Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
looking through the UFC roster and i'm just thinking who are these people??

i think it's just gonna get worse, if UFC don't start paying these athletes what they're worth. they're simply gonna continue choosing other sports.

you are ******ed mb. ive watched every ufc for 3 or so years i think, if you dont like it? youre obviously a gay man

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
well it's the last 2-3 years it's started getting shitty... AKA when they decided to make it mainstream for real (they'd been working towards it for the last 10-12 years)

you sound like Dana speaking

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
see if you can find some old UFC events

a totally different experience, not this plastic shit that arouse casuals like yourself.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
i have watched so many of the old fights...incredible. the point is i just like seeing violence, i am the just bleed guy.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
i have watched so many of the old fights...incredible. the point is i just like seeing violence, i am the just bleed guy.

even that part of the game has become worse. much worse

i'm no technical and tactical connoisseur, I also love fights where they fuck each other up and just leave it all in there. but it's all about the level of fighters whether it's technical, tactical or just bleed. the level is low.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
wtf was that benoit saint denis guy, the special forces frenchman. what a fucking chin

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
It's just there are far too many events, one ppv per month and a stacked card would be infinitely better, bit like football with far too many games and only getting worse.

Less is always more

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i also watch bkfc and street beefs

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
It's just there are far too many events, one ppv per month and a stacked card would be infinitely better, bit like football with far too many games and only getting worse.

Less is always more

Yeah the gazillion events is the main reason I've lost interest

Not hating on ufc, I get why they're doing it, there's money to be made. But will it holds in the long run?

drobeck

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
This next PPV even is actually exciting. I hope Colby gets smashed again.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah the gazillion events is the main reason I've lost interest

Not hating on ufc, I get why they're doing it, there's money to be made. But will it holds in the long run?

I think there's enough just bleed casuals to keep them in the game.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
This next PPV even is actually exciting. I hope Colby gets smashed again.
(y) lookng forward to chandler-gaethe the most.....although the last colby usman was indeed spectacular
just not a big fan of the colby wrestling type.

drobeck

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
(y) lookng forward to chandler-gaethe the most.....although the last colby usman was indeed spectacular
His got some funny one liners ill give him that. Also does anyone have somewhere with decent links that they watch ppv events on? Paying 70 dollars per event is kinda ridiculous.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
alex pereira...wtf!? so cool

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Colby is a wrestling type now? He doesn't have much power, but his stand up game is great.

If he didn't clown around all the time, there would be much more respect for his fighting game.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
yea...but he's not knocking guys out

drobeck

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
alex pereira...wtf!? so cool
He looks so fucking big. and his striking is so clean and precise. People keep accrediting his knockouts to his incredible power, but his precision is more impressive to me. Technique is so refined that he can knock you out with an elbow, a hook, or a knee. His takedown is sus though any high level grappler will give him problems but all the strikers in the division are fucked.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Charles oliveira most deserving champ...what a beast

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Nunes...wtf...

Maybe she's injured...sick?

WTF was that taken down? Hooks weren't even in. Didn't even look completely under the chin. Just gave up. Just bizarre.

Good for Pena. I remember she was really hyped as the next big thing when she wiped out Ronda's horsemen before injuries and some poor performance derailed her.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Nunes...wtf...

Maybe she's injured...sick?

WTF was that taken down? Hooks weren't even in. Didn't even look completely under the chin. Just gave up. Just bizarre.

Good for Pena. I remember she was really hyped as the next big thing when she wiped out Ronda's horsemen before injuries and some poor performance derailed her.
Yeah wtf was that??? incredible bad performance in stand up and on the ground.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah wtf was that??? incredible bad performance in stand up and on the ground.
Her head movement was Rousey-esque

Just standing there trading. Maybe she bought into the idea she’s goat?

But man that RNC at the end was so weak

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Her head movement was Rousey-esque

Just standing there trading. Maybe she bought into the idea she’s goat?

But man that RNC at the end was so weak
Rousey-esque is the perfect way to describe it. Pena's stand-up wasn't even that good.

Just strange. Not saying that she did, but got the feeling like she was throwing the fight. How can you trade so bad on the feet and then tap to that choke?

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rousey-esque is the perfect way to describe it. Pena's stand-up wasn't even that good.

Just strange. Not saying that she did, but got the feeling like she was throwing the fight. How can you trade so bad on the feet and then tap to that choke?

Bruh, and that choke.

No hooks with Pena not even really controlling her. That's some white belt shit.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Bruh, and that choke.

No hooks with Pena not even really controlling her. That's some white belt shit.
Just saw the fight again.

Look at Pena's stand up, he looks like an amateur when they're throwing hands. It's impossible that Nunes is worse than THAT.

And regarding the choke, no hooks as you say and she tapped so quickly. She either threw that fight or haven't trained since her last fight and gassed after one minute.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
That main event was bonkers, what a beautiful sub. That's one for a highlight reel

Happy that Cruz won aswell, & Cody got fucked up, idk what has happened to him, his chin is shot it seems.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That main event was bonkers, what a beautiful sub. That's one for a highlight reel

Happy that Cruz won aswell, & Cody got fucked up, idk what has happened to him, his chin is shot it seems.

Probably best representation of the "traditional BJJ" in MMA nowadays.

Cody was never that good. Now there are younger versions of him.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Probably best representation of the "traditional BJJ" in MMA nowadays.

Cody was never that good. Now there are younger versions of him.
You don't think? His performance against Cruz was brilliant a few years back, Cruz was very good back then too.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You don't think? His performance against Cruz was brilliant a few years back, Cruz was very good back then too.

That was impressive. But he won because of his physical traits not because he was a better fighter than Cruz.

Cruz is the more skilled fighter for sure.

Schedule