed to leave for free or at a loss. Not the ideal way to run a club lol. Hence where the club finds itself today. Not to mention Silvio with the biggest fuck up by selling to con artists. It's been a dark decade.

Milan is never a selling club, Galliani is a target acquirer & negotiator, not a seller. Milan barely made profits from players. If i'm not mistaken, the only notable profitable sales were Sheva & Kaka.

I don't know who to blame in this situation, but Milan player were never left the club during their prime. It's either on bearish trend (thus they can go for free/cheap) or out of contract. So no profit expected

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Would be great if Maldini could get cracking on to sign some new players maybe with Moncada and possibly Gazidis or Scaroni. Maybe sell some obvious ones too like Suso if he is demanding a 6m/year salary or Donnarumma if he won't renew. At least start talking to their agents. And deal others like Antonio Donnarumma, Strinic and the like who won't fetch much if at all. True we'll need a skilled SD to get the best price for the rest, but I wonder if Massara is really much better than Gazidis/Maldini/Moncada who have also accompanied a real SD around making deals.

Might not be easy without a new coach but some special players who could adapt to a 433, 4231 or a 4312. Then once coach is confirmed but the remaining players to fill the gaps.

Hmmm... Now am hoping for Bigon or Mislintat if Rui Costa won't come. Not Massara.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Ancelotti's birthday interview published today: :D

The longest professional rapport for Ancelotti was with Adriano Galliani at Milan.

“Galliani is the best of them all. I also had some pretty much violent discussions with him, but he was fundamental in every moment of my adventure at Milan. He provided protection, mediation and consideration.

“As a Coach, Galliani was the ideal director. Nobody could match him.”

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
no it was selling shevchenko that was the last nail in the coffin

winning the champions league the season after his sale was the worst thing that happened to the club...they were already buried, but yet cheated the grim reaper and won unjustly

selling kaka was a mirror dejavu poor decision...winning the scudetto two seasons after was another injustice

100%

After sheva the club was never the same, our brand of football became mediocre.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan is never a selling club, Galliani is a target acquirer & negotiator, not a seller. Milan barely made profits from players. If i'm not mistaken, the only notable profitable sales were Sheva & Kaka.

I don't know who to blame in this situation, but Milan player were never left the club during their prime. It's either on bearish trend (thus they can go for free/cheap) or out of contract. So no profit expected

Milan not selling players even in the last few years has been one of their big issues. They've held onto players who had some value while being mediocre.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Galliani doesn't deserve to be disrespected like this wtf is wrong with you guys? The game changed, the rules changed and Galliani belonged to the old era.

He might be unequipped to swim with Today's sharks but in his time, he was the most formidable of them. I utterly despise the short term "what have you done for me lately" thinking of today's fans.

Again....not even suggesting that post scudetto or even post 2008 Galliani was poor but the job description has changed so wildly from his era that it's understandable. Also I'm not giving him a pass for fuck ups unrelated to this like his shady Genoa deals and the times he let ego and the perceived club image get in the way of footballing accomplishments. He is after all human

I will always remember him fondly for giving me my favourite player Ronaldo in a red and black outfit :proud:
100%

After sheva the club was never the same, our brand of football became mediocre.

He's being sarcastic :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
Cellino: 'Tonali is not for sale'
By Football Italia staff

Brescia President Massimo Cellino insists Sandro Tonali and Leonardo Morosini are not for sale, but leaves the door open to Mario Balotelli.

The Rondinelle won the Serie B title and will be in the top flight next season, with former Cagliari and Leeds United patron Cellino intending to stay.

“My Brescia needs to reinforce a little, not weaken, so we are not selling anyone. We’ll bring in some players who can help us be even more competitive,” Cellino told reporters at the Lega Serie A meeting.

He was asked if that could include Brescia native Balotelli.

“Brescia have a different President now, someone who pays the bills!” was his reply.

“I have not received any offers for Tonali and he is not for sale. You can’t play football with money. I’ve been in this business for 30 years, I’ve done my fair share of stupid things and I won’t do them again. That includes a sale with him loaned back out to Brescia.

“Morosini has to do better and he will remain with us. We paid good money for him and he’s got to do more.”

Cellino was also asked about the situation regarding the Stadio Rigamonti and responded in his typically forthright fashion.

“We’re in deep ****. It’s totally stalled, we hope to be ready for the start of the season.”

A shame if true. From what I've seen and read Tonali looks like the real deal. If he proves himself next season in Serie A there's little chance Milan with it's limited transfer funds will be able to outbid the likes of Juventus and Inter.
What makes this guy even more special is that he's more than once publicly asked Milan to come and get him, we can't go passing on potential superstars who actually dream of playing for this club - they're a very rare species these days.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Galliani doesn't deserve to be disrespected like this wtf is wrong with you guys? The game changed, the rules changed and Galliani belonged to the old era.

He might be unequipped to swim with Today's sharks but in his time, he was the most formidable of them. I utterly despise the short term "what have you done for me lately" thinking of today's fans.

Again....not even suggesting that post scudetto or even post 2008 Galliani was poor but the job description has changed so wildly from his era that it's understandable. Also I'm not giving him a pass for fuck ups unrelated to this like his shady Genoa deals and the times he let ego and the perceived club image get in the way of footballing accomplishments. He is after all human

I will always remember him fondly for giving me my favourite player Ronaldo in a red and black outfit :proud:

It should be more about what have you done for me lately especially for a club like Milan. Other big clubs or its fans wouldn't tolerate the crap and image today's Milan has become. Instead of living in the past, they should be focusing on now. What's Milan ranked in Uefa now? Like somewhere in the 70s I think. That's disgusting.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Milan not selling players even in the last few years has been one of their big issues. They've held onto players who had some value while being *mediocre.

*mediocrace

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
Galliani and Berlusconi destroy this club and they deserve all criticism.

We're dead since 2012 and I bet that it will take at least another 7 year to build great Milan like it used to be before. Probably even more.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Exactly. Good to great players converted from wingers to fullbacks: Zambrotta, Serginho, Abate. Just to name few...

giphy.gif

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
Milan not selling players even in the last few years has been one of their big issues. They've held onto players who had some value while being mediocre.

Because Milan simply have nobody to sell at profits (except Donna/Romagnoli/Suso/Piatek/Paqueta in 2019).

Milan performance was so poor that none of their players appealing enough.

Whose fault is that? I'd rather point out at the coach.

SD-> Find talents/support coach with suitable players
Coach->make the team functioning/Make the best out of what's left

Not the right coach>Team can't perform>Players don't shine>No suitors>SD can't make profits

Thr least SD can do is to optimize the OPEX. Allocate the salary budget for another "talent".

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
ag. Bonifazi: "#Milan is really interested in #Bonifazi. We'll talk about it after the Euros."

Kevin Bonifazi, u21 CB from Torino who played on loan at SPAL this past season.

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score

We're dead since 2012 and I bet that it will take at least another 7 year to build great Milan like it used to be before.

:lol::lol::lol:

The great Milan before :b: & :g:

(Serie B)
45546579_10155576491531300_7838434633686450176_n-e1541587593894.jpg

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score

We're dead since 2012 and I bet that it will take at least another 7 year to build great Milan like it used to be before. Probably even more.
They also created it.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
So in conclusion,

It's "either you die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain" situation for Galliani

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
So in conclusion,

It's "either you die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain" situation for Galliani

He's the villain for the Curva Sud mafiosi or "moggiani" journalists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule