Tiemoue Bakayoko Thread

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Stupid yellow straight away but he did what Pioli thought was needed at the time - brought in extra physicality, height and a more defensive DM and ultimately played a role in the win

I read somewhere people were surprised it wasn't Benna, but Baka is here so he provide the extra physicality & height along with Kessie (or to replace him) when needed

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Other than the unnecessary stupid yellow, I thought he did really well. Added a lot to the midfield - looked like we played 3 mid? - to stop Atleti and helped at the back.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Yeah, people have written him off to early. He will be a good addition

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: brk

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He was a monster for us under Rino for a good while, there's a potential monster here too if disciplined. I like Piolis slow approach w Baka, he can turn out to be an important piece even if he's just a sub. It's a lot quality in depth that can make impact thats gonna be vital for the Scudetto

I'd like to know under what terms his buyout would become obligatory after next season..

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It was his risky pass to Kjaer which started the action for the goal. Baka is very good bench option.If we also take Adli in January ,our midfield will be top.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Wait..what? There's an obligatory buy clause with this dude? No wayy

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
eddie-murphy-yuck.gif

you all would've sung a way different tune if Kjaer wasn't smart enough to clear that error

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Yellow card after 2 minutes vs Athletic
Yellow card after 3 Minutes vs Lazio
Yellow Card after 24 minutes vs Salernitana
Yellow Card after 28 minutes vs Torino
caused a goal vs Sassuolo
Horror performance in the whole 5 matches
injured more than half of the season

And Some people here were having Orgasms' on him coming back.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yellow card after 2 minutes vs Athletic
Yellow card after 3 Minutes vs Lazio
Yellow Card after 24 minutes vs Salernitana
Yellow Card after 28 minutes vs Torino
caused a goal vs Sassuolo
Horror performance in the whole 5 matches
injured more than half of the season

And Some people here were having Orgasms' on him coming back.
He had some good passes though, contributes more to goal creation than Kessie. Nobody had orgasms, people were only semi-excited that we might get the Baka of Gattuso era.

I think it's still early to write him off. It's proven that people need time to adjust to our (Pioli's) way. This is a good environment to blossom and there is not so much pressure on him, as we have 3 solid CMs as starters + Krunic.

nanook

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
you have to make this analysis of the game for kessie and bennacer too

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
you have to make this analysis of the game for kessie and bennacer too
Bennacer has improved on this aspect so much. In his first 6 months here he was getting booked like a moron too often, then next season he barely got any. 14 yellows in 1st season, only 4 in the next one (although played like 50% of the time though)

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Bakayoko is the kind of player who might go on to some mid table club in the Turkish leage and become a solid player for the next 5+ years.

Reminds me of kondogbia...just a disaster waiting to happen every time he's on the pitch. Kondogbia has gone on to have a solid but unspectacular career.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I remember the times when Bennacer conceded 2 penalties in one game at home but I still thought he played a good game other than those 2 stupid rushed decisions

Benna learned quickly and how old is Baka and how long has he been learning, I'd give him time still but if he shows no improvement till the end of year I'd say we'll be unlucky to be stuck with him for another season w Pobega and Adli there, Baka has his good moments but if he's to be dependent squad player he's gotta improve. so much, why the fuck he plays like he's on ice sometimes. he must be one of the better paid players too. I hope we find out what the obligation is and what triggers it but I bet he'd have to be a started. 18m or whatever is too much

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
He’ll do well. Time needed. He’ll improve our defence.

nanook

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Bennacer has improved on this aspect so much. In his first 6 months here he was getting booked like a moron too often, then next season he barely got any. 14 yellows in 1st season, only 4 in the next one (although played like 50% of the time though)

tell me how many goals we conceded this season through their fault - kessie and benna. big problem of the team this season is poor performance of the midfield

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
If he doesn't leave, may as well use him. Would lend some much-needed physicality in midfield. He'll be rusty but it's Pioli's job to use all players at his disposal for the benefit of the team.

pippofan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivera, Altafini, Maldini, Nesta, Baresi, Prati, Van Basten, Kaka`, Albertini, Gullit
If he doesn't leave, may as well use him. Would lend some much-needed physicality in midfield. He'll be rusty but it's Pioli's job to use all players at his disposal for the benefit of the team.
They can't use him because one more appearance and they have to buy him.

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
They can't use him because one more appearance and they have to buy him.
Wow. That's unbelievable if true. I knew there was some clause like this but I had no idea we cut it so close. Whoever negotiated this needs his head examined.

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Pioli s idiot in using players. But in this case we re not losing much.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Remember his debut in his second stint at the club - came on vs Lazio and somehow escaped being sent off after a few minutes.

bakayoko-acerbi-fallo.jpg

Regardless, he was absolutely monstrous for us as defensive midfielder in Gattuso's 433 in the 18/19 season, probably one of the best in Europe in his role at the time. Missing out on Champions League qualification on the last day was mayhaps a silver lining, as we'd probably have spent €35m on him.

Can't see many clubs willing to sign him nowadays, but I wish him the best.