What book are you reading now? (books)

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
loooool :D

they are plain stupid, i saw it in a book store while passing by ;) just thought of putting that name here ;):D
LOL :D Good one.

I enjoyed it. It didn't live up to the hype though.

Following some magnificent off-topic discussion in the EPL thread, I'm going to pick this up again. Only got half way through it before.

OpenVeinsofLatinAmerica.jpg

And I've been reading "A Star Called Henry" by Roddy Doyle. It's shite.
Then stop reading. I've realised -- all too late, I must say -- to put down a book if you find it worthless. After all, time is priceless.

Books or movies don't have an effect on me. If I watch a doc about chid trafficking, modern slavery, or horrific crimes I might stop in the middle and it might haunt me for few day thoughts.
Not surprising, for a military man. Then again, you sure must have your share of wimps.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
I know the movie is not great, but it's good enough to make me cry (and film-wise I've just cried to the Lion King and Bambi), I recommend it in that sense.
WTF is there to cry about? Leon, Man on Fire and Braveheart.
Not surprising, for a military man. Then again, you sure must have your share of wimps.
I'm in no sense a military man. But you reminded me how we were shown a terrorist who cut off a head from an awaken dude :eek: ... I stepped out of the room while it was shown.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Girly stuff, it was almost inevitable, tears were falling on their own. You cried with Braveheart?

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag

I'm in no sense a military man. But you reminded me how we were shown a terrorist who cut off a head from an awaken dude :eek: ... I stepped out of the room while it was shown.
Jesus. It's precisely that kind of stuff that makes me nauseous.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Girly stuff, it was almost inevitable, tears were falling on their own. You cried with Braveheart?

What girly stuff? They did live happily ever after ...

I haven't cried wathing a movie but those three were really close. I see Braveheart isn't a popular choice so I have to say I was 9 when it came out. And I didn't have the upper hand of knowing Scottish history to laugh at it then.

But Man on Fire was the hardest. Really. And not some usual tearbreaker scene but the one where Dakota fanning tells Denzel 'You were smiling'. IDK it's just immense scene. And the end as well.

Léon meanwhile is probably the closest thing to a pedo I can respect.

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
you don't like hitler err i mean gibson's scottish accent?

Frankie Boyle on Mel Gibson and Braveheart:

"Remember years ago when they were making Braveheart? Everyone was saying, 'Oh, its ridiculous, Mel Gibson playing a Scottish guy? That's not going to be very convincing!' But take a look at him now: an alcoholic racist."

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
What girly stuff? They did live happily ever after ...

Spoiler:
When they were old and she forgot who he was...when they die together, I know it's a happy ending, but it's sad
Girly stuff cause basically every girl I know that have seen it have cried to it, can't really say the same about the guys...just know 1 that cried to it.

Oh yes, I remember that scene from Man on Fire, but for some odd reason I didn't feel like crying. Never saw Leon. Now that I think about it, I also cried during Voces Inocentes, specially because the woman that worked at my house had live through what happened in El Salvador, I've rarely felt as impotent about something as I did after that film.

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Now that I think about it, I also cried during Voces Inocentes, specially because the woman that worked at my house had live through what happened in El Salvador, I've rarely felt as impotent about something as I did after that film.

Brilliant film. Your part of the world sure knows how to do horrific conflict - congratulations.

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Too many big books too advanced for your small brains. :o

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Girly stuff cause basically every girl I know that have seen it have cried to it, can't really say the same about the guys...just know 1 that cried to it.

gaymeter_gay_tshirt-p235706516944502647q6wh_400.jpg

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Didn't buy rum this weekend. Bought Rum Diary by Hunter S. Thompson :)

Sophie

chiamato Mr X
Reaction score
Fav. Players
everyone always
love hunter s. thompson...

same here, he's awesome. I got Kingdom of Fear for Christmas which I intend to read soon.

at the moment I'm reading a book full of short Italian passages in my quest to teach myself the language :D

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown, really like it
I read it in english, didn't want to have in german, it's maybe better to read it in the original language and also I like reading books in english.
Before that one I read some others in english, some of Anne Rice's books of the vampire chronicles (like Interview with the Vampire, Queen of the Damned and others) and those are great, I love them, def. one of the best vampire books.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Amazing book

suntsu.gif

smallest book and the best book ever.

small book but it gives so much must read

Tuesdays-with-Morrie-06-07%20web%20image.jpg

and if you are nut job and you are doubtful to all the philosophers :D
goodandevil.jpg

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
'Iran: Empire of the Mind' by Michael Axworthy
'Planet of Slums' by Mike Davis (re-reading)
'A Season With Verona' by Tim Parks (re-reading)

I need to start reading fiction again.

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
last book i read was novel 'the alchemist' by paulo coelho. highly recommended.

milan1st

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Kaka, Pato, Boateng, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ibrahimovic, Benzema, Fabregas, Essien, Ganso, Seedorf
devil and miss pryme- paulo coelho

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
'Iran: Empire of the Mind' by Michael Axworthy
'Planet of Slums' by Mike Davis (re-reading)
'A Season With Verona' by Tim Parks (re-reading)

I need to start reading fiction again.
I highly recommend The Miracle of Castel di Sangro. :star:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I highly recommend The Miracle of Castel di Sangro. :star:

A friend had recommended this to me couple of days back. Amazing story. Cudicini and Iaquinta had played for the club..

Recent Reads -

- Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell - Susannah Clark (OK, not very recent - but one of those books that shall always be in my top 5. Classic British fantasy - haven't read a better British book in years)

- The Prester Quest - Nicholas Jubber (Fun travelogue of two guys' journey from Italy to Africa)

- Hardboiled Wonderland and the End of the World - Haruki Murakami (Cant describe this book in mere words. There is no better surrealist author. If anyone wanna start reading Murakami, this is the best first book.)

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE
not much of a surprise...but at the moment i'm currently reading

healthy pregnancy over 35

and also

what to expect when you're expecting

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Neil Straus with the Crü 'The Dirt'. I'm in the middle where the infamous car carsh sent Hanoi Rocks drummer to the cascet ATM.

25378.jpg

Don't enjoy their music much so the best quote IMO is '... it was less as a band than a gang' - Vince Neil

Schedule