The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The worst possible outcome just happened for the 12 clubs including us. The one thing we absolutely couldn?t fucking do is announce AND THEN back down. Ultimately, the clubs should have conducted some polling to see what the level of outrage would be to their proposed Super League. I think if they had seen that 95% of neutral fans oppose it and the vast majority of their own fans, well maybe they would have gone about this differently.

If you?re going to war, which the announcement essentially was in so much as a breakaway from an organizing body can be compared to war, then you have to go to war and damn the consequences. Now, the reputation of all these clubs has been damaged to why extend we will learn in the coming years, but they also look like spineless pussies.

100% agreement.

Still can't quite grasp how the 12 biggest clubs in Europe managed to stage one of the most ridiculous and spineless mutinies history must have witnessed. It's unreal. The announcement of SL already felt unreal but given the supposed power the clubs held in their hand it somehow made sense from their financial POV.

It feels like when Yonghong Li defaulted despite having a rock solid offer in his hands by Commisso and then ending up with nothing.

It just doesn't make sense.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
100% agreement.

Still can't quite grasp how the 12 biggest clubs in Europe managed to stage one of the most ridiculous and spineless mutinies history must have witnessed. It's unreal. The announcement of SL already felt unreal but given the supposed power the clubs held in their hand it somehow made sense from their financial POV.

It feels like when Yonghong Li defaulted despite having a rock solid offer in his hands by Commisso and then ending up with nothing.

This should be a case study in business schools worldwide of how not to handle a business mutiny.

History will be kind to Yonghong, he dumped a bunch of money into Milan and that money resulted in Kessie and I guess that boner Hakan and we did extend Donnarumma on a ridiculous contract. And then he decided not to sell to that goober Commisso thank god.

Last edited:

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Part of me wants the Italians and Spaniards to hold strong on this. I just need the banter to continue it?s only Tuesday.

Don't worry Krunic is expected to start tomorrow

Plenty of banter to be had

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
100% agreement.

As someone else said before, don't trust the English. If they held, others would have as well. But they all pussied out, so that's that.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Part of me wants the Italians and Spaniards to hold strong on this. I just need the banter to continue it?s only Tuesday.

Nah the longer this shit drags the worse. Let's be realistic: Without the PL clubs this whole thing is already dead. Why hold on to it? Let's better end it fast. It's over.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
“Football for everyone, just more for the locals, because everyone else doesn’t really matter as much”

That’s bs holier than thou attitude makes me want to support Super League

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
As someone else said before, don't trust the English. If they held, others would have as well. But they all pussied out, so that's that.

Just like in Myanmar, against the Japanese.

:lol:, we learned this lessons in Asia many years ago

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Nah the longer this shit drags the worse. Let's be realistic: Without the PL clubs this whole thing is already dead. Why hold on to it? Let's better end it fast. It's over.

I disagree with Sven on this but he?s right

It was an awkward marriage from the beginning. No sides from France or Germany...and Chelsea and Man Citeh, who are doing ok in the current system

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I truly hope we haven?t backed out. It?s better to go down honorably on principle here than scurry across the English Channel with their tails between their legs the say the fucking Brits did.

I?ll watch Real Madrid, Inter, Juve, and Milan play 48 matches next year fuck it.

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
I think they will try it again one way or another.

They tried with big picture project before. Who led that???? Liverpool and Manchester United.

Again, the were the leaders here.

So, this will not stop..... what do you think those owners will do with losses mounted from pandemic???

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
English pussied out of nothing... Americans tried to strongarm us... we gave them a flashback to Vietnam... they pussied out.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
Very surreal. Reality escaped itself

bacon d'or

Milan Legend
Reaction score

as their prime minister would say, "great supine protoplasmic invertebrate jellies"

voom

Banned
Reaction score
Uefa need to give more money. You can't play forever without fans,clubs have been affected greatly with pandemic. Nobody is happy.
Message has been sent. Now it's up to them what will do.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
probably that's the safe way for the club to go. They would say our CEO did it. We had nothing to do with it.

I too think this could be the end of Gazidis.

Shame, I think he did a tremendously good job so far, given all the circumstances.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Right, if you were going to declare the way they did, then you have to be committed no matter the response. Ultimately, FIFA wasn?t going to bar players like Messi and Ronaldo from the World Cup, it just wouldn?t happen. The domestic leagues would not have banned United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Milan, RM, Barca, Juve, etc. because their finances would collapse.

These pussies backed down because of 2 days of backlash, which means this whole thing was a fucking farce.

What stands out the most about it is the stupidity, not cowardice.

City and Chelsea decided to declare war on UEFA days before their UEFA CL semifinal matches which they absolutely don't want to miss out on?

City and Chelsea decided to risk it all for a "Super League", which would devalue and possibly destroy EPL - the Super League that's already a part of their reality? The league and brand that produce so much revenue that Abramovich and UAE no longer need to use their own money to make their clubs thrive?

The American businessmen that own Lpool/Arse/Manure will use every opportunity to make profits - that shouldn't come as a surprise. But Mansour? Abramovich? These are sheikhs and oligarchs that are prepared to lose money in order to improve their image. They aren't in it for a quick buck.

Perez and Agnelli took huge risks, but the EPL clubs - City and Chelsea in particular - are the biggest morons.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yea not quite sure what Citeh and Chelsea’s play here are.

They are closer to Bayern and P$G in terms of ability to spend.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
1812 - fecking remember it you americans and sit back down.

(not congo - will treat congo according to his wishes, he's Italian)

voom

Banned
Reaction score
Chelsea have the most players on loan than any team. Just look how many times they had send Piazon on loan.
Same thing they did with Bakayoko,paid 40 milions played half season at Chelsea ,it's ridiculous policy of the club.

boss85

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Boban, Weah, Nesta, Shevchenko, Kaka, Inzaghi
The Super League is releasing an official statement tonight saying that the competition is MOVING FORWARD, and that English clubs are NOT included.
@ellarguero
#rmalive

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yea not quite sure what Citeh and Chelsea?s play here are.

They are closer to Bayern and P$G in terms of ability to spend.

I think it was a fear of missing out. If all PL sign up then they will start to fall far back in terms of revenue. Wasn?t surprising that they were the first to buckle. Maybe not inviting them initially would have been better seeing as how they had the least to gain from it?

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The Super League is releasing an official statement tonight saying that the competition is MOVING FORWARD, and that English clubs are NOT included.
@ellarguero
#rmalive

This sounds insane and just a ploy to get UEFA to send another check for them to back down.

Or maybe they say fuck it let’s make a Spanish-Italian league and invite the likes of Roma, Lazio, Napoli, Sevilla, Villarreal, etc in order to challenge the PL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule