Milan and the 'Calciopoli' Scandal

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
tassard said:
So Moggi payed the referees to dissalow 2 Juventus goals?
Don't know. When i accused Moggi system for our disallowed goals i meant the tape about Siena game. I guess i kind of overreacted by including Chievo, but i'm sure you won't be suprised if something comes up with that one too.

Billy1969 said:
The Brescia game ended 1-1, not a very positive result, don't you think?
Yeah. As i said it was not about the result but the referee. Don't know why he didn't help us if he was connected with Meani.

Anyway i would be grateful if people who speak Italian would keep us informed what is happening according to gazzetta. The babelfish suck badly for these matters.

tassard

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Del Piero,Zamorano,Cannavaro,Nesta
Guys I said that before.It is a betting scandal, not a team-favoure scandal(well, not 100%).

Imagine if someone had bet in a Siena win over Milan or in Reggina win over Juve.Or in many other matces.Can you think how much money would have won?And can you imagine who this who bet could be?

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
tassard said:
Guys I said that before.It is a betting scandal, not a team-favoure scandal(well, not 100%).

Imagine if someone had bet in a Siena win over Milan or in Reggina win over Juve.Or in many other matces.Can you think how much money would have won?And can you imagine who this who bet could be?
Yeah i understood that one from the 4 Juve players made 600 million € one year. That was a shocking amount. Still can't believe it. You may call it a betting scandal because that's where the profit founds and i may call it a referee fixing because that's where they stepped over the line at first-doesn't matter.

Anyway i had one thought that might be interesting. I don't really know the law system but i do watch films :D:D:D So the though was about Meani's calls. From what i've heard from the movies(great source right) you can't use tapes that were recorded secretly without judge's permission as an evidence. So why were Meani tapes recorded? Were they allowed? Will they stand in the court?

I do watch too many films, so don't crucify me for this one thought:)

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
gaizka22 said:
Face it Wild, for the past 20 years this Milan that all of us love so much that gave us all the scudetto and CL titles is owned by Berlusconi. Milan is Berlusconi. Unless you've been watching Milan before he comes :rolleyes:
But B will leave 1 day & I will continue 2 support Milan.
If B was involved with such corrupted behavior then ,as part of my love 4 Milan & 2 have a better + ethical team , I will ask him 2 step down + punished.

Billy1969

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Inzaghi, Van Basten, Baresi, Boban, Savisevic, Albertini, Gattuso
tassard said:

Then this is the exact same thing as what happened in the Belgian Jupiler League and the German Bundesliga, betting syndicates were match-fixing by bribing players and managers of clubs, to obtain certain results, even certain scores, over 1 million Euros was won like that on a match in the mid-table in Belgium that ended exactly 6-0 with one person betting that score, you guessed it, it was the trainer of the squad that lost :)

Billy1969

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Jasper said:
you can't use tapes that were recorded secretly without judge's permission as an evidence. So why were Meani tapes recorded? Were they allowed? Will they stand in the court?
It depends on the law in vigor in the country the recordings take place, in Italy, recordings are accepted as valid evidence, it was massively used in the big trial against the Sicilian maffia families in the eighties and nineties.

scarecrows

Milan Legend
Reaction score
tassard said:
So Moggi payed the referees to dissalow 2 Juventus goals?

probably not, but that match is put in the list because Moggi and Giraudo entered with force in Paparesta's room

Billy1969

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
IT IS AN ERROR
13/05/2006 15:34
Milan held a press conference about the investigation by judges in Naples into the intercepted phone calls. Lawyer Leandro Cantamessa and Adriano Galliani were present and explained that the fans should remain calm and Milan were the victims. Lawyer Cantamessa said: 'Leonardo Meani is a Milan collaborator so his actions do not figure in the census. The circumstances surrounding the accusations do not worry me. It's possible the magistrates made a mistake, they are human and can commit an error. They have had probably to make it in a hurry and without to trying to come to a logical conclusion. An error that can produce deep feelings of unease.' Galliani added: 'Nothing has arrived from the Federation yet. We have had no documents. There are no conflict of issues as president of the League and chief executive of Milan. The are 42 clubs in the association, with people inside that who make decisions. It's not down to the League to pass sporting judgements.'
(source : acmilan.com)

brajo

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
www.gazzetta.it

Galliani: 'We are transparent and we'll prove it. I'm sorry about our fans, when
I saw that we're suspects, I fell down from the clouds"

Ancelotti: "Milan doesn't have to be forced into this...Milan needs to be absolutely calm in this situation"

Regarding the chances of winning the scudetto Carlo said: "1%"

They seem to be very calm... I hope that's honesty!

