Milan - Lazio

efford

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
this game was truly thrilling!!!!

1. i hurt my leg kicking the wall when Rivaldo's shot went just out.
2. i hurt my hand hitting the table when Sheva's header went too high
3. i got various injuries in the end when we were soooo close many many times!

and now as a result of it all i have a headache!!!

what about the game? this is what i've learned from this game:

1. Dida is NOT, i mean ABSOLUTELY NOT capable of holding the ball in his grip.
2. Laursen is yet very insecure in the back, too many hesitations cause alot of backpasses to Dida (read above).
3. BROCCHI, im really beginning to like this guy.. now i see what Seamus and the guys were talking about!!

conclusion:
-Negative:1rst half was horrible
-Positive: Now we can show the world what an offensive Milan can cause!!! :devil3:

P.S. i really hoped that Gattuso would've punshed Cesar in that clash. :tongue:

rony31

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
-Ambro played like shit (whats new)
-Seedorf didnt do very well
-Sheva missed WAY too many chances for his standards
-Simic sucks ass

+Cosacurta should take over Simic's spot
+Inzaghi played amazingly---> didnt hog the ball like he usually does
+Rivaldo did better than he usually does, but he could've done better
+Pirlo played a great game

I think we finally found a perfect formation

Dida
Costacurta, Nesta, Maldini, KK
Gattuso, Pirlo, Serginho
Rivaldo/Rui
Pippo, Sheva (or riva if sheva keeps missing his chances :head:)

rony31

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
oh, and boy was I wrong... this was the best game i've seen this season... i thought it would be boring :tongue:

Jamie

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
WOW what a match, i would have taken this score at half time but I'm not too happy with the score.
1st point: "DIDA ABSOLUTELY MUST FUCKING GO RIGHT NOW"

fucks sake hes sooooooo bad.

2nd point: PIRLO was masterful, he is Italy's answer to a whole heap of problems.

3rd point: rony31: Ambro was superb!!! He was running about scaring the shit out of everyone and he had some good volleys!

4th point: IT WAS NEVER A PENALTY!!! I was cursing that bald headed coot throughout the match!!

thats about it, most people played well, congrats on the second half Milan!

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
Ozmosis said:
3. BROCCHI, im really beginning to like this guy.. now i see what Seamus and the guys were talking about!!

You see! :D He's like a Tazmanian Devil - he's all over the place. And the greatest thing is he knows he not the most talent player but loves Milan and just wants to win. I read an interview on the site w/ him and he said. "If a player isn't starting in the rotation system it's their own fault. Everone hs the oppertunity to play and if you work hard enuff you'll play."
He reminds me of a crazier Gattuso. I knew you would like him. :)

Well that's sucks we drew, we missed a big oppertunity and now were 2 points back and in 3rd place. Atleast we scored some goals and it was a good game:D I'm hoping that Inter's on their way down with all their complaining and injuries. So I've read one that says the penalty was bullshit, what does everyone else think? I got the Juve-Parma game this week and because it was before the Milan game I won't get the see the highlights.

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
The game was oh so entertaining and oh so good for the diet

1. That CLEARLY wasn't a penalty - Moratti made a couple of phone calls??
2. Dida should put some sort of *undetectable* glue on his gloves so he'll be able to grip the ball and stop giving up those stupid rebounds.
3. I agree, Ambro played great
4. Who knew?? Pippo and Sheva on the pitch at the same time=some offensive production
5. Very nice and very appreciated second half comeback. It's not a win but they showed perseverance and some fire.

Now it's time for a little visit from Lokomotiv...

Rex

Reaction score
Seamus said:
Well that's sucks we drew, we missed a big oppertunity and now were 2 points back and in 3rd place. Atleast we scored some goals and it was a good game:D I'm hoping that Inter's on their way down with all their complaining and injuries. So I've read one that says the penalty was bullshit, what does everyone else think? I got the Juve-Parma game this week and because it was before the Milan game I won't get the see the highlights.

The a 2-2 draw result shouldn't be happening for us. You're right..we missed a big opportunity that should have brought us in leading the match. Still I'm looking forward in following games the coach Carletto will manage such as Lazio's match second half, certainly playing an attractive attacking and effective style of football.

rony31

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I dont get you people! What do u see in Ambro-shitty? He's soooooo crap! he tries to make some masterpiece goals from outside the area (with his LEFT foot?!) and he couldnt properly head a ball if his life depended on it :head: :mad: Man, how much i hate this guy

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
rony31 said:
I dont get you people! What do u see in Ambro-shitty? He's soooooo crap! he tries to make some masterpiece goals from outside the area (with his LEFT foot?!)

