Official: Marco Storari Thread

panov

Primavera
Reaction score
It has been always interesting for me to see a player's debut in Milan,s shirt.
I think that Storari is good keaper(he was always the best in his side when we were playing with Messina)
It is never easy to to make up for Dida's absence but wish him good luck

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Storari Impresses on Debut

Milan chief executive Adriano Galliani was full of praise for Marco Storari following the goalkeeper's fine debut against Livorno.

5492_news.jpg

Adriano Galliani was impressed with the way Marco Storari handled his debut for Milan. The goalkeeper produced a number of excellent saves in Sunday's win over Livorno and Galliani said: 'It's right to speak about Ronaldo but first of all I would like to say a few things about Marco Storari. His surname is not as famous as Ronaldo but today he put in a really great performance. He had no fear and certainly saved the result. We suffered too much and even though the result arrived, we have to play better. We are marching towards a Champions League place and Empoli's win over Palermo favours us, now hopefully our form will arrive as well as the results. This sort of play costs as both Gattuso and Jankulovski scored after extending their contracts until 2011 this week. The turnstyles haven't prevented them from dropping by the headquarters! Jankulovski is a really great player who had trouble recovery from a bad injury last season, now he is shown what form he is in.' Galliani concluded with a word on Ronaldo: 'It was really incredibly exciting to have Ronaldo come on, it would have been marvelous if he had scored but I sure he can leave his mark in getting us to the Champions League.'

http://www.acmilan.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=40148

dino-diavolo

passionate rounder
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Maldini, Bazdarevic, Garincha, Zubanovic, Diego Ribas,Zinedine Zidane
he was just great against livorno...welcome here man!!!

SiC_Milanista

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Rossoneri
^^ LOL, I noticed that too. It's quite a bit shorter now. Hmm...so I guess the purchase of Oddo came with some extra benefits? :D

Great debut, btw. He gets a star. :star: Forza Storari.

pussycat_doll

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Henry, Raul, Sergio Ramos
i love the expresion on his face he always looks hippy=)))

Btw great debut keep the post safe,wee dont want kalac again there ...

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Can't wait to get Greedy Butterfingers off our payroll + his groupie off this forum.

Forza Storari ! :devil:

pussycat_doll

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Henry, Raul, Sergio Ramos

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Relax, kiddies. Of course I want him to do well; what I don't want is another Oliveira on our hands, a great debut that draws rave reviews, and then mediocrity the rest of the way. I had previously made note of this in another thread.

pussycat_doll said:
btw he looks so cute in that picture :)
Very much so, now that he's shed that outdated beach-bum look. (Nice diamond earring there, by the way.) I'll have to find a smaller picture so that nobody's computers explode.

Last edited:

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
BMWTaylor said:
Relax, kiddies. Of course I want him to do well; what I don't want is another Oliveira on our hands, a great debut that draws rave reviews, and then mediocrity the rest of the way. I had previously made note of this in another thread.

Very much so, now that he's shed that outdated beach-bum look. (Nice diamond earring there, by the way.) I'll have to find a smaller picture so that nobody's computers explode.

All right BMW, question (not attack) for you.
Storari obviosuly had a great game the last time he was on the pitch. Lets say hes the real deal. Is consistent, and regularly pulls off good saves to deny the opposition. So regularly in fact, that he pushes dida down to no.2 goalie.
Looking at the age differences, im sure most fans on this forum would be pretty happy about the development. Storari doing well, possibly signifying the end of a 34 y/o dida, or at the least relegating him to the bench. Storari isnt young, but youth isnt THAT important for a goalkeeper - 30 however is better than 34.
What would your reaction of it be? Would you actually be happy to see storari churning out great performances game after game for milan while dida sits on the bench all of next season, if it means milan having a good goalkeeper for the next 4 years?
Or would you dislike storari for displacing dida?
Im just curious to see what you think.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
^^^ She never answers these type of questions, so don't get your hopes up... LOL

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Very good debut but I still think he's a sub keeper. We should still look for someone to replace Dida. All in all, money well spent.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
Passion for *9* said:
^^^ She never answers these type of questions, so don't get your hopes up... LOL

Lol its not often that she gets asked something without the forum bashing her for being a milan fan cos of dida.
Im hoping my question was posed in manner good enough to get a response.

