Official: Andre Miguel Valente da Silva Thread

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Much better minutes than anything he has shown yet indeed. Hopefully Gattuso is getting through to him.

Liked how he focused on effort for each ball rather than on the flashy stuff.

sheva007

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sheva, maldini, kaka, fabregas, crespo, tevez, messi, gattuso, nesta, kaladze, robben, van persie
offered much more in 20 mins then cutrone did for 70 :p he needs time and patients. problem is milan supporters want his head due to the pricetag. u can see has talent. suso took how long to develop? he went to genoa. hope he starts next 2 games.

mato

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Maybe he should've started this game from 1st minute. He had no real problems with holding the ball and teaching defenders few lessons... If Hakan wasn't that selfish on trying to score every attack we would might have seen his first goal yesterday. Good job kid.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
1) Silva ultimately didn't offer more than Cutrone. He didn't score or assist. "Almost" doesn't count unless you're a P!rl0 fan
2) Silva played well....but has played better...I mean....we've actually seen him score good goals and shit
3) I don't know why ppl are so hung up on an "either OR" comparison with him and Cutrone since they are completely different strikers.
4) He has the ability and therefore should be more selfish. That pass to Calabria was the correct thing to do...but any real striker worth his salt would have fancied a chance himself. Hell Even Cutrone (who obviously has a better, more predatory mentality) would have had a go.
5) Part of his problem this game was that Suso and Hakan took many silly shots from nearly impossible angles, when a cross would have been better (in theory)....Silva suffered for this.
6) He's dribbling the ball again! Great!
7) He worked incredibly well as a target man! Held the ball up well....much better than anything I've seen of Kalinic thus far
8) Silva will always be a "ball to feet" striker (think Balo, Zlatan). He'll never be the type that makes runs all game long.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
:lol: It's glorious.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Loved how he soaked up the defenders before releasing the pass to free running calabria. Shame the ball didn't go in

He released it too slow actually.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
20 good minutes doesn’t mean anything... hes still struggling and having a very difficult time.. don’t start him against Roma, Lazio and Inter.... wait till Chievo home game

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The 4-4-2 we played in the last 30min helped him a lot thanks to Kalinic´s good performance.
Silva´s positioning is not good enough to play alone upfront, having a partner like Kalinic who can be the main man in attack balances out some of the holes in his game.
If he continues like that it will be hard to become more than 3rd choice CF though.

We should definitely keep the 4-4-2 for rotation, 4-3-3 should stay our main system.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Everyone is overlooking the issues that silva is facing, it's actually pretty simple I think. It comes down to 1) no confidence whatsoever and 2) he isn't adapted to serie a or Milan at all.

So many of us were ready to give up on Hakan and sell him for a loss in January, nobody will admit it now but it was true. 80% of those praising him gave up pretty quickly. And silva is a less experienced, less established player than Hakan is. The other thing is that people are forgetting that silva was scoring regularly earlier in the group stages of the Europa league. The silva of September would have scored today probably. I really do think that.

But yeah, not gonna get that much into the tactics and positioning and all that. It probably would help silva to play with another forward but it isn't Milans responsibility to worry about that when we win under the 433. Early in the season, in Europa league, silva was beating players off the dribble and burying chances. It didn't translate to serie a, but Hakan was the exact same(getting assists regularly in Europe and looking lost in Italy). Sometimes it just takes time. Dzeko was also a very experienced player and his first season in Italy was just a joke, nobody remembers now because last year he scored at a crazy rate. It was impressive that Roma kept with him because I would have moved on. Martens took years to become what he is now.

That's all to note, I'm not saying silva will or will not succeed at Milan. I'm just saying it's clear he is in a rut and needs time. Even if you don't like silva, it's so obvious he is desperate to score. He takes extra touches and tries too hard to move the ball forward. He was hailed as a huge signing for us and cost a lot of money but he isn't really at that profile yet. The ideal situation is he gets a full season, maybe even more, and we let Gattuso try to calm him down. That's from a playing perspective. If Fassone decides to move on I won't lose any sleep. Let's just wait and see how he finishes the season

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Everyone is overlooking the issues that silva is facing, it's actually pretty simple I think. It comes down to 1) no confidence whatsoever and 2) he isn't adapted to serie a or Milan at all.

So many of us were ready to give up on Hakan and sell him for a loss in January, nobody will admit it now but it was true. 80% of those praising him gave up pretty quickly. And silva is a less experienced, less established player than Hakan is. The other thing is that people are forgetting that silva was scoring regularly earlier in the group stages of the Europa league. The silva of September would have scored today probably. I really do think that.

But yeah, not gonna get that much into the tactics and positioning and all that. It probably would help silva to play with another forward but it isn't Milans responsibility to worry about that when we win under the 433. Early in the season, in Europa league, silva was beating players off the dribble and burying chances. It didn't translate to serie a, but Hakan was the exact same(getting assists regularly in Europe and looking lost in Italy). Sometimes it just takes time. Dzeko was also a very experienced player and his first season in Italy was just a joke, nobody remembers now because last year he scored at a crazy rate. It was impressive that Roma kept with him because I would have moved on. Martens took years to become what he is now.

That's all to note, I'm not saying silva will or will not succeed at Milan. I'm just saying it's clear he is in a rut and needs time. Even if you don't like silva, it's so obvious he is desperate to score. He takes extra touches and tries too hard to move the ball forward. He was hailed as a huge signing for us and cost a lot of money but he isn't really at that profile yet. The ideal situation is he gets a full season, maybe even more, and we let Gattuso try to calm him down. That's from a playing perspective. If Fassone decides to move on I won't lose any sleep. Let's just wait and see how he finishes the season

Yup totally :thumbsup:

I will always mention the Diego Forlan incident...he didn't score a single fucking goal...not even in shit competitions, not even in friendlies.

Silva to score vs Arsenal (if he plays more than 10 minutes/match)
You heard it here first :o

A lot of the ppl criticizing the shit out of him clearly don't play sports. For those that do, they would realize the significant impact that confidence, or lack of it plays in a player's performance. Sometimes it means EVERYTHING.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Confidence is definitely an issue but he has holes in his games on a technical level too like his positioning. He really is a talent, clearly not a finished product.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Confidence is definitely an issue but he has holes in his games on a technical level too like his positioning. He really is a talent, clearly not a finished product.
:thumbsup: Agreed. His positioning is poor....if he's supposed to be our central forward.

He does good work with the ball....but takes waay too long to make up his mind and plays a bit too deep (not really his fault as our supply is still shit).

He has really good touches and passes...AND can beat his man...I only wished he was more goal oriented. I remember Capello helping Zlatan with this aspect of his game.

Gattuso has to sit him down and tell him: "I want a goal OR an assist from you. I've seen your tricks and flicks but they aren't helping the team. Goals. Now! :mad: "

If he doesn't adapt Milan might not be right for him and he should do elsewhere. Back to the Diego Forlan example....he eventually started scoring and scoring great goals for United, but it was too late, and truth be told, he wasn't cut out for the Prem anyway. He went on to win the golden shoe in Spain.....so it goes I guess. We've had Kluivert and Elber who couldn't make it in Milan/ Italy but went on to have fine careers elsewhere.

Iguessthisisit

Primavera
Reaction score

Scoring 5 goals, in two games where we scored 10 goals against a shitty Austrian side. Have you forgotten how awful their goalkeeper was?. + 2 more goals against a team from Makedonia I can't even pronounce. You have to remember that he is the most expensive Milan player ever .

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Scoring 5 goals, in two games where we scored 10 goals against a shitty Austrian side. Have you forgotten how awful their goalkeeper was?. + 2 more goals against a team from Makedonia I can't even pronounce. You have to remember that he is the most expensive Milan player ever .

false

and you can't compare prices from different times

40m today is not that special

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Andre was 38.. Bonucci 40.. Rui costa costed more than both no ?

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
hes leaving no doubt.. his situation and ours(having to sell cuz of no CL) make me sad :(

I thought he was our next super star... he will still become a great player I’m sure

Mr. Tea

Ac Milan Icon
Reaction score
hes leaving no doubt.. his situation and ours(having to sell cuz of no CL) make me sad :(

I thought he was our next super star... he will still become a great player I’m sure

But we’re going to be in champions league next season :cool:

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score

"Having to sell if no CL" is pure media speculation. Li never said that we'll have to sell in the summer.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Sell him and use the money to buy SMS

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
hes leaving no doubt.. his situation and ours (having to sell cuz of no CL) make me sad :(

If we sell him, that's not why we'd sell him. This is a profit-seeking management. If Andre Silva shows enough to imply that he'll ever become great with us, we are not going to sell him. If he becomes great with us, his future value will be insane considering the way he looks. We'll comfortably sell Donnarumma to cover any lack of CL losses.

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
that one thru pass to kalinic was better than anything the other forwards produced tonight. Should have started behind cutrone in 4-4-1-1

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
that one thru pass to kalinic was better than anything the other forwards produced tonight. Should have started behind cutrone in 4-4-1-1

he did good, made some nice passes aswell

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini

Yeah, definitely shouldn't have started.

Has shown nothing that he deserves to start

Schedule