Ambro is left-footed. And great!

Reaction score
Ok, here's my take on today's game.

Although it was a draw, and Milan is 2 points behind first, i think this was a positive game for Milan. First of all 2 points is not that much with 13 games left. Second of all, it was a good outcome and game because it is a confidence builder. It gave all of us including the players the image that Milan can still be the same offensive power house it was in the beginning of the season.

The last 6 or 7 games, probably more, were just so boring, with minimal offense by Milan. We saw today, the form Milan showed early in the season.

As for player match ratings, here are mine

Dida 5.5
Simic 5
Nesta 6
Costacurta 5.5
Kaladze 5.5
Laursen 5.5
Brocchi 5.5
Gattuso 5.5
Ambrosini 5.5
Pirlo 7
Seedorf 5.5
Rivaldo 6.5
Inzaghi 8
Sheva 5.5

Reaction score
in the first part the defend line was little relax.but i think the fanalty is a mistake .
in the second part milan did well. every one try his best and vibrant .
especially pippo and riva.
pippo display in form. i hope in the champion cup he will do better .

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Timmy Cahill and Mr. Leite
this right here is a good omen! if we started the first half like Carlo planned, we would probably have gone to the break 0-0, and then won 2-0! wahoo.. but that didnt happen - and the fact that Lazio is a great team and have an undefeated away record is good reason..

if Milan plays like they did in the 2nd half for the rest of the season, i guarantee 3 new trophies in the Cabinet by seasons end :D

Great stuff :cool:

PaTtA_9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
this game will get us back on track. i woke up at half time to see us down 2-0 and was really worried. (this was bout 7.30 in the morin in aus.) and i feared we would crumble and lose by 3 goals. but we played really well and i watched the second half after skool and nearly the whole second half the ball was near the lazio goal and we were creating a lot of chances. well done to inzaghi and rivaldo. and sheva was a bit unlucky
2-2 is not bad and now we got to beat lokomotiv

efford

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
About the Penalty: It was clearly Cesar's own fault for falling... he went rushing into Nesta and Billy... i mean it looked like a hockey-tackle from Cesar's and yet LAZIO got the god damn penalty!! im starting to doubt Collina..

About Ambrosini: He was the only one in this game who actualy fired good shots! everyone else were shooting way too high or to the siden.. but Ambro managed to get many great volley-shots and most of them went towards the goal.

AC Milan Fan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I saw the match...it was a really good m,atch of both sides of the teams.
First half Lazio dominate and the 2th half we were the strongest.
What a good feeling it was when we scored the 2-2!!!!!!!!!

But we deserved more...maybe a 3-2 victory for us.
How ever...I'm satisfied with this result.

Compliments Milan!

mellanie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sandro Nesta
About the penalty: Sandro don't blaim Collina... he didn't realize what a stupid decision he was taking! And be patient... your revenge will come soon... probably during the Coppa Italia final!!!

About Filippo Inzaghi:
YOU'RE THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU FOR COMING BACK AS OUR DEAR "SUPERPIPPO" IN THE RIGHT MOMENT

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
This was the most exciting game (or I should say the second half) I've seen this year!

Pippo completely changed the game and the pass he made was so awesome and it was nice to see Rivaldo getting into the act and playing somuch better than he had the past few months. Pirlo and Nesta and Brocchi were excellent too. Costacurta was as usual magnificient.

On the flip side, IMO Lauersen, Simic and Sheva are still disappointing. I dont know what it is but Sheva is not the same player from two years ago.

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
rony31 said:
I dont get you people! What do u see in Ambro-shitty? He's soooooo crap! he tries to make some masterpiece goals from outside the area (with his LEFT foot?!) and he couldnt properly head a ball if his life depended on it :head: :mad: Man, how much i hate this guy

Ambrosini had a great game? How could you possibly criticise him that much? He contributed a lot to both defence and offence, ran a lot, made the right passes towards the wings and to Rivaldo. He was great. :cool:

rony31

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
*sigh* Ok, u guys say what u want about Amrbosini, but I stick by my opinions... I think he's a liability to the team and doesnt deserve to ever start a game (maybe sub in)

And BTW, he's not a lefty :conf: