Ante Rebic Thread

mato

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
We already know your love for Croats, afterall you got banned for it already

I don't hate all Croats. :lol: After all, I go to holiday every year in Croatia. :lol: I also rate Kovačić, Modrić and few others as very good footballers. Not Modrić #1, but very good.

But Rebić is just bad. Thats all. So is Castillejo. You gonna say i hate all Spanish ppl?

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
This guy is the ultimate fodder. He would've been Mirabelli's absolute dream signing.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Oh boy, I never thought I'd say this but we should have kept Silva instead.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
At least let the guy get a start before sending him to the guillotine

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
He's not this bad, but he's not a great player either. He's a hard worker but doesn't offer too much in terms of goals. I don't think he's ever even had more than 10 goals in a season and he played for a pretty offensively good team in Eintracht. He's very strong, has good pace, and can get past defenders when on form, but he's not a particularly good link-up player and not great at decision making.

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
Idk maybe just kept the ball in corner and wasted time for the team instead of lost it in a split second and killed all our attacking momentum

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
he is the kucka of wingers. He isn't even particularly strong. Seen him get pushed off when he runs out of gas.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Got only a quarter hour (I start to see why) but honestly looks like a glorified Borini, maybe a little better in attack and a little worse in defense.
The technical level of the DBL is shit and he looks to be a product of that.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
he looks like one of this kick_and_run players on the wing but lets give some real test instead of 15-20 minutes.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
I want to see Rebic start instead of Suso.

Bird

Haven't you heard?
Reaction score
It is really disconcerting when you realize that Maldini/Boban/Massara thought that this guy was exactly what we needed to complete the squad for GP...

You don't need to watch two full seasons of him to understand what type of player he is.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
It is really disconcerting when you realize that Maldini/Boban/Massara thought that this guy was exactly what we needed to complete the squad for GP...

i don't think this is true...he was a last minute deal after the other targets didn't work out

Bird

Haven't you heard?
Reaction score
i don't think this is true...he was a last minute deal after the other targets didn't work out

Feels like a get-rid-of-silva-at-any-cost type of deal but I'd much rather have kept Silva than be stuck with this guy for two years and I wasn't his biggest fan either.

You don't make a terrible buy just because your plan A didn't work out.

It's pretty clear that M&B got ripped off on this deal.

Rookie mistake from M&B, the highest paid management in Europe...

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
His explosive runs and physicality seem to have fooled people into thinking he's a high workrate player.
It's all or nothing with this guy. If he's not sprinting then he's barely doing anything. You won't see the likes of Borini, Hakan and Samu take long breaks like him.

His athleticism is also overrated. He might destroy most player in a 100m sprint, but agility and speed in the first few steps are far more important in football. This guy looks sluggish when he needs to turn or react quickly.

He's a good example of why upper body strength is not prioritized in football.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
I cant believe we swapped this guy for Silva.

He is mediocre at best.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He is great ... if one wants to illustrate what is wrong with German football. Outside of that purpose he is a horror show.

The only decent thing is his physicality, not perfect but that's not the problem.
His tactical behavior is stiff, he shifts between roles and positions in an extremely unnatural way, there is nothing gradual, he either is dead on a RWB or RW.
His technique is non existent, its almost laughable.
His passing is as heavy as it gets.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
I know it won't be a popular idea, but I would like to see him get an extended run in the next two games. I don't think he is anywhere near as bad as he has been for us so far, and I would like to see if getting more game time could get him out of his funk.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
such a bad move to swap silva for him.. funny how we cold use striker rn and not a.... whatever rebic is...???..

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I hope he doesn’t end his loan just yet. With the 442 or any two striker system he’s very useful. He could compete with Leao for the second striker or at least be his back up. The case where he leaves and Suso/Castiejllo become back up ss is scary.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I hope he doesn’t end his loan just yet. With the 442 or any two striker system he’s very useful. He could compete with Leao for the second striker or at least be his back up. The case where he leaves and Suso/Castiejllo become back up ss is scary.

He is not going to be a backup thats for sure.

Hope he rotates with leao and finds some consistency.

So far he was shit with us but he is a good player and if played right can be a great asset.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
People have mentioned using him as left mid but he’s more effective playing closer to the goal. Doesn’t have defensive work rate or quality, and he’s too inconsistent in his first touch and pass to play deeper.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
He is not going to be a backup thats for sure.

Hope he rotates with leao and finds some consistency.

So far he was shit with us but he is a good player and if played right can be a great asset.

Second striker is a very demanding role, and Leao always lays off the paddle around minute 60. I wld say in any 2 striker system he’s sure to get minutes.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Second striker is a very demanding role, and Leao always lays off the paddle around minute 60. I wld say in any 2 striker system he’s sure to get minutes.
Yes, thats the plan with the arrival of ibra.

So hope he stays. He did look like giving a damn on the pitch.

Lets see...

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Finally a good performance.:thumbsup:

But what is all these calls, in the match thread, for him to start at LM?
I get that you want Bona & Hakan benched, but it's pretty clear by now that Rebic is a second striker, or a wing-forward who starts off wide but makes most of his touches in the center.

He can't cover ground like Samu or Hakan. Doesn't have the endurance for it, and he also doesn't have the skills to thrive in a wide position far away from the goal. He never did, even at Frankfurt or during the World Cup. Sure he was the RW of a 4-5-1 on paper, but he spent most of the time in the center. He did spend an awful lot of time on the flanks during some games, and all I can remember from them were fouls, dives and bad touches which made him one of the most hated players of the tournament at some point.

He has the body of a forward or a KPB-esque "trequartista" and this is how he thrived at Frankfurt. He was taking the physical battles for Jovic and basically filled in where Jovic lacked. He pressed the defenders, but he wasn't someone who'd track a fullback deep into their own half.

Tonight/yesterday was the first time he had a similar role. The team played on the counter, the transitions were quick, he usually received the ball just outside the box and he played it quick just as he prefers.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
He was taking the physical battles for Jovic and basically filled in where Jovic lacked. He pressed the defenders, but he wasn't someone who'd track a fullback deep into their own half.

There is only one Mbaye Niang and we sold him :(

Schedule