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Billy1969 said:
IT IS AN ERROR
13/05/2006 15:34
Milan held a press conference about the investigation by judges in Naples into the intercepted phone calls. Lawyer Leandro Cantamessa and Adriano Galliani were present and explained that the fans should remain calm and Milan were the victims. Lawyer Cantamessa said: 'Leonardo Meani is a Milan collaborator so his actions do not figure in the census. The circumstances surrounding the accusations do not worry me. It's possible the magistrates made a mistake, they are human and can commit an error. They have had probably to make it in a hurry and without to trying to come to a logical conclusion. An error that can produce deep feelings of unease.' Galliani added: 'Nothing has arrived from the Federation yet. We have had no documents. There are no conflict of issues as president of the League and chief executive of Milan. The are 42 clubs in the association, with people inside that who make decisions. It's not down to the League to pass sporting judgements.'
(source : acmilan.com)

Lets hope its true. I cant wait till we officially clear our name!

MaGasTeR

Pride of Yorkshire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Kewell, Kaka, A. Smith, Nesta, Bowyer, Rino, Viduka, Sheva, Rob. Keane, Gila, Harte, Maldini
r3dman said:
Exactly. How are WE involved in this? I think there are just too many rumors in this period. I will only listen to Gazzetta for now. I read the whole text from the discutions on the tapes on their website btw. Moggi was a really powerful person!
You must be joking. You know very well that Milan isnt clean at all.
Milan, alongside Juve and other 9 clubs from Serie A & Serie B are also suspected for matchfixing. This is gonna be big if this is going to reach any result in the investigation.

Milanista10

FORZA MILAN, IL MILAN OLE
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi
So this meani watev guy is a loser and doesnt matter in the club...reading what galliani said this guy will be on his ass in the streets in a few days time :)

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
About the titles it must be said that they probably don't give them to runner-ups. The precedents with Torin(1927/1928) and Marseille(1992/1993) are the reasons i have thios opinion. Their titles were stripped but the trophys were left unsigned.

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Jasper said:
About the titles it must be said that they probably don't give them to runner-ups. The precedents with Torin(1927/1928) and Marseille(1992/1993) are the reasons i have thios opinion. Their titles were stripped but the trophys were left unsigned.

What about the champions league place?

MaGasTeR

Pride of Yorkshire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Kewell, Kaka, A. Smith, Nesta, Bowyer, Rino, Viduka, Sheva, Rob. Keane, Gila, Harte, Maldini
The 19 matches suspected as beeing fixed (2004-2005):

Reggina 2-1 Juventus
Lecce 0-1 Juventus
Juventus 2-1 Lazio
Fiorentina 1-0 Bologna
Bologna 0-1 Juventus
Juventus 2-1 Udinese
Roma 1-2 Juventus
Inter 3-2 Fiorentina
Fiorentina 3-3 Juve
Chievo 0-1 Lazio
Lazio 2-0 Parma
Bologna 1-2 Lazio
Siena 2-1 Milan
Lazio 1-1 Fiorentina
Chievo 1-2 Fiorentina
Lecce 3-3 Parma
Livorno 3-6 Siena
Milan 1-1 Brescia
Milan 1-0 Chievo

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
Milan only got 1 win + 1 draw + 1 lose in these 3 games ??!! What's wrong with Italian Football Goverment ?? Why they invested such 3 games ?!

Maybe they want to prove Moggi had been controled those referees in those 3 games to make them do something which can help Siena, Brescia and Chievo....

MaGasTeR

Pride of Yorkshire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yuchen Fish said:
Milan only got 1 win + 1 draw + 1 lose in these 3 games ??!! What's wrong with Italian Football Goverment ?? Why they invested such 3 games ?!

Maybe they want to prove Moggi had been controled those referees in those 3 games to make them do something which can help Siena, Brescia and Chievo....
Siena 2-1 Milan
Milan 1-1 Brescia

Betting.
Siena beated Milan => someone surely would won a lot of money from bets. Same as Milan drawing at home with Brescia.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
menon_inc said:
What about the champions league place?
Well Marseille got relegated for match-fixing. They were placed last in the championship just like Genova last year's affair. Remember that Marseille won the CL too that year and we as finalists had the opportunity to play for Toyota Cup after the scandal. They got banned from Europe also and didn't have the chance to defend their title. Torino obviously didn't compete for Champions league positions.

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
MaGasTeR said:
Siena 2-1 Milan
Milan 1-1 Brescia

Betting.
Siena beated Milan => someone surely would won a lot of money from bets. Same as Milan drawing at home with Brescia.
But if i didn't make mistake, those 2 games were happend in last season, at that time, Milan and Juve had same points...Especially Milan VS Siena was very important, if we won, we would 3 points more than Juve... I didn't think Milan wanted to lost that game... And for Milan, the Serie A should more important than money....:eek: :tongue: :D

So maybe your explain is right, someone thought that game involved some gambles.... well, those people should suspect Milan 3-3 Liverpool... I guess a lot of people put a lot of money on Milan when we were 3-0 finished the first half...:tongue: .....But at finally...:head: :cry: :mad:

tassard

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Del Piero,Zamorano,Cannavaro,Nesta
Yuchen Fish said:
But if i didn't make mistake, those 2 games were happend in last season, at that time, Milan and Juve had same points...Especially Milan VS Siena was very important, if we won, we would 3 points more than Juve... I didn't think Milan wanted to lost that game... And for Milan, the Serie A should more important than money....:eek: :tongue: :D

So maybe your explain is right, someone thought that game involved some gambles.... well, those people should suspect Milan 3-3 Liverpool... I guess a lot of people put a lot of money on Milan when we were 3-0 finished the first half...:tongue: .....But at finally...:head: :cry: :mad:

No.We would have the same points after our 5-2 win over Lecce

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
MaGasTeR said:
You must be joking. You know very well that Milan isnt clean at all.
Milan, alongside Juve and other 9 clubs from Serie A & Serie B are also suspected for matchfixing. This is gonna be big if this is going to reach any result in the investigation.
Did you read anything? Milan's games are the ones in which they were fucked by the refs. We aren't involved into any shit. You'll see eventually.

MaGasTeR

Pride of Yorkshire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yuchen Fish said:
Lol mate. You can't bet anything after the match starts. You can't bet at the half time.

r3dman said:
Did you read anything? Milan's games are the ones in which they were fucked by the refs. We aren't involved into any shit. You'll see eventually.
Milan 1-0 Chievo :devilcry:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gazzetta has a very good FAQ article

Very good if someone would tranlate it. It will probably be translated in Inter forum anyway.

With Babelfish i understood that it is likely that Juve falls and we will get point reduction if we are found guilty.

And to r3dman->read the tapes. Meani said pretty much. How can you think we weren't involved in any of this shit?

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
r3dman said:
Milan's games are the ones in which they were fucked by the refs. We aren't involved into any shit. You'll see eventually.
Ahem...

Milan could have sold those matches with some people making enormous profits from illegal betting.

I've read somewhere that info had been leaked from the police + prosecutor's offices to involved parties + seeing how B. has always managed to beat every fuckin court case by a combo of implementing laws + corrupting prosecutors + judges I would not be surprised if he knew exactly what was going on throughout the more secret part of the investigation...

Just cos GAlliani claims Milan are innocent doesn't mean they are. We'll see ;)

But... I wanted to take a break from the circus + that's what I'm doing.

Last edited:

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
Ahem...

Milan could have sold those matches with some people making enormous profits from illegal betting.

I've read somewhere that info had been leaked from the police + prosecutor's offices to involved parties + seeing how B. has always managed to beat every fuckin court case by a combo of implementing laws + corrupting prosecutors + judges I would not be surprised if he knew exactly what was going on throughout the more secret part of investigation...

Just cos GAlliani claims Milan are innocent doesn't mean they are. We'll see ;)

But... I wanted to take a break from the circus + that's what I'm doing.

Milan sold matches? That could mean some players were involved in it right?

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
menon_inc said:
Milan sold matches? That could mean some players were involved in it right?
As passion said could have sold

scarecrows

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Jasper said:
gazzetta has a very good FAQ article

Very good if someone would tranlate it. It will probably be translated in Inter forum anyway.

With Babelfish i understood that it is likely that Juve falls and we will get point reduction if we are found guilty.

And to r3dman->read the tapes. Meani said pretty much. How can you think we weren't involved in any of this shit?

4 Che cosa rischiano Fiorentina, Lazio e Milan, le altre squadre coinvolte nello scandalo?
La situazione di Fiorentina e Lazio è meno grave solo se paragonata a quella della Juve. Per entrambe le società le intercettazioni fanno presumere illeciti relativi a più gare che, se confermati, potrebbero portare a punizioni simili a quelle dei bianconeri. Tanto più che nelle intercettazioni sono implicati direttamente i presidenti Lotito e Della Valle. Più leggera la posizione del Milan, perché i casi sono limitati e controversi e perché l’indagato è Leonardo Meani, dirigente accompagnatore addetto all’arbitro: in questa situazione (e se non ci saranno ulteriori sviluppi) non dovrebbe essere complesso far prevalere almeno l’idea della responsabilità oggettiva e non diretta del club.

basically, it's a question of subjective responsability (Meani) and not of the club itself