Leonardo Thread

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
fire this fucking moron!!!!!!!
idiot with the idiotic haircut!!!

he could do well in gay magazines.

He did a mistake in accept be coach of Milan.. but you going to far on him.

Pato#1

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pato, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Ronaldo
it is going out of control for him. i think he should resign for the good of him.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
i think the real question is how long galliani is interested in saving face.

Reaction score
there are more problems with this club than just its coach and its not always the coaches fault

Astafjevs

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
He has to go I'm afraid. No way should this team, no matter how old it is, be losing to Zürich.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
What we really need right now is 2 new players(in january) in there prime in any position on the field (we can do better everywhere ) that can insert some life into this team.

We also need a coach that can work till January with the crap we have now ,we need some one that will keep us in top 4 or at least close 3-6 points at max away .

Leo can`t guarantee that and as much as it sucks to fire him ..who knows maybe with the players he wanted the results would have been different ...we need some one that can turn shit into gold .

I name : Guus Hiddink

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Leonardo: 'Unacceptable Milan'

Leonardo admits Milan's performance was “unacceptable” and their problems are all in the failure to score goals.

“It is a bad result and a missed opportunity, as we would've been in a great position with a win considering Real's victory,” he said of the 1-0 home defeat to FC Zurich.

The Swiss minnows took the lead when a corner was not cleared effectively, allowing Tihinen to tap in with a volleyed backheel flick.

“We conceded an early goal, came up against a team that only tried to defend and we failed to take control of the situation.

“You can talk about bad luck and other elements, but we did not have the idea approach at the start and from then on it was an uphill struggle.

“This is one of those moments when it all turns into a chain reaction. Sometimes that goes for you in a positive sense, this time it is negative.

“We need to be more relaxed, calm and united. We cannot keep conceding these avoidable early goals, as they change the entire course of the match.

“The only way out is to keep calm, work hard and realise we can't struggle like this all the time.”

Leonardo admitted this week his position was not entirely safe and a very small crowd at San Siro jeered him off the field.

“If I could go back, I would accept this job again. I love Milan and am not worried about myself right now. My concern is what we as a club are proposing, focusing on my work and aware that these results are negative.”

The Coach confessed the problem is in their failure to score goals, as so far this season Milan have managed only three in Serie A and two in the Champions League.

“I think this team can do a lot better than it is now. The squad was constructed to damage the opposition, played like that for many years and qualified for the Champions League with that approach.

“When we cannot make an impact upfront, we are not constructed to defend effectively and so when we don't score goals, we end up suffering more than most at the back. Ironically the defence is the area of the team working most effectively at the moment.”

Leo has been accused of being too 'nice' to rile up the sluggish Rossoneri, some of whom were once his teammates.

“I have my way of working, even if I've only been doing this job for three months. I do get angry with the players in the locker room, but I keep it there.

“I didn't even need to say anything after conceding a goal from a low corner, as they knew full well it was unacceptable.

“In the first half after conceding we were too frenetic and that made the situation even worse. We were a little more organised and intelligent in the way we built up the play in the second half.”

It remains to be seen if Leonardo will still be on the bench when this competition resumes against Kaka's Real Madrid.

“We have a Serie A game and then a break for international duty, which will help us to work, re-organise and come together.

“Madrid will be a very difficult test against a team that lives for victories with extraordinary players. We must work to our strengths and cause them problems.”

Real beat Olympique Marseille 3-0 at the Bernabeu to maintain their 100 per cent record, so Zurich are now level second with Milan on three points.

Reaction score
this team has problems beyond its coach. no matter who is brought in, he will yield nearly similar results.

Astafjevs

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
this team has problems beyond its coach. no matter who is brought in, he will yield nearly similar results.

Ancelotti managed fine last year. There is only so far you can take the blame to those at the top.

anitafranc

bigger stronger
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo, Sandro, Pirlo, Pippo, Rino, Pato, TS, Janku, Kaka, Gourcuff
^we had Kaka last year!

Astafjevs

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
^we had Kaka last year!

Let's run through what he didn't have:

He was missing Nesta for the whole season.

Gattuso was out from November, for the whole season. As was Borriello and Bonera (the latter only played a few games afterwards).

That left him with Favalli and Maldini at centre-back, until Senderos arrived.

Inzaghi was missing from October-February, on and off, mostly on. That meant he had one striker for a very long period. I have deliberately ignored Shevchenko, because he was an embarrassment.

Pirlo was injured from September-December.

He didn't have Thiago Silva.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
SOMETHING WE MUST CHANGE
01/10/2009 0.02.00

According to Mr. Leonardo Milan in this great difficulty must find the strength to change, to correct the specific characteristics and turn them into new forces, the desire and the will is not lacking.

After losing the Zurich Leonardo commented on the negative of the team: "It 'a complicated moment, there are many difficulties, there is no doubt about it. Take a goal after nine minutes later did not help us, we put into frenzy we struggled to handle the ball. In the second half we tried to look disorganized balance, we created it, but with little order. In-pieces then we suffer too much, we are a team made to do evil, but today it is the case to say we need other things. Do not cover the field well, we struggle psychologically and physically, with the type of players we have we can not change much. We play a module made for the players we have, but we have to change, find new solutions. The team wants and he can not, this is the problem, we must find alternative ways to be more compact and competitive. Nesta played every game, he always pulled back and today was very tired. Ronaldinho? is getting well in the games has changed. Now we have to prepare the best possible game against Atalanta, a team in some ways similar to Bari, deserves great attention. "

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

Gattuso was out from November, for the whole season. As was Borriello and Bonera (the latter only played a few games afterwards).

Inzaghi was missing from October-February, on and off, mostly on. That meant he had one striker for a very long period. I have deliberately ignored Shevchenko, because he was an embarrassment.

The season we finished 5th Carlo had the whole team available, except for Ronaldo (which anyone on his/her right mind should've known).

This type of statements support the policy we're currently having just by having the right coach.

BillyC

Primavera
Reaction score
Sell the whole asquad, hire Gasperini and let the man handpick the player he wants (Obv cheap option). He will make it work no matter how bad the players are with the ball, aslong as they have high work rate.

Vik

Passionate Anime Hater
Reaction score

He had Emerson.

Astafjevs

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
The season we finished 5th Carlo had the whole team available, except for Ronaldo (which anyone on his/her right mind should've known).

This type of statements support the policy we're currently having just by having the right coach.

So he's not allowed to make mistakes? Teams have blips. He made up for in 08/09.

And I don't understand that second bit, because Leonardo is not the right coach.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
So he's not allowed to make mistakes? Teams have blips. He made up for in 08/09.
Do you believe we (fight for the 3rd place till last matchday) would've reached that place had we played the CL last season? The lack of Yokohama and CL last season is the difference between those seasons.

And I don't understand that second bit, because Leonardo is not the right coach.
Leonardo is not the right coach, at least not for this team, but stating that with X we did better with this group of players, is almost supporting the transfer policy and type of management we're getting, because "with the right coach, we would be doing better".

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Milan not havin Pirlo was great actually coz we played the best football without that midget so maybe us losing him could mean the better 4 Leo ;)
Its a fact that A. had a better team that Leo.
But why we need 2 bring A. when talkin about Leo ?
Leo should also take some blame when we lose vs a team with lesser players.
Either his tactics r bad & then its fair 2 blame him.
Or his tactics r good & the players arent doin their part & then we should blame him 4 starting those players.

Astafjevs

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Do you believe we (fight for the 3rd place till last matchday) would've reached that place had we played the CL last season? The lack of Yokohama and CL last season is the difference between those seasons.

You could argue the UEFA Cup is harder for a squad, because the games are all played on Thursday, so close to matchday weekends. The recovery time isn't long.

Leonardo is not the right coach, at least not for this team, but stating that with X we did better with this group of players, is almost supporting the transfer policy and type of management we're getting, because "with the right coach, we would be doing better".

I'm not in total favour of the current management. They do make mistakes, quite a few of them. That includes some horrendous transfers. But I do believe that more can come from this squad with a proper coach in charge.

For me, that shows that while the way the club is run currently isn't the greatest, the quality of coach is very important.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Milan not havin Pirlo was great actually coz we played the best football without that midget so maybe us losing him could mean the better 4 Leo ;)
Its a fact that A. had a better team that Leo.
But why we need 2 bring A. when talkin about Leo ?
Leo should also take some blame when we lose vs a team with lesser players.
Either his tactics r bad & then its fair 2 blame him.
Or his tactics r good & the players arent doin their part & then we should blame him 4 starting those players.

the 1 time he didn't start this year our team looked worse than ever. You can say we were bad today, we did have over 20 shots.

we ACTUALLY played our best football from mid december (the udinese game) on WITH Pirlo. I won't claim Pirlo was the reason (he did help. but thats when we got our best results, scored the most, Pato came to form, we got beckham etc. etc. The period w/o him was a bunch of 1-0 results w/ pk's and ugly football against mostly AWFUL relegation sides (minus the derby, which again was a 1-0)

And keep in mind pirlo was the only starter missing the end of season before when we LOST to napoli and finished 5th, not 4th....

but keep blaming him, like its all his fault. Go ahead replace him w/ anyone in our squad who isn't a regular starter and see if we get more creative. He's 1 of the best players on this current team, which might speak to how bad we r but he is.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
its not leonardo's fault zambrotta/jankulovski/oddo are running on empty...not leo's fault ambrosini/rino/seedorf don't have much left in the tank either...not leo's fault " nyewu" is on the team.....not leo's fault ronaldinho is a broken man with no professional motivation....not leo's fault he has FUCKING GORGEOUS HAIR.

the players play the game.

fengxiaoj

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pirlo, Nesta, Zidane, etc.
Lets not turn this into the Pirlo thread...

I agree with the posters that say Leonardo is more of a friend than a mentor though, he seems to not be able to control the team. One thing that I am noticing in the past two games is that even the senior members of the team look like they are desperate and gaving up. Look at how we were just making long passes into the box and having many midfielders attempt long range shots. The players are just hoping for luck at that point, and it is one of the few things one wouldn't expect with a very experienced team.

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
We can discuss about the player who we have but Leo has embarassed himself with his pathetic subs over the last weeks..

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
the day you sell pirlo we will start to play normal football :D

on a serious note to begin something good we shold clean up our mess all these old has been player dont help , we shold keep 2-3 and sell rest of them if you ask me i will keep nesta gattuso and pippo rest lets put in great milan clearance sale :D

ok if some people need pirlo lets sell gattuso
given ambro will always be in milan ;)

at max keep 3 among the oldies no we start with kala janku pirlo ambro seedorf dinho pirlo pippo :D

leo should be sacked for playing this starting xi whats new in him nothing come one coach have some balls and bench all those fags including dinho and bring primavera in ;)

Last edited:

fengxiaoj

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pirlo, Nesta, Zidane, etc.

on a serious note to begin something good we shold clean up our mess all these old has been player dont help , we shold keep 2-3 and sell rest of them if you ask me i will keep nesta gattuso and pippo rest lets put in great milan clearance sale :D

at max keep 3 among the oldies no we start with kala janku pirlo ambro seedorf dinho pirlo pippo :D

leo should be sacked for playing this starting xi whats new in him nothing come one coach have some balls and bench all those fags including dinho and bring primavera in ;)

Based on the performances this season, it is debatable that Gattuso is better than Seedorf/Pirlo/Ambrosini

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players

ashit...u srsly expect leo to trust youth-team players to keep him in a job?

SixOneFive

Long Live Don Silvio
Reaction score

While that's a bit extreme, you've got a point about who Leo starts and subs. FFS if it doesn't work time and time again, try some different stuff. While we're at it, throw some Primavera players in there. It's time to throw in Antonini, or maybe even Albertazzi in a little while.

Schedule