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
madtherchot said:
Very good debut but I still think he's a sub keeper. We should still look for someone to replace Dida. All in all, money well spent.
We don't need to look for a replacement for Dida, we just have to buy Amelia

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
teis said:
We don't need to look for a replacement for Dida, we just have to buy Amelia

Yep, he seemed to have safe hands (both Gattuso's + Janku's goals were unstoppable :D ) + is pretty young. I don't know if he's still in bad terms with his bosses, but if he is, then it'll be easier to lure him. Let's hope someone else doesn't snatch him first ... which is kind of the norm nowadays. :rolleyes:

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
madtherchot said:
Yep, he seemed to have safe hands (both Gattuso's + Janku's goals were unstoppable :D ) + is pretty young. I don't know if he's still in bad terms with his bosses, but if he is, then it'll be easier to lure him. Let's hope someone else doesn't snatch him first ... which is kind of the norm nowadays. :rolleyes:
Inter will probably get him :head:

magashi

Rino Follower
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino Gattuso, Sheva, Ronaldinho, Cr. Ronaldo, Torres, Sneijder
We could always go for some 32+ yo unknown keeper, currently playing in Seria B :D

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
madtherchot said:
I don't know if he's still in bad terms with his bosses, but if he is, then it'll be easier to lure him.
Wasn't he threatening to go to Moscow not too long ago?

madtherchot said:
Let's hope someone else doesn't snatch him first ... :rolleyes:
There's probably someone somewhere else saying, "We'd better snatch him up before Milan does." :)

Finally maneuvered that ginormous pic down to a manageable size. Recent pics of him are hard to come by. :)

storari2.jpg

Last edited:

takahan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
Ronie on the mark

The first team had a 50-minute run-out against the youth team on Thursday afternoon, with Ronaldo scoring in the 5-3 win.

5923_news.jpg

Milan returned for an afternoon session where they played the youth side that had just returned from the Viareggio Tournament. Carlo Ancelotti started with the following line-up: Storari; Cafu, Simic, Kaladze, Favalli; Gourcuff, Brocchi, Ambrosini; Di Gennaro; Ronaldo, Borriello. In the final part, Bruscagin, Marcus and Bottini took over from Simic, Kaladze and Di Gennaro. Simic and Kaladze played in the youth team defence.

The training game lasted 50 minutes and the final score was 5-3 to the first team. Ambrosini opened the scoring, then Borriello, Cafu, Ambrosini again and Ronaldo netted the fifth. Oddo, Bonera, Jankulovski, Grimi, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ricardo Oliveira, Gilardino and Inzaghi continued their performance tests.

Dida, Fiori, Nesta and Serginho were absent and the squad will be back tomorrow at 3pm CET.

http://www.acmilan.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=40343

Hrmm...Storari let in 3 goals in just 50 minute time.
Maybe he isn't as good as what we expected.
The scoreline doesn't sound right to me.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
takahan said:
Are you being facetious there?

takahan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
BMWTaylor said:
Are you being facetious there?

Well , I don't know,
I do hope to see Storari on the field after his last performance against Livorno, but on the other hand I am also quite worried as we cannot afford to lose more games.

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
takahan said:
Well , I don't know,
I do hope to see Storari on the field after his last performance against Livorno, but on the other hand I am also quite worried as we cannot afford to lose more games.
It's training, it as important as the color of the referee's shoes

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
teis said:
It's training, it as important as the color of the referee's shoes
Nice analogy. :)

Kidding aside, I'm not worried because I doubt these guys really bust their butts to make acrobatic plays during simple practice games.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
BMWTaylor said:
Wasn't he threatening to go to Moscow not too long ago?
All I remember reading is the president of Livorno saying Amelia was setting bad example, against club philosophies, etc. He said he wanted to get rid of him or something like that. Others surely know better on the matter. Help please :)

BMWTaylor said:
There's probably someone somewhere else saying, "We'd better snatch him up before Milan does." :)
Difference is, they actually MEAN IT. :(

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
takahan said:
while it is worryin' that Storari has conceded 3 goals in just 50 minutes... it remains just a trainin' game...

and just in case you didn't know... the defenders don't over commit & let the strikers get pass them rather than cause an injury with a stupid tackle... and yeah... they allow the strikers clean shots on goal as well... so don't be worried about the scoreline...

i'm more likely to regard his performance in a competitive game over that of a trainin' game...

tho he has only played 1 game for us... i'm more convinced of his abilities than that of Kalac...

Last edited:

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
madtherchot said:
All I remember reading is the president of Livorno saying Amelia was setting bad example, against club philosophies, etc.
So Amelia hates comunists? ;) Good way to win Berlusconi's heart.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
crazy4milan said:
So Amelia hates comunists? ;) Good way to win Berlusconi's heart.

lol Berlu hates commies?? I didnt know that.