Who's actually funding Milan?

RossoNero83

#RedTurdOut
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Savicevic, Massaro, Simone, Sheva, Kaka and Maldini
So far we know that Mr Bee is due to buy 48% of Milan shares which I suppose is a good thing. My question is though, where has this sudden amount of money come from? Has Bee injected the club? Because from what I understand is the money is coming from Finninvest and that Berlu and family will make this money back when Milan are floating on the Asian stock exchange.
Can anyone clear this up? Cheers

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
No one at the moment as we've not actually signed any players. I'm waiting for the players to sign before I believe any of this. We've been here before with Silvio and Galliani.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli Beckham Berlusconi Pep Donnarumma
People's Republic of China
中华人民共和国
Zhōnghu? R?nm?n G?ngh?gu?

char21

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I suppose It's Bee and Berlu together but majorly Bee and his investors. They are guaranteed of returns once they put Milan in Asian stock market....

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
I suppose It's Bee and Berlu together but majorly Bee and his investors. They are guaranteed of returns once they put Milan in Asian stock market....

This. I think the money is from Presidente :proud:, who got it from Bee, who (hopefully) gets his returns when we go on stock market.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Oh and Doyen also has some involvement through Bee.

Randomername

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibracadabra Drake
Some link a gif or clip from "The Wire" about following the money...

Basically I don't want to know until our well runs dry.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh and Doyen also has some involvement through Bee.

doyen's involvement will be scouting and availability of players they have a common interest in

entire thing is that they will make us richer but doyen will get richer too

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
doyen's involvement will be scouting and availability of players they have a common interest in

entire thing is that they will make us richer but doyen will get richer too

That's the official word. They can't really say if the influence is bigger. I'm afraid it is somewhat bigger. Few markets should clear that out.

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
So far we know that Mr Bee is due to buy 48% of Milan shares which I suppose is a good thing. My question is though, where has this sudden amount of money come from? Has Bee injected the club? Because from what I understand is the money is coming from Finninvest and that Berlu and family will make this money back when Milan are floating on the Asian stock exchange.
Can anyone clear this up? Cheers

Its all a big blur.. But i trust fininvest.. they handled well several crisis.. probably know what they are doing..
just hope they arent overfloating contracts of the market to give a meaning to the money that probably is coming.

Last edited:

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Mr. Bee who is supported by Citic Bank from China (Chinese gov. bank) and ADS Abu Dhabi

Even more money could come from selling shares on the stock market in Hong Kong. Apparently as much as 18% could be sold (each party selling the same amount of %)

Silvio is also investing again

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
After the kondogbia saga.. i dont know if theres actually money invested.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
It's difficult to answer this question because there is no way any of us can know exactly how the financial details are structured, until the stock market listing happens. Even then, it may not be crystal clear.

What I feel is happening:

1. Bee's investors (If any. No one has come forward yet) and Doyen buy 48% of Milan. This money will come from either a) actual money or b) Doyen buying players and using them as equivalents of money in the balance sheet.

2. Doyen Sports' involvement is highly unlikely to be just advisory. Their business is essentially trading (of players) and I refuse to believe their scouting potential is any better than that of a typical well-networked scout. They buy players cheaply, and help grow their value by sales in the transfer market. With Milan, if they've actually bought into the club (as Platini suggested), they've found a way around the third party ban. Now they are officially stakeholders in the club and so not a third party.

Imagine a company of which, say, 20% is owned by a recruitment agency. This recruitment agency sits in the company's office and is purely concerned with recruiting and firing employees. They spend the money required to hire employees and they sell these employees to other companies when they want to. This agency has its own P&L in addition to the company's P&L. In my mind, what Doyen wants to do with Milan is something like this recruitment agency's work. Milan will profit because they will enjoy the work of the employees hired and fired by the agency. And they dont have to worry about finding money to hire them.

3. Transfer market money for 2015/16: This is tricky because we still dont know how much Milan would invest. I think it'll be a fairly good amount and I think Fininvest and Berlusconi will fund all of this. Why are they spending now since they didnt spend in the last few years? Answer is two-folds:

a) Bee will float the club in the stock market and the club's valuation, initial price etc is likely to depend on the asset base. If you invest now, there's a good chance that you get a better valuation. In short, this is the time to invest since club shares will be sold to the general public very soon. Berlusconi and Fininvest would naturally want the shares to be as expensive as possible.

b) FFP rules are going to be relaxed after lobbying from several clubs, particularly Milan, Inter and Roma. This is because these three clubs have had recent ownership changes and the new owners feel it's unfair that they can't invest beyond means while PSG, City etc got a chance to do that before the rules were enforced. Therefore, Milan and Inter particularly have a chance to spend some money in the next couple of seasons and still be clear of FFP when they qualify for Europe.

All speculation at this point, but we will know some more information when the 8 week period is over (another 6 weeks to go?) and then a lot more when the club is listed in the Asian market.

Last edited:

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Doyen has already stated that they are just advisors and do not have a stake in the Bee takeover

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Doyen has already stated that they are just advisors and do not have a stake in the Bee takeover

Hardly a conclusive source. It may be the case, but you definitely can't conclude it because Doyen said so.

Just think about it a little. Do you really think a club like Milan would hire an external company just for advice on which players to target? Especially looking at the history of that company?

NIRossoneri

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hardly a conclusive source. It may be the case, but you definitely can't conclude it because Doyen said so.

Just think about it a little. Do you really think a club like Milan would hire an external company just for advice on which players to target? Especially looking at the history of that company?

That company has to now change its business model from a talent buying agency to something else.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, so far only Berlusconi and it was only ever was him.

Now, if we don't make CL and Bee deal falls through, we will sell key players next summer.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
no one said illuminati yet?

wtf is happening with internet

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
I don't think you're ready for the truth

Burlesqoni

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Berlusconi bought the truth and is keeping it for himself as a means to live forever.

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pippo, Jack
yo mama's vag