Milan's Transferseason round-up

What do you make of our transfer campaign so far?

• Total voters

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Loved the signings this campaign. The only thing I would have done differently would have been to sign a different backup center back (preferably a young italian) as opposed to senderos.

If we didn't sign Ronnie I would have wanted Mario Gomez or Huntelaar to be our big striker. And if we didn't bring back Abbiatti I would have tried to sign Amelia.

Other than that, I think that Galliani has completely made up for his terrible campaign last summer.

Forza Milan!!!

end-er

milanista
Reaction score
Maybe, just maybe, we get a quality goalie these days.

Overall, considering my expectations, I am actually impressed by the summer transfer campaign.

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think we've let go of too many players recently.

Not that they were anything special, but Simic, Oddo, Brocchi and Paloschi were all decent backups. :rolleyes:

Looking at the squad list, we don't have that depth anymore.

Last edited:

ecI

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Pippo, Nesta, Baresi, C. Vela, Kaka, Ochoa, Antonini, Pato, T. Silva
But we were getting overcrowded, the only one I would have wanted to keep would have been Paloschi.

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
ecI said:
But we were getting overcrowded
I think we had appropriate depth.

ecI said:
the only one I would have wanted to keep would have been Paloschi.
Exactly the opposite here - I can only understand Paloschi's departure, as the kid has to play.

Last edited:

end-er

milanista
Reaction score
milanist said:
I think we've let go of too many players recently.

Not that they were anything special, but Simic, Oddo, Brocchi and Paloschi were all decent backups. :rolleyes:

Looking at the squad list (minus Brocchi), we don't have that depth anymore.
27 guys is absolutely ok. ofc i would have preferred to get rid of emerson before brocchi and favalinho before oddo but it's ok.

squad looks much better than the one from last season.

ecI

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Pippo, Nesta, Baresi, C. Vela, Kaka, Ochoa, Antonini, Pato, T. Silva
While Favalli is not brilliant, he is a bit more consistent than Oddo, he might not have flashes of superb skill but his work rate is usually the same in every match.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
milanist said:
we don't have that depth anymore.
Anymore? That depth?

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
end-er said:
27 guys is absolutely ok. ofc i would have preferred to get rid of emerson before brocchi and favalinho before oddo but it's ok.
Yep, Oddo and Brocchi should have stayed.

end-er said:
squad looks much better than the one from last season.
No doubt. :)

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
ecI said:
But we were getting overcrowded, the only one I would have wanted to keep would have been Paloschi.

paloschi leaving was a good thing... he would have struggled to get time with all the people ahead of him now... he needs to be somewhere where he gets to play all the time and develop...

oddo on the other hand... i still dont know if i agree with that one.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
i am very happy with the current squad at our disposal, we have many options to chose from and with a nice mix of experienced players and young potentials. we are finally strong on all 4 lines and we can finally use different formations than the one weve been using for the past 5 years

Reaction score
Still, the centre back position will be a pain in the ass, if not this year, then next or the year after, until we get players like zapata.

borrai

Banned
Reaction score
We are two years late on most of our signings. I'm still not satisfied with our transfer policy, we still didn't lower the average age of our team. Ronaldinho and Flamini has to be our only good signings, the rest is just pure crap.

Shevchenko: a traitor, a has been, never should have been welcomed back.
Zambrotta: a has been, came two years late.
Boriello: Will fail miserabely, mark my wards. (Hint: Gilardino)
Senderos: LOL

What we needed was two proper full backs, a centre back, and a striker.

siatanhai

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Javad Nekounam,
borrai said:
We are two years late on most of our signings. I'm still not satisfied with our transfer policy, we still didn't lower the average age of our team. Ronaldinho and Flamini has to be our only good signings, the rest is just pure crap.

Shevchenko: a traitor, a has been, never should have been welcomed back.
Zambrotta: a has been, came two years late.
Boriello: Will fail miserabely, mark my wards. (Hint: Gilardino)
Senderos: LOL

What we needed was two proper full backs, a centre back, and a striker.
for our situation last season the transfer campaing was a success defonatly, at the end of the day we needed a squad strong enough to challenege for the serie A, guaranteeing us top 4 finish in the process and the sqaud must have been able to challenege for UEFA cup, looking at the squad we are most defonatly one of favourates for UEFA cup and strng contendors for let alone winnig the league but most certainly finishing top 4
for a champions league team our transfer campaign wud have been very questionable and IMO it wudnt have been good enough but this is forthis season and im sure WHEN we get our champions league finish we will see some top players join the club next season, especially if we have a very successful season indicating that we are backto our best will attract any top availbale players to us, financially we shud have been sortedo ut with a good season and we can bring in players in position that let us down somewhat in our current season
overall it has been a good transfer campaign

borrai

Banned
Reaction score
Before the season started our targets were clear: Winning the Serie A & the Uefa Cup. But of course during the season this will change to a top 4 finish to claim a CL spot, like the last 2 seasons when we have been no where near Inter.

siatanhai

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Javad Nekounam,
borrai said:
Before the season started our targets were clear: Winning the Serie A & the Uefa Cup. But of course during the season this will change to a top 4 finish to claim a CL spot, like the last 2 seasons when we have been no where near Inter.
we are not in the same position as inter, they have an advantage this yr in that their squad is full of players raring to go, an already gelled sqaud, we have jus finished our sqaud off with many unfit players and untested formations including these players, we can HOPE we challenge the scudetto but we can EXPECT to finish top 4

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA
Just Trust Them

I'm a little bit dissapointed but trust them...they will do teh best for the club and changing the policy the best... :o

PUPO

Stiamo tornando
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Pippo, Totti, R80, Messi, Sheva
Who is going to open the Beckham thread then?? He's ours

grounder

Incomplete & out of time
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Like you care?
Pupone said:
Who is going to open the Beckham thread then?? He's ours

Not yet. In January he'll be ours.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
After every window a round-up should be done here(I changed the thread name), though I can't see many good posts coming here(prove me wrong).

In:
Thiago Silva(eligible to play official games next season)
Felipe Matteoni
David Beckham
? someone to our primavera?

Out:
? did we send someone out on a loan?

Overall we finally started to go for defence and that's good. We didn't exactly give it so much I can see us getting better this year but let us hope on Sandro. Most of the fuzz was about Kaka and now Becks. First one went good but a summer window is going to be a long one.

Good rumours - Emerson, Kalac, Dida on their way out. Rossi in(though Parma president didn't even say he was in contact with us)

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Out:
? did we send someone out on a loan?

i dont think so?

--

was it you the mentioned not liking people having new avatars because you didnt recognize them?... cause im struggling to adjust to your new one for some reason.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
was it you the mentioned not liking people having new avatars because you didnt recognize them?... cause im struggling to adjust to your new one for some reason.

Yup. It was since suddenly everyone changed those. Be strong :)

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Milan’s Transfer Round-UP

Looking back at the last game of the previous season, no one would have imagined that that was the last time we see Milan with out some serious changes. Sure, everyone knew it was Maldini’s last game, but it turned out to be the farewell game for Ricardo Kaka’ and Carlo Ancelotti as well.

It was obvious after that game that Milan were keen on a rejuvenation stage, and so it would prove to be.

Milan decided to let go of their coach Carlo Ancelotti, whose replacment was Milan’s very own Leonardo. Milan also sold their star player, Kaka’, for a whooping price that helped cover the debt. Unfortunately for Milan, one of their very hot prospects Yoann Gourcoff decided to stay in Bordeaux which is a big loss for the Rossoneri. Of course, also Maldini left the team after he retired, and hopefully he’ll rejoin Milan occupying a staff spot. Milan also lost the services of the likes of Shevchenko, Beckham, Senderos, and Mattioni who all went back to their respective clubs after their loan contracts expired. Milan extended the co-ownership for Paloschi with Parma for one more year, which will help the young Italian gain some needed Serie A experience. Milan sold Romano Perticone to Livorno and also loaned Livorno Marcos Diniz, and loaned out their young italian defender, Darmian, to Padova for one year hoping he can gain some more experience. In addition to those, Milan also loaned out Pierre Aubameyang to Lille

As far as paying is concerned, Milan didn’t pay much to get a few players. Their recent aquisition, Klass-Jan Huntelaar was their most expensive buy of the summer, costing a reported price of about 15 million dollars.

Two other aquisitions came in the form of two young forwards, Zigoni and Berreta, who Milan hope will develop in the youth teams in order to help the first team later on in the competitions. Milan also bought the other half of Di gennaro’s contract from Genoa, and now they own all his contract; so was the case with Abate who Milan bought the rest of his contract from Torino. The other sigining was the American defender, Oguchi Onyewu, who came for free as his contract with his previou team ran out. There were also some players coming back from loan like Marco Storari and Massimo Oddo, two veterans who will hope to give Milan a push towards the titles. Thiago Silva, Milan’s ,Winter signing, can also be considered as a new signing since he didn’t get to play when he was signed due to the NON-EU regulations.

Milan do not look set to stop now, as Galliani has said that Milan are working on cancelling Kalac’s contract and bringing in Monaco’s 35 year old Goal keeper Roma instead. Milan also look set to buy one or two young fullbacks, with Lazio’s Di Silvestre and Spurs’ Gareth Bale look like the nearest targets, but buyin a new fullback may depend on the sale of Massimo Oddo who Milan believe may do them no good this season. Galliani also promised the Milan fans he would buy a young Brazilian midfielder; with most reports claiming it will be Hernanes.

With the Transfer window still open, and Leonardo assuring Milan have their eyes set on a few players, and with one NON-EU spot still free, one would want to wait and see to find out which players will wear the Rossoneri shirt next season.

pato-fans.com

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
My feelings are a mixture of the two, I'm not going to lie and pretend I'm not disappointed, I am, but I still have faith in Leo and what he wants to do, and I still think we have one or two more players to come in!

SouthClaw

Master of Hadou
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Pato, T. Silva, Ambrosini, Inzaghi
B said this transfer season is closed. Cheap ass mofo.

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
B said this transfer season is closed. Cheap ass mofo.

you're right. he is a cheap ass mofo. someone explained that the debt was cleared with kaka's money, and the left over and gourcouf's sale went on hunter, but what about the champions league money? and the tv money? not to mention the free'd up wage budget money!

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
you're right. he is a cheap ass mofo. someone explained that the debt was cleared with kaka's money, and the left over and gourcouf's sale went on hunter, but what about the champions league money? and the tv money? not to mention the free'd up wage budget money!

we dont get it till next year, god forbid he fronts it

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
well the window closes today and we clearly havent done enough... even teams that needed less than us bought more than us... there doesnt seem to be anything lined up for us today... sadly this is exactly what i expected to happen when we sold kaka...

4rossoneri

Beginner
Reaction score
31-Aug-2009 6:15:43 PM
Goal: Milan Director Ariedo Braida: No More Transfers

WHAT??????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!