Reaction score
1371.jpg

Fullname: Luca Santonocito
Born: 11 Feb 1991
Birthplace: Mariano Comense
Signed: 28 Aug 2007
Position: Left-back

Luca Santonocito Returns To Italy With Milan

Late last night it would appear that Luca Santonocito returned to Italy to sign for Milan. The 19-year-old previously came through the ranks of the youth system at Inter, before joining Celtic in a three-year deal in 2007.

That deal has expired though, and Milan have captured the youngster outright. Celtic played Santonocito as a left back at youth level and reserves, but it would seem that the Italians want to apply him as a wing back or left midfielder.

When asked orginally about why he joined Celtic from Inter, Santonocito stated that Celtic's desire to recruit foreign talent had attracted him: "First, the fact that they have seen me in Italy and they deliberately made me do a trial , the result of which you know.

"Moreover, I came from Inter, a squad of a great level, and they prefer foreigners over the national students where I played," he told the Italian Celts CSC

Welcome to the new ERA anther sleepy eye'd kid from Merda :proud:

please sticky

Last edited:

anth183

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Andriy Shevchenko, and Filippo Inzaghi
anyone seen him play? any good?

Dutchie-Milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I loved the part where he said that Inter prefer foreigners than italians.Anyway,any talent is welcome at our club.He is 19 years old and i hope he will be next big thing for us.Allegri knows how to involve the Primavera with first-team projects.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Welcome to your new home Luca Santonocito :) Now you and Andrea De Vito will compete for the LB position, unless if you moved to MF.

Last edited:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Stickied it. Though, I'm not sure we need threads for every Primavera player here.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
He's 19. Maybe he'll get some time with the first XI.

How old's De Vito?

Xudong

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
could someone photoshop off the ugly black-and-blue thingy in his picture? :D

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone
He's 19. Maybe he'll get some time with the first XI.

How old's De Vito?

they're pretty much the same age, maybe will join the pre-season tour so we can see a bit of him...
celtic fans seems to like the kid

Neenyg

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

good point! Yea hope this guy is like Santon or something, a young dynamic left back would be amazing for us

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
one thing that could be good is that he will most likely be physically ready .....SPL focus on physicality and strength so he will be good (im guessing ) in that area ....might be stronger than Anton..:tounge:

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
one thing that could be good is that he will most likely be physically ready .....SPL focus on physicality and strength so he will be good (im guessing ) in that area ....might be stronger than Anton..:tounge:

did he get first team games with them?

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Hopefully he will become good.In the past 2*3 years we been signing all this youngsters up,but non of them seem to step up yet :head:

I know not every promising privamera player makes it to the first team,it would just be nice if we had one.Last one was in 1986 ffs:(

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully he will become good.In the past 2*3 years we been signing all this youngsters up,but non of them seem to step up yet :head:

I know not every promising privamera player makes it to the first team,it would just be nice if we had one.Last one was in 1986 ffs:(

Borrielo, Abate, Antonini, Ambrosini, Abiatti .. We have 5 in our first team who r originally from our old youth acadamy. We may not be producing world class talents there for a while .. And Oddo even though is shit now is also from Milan youth acadamy and was a NT regular for a long time .. But for a team that sucks in youth development for last 20 years that is a pretty good number as all the 5 mentioned above r above average/good players.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Even though I haven't a clue of how good a player he is, I'd like to see more of this. What Milan need to do is sign tons of young prospects + figure out who is quality and who isn't. Also, Milan need to get back to their roots ... and our roots have always been Italian.

So thumbs up for this signing.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Borrielo, Abate, Antonini, Ambrosini, Abiatti .. We have 5 in our first team who r originally from our old youth acadamy. We may not be producing world class talents there for a while .. And Oddo even though is shit now is also from Milan youth acadamy and was a NT regular for a long time .. But for a team that sucks in youth development for last 20 years that is a pretty good number as all the 5 mentioned above r above average/good players.

Yeah but i was refereeing to promising ones as in world class,hence the promising part:p

And its really sad that we have first team starters players like the ones u mentioned.

lexx

try and crack a smile
Reaction score
Fav. Players
costacurta albertini gattuso maldini del piero bernard
actually AZ it has only really been in the last year that milan has really went out into the market and brought decent youth players, the transfer before this current season included ikande merkel foggia albertazzi aubameyang bros novinic compared to this season where milan really went for the jugular and brought the likes of zigoni berretta barbini matteo doni hottor calvano dal compare even adiyiah can be considered a primavera signing. I would have to agree with anilak with the minimum amount of investment milan has done pretty well if only we had kept a hold of foggia and sammarco.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
19 year old inter reject bought from celtic reserves whos an LB but they want to turn him into an LM/LW

if only words can describe how I feel.:proud: :proud: :proud:

volcanopele

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
El Shaarawy, Balotelli
This was my attempt. Just a channel swap on his jersey, exchanging blue for red, and red for blue and green. This turned the blue in his Inter jersey to a nice shade of red ;)

1371a.jpg

SixOneFive

Long Live Don Silvio
Reaction score
can't complain here. even if he flops, throw him in a coppa italia match so that we can say he has :star: first team experience :star: and then sell him for profit. seriously don't know why we don't do this more often.

most important thing here is his name. Santonocito is ballin shit.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
can't complain here. even if he flops, throw him in a coppa italia match so that we can say he has :star: first team experience :star: and then sell him for profit. seriously don't know why we don't do this more often.

most important thing here is his name. Santonocito is ballin shit.

half Santon and half Criscito... I could dig that.

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
on the Celtic forums it seems like he was primarily operating @ Lb ,but him being able to play LCM/lw means he has got some pace which is good....dont he is tall either ...saw a pic of him and Strachan and he wasn't much taller....1.7~

edit : he was used as midfielder

Strachan rates him:

Manager Gordon Strachan was thrilled with the acquisition of Santonocito, a member of Inters Allievi Nazionali squad.

The Celtic boss told: 'We are delighted to welcome Luca to Celtic Park and we look forward to working with him.

'We had him training with the first team already yesterday morning and, although at 16 he is still a young lad, he certainly did not look out of place.'

sixteen :eek:

from an interview:

But what kind of player is Luca Santonocito ?

If I were to describe him I would speak of an inner midfield with enviable technique , great vision and left exquisitely foot with which he can invent played decisive at all times.
But having the opportunity to ask the direct question I could not feel bound to ask how you describe and that inspires players . And here's the answer: "It 's hard to tell how to play, but I try to do : I have a great vision of the game and good left foot , if not disdain to use the right also . I am inspired to De Rossi , I really like as a player , I find it complete. But also I appreciate Pirlo, which I admire the ease with which he plays ". And if ripercorresse the footsteps of samples citing ...

And if you have very clear ideas on what are his references to current ideas seem so clear in respect of past champions with whom he wanted to play and other young people like him with whom he played just as well that could make a career .

Asked about past champions , in fact , answered without hesitation : " Maradona and Maldini. Even if it is just that no longer plays for me is a true legend ".
With regard to his companions at the time of interaction or play with now , however, says : " Santon played with me and now plays for Inter first team. But Caldirola , Obi and Right are good players , it will make the road. Here at Celtic but I am comfortable with James Forrest, we understand each other quickly. As he moves I know where to put the ball , there is a good agreement ".

Luke , however , given the age, is still a player early in his career . But the emotions , even strong, has already been able to try. Duty, therefore , was to ask what were those that had the most marked : "There is a moment in particular that can be described better than others , as regards my football career. To name a couple I would say winning the Scudetto with Inter ol'esordio with Celtic against Benfica in front of 18,000 people in Canada ".

There have been emotionally intense moments , many others expect in the coming years.
Precisely for this reason it was interesting to talk about what his dreams in relation to his career at both club level as a National . This , then , your answer : "Playing for Milan is the dream I had as a child and I hope to carve out a future National.

Quite clear , then. That the lead at the top of world football. And for the good of our football is certainly to be hoped will be able to realize their dreams . We speak of a potential champion could do very well to Italian football .

What can I say ? Hopefully.

This guy :proud: ....oficially a fanboy...is everyone in inters youth a closet fan.....more importantly do we keep chasing them away??.......Guy has love for the jersey hope he turns out good

BTW Santonocito is too long .....gotta come up with something better/shorter....Santo...Cito???

Recently the majority of the Celtic under 19's side were released with the exception of a few for example Luca Santonocito and Richie Towell who have moved up to the reserve side

Last edited:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
BTW Santonocito is too long .....gotta come up with something better/shorter....Santo...Cito???

He can be our Santon... :tongue:

I hope this is a Gattuso saga, with celtic instead of rangers... I know Gattuso spent a year with salernitana but whatever...

SixOneFive

Long Live Don Silvio
Reaction score
This guy :proud: ....oficially a fanboy...is everyone in inters youth a closet fan.....more importantly do we keep chasing them away??.......Guy has love for the jersey hope he turns out good

dude count me in too. :D

santo sounds good for now. gotta see if it catches on

Xudong

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

Actually, we bought Abbiati from Monza and I am quite sure that he wasn't from Milan's youth academy. Also, Ambrosini was from Cesena.

Xudong

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
This was my attempt. Just a channel swap on his jersey, exchanging blue for red, and red for blue and green. This turned the blue in his Inter jersey to a nice shade of red ;)

1371a.jpg

Thanks. :) I always envy people who could do that. :dance:

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
on the Celtic forums it seems like he was primarily operating @ Lb ,but him being able to play LCM/lw means he has got some pace which is good....dont he is tall either ...saw a pic of him and Strachan and he wasn't much taller....1.7~

I kinda hope he develops into a quality LWB, and do you know how old that picture is? I mean if it was soon after he signed 1.7 at 16 there is still a pretty good chance that he grew after that

RossoneroTifoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, R9, Rino, Nesta, Montolivo, Seedorf, Pippo, Balotelli, De Jong, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio
chester-cheetah.jpg

Cheeto if he's quick? Different pronouciation but having a player named after ^^^ would be schweet.

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
I kinda hope he develops into a quality LWB, and do you know how old that picture is? I mean if it was soon after he signed 1.7 at 16 there is still a pretty good chance that he grew after that

After further digging found that he was lb but moved into midfield....LM or Cm ...i don't know ....yeah i guess he is prob taller now ...that pic was in 2008...I'm hoping for a CM ...been a while since we had a left CM :proud:

yeah Cheeto would be the pronunciation ....i like it....Cheeto le Goallllllll!!!!!:D.....cheeto beats a player:D.......brilliant pass by cheeto:D.

..kinda feel depressed seeing as though Mancini might be coming:head:...hopefully i'm right and he plays CM ...more chance to play