The Rumour Commode XXI

Who should lead Milan's attack in 17/18 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Milanista92

Milan Legend
Reaction score
https://www.football-italia.net/112001/montella-€100m-players-dont-come

Montella: '€100m players don't come'
By Football Italia staff

Vincenzo Montella hinted Milan wanted to sign a top striker this summer, but “€100m players don’t come without the Champions League.”

The Rossoneri spent over €200m in the transfer window, including €38m for Andre Silva and €25m for Nikola Kalinic, yet wasted several great chances in today’s 2-0 defeat to Juventus.

“Not everyone has a Gonzalo Higuain,” said Montella in his Press conference. “The match was decided by a top player who created two goals out of nothing.

“Top players worth €100m won’t come without the Champions League. I am happy with the transfer market we conducted.”

Milan had been linked with the likes of Torino’s Andrea Belotti and Borussia Dortmund hitman Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, but eventually signed Kalinic from Fiorentina.

“I don’t envy anything that Juventus have. They set the example as a team built over time. They are experienced and are now introducing some young players, but they are built to win the Champions League.

“There was optimism over the summer because big achievements are possible if you approach them the right way, even if some incidents could’ve gone our way.”

Montella was also asked about the disappointing performance of former Lazio midfielder Lucas Biglia, who repeatedly gave the ball away.

“I don’t want to comment on individuals. I do think he can do better. He’s an extraordinary player, but I don’t know why, he has recently not looked calm. I am convinced he’ll become the added value we are looking for.”

crazyultras

The Wise Baboon
Reaction score
Hopefully the club does end up in Elliott's hands if this is how it's going to end up.

it will
i don't see a new Berlusconi's "love story" with Li
so the chinese might let everything go so fast and move to the next thing in business after this failed raid
especially if they don't have the money to pay the loans

in 2040, on wikipedia, they will refer to the period of 2012-2018 as "Milan weird years"

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Biglia has done a poor job. I'd rest him, let Locatelli take over.

Kessie also seems to be out of gas, he's not his usual self.

We have good players, but it's not being put together, and it's ruining my day.

The midfield was never fixed. There needed to be at least 2 more quality additions there. It really doesn't matter who CF is whether it's Kalinic, Silvia, etc. There is still no service or build up for the ball to get there.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
Back to basics 442 just for the sake of being a little more defensively solid, and at least having two strikers for combination play.

Abate/Calabria Bonucci Roma/Musacchio RR

Suso/Hakan Kessie/Monto Biglia/Loca Bona/Borini

Cutrone/Kalinic Andre Silva

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Montella waste Andre Silvas talent for putting him on the bench all the time. Kalinic is a good sub, nothing more. Silva need to play all the time

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
it will
i don't see a new Berlusconi's "love story" with Li
so the chinese might let everything go so fast and move to the next thing in business after this failed raid
especially if they don't have the money to pay the loans

in 2040, on wikipedia, they will refer to the period of 2012-2018 as "Milan weird years"

Al7xK_s-200x150.gif

bobdeboss

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
We have been saying this for 2 months now, maybe this is his true self.

The problem is the team does alot of useless running due to poor tactics and errors. I remember there was this stat last season i believe showing how many km we covered and we were high up the list, higher than the likes of roma i believe, but look how much more they do with the ball. The problem apart from montella is that ur players arent very intelligent in terms of passing and movement.

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
Will i ever see milan win another ucl again in this lifetime?

At least i know we wont even qualify to ucl with montella

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The problem is the team does alot of useless running due to poor tactics and errors. I remember there was this stat last season i believe showing how many km we covered and we were high up the list, higher than the likes of roma i believe, but look how much more they do with the ball. The problem apart from montella is that ur players arent very intelligent in terms of passing and movement.

Lol. Last season our players weren't intelligent, this season our players aren't intelligent even though we got a new squad. The only constant I see is Montella.

Biglia has been great for Lazio, Bonucci was great for Juventus. Let's get a new coach before you start talking shit about our players. If Conte was here this team would be competing for top 4 I can guarantee that. Inter had a shit season, last season, this season same players for the most part, new coach, big difference. Are the players shit or was Frank de Boer with his Montella style football shit.

Chelsea had a shit season with Mourinho then with the same players Conte won the league. A coach is important. People keep blaming the players, but we have proven Serie A players, playing poorly why is that.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
milan should have let kessie go to roma, signed krychowiak + pellegrini as a combo with bonucci playing the regista role + borja valero for 7 million was insane to miss out on.

unfortunately they fell for the fodder A hype job that is biglia, when we signed him you'd have thought we signed fernando redondo + patrick vieira all in one.

Last edited:

bobdeboss

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Lol. Last season our players weren't intelligent, this season our players aren't intelligent even though we got a new squad. The only constant I see is Montella.

Biglia has been great for Lazio, Bonucci was great for Juventus. Let's get a new coach before you start talking shit about our players. If Conte was here this team would be competing for top 4 I can guarantee that. Inter had a shit season, last season, this season same players for the most part, new coach, big difference. Are the players shit or was Frank de Boer with his Montella style football shit.

Chelsea had a shit season with Mourinho then with the same players Conte won the league. A coach is important. People keep blaming the players, but we have proven Serie A players, playing poorly why is that.

Yh it's the coach's fault for the numerous individual errors........proven in what sense? what have they won in serie a apart from bonucci....whether you like it or not both parties are to be blamed, people are shitting on hakan, biglia and kalinic (yes we know he's average) but these are the only players moving constantly off the ball and running into spaces, the rest are just waiting for the ball to feet. For example look at Juve when the player on the ball passes the ball he moves into space and not just stand there waiting. Biglia and Borja in the midfield and i know we would be better off tactically.

bobdeboss

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Roma needs to work on his aggression, as an Italian center back he is too soft, poor effort to block dzeko's shot against roma and then yesterday same deal with higuian. The issue with montella is that he keeps changing the team uselessly. Mussa was fantastic against chievo especially from a game building point of view and then one of the biggest matches of the season he throws in Zapata who runs towards his opponent with the ball and then does know what to do so he hits it long or turns back with it....wasting atleast 20 seconds on the ball

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yh it's the coach's fault for the numerous individual errors........proven in what sense? what have they won in serie a apart from bonucci....whether you like it or not both parties are to be blamed, people are shitting on hakan, biglia and kalinic (yes we know he's average) but these are the only players moving constantly off the ball and running into spaces, the rest are just waiting for the ball to feet. For example look at Juve when the player on the ball passes the ball he moves into space and not just stand there waiting. Biglia and Borja in the midfield and i know we would be better off tactically.

Movement is worked on in training? So I don't see your point. Movement on and off the ball is where you can see the tactics of the coach. That's his job, to drill the team in his style. Without even looking a player should know where his teammates should be based of the training movement. It's Montella's job to do that. So if you not seeing it, it's because Montella chooses that type of movement or his failing to drill it in them, which is his failure, his getting paid millions to do it. That you can fully blame Montella and should.

A formation is a formations, but the movement decides how it shapes up, we always played like this, from the back and little movement. Now if you want to blame the players, with missing shots like Kali, and selfishness like Suso, or even wayward passes, you can. But movement that should be drilled in you from the coach. It's his task no one else's task. Movement is the backbone of any formation.

We slow on build ups, we static, we rather keep possession then do risky passes, we push the ball to the wing and then try to get it to the center by short passing or crossing. That's Montella no one else. He wants to play like Barca but does not understand how to, movement is important, players swapping positions, trianglular passing, pressing high. We don't do that, we build from the back and when we got in trouble we long ball it. It's there for you to see. Even last season.

Sacchi I remember reading used to train intensely on movement.

What mistakes did we make today?

Biglia and Borja lol, no that's asking for trouble. One or the other. Not both. Unless you want to get overrun in midfield, that's a very low energy midfield. And talking about static, they both static midfielders so I don't see your point. As this midfield is a direct contradiction of what you want.

Last edited:

abritcemeng

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I made some analytics about the best young goalkeeper in the world.
This guy earns 6 mil.
The comparation analysis is made with the best goalkeeper in Seria A by goals conceived.

I just want to hear opinions about this...Please be careful about every number.

mmr9co.jpg

Note also how many shots has Roma off-goal and on-goal, and how many Milan.
After the saga and earning 6m/year. He's declining. No need to compare with other goalkeeper. Just compare to himself from last season.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

MilanGr

Beginner
Reaction score
Shut the fuck up all of you. Players fault no couch fault no players fault!! We have an average couch and average players. End of discussion. Rugani changed bonnuci and looks so good because juve is a solid team. Same happened with emerson. This fucking team is made of quantify instead of quality. 11 fucking players. We were 6th last season. Kallinic and silva are worse than bacca and im starting to think that keisse is worse than kucka. 6th ffs with 3 great players you can easily jump from 6th to 4th. Great players. So stfu. We need cafus rendondos shevas crespos and rui costas! And a fucking couch. We should start worry beacuse as it seems our management aint rich. If Chelsea fails to qualify to cl roman can throw from his pocket 200millions cover the losses and buy wiht the rest players. We will stick with rhe same squad next year too that is something we should start worring about.

MilanGr

Beginner
Reaction score
After the saga and earning 6m/year. He's declining. No need to compare with other goalkeeper. Just compare to himself from last season.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Still is a solid golkeeper. Not as good as last year but the team is also worse. Rumma is the last problem we have atm. Only mussacio looks more solid than him atm.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
donnarumma is guaranteed to be sold next summer.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I really like Alisson btw.

Our best transfer moves at this stage for whichever mercato are: 1) Sign that 25-goal striker (been the #1 priority since 2012), and 2) Sell Donnarumma and buy a good goalkeeper and make some 40-50 million in the process

From a transfer perspective if we do these two, we'll be far likelier to succeed next season. And our team will be significantly better off with a net spend of 20-30 million.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think it's realistic to say that we won't make the Champions League next year. Winning the EL is a remote possibility but i'm not putting any hopes on that for now.

Maybe accepting that reality and playing with less pressure might help the team finally settle. I don't know, i'm grasping at straws trying to find a silver lining. Really wish Conte gets fired and we can get him to take over but even that seems like it's out of reach.

What the hell happened? How are we 12 points away from 4th place in October?

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We have enough talent on our roster. We are underachieving.

Montella has to go.

A Montella-level replacement will do more harm than good. Unless we're getting a top level coach we should just ride this season out and hope for the best, while waiting for that great coach to be available.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Montella waste Andre Silvas talent for putting him on the bench all the time. Kalinic is a good sub, nothing more. Silva need to play all the time

Exactly. Problem is even if Montella starts Silva, he won't wait on him and give him enough time.

He goes a game without a goal = back to the bench

I seriously want Montella gone I don't wanna lose Silva...

milanista_

Milan Icon
Reaction score
There must be a reason why the management are waiting to sack Montella. I think that they are waiting for a response from Conte and Ancelotti, and this response won't come until the end of the season. If both says no I think it will be Sousa.

Status
Not open for further replies.