Christian Abbiati Thread

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
As I said before....Abbiati is shit....it was only a matter of time before he started showing what we all knew about him....had he been Dida we'd have made him walk the plank over a sea full of sharks I can't believe how easily Amauri raped him :o

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
drucurl said:
As I said before....Abbiati is shit....it was only a matter of time before he started showing what we all knew about him....had he been Dida we'd have made him walk the plank over a sea full of sharks I can't believe how easily Amauri raped him :o
I bet you loved watching that eh dru? :tongue: :D

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino Gattuso, Mirko Vučinić, Stevan Jovetić, Prince Boa, Stefan Savić, Noce
drucurl said:

This was a sarcasm wasn't it?

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Abbiati is an average goalkeeper. But at even that e is still better than most of our shitty team :o .

David-Regal

Maldini groupie
Reaction score
Hong Kong/ University of Southern California
Fav. Players
PAOLO MALDINI, Alexandre Pato, and all Milan players; Luque, C. Ronaldo, Grosso
allowing an unmarked opponent forward a towering header inside the box and allowing the same forward a 1-on-1 chance. It's Abbiati's fault :o

peters

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
i didnt see any flapping and unsecurity, dru. He could do better when amauri scored 2nd but it was close range and you would need a killer instinct or luck to block this (he could be positioned more to his right but i can guess exactly what people would say if he was more to right and amauri tapped a slow half bundled shot into his left corner...).

Apart from that (if it is counted) he didnt do mistakes. Yet he didnt save us from mistakes that our defence and midfield did. If he is crap, what does that make of our defence/mid?

Forza pirlo told it just fine. He is not a super-keeper, but for now at least he doesnt flap, drop balls, stand rooted on the line... yet :)

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
he is a good keeper the best milan player this year, continue the good work fascist boy

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Abbiati is a good keeper and at the moment much better than Dida or Kalac. He was not at fault for any of the goals last night.

If you wanna blame anyone blame useless Kaladze and the equally as useless Jankulovski.

How i dream of some decent defenders in the Red and Black once again.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
id love it if we got a peak stam,nesta,maldini and cafu again

or tassotti,baresi,maldini,costacurta either

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino Gattuso, Mirko Vučinić, Stevan Jovetić, Prince Boa, Stefan Savić, Noce
Marcos Cafu 2 said:
id love it if we got a peak stam,nesta,maldini and cafu again

or tassotti,baresi,maldini,costacurta either

If grandma had balls she'd be grandpa...

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
A.C.MILAN COMUNICATO UFFICIALE
22/01/2009
MILANO - Christian Abbiati ha prolungato il contratto che lo lega all'A.C. Milan fino al 30 giugno 2011.

Chris has extended his contract through June 30, 2011.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Beemer must be so happy :D

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Good news he has been on top form this season. Keep it up Christian.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

true but people give him a pass cause of defense is so atrocious....
you could argue our defense has been as bad in past couple years... only we've had nesta and maldini so people think its great. And although nesta has been class last 2 years he's missed alot of games and 1 man can only cover so much :-/

project1967

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I suppose he got a wages increase, to make it more suitable for a first team member.

If not, there is still hope for Milan to buy a world class keeper.

First sentence is more likely.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
abbiati you deserve every bit of it, cause you earned, i hope with nesta coming back we will concede less goals

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
milan will invest in an up and coming keeper soon though... as soon as dida leaves... otherwise facts r we cant really find a player better than abbiati TODAY. cech or buffon arent leaving....neither is casillas. the only options r dida rediscovers form and if he does he'd be in that top 5 keeper in world category.... or we invest in some1 young and as they develop and abbiati ages we replace. i suppose i take it back.... frey is better....but not at price fiorentina will demand for him... i think its better we find a young future world class guy like perhaps curci at siena or that brazilian felipe or who knows.... loan him out for a while until he looks milan ready....

i also dont believe in sticking a 21-23 year old in goal unless he's an absolute freak like buffon or cech.... majority of keepers arent ready for big club till they r in there late 20s

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
true but people give him a pass cause of defense is so atrocious....

Abbiati is getting a pass because he isn't Dida and not because of our defense. It's been mediocre well before he returned and faced such stifling competition from Kalac.

So much for getting a new (younger) keeper, I guess. Now we have the bald fascist for two more seasons. Joy.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Whats wrong in extending the contract of the best keeper in our squad?

He's definitely not world class, but is decent and reliable. Bring in Sergio Asenjo to compete with him, and we'll be alright.

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
EDIT: Now that I think about it, I'm talking shite.

Last edited:

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
And you have a possibility to delete you posts.

I still haven't worked out how, sorry. Plus, this way I add to my post count, and that makes me cooler, right? Right?

And when's the last time Calum ever talked shite? :)

This afternoon, when I re-wrote Scottish criminal law in an exam. I can also distinctly remember mentioning both George Michael and Hercule Poirot in recent posts. I think that answers your question :tongue:

Back on topic, as Milano84 (I think) was saying, Il Duce II is a stop gap solution. If that's all he is, then I'm happy enugh with him being on a longer contract. That way he doesn't get to walk for free when he gets relegated to the bench in favour of the new guy :)

Still don't have a clue who I would want the new 'keeper to be, mind. Better fire up youtube :rolleyes:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Im happy we have Abbiati hes currently the 4th best keeper in Serie A after Cesar,Buffon and Frey.

Last edited:

Milan14Legend

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaka, Pirlo, Nesta
He had an excellent game against Fiorentina. Cheers you fascist idiot with big ears!

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
This afternoon, when I re-wrote Scottish criminal law in an exam. I can also distinctly remember mentioning both George Michael and Hercule Poirot in recent posts. I think that answers your question :tongue:

haha.. i read that quick and didnt notice the bolded part... i thought you said that you starting blabbering about those 2 on a law exam, add to that your recent post about georgie boy and well...

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Abbiati is getting a pass because he isn't Dida and not because of our defense. It's been mediocre well before he returned and faced such stifling competition from Kalac.

So much for getting a new (younger) keeper, I guess. Now we have the bald fascist for two more seasons. Joy.

Abbiati>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DIDA thats the truth get over it :D
and he dont take money for breaking his back on the bench, if abbaitti was in didas place he would have been parcelled to athletico madrid, now thats you call a professional want to play rather than contend being number two to kalac :eek:

sell other two morons and bring back a youngster to take our net in next season, lorris(whatever) was good

Last edited: